OXM w/Disk $7.50, Nintendo Power $4 and Other Magazine Discounts at Amazon

loserboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]9139[/IMG-R]If you've ordered a video game from Amazon in the last month or so they were running a promotion where you can receive 50% off video game magazine subscriptions. Now, Amazon is running a $5 off magazine subscriptions promotion for the month of September (this comes off the FINAL price and not the original price). I was able to renew my subs to OXM (w disc); Nintendo Power; and Official Playstation Magazine for a total of $16.45 for all three subscription renewals.

FYI: PROMO DOESN'T SHOW UP UNITL CHECKOUT SCREEN!!!!

:wii: Nintendo Power
:360: Official Xbox Magazine w/Disc
:ps3: PlayStation: The Official Magazine
:pc: PC Gamer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dragonjud']Yeah, I think we're all thrilled at the prices. Unfortunately, except for Nintendo Power, the other two could easily disappear over night. That would leave the publisher with the right to fulfill the rest of your subscription with something like 'Golf Digest'...which has happened to me in the past (not that drastic of course)[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that NP is now owned by Future. The same company that owns XBM and PSM. So if one goes they all go.

Anyone having any luck that wasn't able to get this deal before? I ordered 3 games in the past month and still nothing for me.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']Anyone having any luck that wasn't able to get this deal before? I ordered 3 games in the past month and still nothing for me.[/QUOTE]

I got in. Only games I ordered in the last 3 months was SW: TFU (Amazon DOTD last week) and MvC2 (when it was priced $10). I think my promo came from the SW game. I got an MP3 credit with that purchase as well.

Amazon said I'm supposed to get it - they even sent me an email, but for some reason it won't ring up correctly at checkout. Really frustrating.

This worked for me this morning. I got OXM and OPM for $11.47. I was hoping it worked because I had gotten Wolfenstein from Amazon a little over a week ago.

I remembered seeing something about this promo when I ordered a Logitech keyboard a couple weeks ago. I never got an e-mail from them so I contacted them and they said the promotion was on my account. Of course there was no list of magazines that qualified for this so this thread helped me choose some.

Entertainment Weekly also qualifies for this so you can get one year of that for $5.

I put oxm and pc gamer in my cart went through the checkout and got up to the place order button and it still had the full price on it??

I guess it is not going to work for me right now? I'll see if I can contact amazon to see why I didn't get my email either about this so I can get this

Thanks for reminding me, I've been wanting to subscribe to an all around gaming magazine (which I did last year right as EGM died) but it's hard to beat all four for the same price of something like game informer.

For those that say they ordered games, let me ask you this- were they ordered and shipped by amazon ( the company itself ) or by a seller who listed the games on amazon's website?

When I contacted amazon about not receiving the promo last time around- amazon told me that the promo is only valid for games that are ordered through and shipped by amazon. It will not be valid for any games that are purchased through a seller/vendor.

The problem is amazon doesn't specify that on their promotions. The only way I found that out was when I emailed them and complained about it. So for those of you who ordered games- were they ordered from amazon ( the company itself ) or from a seller/vendor that listed their games on amazon.com ?

Hope that makes some sense.

edit to give an example:

Let's say that amazon is selling Lego batman for $19.99. But a seller ( in this case it is Hastings ) is listing lego batman for $9.99. If I ordered the $19.99 version ( sold by the amazon company ) I would get the magazine promotion. If I ordered the $9.99 one from the Hastings seller I wouldn't get the promo.

I think this is why a lot of people aren't getting the magazine promotion. They did order a game on amazon's website. But unless it was sold by amazon themselves- you won't get the discount.

They might not specify it, but I would just assume it would be from amazon only and not third party sellers...Like offering a credit on the next game purchase or an exclusive bonus item with a pre-order.

I guess if you have an Arcade and don't want to download the demos, plus need something to read in the crapper.

Got a sub of Nintendo Power for five dollars. Was always jealous of my friends growing up that had this mag.

Nintendo Power is a quality mag imo.. Well worth it! Thanks OP.

[quote name='Mizz Behavin']For those that say they ordered games, let me ask you this- were they ordered and shipped by amazon ( the company itself ) or by a seller who listed the games on amazon's website?

When I contacted amazon about not receiving the promo last time around- amazon told me that the promo is only valid for games that are ordered through and shipped by amazon. It will not be valid for any games that are purchased through a seller/vendor.

The problem is amazon doesn't specify that on their promotions. The only way I found that out was when I emailed them and complained about it. So for those of you who ordered games- were they ordered from amazon ( the company itself ) or from a seller/vendor that listed their games on amazon.com ?

Hope that makes some sense.

edit to give an example:

Let's say that amazon is selling Lego batman for $19.99. But a seller ( in this case it is Hastings ) is listing lego batman for $9.99. If I ordered the $19.99 version ( sold by the amazon company ) I would get the magazine promotion. If I ordered the $9.99 one from the Hastings seller I wouldn't get the promo.

I think this is why a lot of people aren't getting the magazine promotion. They did order a game on amazon's website. But unless it was sold by amazon themselves- you won't get the discount.[/QUOTE]

I did both and still didn't get the promo. Amazon couldn't even direct me to it. I gave up and ordered anyway as it was time to renew. Really wanted to get in at $8 though

[quote name='Mizz Behavin']I think this is why a lot of people aren't getting the magazine promotion. They did order a game on amazon's website. But unless it was sold by amazon themselves- you won't get the discount.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from amazon. Didn't get the email and the promo didn't work. I emailed them about it. They apologized and sent me the email that they said I "should" have gotten. Then I went to try to purchase the mags and it STILL didn't work even though I clicked the link right from the email they sent me today. I think someone dropped the ball on crediting the accounts with the promo.

[quote name='bgame2']i ordered from amazon. Didn't get the email and the promo didn't work. I emailed them about it. They apologized and sent me the email that they said i "should" have gotten. Then i went to try to purchase the mags and it still didn't work even though i clicked the link right from the email they sent me today. I think someone dropped the ball on crediting the accounts with the promo.[/quote]

Seconded

Awesome, awesome deal.

Haven't looked through the thread, but how to renewal subs work? My NP expires on JAN 10...is FUTURE smart enough to fulfill the order by adding to my existing subscription? Also picked up OPM...for $5, why not? Haven't read the magazine since PS2 came out!

My experience has been it was not all games were eligible for the 50% magazine promotion just like most of the Amazon video games promotions. If you ordered a eligible game you would have received the email several weeks ago. I received the email with eligible magazines but didn't think it was worth it at the time. I saw this post yesterday and I was able to order at the super discounted price.

Exactly what games activated this deal, I have bought Batman AA, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Muramasa all in the past month and I am only gettiing off the 5 bucks.

I've bought Batman AA and GH5 and I qualified for the same deal as OP.

I'm always looking for stuff to read on the can. Thanks, OP!

[quote name='Nintendokid54']Any one willing to give OXM as a "gift" subscribtion... I'll pay via paypal.
Send PM if interested. I have High ebay feedback.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here.

[quote name='knightimages']My experience has been it was not all games were eligible for the 50% magazine promotion just like most of the Amazon video games promotions. If you ordered a eligible game you would have received the email several weeks ago. I received the email with eligible magazines but didn't think it was worth it at the time. I saw this post yesterday and I was able to order at the super discounted price.[/QUOTE]

There was a discussion a few pages back about this - someone commented that they ordered vesperia, which I've ordered, and same problem.

I just found the links from the e-mail on "dealspy" and they're not working either. :(

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't find it.

I bought a bunch of games back in April and after I received them got the e-mail that I qualified to get game magazine subscriptions half off. There is no expiration or anything in the e-mail, but when I add them to my cart I don't see the discount, the half off or the $5 off.

So, does the discount not come up until you get to final check out? I would proceed to checkout but I just changed passwords and forgot what it is, since the passwords are at home I have to wait and just thought I would check.

Also, has anyone else used this promotion from back in April and it still work? Like I said, it doesn't mention any expiration date, but I would think it would expire.

And, final question, does Amazon charge shipping on magazine orders if they are under $25? I'm contemplating if I should get the deal of the day as well, or if I should get a few extra subscriptions to make the $25.

Thanks so much, will be nice to get the entire subscription of Nintendo Power for less than I paid for one issue :D

has anyone who ordered OXM gotten a second confirmation email from amazon besides the original email confirmation?

i subscribed to OXM, NP, and PC Gamer, and a couple days later, I got seperate email confirmations that the NP and PC Gamer magazine subscriptions each were processed successfully. i never got anything with regards to the OXM though so i'm curious if anyone else did...

[quote name='espionage']has anyone who ordered OXM gotten a second confirmation email from amazon besides the original email confirmation?

i subscribed to OXM, NP, and PC Gamer, and a couple days later, I got seperate email confirmations that the NP and PC Gamer magazine subscriptions each were processed successfully. i never got anything with regards to the OXM though so i'm curious if anyone else did...[/QUOTE]

I ordered PSM and OXM and got separate emails for each.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']I ordered PSM and OXM and got separate emails for each.[/QUOTE]

great thanks. looks like i need to look into this then.

I ordered two year subscriptions to both OXM and PSM, got $10 off each subscription. After that and my $5.03 left on a gift card I ended up only paying $49 and some change. I'm happy with that. I didn't get the 50% off, but this thread made me aware of the $10 deals. Thanks OP.

For reference sake, I bought a ps3 controller(and that free guitar with it) and batman AA collector's on ps3 in august, and I got the deal.

Confirmation e-mails though? Hm, I haven't gotten one for any of the magazines and I ordered 3, psm/oxm/np.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't find it.

I bought a bunch of games back in April and after I received them got the e-mail that I qualified to get game magazine subscriptions half off. There is no expiration or anything in the e-mail, but when I add them to my cart I don't see the discount, the half off or the $5 off.

So, does the discount not come up until you get to final check out? I would proceed to checkout but I just changed passwords and forgot what it is, since the passwords are at home I have to wait and just thought I would check.

Also, has anyone else used this promotion from back in April and it still work? Like I said, it doesn't mention any expiration date, but I would think it would expire.

And, final question, does Amazon charge shipping on magazine orders if they are under $25? I'm contemplating if I should get the deal of the day as well, or if I should get a few extra subscriptions to make the $25.

Thanks so much, will be nice to get the entire subscription of Nintendo Power for less than I paid for one issue :D[/QUOTE]

Going off memory, I believe the discount didn't show up until the final checkout screen. Also, I believe you should get free shipping on all magazine orders even if they are under $25.

1NintendoFan, there should be no shipping charges at all for the mags, Amazon forwards your info to the magazine company who then ships the mags for free. I remember reading something that said this when I ordered/after ordered.

[quote name='Josef']Going off memory, I believe the discount didn't show up until the final checkout screen. Also, I believe you should get free shipping on all magazine orders even if they are under $25.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I checked last night and even though the page shows me that I qualify for the 50% off when I use the link in the e-mail, once I get to final checkout the price is still regular price (minus the $15 for the promo) I went ahead and e-mailed Amazon since there is no expiration date and the website shows I will get the 50%, probably won't do any good, but maybe I will get lucky. I'd love to get three game magazines for $16.45 :D

[quote name='J7.']1NintendoFan, there should be no shipping charges at all for the mags, Amazon forwards your info to the magazine company who then ships the mags for free. I remember reading something that said this when I ordered/after ordered.[/QUOTE]

I double checked last night when I tried placing the order and there is no shipping, regardless of price. It said it qualifies for Free Super Saver Shipping, so I just assumed I had to spend $25, but that wasn't the case. Good to know for the future.

Thanks for the replies!

[quote name='1NintendoFan']I went ahead and e-mailed Amazon since there is no expiration date and the website shows I will get the 50%, probably won't do any good, but maybe I will get lucky. I'd love to get three game magazines for $16.45 :D
QUOTE]

I didn't get the 50% show up even though I know I have bought a couple of games that qualified. I emailed Amazon and they told me the 50% discount expired 08/31???!!!

Here's their reply to me:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry you weren't able to take advantage of this promotional offer for 50% on Select Video Game Magazines before it expired on August 31, 2009. Our promotional offers function much like a coupon in a physical store. They are sometimes limited to certain products and are valid only for the length of the promotion.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of our future promotions.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.

[quote name='estofan']Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry you weren't able to take advantage of this promotional offer for 50% on Select Video Game Magazines before it expired on August 31, 2009. Our promotional offers function much like a coupon in a physical store. They are sometimes limited to certain products and are valid only for the length of the promotion.

I hope you'll be able to take advantage of our future promotions.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.com.[/QUOTE]

I figure that is probably the reply I will get as well, but it doesn't hurt to try. I can understand this expiring, but it would have been nice to know when it would. At the time I wasn't much interested in it, so there is a chance I just didn't see it, but the e-mail doesn't mention anything and the site comes up as if it is still active. I'll keep my fingers crossed and maybe get lucky, but I won't hold my breath!

Thanks for the post, at least I know what to expect now!

Amazon just e-mailed back with almost a word for word with the response estofan got. They did, however, include the link to the "fine print" where it says Amazon has the right to modify or end the promotion at any time. They did not give me a date when the program expired, they just pasted that comment into the e-mail and provided the link.

Guess I'll wait it out for next time, thanks again for the post, great deal!

bread's done
Back