PacSun: What Is Your Opinion About It?

strikeratt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
For a Marketing project, in my class, my group decided to take on how could we utilize marketing in order to turn around PacSun's dwindling market share. The project is coming to a close and we thought it would be great to have some outside consumer evaluations on the store and their products themselves. So really quick, or at great lengths if you so desire, could you help out a fellow CAG in answering any number of these questions? Thanks in advance!

1. What word(s) come to mind when you think of PacSun?

2. What do you think PacSun is selling in their stores?

3. When was the last time, if at all, you have been to a PacSun and/or purchased something from it?

4. Where do you prefer to shop?

5. What is your location?

6. Any other information you care to share?

[quote name='strikeratt']1. What word(s) come to mind when you think of PacSun? Teenagers.

2. What do you think PacSun is selling in their stores? Clothing, jewelry; mostly surf/skate-wear.

3. When was the last time, if at all, you have been to a PacSun and/or purchased something from it? Probably college; bought an Etnies hoodie I still have somewhere.

4. Where do you prefer to shop? No preference, just more upscale shops now for a sharper look.

5. What is your location? USA.

6. Any other information you care to share? 18/Cali/F.[/QUOTE]
Trolling on #6, as if you couldn't tell.

Oh yeah, I forgot to do this yesterday.

[quote name='strikeratt']
1. What word(s) come to mind when you think of PacSun?[/quote]

OutRAGEOUSLY expensive clothes that try to blend together hipster colors with skater/surfer culture, but it's such a bad combination that it doesn't work. You'll see a lot of neon 80s type stuff that - I guess - younger kids go for? Which is weird since none of their targeted market lived through that decade, but I'm starting to digress here.

They SHOULD be selling Caprisuns, not flip flops and trucker hats. I'd go into a Pacsun and throw down on some Caprisuns.

3. When was the last time, if at all, you have been to a PacSun and/or purchased something from it?

Last in one 4-5 years ago. I don't think I've ever bought anything from them because of the prices. Even sale prices are higher than a lot of competitor stores for the same basic things. Their brands also tend to end up in a lot of the reseller retail shops, like TJ Maxx and the like.

Same as Joduo - no real preference, but trying to go for a sharper look.

Austin.

I LIKE CHOCOLATE MILK.

-Skate/surfer wanna be teens.

-Bright colored skate/surf clothes and accessories.

-Never that I can recall.

-For clothes? Mostly Macy's and Kohl's lately. Target for running/workout clothes, local running store for running shoes.

-Atlanta

Clothes and summer time.

Casual clothes for people under 30 with a California vibe.

Over 2 or 3 years. I think I bought a shirt.

At a mall. No specific chain though. I just want a big selection cause I don't shop much for clothing. I use the internet for specific t shirts though.

Currently Prague, Czech Republic

fuck PacSun

Edit: I don't actually hate PacSun. It's far from my style nowadays.

Last edited by a moderator:

teenager, highschool, overpriced

plad shorts and graphic tees

6 years ago

jcrew

chicago

pacsun is probably too expensive for kids that can just buy cheap clothing from AE

The mall...

skate shoes, baggy jeans?, t-shirts with pop culture stuff printed on them

Never been in one - and man, I haven't even been to the mall in nearly a year.

Online. For clothes - well, mostly online. I also do quite a bit of shopping at thrift stores and yard sales. Really.

Alabama

Ughh marketing - I loathe marketing - Pacsun should just stop selling clothes and offer free money management classes to those ne'er-do-wells that stroll the malls and wander in to their stores.

Hipsters

Skinny jeans, neon colored crap, hipster glasses

I think I bought a Big Johnson shirt there in like '91 or so...

For clothes - Macy's, Marshalls

Pittsburgh

I fucking hate hipsters.

1. Penny Arcade Expo in the Sun?!
2. It's a store?! Sounds like either cheaply made crap and/or marketed toward hipsters.
3. My part of the city doesn't welcome hipsters, thankfully.
4. Anyplace with deals. I dress like Louis C.K.
5. Amurrica.
6. Hipsters are annoying. Quit trying to be ironic, it's not funny.

I just shop there whenever there is a massive % off sale online.

Like other popular stores they have ridiculously high prices if you don't use a coupon code. Never really thought about it too much other than another store to buy clothes from. *shrugs*

T-Shirts, Skate-brand merchandise

T-Shirts, Skate Shoes

I bought a T-Shirt

woot/those other really cheap print t-shirt websites

Spokane, WA

I used to like PacSun because it was the only place locally I could get decent print shirts (I like most of the skate/surf brands Hurley, Burton, Volcom, Element they just seem to always have designs I like). Then I discovered these places like shirt.woot popped up with tons of cool shirt ideas and designs and I no longer had a reason to go to PacSun since it was both cheaper and more convenient to order online once I knew how the shirts would fit.

Damn, lots of people down on pacsun haha. Believe it or not (and they may not sell them anymore) but back in the day you could get some legit deals on boards over a skate shop because they'd have some on clearance. Not talking some junky ply either but quality boards: Birdhouse, Zero, BLiND, etc. And I'm not 100% positive, but I believe grip tape was free with the purchase. Saved you an extra ~$10.

After snapping a few boards, you become conscious of the price heh.

Hipster, Poser Skater/Surfer types that slap stickers all over their mommy/daddy purchased lifted truck

Overpriced clothing and accessories

4 years. (would have been longer if I didn't take my ex' little brother in there a few times)

The mall for the variety but it's mostly macys/sears for Levis and Dickies.

See user pane for info

Hipsters ruin everything.

[quote name='Jodou']Damn, lots of people down on pacsun haha. Believe it or not (and they may not sell them anymore) but back in the day you could get some legit deals on boards over a skate shop because they'd have some on clearance. Not talking some junky ply either but quality boards: Birdhouse, Zero, BLiND, etc. And I'm not 100% positive, but I believe grip tape was free with the purchase. Saved you an extra ~$10.

After snapping a few boards, you become conscious of the price heh.[/QUOTE]

Ya some years ago my brother and I use to take full advantage of this. I don't believe they do anymore though. I'll have to check that out when I go this weekend. Sadly I still have yet to set foot in the store for years and here I am doing a project on it haha.

Thanks again guys by the way. Still looking for more, this is an awsome start.

bread's done
Back