Papa John's Appreciation Day

[quote name='mykevermin']I'd love to see those data. I don't picture the Red Lobster/Olive Garden demographic as being politically interested in the well being of the employees. I see them much like some of the anti-laborer rhetoric on the Wal-Mart Black Friday strike thread here on CAG - utter disdain and scorn for employees who stand up for reasonable working conditions because it might get in the way of a deal on an LCD television.

Clearly I'm wrong.[/QUOTE]

You are. :) I actually love Red Lobster, Olive Garden is okay on occasion. I think you meant places like Sizzler, or Old Country Buffet.

Yeah, I also pretty much never eat at chain sit down places. Just no reason to. If I have time for a sit down meal out I'll go to a local joint (whether home or traveling). I do like eating out though, so usually do so at least once or twice a week with the girlfriend and/or friends. I cook a lot as well, but still nice to sit down and be served, to order dishes I can't easily make at home (ethnic food, seafood etc.).

Fast food is just a few times a year, mostly in the airport, or when out and about and not having time for a sit down meal. And I usually opt for something like Subway, or a salad etc. Very rare to get a fast food burger and fries. If I'm going to eat that unhealthy I'll wait until I can get a real burger from a pub or something. One exception would be Five Guys--they're ok for first food burgers and have damn good fries. But I haven't eaten there in over a year still.

[quote name='camoor']I saw this elitist attitude alot in the comments section, but why do tourists deserve to eat shitty food just because they get hungry while visiting Times Square?

Did you read the article, this isn't a mediocre Southern restaurant, it's an abomination.[/QUOTE]

There's a reason the NYT doesn't review "TGI Friday's."

Just because Fieri has something called "Donkey Sauce" it's not automatically a notch below a place that serves fried green beans with ranch dressing as an appetizer.

Look, I love the piling on of Fieri. He's a joke, he's a goof. But I stand by Times Square ≠ NYC. Get a dog off of a cart, get something off the Halal carts (omg the fucking beef!).

I dunno...walk a block? Take a cab? NYC is more than 42nd street, and they let the tourists wander out there, too. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.

[quote name='mykevermin']There's a reason the NYT doesn't review "TGI Friday's."

Just because Fieri has something called "Donkey Sauce" it's not automatically a notch below a place that serves fried green beans with ranch dressing as an appetizer.

Look, I love the piling on of Fieri. He's a joke, he's a goof. But I stand by Times Square ≠ NYC. Get a dog off of a cart, get something off the Halal carts (omg the fucking beef!). [/QUOTE]

I agree. I don't do C rating but I know a few good spots.

[quote name='mykevermin']I dunno...walk a block? Take a cab? NYC is more than 42nd street, and they let the tourists wander out there, too. So I'm not sure what you're getting at.[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying that you get it, but I don't see the harm in ringing the alarm bell that Times Square restaurants are crappy and Guy's is worse then most. I don't see why it's "poor form" to skewer a restaurant when locals don't think twice about skewering a Broadway show or popular movie.

a pal ordered some PJ's for the vikings game last week. I had a slice of the new five sausage and was shitting so hard I thought I was going to have a prolapsed colon within 20 minutes.

bread's done
Back