P.N.03 $9.99 at BB

Damn, a lot of whiners about this game.

Don't listen to the haters, this game is a pure shooter. Don't expect anything else. While it's not A+++ material I'd definitely give it a B or B-. The game is all about learning how to use the layout of the level to your advantage to dodge enemy attacks while countering with your own. A lot of the music is great, ranging from techno beats to ambient electronic.

And while the controls aren't as easy as some people like, they are rewarding if you can learn and master them. If this game were controlled fully 3D like say, Zelda or Mario, this game would be a cakewalk.

Again, if you had any interest in this game 10 dollars is a steal. This is for the hardcore elite only.

I picked up a copy (only a few left) at my closest B&M Best Buy (Laurel, MD) last night, and I think the game is decent enough for the price. The lead character's appearance and animations go a long way toward making up for the games's generic environments and enemies. I already wish you could save anywhere anytime, but for $10 new, I can live with it. (I also have reason to improve my proficiency in a hurry.)

[quote name='waxHead'][quote name='bfg9k']It was the Orange store that I found it at. Did you already check Norwalk? Remember you can always ask me to look for something for ya, I owe you one for that BOF deal you posted. ;)[/quote]

gotcha! it's cool, didn't check the Norwalk store yet. I was there Saturday returning a game, I noticed at least five or six copies of PN 03 in stock at the time. I figure this is one I'll let pass, I've got plenty at home now :)

thanks for the offer, I'm glad you were able to get that BoF game. one of the only "cheap" games I'm still trying to find is Ikaruga brand new for about $25 :)[/quote]

Ikaruga is $19.99 shipped free on BestBuy.com but it is backordered.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051806933405&skuId=5424579&type=product[/url]

Is this price drop only at Best Buy or has it dropped at all retailers? Looks like just BB cuz EBgames.com and Amazon still have it for 19.99. Maybe others will follow soon.

Only Best Buy in the city that had any left was clear on the other side of town. Tried getting them to price match it at Circuit City but it was a no go, they said they had to have an ad for it. Well, the game's price drop wasn't advertised and the lady at BB wouldn't print out the $10 price for me, so they wouldn't do it.

Really annoyed the hell out of me that they wouldn't bend a little and do it for me anyway. I'll bet ten bucks they'll still have all three copies of the game they had in stock now in a few months when CC drops the game to $10 also to clear it out. *&^$% :evil:

[quote name='CD']Only Best Buy in the city that had any left was clear on the other side of town. Tried getting them to price match it at Circuit City but it was a no go, they said they had to have an ad for it. Well, the game's price drop wasn't advertised and the lady at BB wouldn't print out the $10 price for me, so they wouldn't do it.

Really annoyed the hell out of me that they wouldn't bend a little and do it for me anyway. I'll bet ten bucks they'll still have all three copies of the game they had in stock now in a few months when CC drops the game to $10 also to clear it out. *&^$% :evil:[/quote]

Yeah the 3 Best Buys in my area all had the item listed as discontinued (Woodland Hills, Burbank, and Rinaldi). The clsoest one with any copy of the game is Thousand Oaks (Which isn't close at all).

So I jsut went to Circuit City where they had the game for $19.99 and used a Gamer's Gift Card to match it and make it $14.99. Not as good as $9.99 but I figured I'd get it now rather than regret it later.

[quote name='andrew333']forgive me but isn't this supposed to be a horrible game?[/quote]

One mans' trash is another mans' treasure.

Ive heard this game is bad, but it still sounds fun. Is it quirky like Space Channel Five? I bought it, but I might return it. Cant decide.

Screw the reviews, PN03 is FUN. And it's not anything like Space Channel. It's a classic shoot-up game where you have to dodge enemy fire and stuff, except it's all in 3D

The people who hate this game just don't understand or grasp the concept of the game. It's not suppose to be like Devil May Cry or anything. If people actually played the game for at least 15 minutes, they would understand why you can't move while you shoot

Once you get a suit that has automatic, the game gets better. Cause then you don't have to worry about pressing the A button repeatedly to fire (while trying to dodge). With automatic, you just hold down the fire button. Then the only thing you have to think about is dodging.

i picked this up thursday morning, spent a couple hours on it yesterday getting used to the oddball controls, and then today spent another 2 hours playing it. I absolutely love it so far, but yes it is essentially 100% about shooting and dodging. Wearing certain suits, it's very easy to get killed... but that's a big part of the fun. This is a performance based game: the more you put into learning how to play well, the more fun you'll have with it. Shoot for high scores and high combos and you'll have a great time.

I got to play it this weekend.

at first I didnt like it much coz it was kinda weird, but then I beat the first level and learned how to play the game thru beating the trial missions.

now it's not that bad at all.

btw tho, the 5th trial mission was a bitch to beat. I didnt have a problem at all for the first 4 but 5th one took me forever.

I expected this to be hard to find, walk into my local Best Buy today and they had just 10 or so sitting there, guess it isn't selling any better at 9.99 then it did at full price.

Would anyone be willing to pick this up and ship it my way? I don't have a best buy anywhere near where I live. I'd be willing to throw in a couple bucks for shipping. PM me.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I dunno....it was the last copy at my local BB today.[/quote]

Out of stock by me.

I saw Mace Griffin, Primal, Ultimate Muscle (GBA) all for $9.99 each and a few medicore games. Dino Crisis 3 is also down to $19.99 and I had to pick it up for $14.99 to complete my DC collection atleast despite the bad reviews.

I'm sure most of this has been mentioned before anyways.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any copies of PN03, regardless of the scores I'm sure I can make it worth $9.99, It's hard to pass up alot of games at that price new.

I grabbed it Saturday, for 9.99. I've gotten games of a lower quality for a lower price before. (Frogger Beyond for a dollar, not worth it)

This game, though, is worth it. It's not like any other game I've played before, and believe me-- the seperation of running and shooting is not a bad thing.

..Worth every penny.

man, this game is pretty great. has anyone whos gotten it and played it not liked it?

i think this would be a good example of a game that was critically panned and pretty much ignored at $40-$50 bucks, but when it got down to a price that people are willing to take a chance with, they really get to like it. a pure, niche shooter.

my prediction? in 5 years, this game will be going for $60-$70 new on ebay.

Out of stock and discontinued all around me too. If anyone's feeling generous and active, I'll Paypal them $10 and throw in a $10 EBgames.com code if they'll send me a sealed copy. PM me.

fantastic game. not for everyone. definitely grab this at $9.99. i enjoyed it thoroughly at original retail price.

two tips to increase your enjoyment: 1.)play all trial missions 2.)get full-auto ASAP. the game is 2xs as fun with full-auto.

There was only one copy at my Best Buy a few days ago and I passed on it because everyone was saying it sucked.

Then I started hearing more positive reviews, so I went back today and found that it was still there. So I picked it up.

:oops:

I was able to pick up an extra copy of this (the last one on the shelf). If anyone wants it, I'll sell it for $13.00 (via Paypal only) including 1st class shipping in a padded envelope (US only). PM me if interested.

If I lived on the east coast, that'd be great... but I don't, I'm in Missouri. That long of a road trip for a $10 game kinda kills the deal.

But seriously, the request still stands. Anybody?

bread's done
Back