Ozzfest 2007 free ticket info

chimpian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Updates at the bottom of post

hello all,
sorry about posting this here i know there is a thread out there somewhere, i just couldnt find it.

anyway here is the official info from ozzfest.com:

APRIL 9, 2007

OZZFEST ANNOUNCES HOW FANS CAN
OBTAIN THEIR FREE TICKETS
TO THIS SUMMER’S GROUND-BREAKING EXTRAVAGANZA

You’ve heard about how OZZFEST is boldly redefining the concert industry this year by making all the tickets to the summer’s premiere touring concert festival entirely free for fans.

Well, Ozzfest fans have a number of ways to score a pair of tickets to “FreeFest”--which will rock mightily with festival’s namesake OZZY OSBOURNE and Lamb of God, Hatebreed, Lordi, Behemoth, Mondo Generator, Nile, Ankla, Circus Diablo, The Showdown, 3 Inches of Blood, Daath, Chthonic and In This Moment.

Ticket codes will be distributed through sponsor websites beginning May 12. Details on these programs are available on ozzfest.com, livenation.com, monsterenergy.com, jagermusic.com and fye.com. In the meantime, various sponsors will have offline initiatives, details of which will also be available via their respective websites.

These codes can be redeemed for tickets beginning June 12--exactly one month before the first OZZFEST 2007 show in Seattle. Fans will return to the site where they registered or www.livenation.com/ozzfest, enter their code and download two tickets to the show of their choice. Note: To ensure that everyone gets the chance for free tickets, there is a limit of two tickets per customer.

The 24-city earth-pounding 12th annual OZZFEST will launch July 12 in Seattle, WA at the White River Amphitheatre. OZZFEST will also hit George, WA, Sacramento, CA, Mountain View, CA, Devore, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Albuquerque, NM, Denver, CO, Kansas City, MO, Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX, St. Louis, MO, Columbus, OH, Tinley Park, IL, East Troy, WI, Indianapolis, IN, Holmdel, NJ, Hartford, CT, Boston, MA, Philadelphia, PA, Pittsburgh, PA, Detroit, MI, Charlotte, NC and West Palm Beach, FL.

Stay tuned to www.ozzfest.com and www.LiveNation.com for the most up to date information on this summer’s extravaganza.

ill keep everyone updated as to what we have to do and when, keep your fingers crossed its not drink 12 gallons of monster energy drink :whistle2:D

UPDATE 5/7***There is some info on Tix, from Ozzfest.com
if you buy the new ozzy cd that comes out May 22nd you get the code for 2 tix to one venue so thats not so bad and if we are lucky it will be cheap the first week somewhere. You can redeem the code starting June 8th.
http://www.ozzfest.com/news_2007.html

UPDATE 5/7*** monster energy drink has some info too, it looks like if you buy a 4 pk or bigger(starting june 1st) you get a redemption code, the catch is you cant redeem until June 12th. The wording is vague in the article on the website so if i have this wrong i appologize and i'll fix it.
http://www.monsterenergy.com/thelab/newsDetail.php?id=895

So far the ozzy cd seems the best way to go as long as they sell the coded ones in my/your area. Good luck.

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Blar! The bands are mostly crap again![/quote]

Yeah, there's alot of crap to sort through... but it's free, and it beats shit like Spring Bling and the Warped Tour.

[quote name='Rozz']Yeah, there's alot of crap to sort through... but it's free, and it beats shit like Spring Bling and the Warped Tour.[/QUOTE]

True, true, something to do and there is some good bands. Lordi!

The lineup is awesome this year with Lordi, 3IOB, Nile, and Behemoth. Too bad they're not playing at Nissan this year.

[quote name='PhreQuencYViii']Blar! The bands are mostly crap again![/quote]

Oh you know you go through the free stuff forms and order stuff you dont need.
besides, its free crap if it is crap.

[quote name='Serialkilla']It's worth it if just for Ozzy.[/QUOTE]

QFT

I'm gonna try and get tickets, if the rest of the bands suck, I'll just go for Ozzy.

[quote name='Rozz']Yeah, there's alot of crap to sort through... but it's free, and it beats shit like Spring Bling and the Warped Tour.[/quote]

Have you seen this year's Warped lineup? Bad Religion alone makes it worth it, but we've also got Flogging Molly, Agent Orange, Pennywise, etc.

It's unfortunate the lineup isn't better (Ozzfest '05 had such a good one the $120 price was never an issue for me) but still a free festival is a free festival and I've been trying to see Ozzy solo live for years now after having seen Sabbath. I'm going to try and get tickets to the White River and Gorge shows that are a day apart and both in Washington. Should kick ass.

Bump for an update
i agree it sucks the lineup isnt better but for free maybe you'll find a new song or 2 to throw into mp3 player rotation.

[quote name='chimpian']Bump for an update
i agree it sucks the lineup isnt better but for free maybe you'll find a new song or 2 to throw into mp3 player rotation.[/quote]

Sucks? Dude its Ozzy fucking ozbourne, for free. How can you guys complain?!

[quote name='J35U5']Sucks? Dude its Ozzy fucking ozbourne, for free. How can you guys complain?![/quote]

Except, like last year, Ozzy himself is likely only going to play the big cities.

[quote name='spmahn']Except, like last year, Ozzy himself is likely only going to play the big cities.[/quote]

In that case, yeah the lineup sucks. Its called Ozz fest, i kind of would expect the ozzman to show up at his own concert

[quote name='J35U5']Sucks? Dude its Ozzy fucking ozbourne, for free. How can you guys complain?![/QUOTE]

personally im not complaining i wanna go i love bands i never heard of before the thrill of hearing something new is great, im just saying there is a plus, and free is awesome for a concert :D

[quote name='JackFlash666']Except it's not like last year and he's headlinging the entire tour...[/quote]

Well good for him then, it's good to see that he's at least going to play and allow one decent act in the sea of nu-metal garbage.

Very limited run this year for Ozzfest. They must have been losing their shirts in recent years. Atlanta and Houston (regular stops) are gone. Plus the tour starts 3 months later than it had previously. Go figure.

[quote name='spmahn']Well good for him then, it's good to see that he's at least going to play and allow one decent act in the sea of nu-metal garbage.[/QUOTE]

Last year he didn't have a new solo album to push though. ;-)

Either way, I'm convinced Ozzy has still got it (or enough of it anyway) live - I saw him with the original Black Sabbath lineup at Ozzfest 2005 and they kicked an enormous amount of ass and I can't wait to see him play his solo material this year.

Yep - well the codes, you redeem the codes for tickets in early June. I got 3 of 'em, 1 with each of my email addresses because I have two shows a day apart near me(first and second dates) that I'll probably hit up with some friends - hence the 6 potential tickets.

bread's done
Back