OXM w/Disk $7.50, Nintendo Power $4 and Other Magazine Discounts at Amazon

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9139[/IMG-R]If you've ordered a video game from Amazon in the last month or so they were running a promotion where you can receive 50% off video game magazine subscriptions. Now, Amazon is running a $5 off magazine subscriptions promotion for the month of September (this comes off the FINAL price and not the original price). I was able to renew my subs to OXM (w disc); Nintendo Power; and Official Playstation Magazine for a total of $16.45 for all three subscription renewals.

FYI: PROMO DOESN'T SHOW UP UNITL CHECKOUT SCREEN!!!!

:wii: Nintendo Power
:360: Official Xbox Magazine w/Disc
:ps3: PlayStation: The Official Magazine
:pc: PC Gamer

Last edited by a moderator:
Great, great deal OP/CheapyD (saw it on front page). The inclusion of the disc makes it practially unbeatable. Closest I have ever found was $5.00 for a 3-year sub to EGM (back in the day) but it was a scam :lol:

For some reason I don't see this deal. I added all 3 magazines and went to checkout and its giving me a total of $62.90 with a $15 off promo bringing it to $47.90. What would be the problem here? How can I get that deal?

[quote name='The Calirican']For some reason I don't see this deal. I added all 3 magazines and went to checkout and its giving me a total of $62.90 with a $15 off promo bringing it to $47.90. What would be the problem here? How can I get that deal?[/QUOTE]

this...can someone please assist!!!!!!!!

Sweet. My current Nintendo Power subscription is going to run out in a few months and I was balking at paying full price to resubscribe. (I miss the days when it was Nintendo published and they gave you actual incentives to subscribe...) Anyway, picked up 1 year of NP and PC Gamer for $9.95. Thanks, OP!

Been saving that 50% off magazine promotional email I had for something like this. I snagged 3 of the magazines for $16. Been looking to get a new magazine subscription ever since EGM went under :D.

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']Just got OXM for $7.50.
I almost passed it up, but it should be worth it if they put a few nice exclusives on the disc.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I think the only game I've purchased lately was the free Big Kahuna Reef game, like others have reported.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, It didn't work for me, did that as well but it says 20 bucks on checkout for OXM. Maybe I have to wait a day for it to recognize the purchase?

What do you mean the deal doesn't show up until the check out screen? I'm at the "place your order" screen and it says $19.95... -_- I want pics or it didn't happen.

Yeah I got all 3 gaming mags. Not interested in anything else enough to bother and even these are only so-so wanted, but for 16 in credit for 36 issues, not bad at all.

Has anyone read any of these magazines within the last few years who can say what they're like? Like is Nintendo Power still almost focused exclusively towards kids, do they cover a lot of casual games, how is DS coverage & what is NVision like, how many pages?

For those of us who haven't had success in getting the 50% off discount show up, Amazon sent me the following reply about the situation.

Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.com.

I apologize for any frustration that may have resulted from this situation.

After researching your inquiry, I have found that you must select the magazine of your choice directly through the link provided in the e-mail sent to you. Once you click on the link, you will be directed to our website to sign into your account.

No codes are required--the discount will apply automatically at checkout.

We appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again at Amazon.com.

I can't find this email in my inbox, even though I got that Big Kahuna Reef game download last month. When was this email sent out to everyone and what was the title of it?

Sweet, had to grab Nintendo Power for under $5...I enjoy reading their in depth previews on DS and DSi/WiiWare games that aren't done very much elsewhere. Had bought Wii Sports Resort for $32 a few weeks ago and it qualified me. :D

[quote name='J7.']Has anyone read any of these magazines within the last few years who can say what they're like? Like is Nintendo Power still almost focused exclusively towards kids, do they cover a lot of casual games, how is DS coverage & what is NVision like, how many pages?[/QUOTE]

PC Gamer is a far, FAR cry from its former self... the last time I looked at it, the magazine topped in at under 100 pages, and they were far behind on their reviews / previews. Yes, I know most mags are, but there are still plenty of mags that have exclusive first reviews, such as OXM and Game Informer... PC Gamer does not.

At $5, I will pick it up just for bathroom reading material, but if anyone remembers what PC Gamer was like pre 2000, with epic 350 page issues chock full of awesome information, you are going to be highly disappointed.

OXM worth the CD imo is worth it... there are times the CD will have free exclusive themes, gamerpics, and sometimes DLC... I recently got an exclusive L4D premium theme and gamerpics on the CD, so that made it worth it imo.

Can't speak on the other two, but at $5 a year, I'll check them out.

I just called Amazon and they say that there is no deal. A total waste of time. Can someone send me a link or a page on amazon where the deal is described?\\

fucking assholes!

[quote name='Narse']For those of us who haven't had success in getting the 50% off discount show up, Amazon sent me the following reply about the situation.

I can't find this email in my inbox, even though I got that Big Kahuna Reef game download last month. When was this email sent out to everyone and what was the title of it?[/QUOTE]

They just told me there is no deal. Check your spam folder.

[quote name='animalspinners']PC Gamer is a far, FAR cry from its former self... the last time I looked at it, the magazine topped in at under 100 pages, and they were far behind on their reviews / previews. Yes, I know most mags are, but there are still plenty of mags that have exclusive first reviews, such as OXM and Game Informer... PC Gamer does not.

At $5, I will pick it up just for bathroom reading material, but if anyone remembers what PC Gamer was like pre 2000, with epic 350 page issues chock full of awesome information, you are going to be highly disappointed.

OXM worth the CD imo is worth it... there are times the CD will have free exclusive themes, gamerpics, and sometimes DLC... I recently got an exclusive L4D premium theme and gamerpics on the CD, so that made it worth it imo.

Can't speak on the other two, but at $5 a year, I'll check them out.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. Guess PC Gamer is a definite no, probably no on NP too since I only have a DS & I wasn't too happy with NP years ago. OXM still not sure, got it for 1 year and it was just okay. Will try OPM. NVision no clue.

So I have order games from Amazon several times last month (phyiscal games)

But no offer. Anyone have the email link to make it work? I want to get in on a few of the offers but have zero luck

I ordered several games through amazon in the last few months. I was supposed to get the email reguarding the 50% off magazines. But it never came. I did try to order a few magazines today though. Sure enough- amazon did take off the 50% and the $5 off each. But it didn't show up until just before the order finalized ( the final page before you actually submit the order ).

I didn't go through any links or anything. I just looked the magazines up in the search box. Then added them to cart.

Past the "place your order" screen? I'm hesitant, because I don't know how far you can go before it actually holds you to it.... seriously..... pics or it didn't happen.

nice find i just ordered np and oxm for 12.45, ( bought wii sports resort on release) When i went to the checkout page it said promotion applied 22.45 and promotion applied 10.00, so the total was 12.45.

[quote name='slugboss']Past the "place your order" screen? I'm hesitant, because I don't know how far you can go before it actually holds you to it.... seriously..... pics or it didn't happen.[/QUOTE]

You won't be held to anything until you click on place order. Hope that helps.

It says 19.95, right above "place order" for me.... So, I guess some of us are out of luck for some reason, I only bought Trials HD last month anyway. NEVER got my $5 worth of mp3s either. >=(

So you have to click "place order' before you get it? But if you do click "place order" and then you are stuck. If it didn't give you the savings, then you are $#IT OUT OF LUCK, or can you cancel it?

[quote name='robbyH']So you have to click "place order' before you get it? But if you do click "place order" and then you are stuck. If it didn't give you the savings, then you are $#IT OUT OF LUCK, or can you cancel it?[/QUOTE]

NO!!! If the discount doesn't show up on the final page, then you don't qualify for it (for whatever reason)! If you click "place order" it will place the order at whatever price it shows...

Curious for those OXM people out there. I went to their site to see what was on their discs and I see you can download the "Thinpak Art" (dvd cover slip). So do people buy empty cases for these?

[quote name='voidedx']Only $5 discount for OXM here. Would get for less than $10, but not for $20.[/QUOTE]

Yea agreed and I'm already a current subscriber lol.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Curious for those OXM people out there. I went to their site to see what was on their discs and I see you can download the "Thinpak Art" (dvd cover slip). So do people buy empty cases for these?[/QUOTE]

No, I don't and I still am confused why they have those to download, a demand for them really?

[quote name='Spybreak8']Yea agreed and I'm already a current subscriber lol.

No, I don't and I still am confused why they have those to download, a demand for them really?[/QUOTE]
Subscribers got pissed years back when they stopped giving the cases and just sent them in paper sleeves, so they started allowing people to print those out. I guess it was mostly those who subscribed for a long time and have a bit of ocd.

Picked up the 3 console mags...

Now I'm regretting not adding Nvision since I loved their conference in 08 (won myself over $2k in software and an 8800GT). Not to mention that I'm interested in the behind the scenes 3d modeling and art that goes into a game...

[quote name='forgot2panic']Picking up PSM and NP for $8 brought a smile to my face. Though it also opened up old wounds about EGM's dissolution.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think we're all thrilled at the prices. Unfortunately, except for Nintendo Power, the other two could easily disappear over night. That would leave the publisher with the right to fulfill the rest of your subscription with something like 'Golf Digest'...which has happened to me in the past (not that drastic of course)

bread's done
Back