Papa John's Pizza

Ub3rChief

CAGiversary!
My favorite online deal has apparently expired (the code was "PHILLY"). Usually, in my experience, they issue a new code that offers the same deal as the earlier code offered when it expires, but I haven't seen a new code yet.

Anybody know any other deals? Getting pizza from them is like a tradition for me, and losing this code really makes me sad. :(

EDIT: Soulless sons of b****es removed the BOGO deal (at least for me). Here's hoping a new one pops up soon.

Little Caesars and Dominos are the worst national chains. I refuse to even eat their pizza, Dominos is always light on the toppings and the bread is rubbery and Little Caesars just taste like the pizza they used to have in school.

[quote name='2pac']I'm surprised that not many have mentioned Little Caesars Pizza.

I put that ahead of the rest of the big pizza companies.[/quote]

Little Caesers is horrible. The only reason to ever get pizza from there is that it's fast and cheap.

Mmm I forgot about Little Ceasars! I used to LOVE it..but the only place near me that you could of gotten one was in KMART!! (LOL) And they closed that down.

Man, it's been so long since I've had that. Do they still exist ?!

EDIT: Actually I used to be CRAZY about their bread and cheesesticks!! Mmm!!

I used to like Little Caesar's, before they used boxes. I liked their crazy bread/sauce, and I always liked getting the middle piece of a square pizza. Of course, I was also like 12 at the time. For the price and at the time, it was great; my folks would go out, by themselves and they'd pick up some pizzas and bread/sauce and my brother and I would rent a movie from BBV. The last time I had LC, though, about 6 years ago, it tore my stomach up and just wasn't very good.

[quote name='Thongsy']Little Caesars and Dominos are the worst national chains. I refuse to even eat their pizza, Dominos is always light on the toppings and the bread is rubbery and Little Caesars just taste like the pizza they used to have in school.[/QUOTE]

You stole the words right out of my mouth.

[quote name='Thongsy']Little Caesars and Dominos are the worst national chains. I refuse to even eat their pizza, Dominos is always light on the toppings and the bread is rubbery and Little Caesars just taste like the pizza they used to have in school.[/quote] no way man. pizza hut takes that honor.

ive lived a lot of different places, and i can tell you dominos varies in quality WIDELY. when i lived in a upscale part of jersey it was really pretty good. a couple of indian (as in from india) guys owned it. i tried it in a square state once though and it tasted like ass. i think it really has a lot to do w/ if the people who own the joint make it. same w/ little caesars. though its never been horrible for me, its sub-par. like about equal to a supermarket brand frozen pizza.

ive never had a really good papa johns pizza either. theyve always been kinda blase.

Domino's 555 deal got be in, found out it wasn't as bad as I remember but still not high quality.

Shame there's not a Papa John's in the county.

[quote name='Sporadic']That's not true, alot of drivers know that most people tip in cash.[/quote]
Not so much. I've been delivering for PJ's for about 11 months now, and I know that way more often than not, when a credit card receipt says $0 for the tip, that I'll be leaving that door empty handed. Which is why I made the comment about the delivery charge. I assume when people order online that they see that there's a $1.-- delivery charge and just assume that it goes to the driver as a tip. It doesn't, never has, never will, so it really sucks when people figure that into the tip, or don't tip because they figure it's 1985 and $1 is still an adequate tip.

BOGO didn't work for my local Papa John's.

Anyone ever have pizza from, I believe it was called, The Green Mill. I had it at a friends birthday years ago in Wisconsin Dells and it was the most delicious pizza I've ever had. It was also $20 per pizza...

[quote name='propeller_head']ive lived a lot of different places, and i can tell you dominos varies in quality WIDELY.[/quote]
Indeed. Back in NY many, many years ago I had a similar experience. I had Domino's from about three different locations and it was pretty decent. The only problem was, afterwards, it was like having a complete GI tract cleansing. It pretty much made the controversy surrounding Olestra a few years later seem like a joke compared to what Domino's could do with just a cheese pizza.

On the other hand, in Pittsburgh it was fairly decent. Granted, it took around two hours to hit the "going to live in the bathroom for a while" point but it was a bit tastier so long as you stuck with the thin crust. You wouldn't dare buy the regular one or the deep dish one unless it was loaded with toppings, otherwise you would get sick halfway through a second slice.

And in Bloomington, Indiana...it's servicable. The stomach lives but the taste buds weep in horror. It's especially heinous considering you could spend a dollar or so more and get far better local pizzas with better ingredients. Mother Bear's comes to mind, immediately.

Necrobump.

God, Papa Johns used to make good pizza, but now they got a new manager and all the good folks left. Same thing with Dominos.

I blame this all on the lack of a BOGO/PHILLY coupon.

[quote name='Kapwanil']Indeed. Back in NY many, many years ago I had a similar experience. I had Domino's from about three different locations and it was pretty decent. The only problem was, afterwards, it was like having a complete GI tract cleansing. It pretty much made the controversy surrounding Olestra a few years later seem like a joke compared to what Domino's could do with just a cheese pizza.

On the other hand, in Pittsburgh it was fairly decent. Granted, it took around two hours to hit the "going to live in the bathroom for a while" point but it was a bit tastier so long as you stuck with the thin crust. You wouldn't dare buy the regular one or the deep dish one unless it was loaded with toppings, otherwise you would get sick halfway through a second slice.

And in Bloomington, Indiana...it's servicable. The stomach lives but the taste buds weep in horror. It's especially heinous considering you could spend a dollar or so more and get far better local pizzas with better ingredients. Mother Bear's comes to mind, immediately.[/quote]

Mmmmm... Aver's

I miss the old BOGO online deal at Papa John's too. I haven't ordered from them since they changed it a month or so ago to forcing you to get a large to get the BOGO.

I miss you BOGO. Sniff. :cry:

papa johns is pretty good quality stuff and if you order online you can add extra sauce to your pie as well as selecting to have it well done. but the best pizza i ever has was at a grocery store in oregon called winco. man they had the best pepperoni pizza ever and they sold shasta to boot ( if you grew up in the 80s shasta is etched in your soul).

another good pizza store was papa murphys take and bake. the price was almost under half what youd pay at a delivery place the only thing is you go in to pick it up and you cook it at home. you could leave that place with 2 large or extra large pizzes loaded supreme style for 12 to 15 bucks.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Little Caesers is horrible. The only reason to ever get pizza from there is that it's fast and cheap.[/quote]

when they first came out theey were amazing stuff. very generous with the cheese but yeah now they suck. they had good spaghetti too but nothing beats mr gattis dessert pizzas. that apple crumble pizza is the shit.

Argh, do I have to do everything for you people?

1. Go to papajohns.com, create an account or login to see their menu.
2. Enter promotion code "circuitcity".
3. I know it says "Receive One Large One Topping pizza @ a special price when you purchase one of our Large Specialty pizza's @ regular menu price." Ignore that. Just scroll down the "Specialty Pizza" menu until you find "Create Your Own". Select that.
4. Create whatever kind of pizza you want. If you just want plain cheese, go for it.
5. Scroll down and create a second, one-topping pizza.

Tada! Even better than BOGO.

And though we bitch about the evils of FW, they've got a pretty good PapaJohns coupon code thread, though not all coupon codes are good at all stores.

[quote name='billg']Argh, do I have to do everything for you people?

1. Go to papajohns.com, create an account or login to see their menu.
2. Enter promotion code "circuitcity".
3. I know it says "Receive One Large One Topping pizza @ a special price when you purchase one of our Large Specialty pizza's @ regular menu price." Ignore that. Just scroll down the "Specialty Pizza" menu until you find "Create Your Own". Select that.
4. Create whatever kind of pizza you want. If you just want plain cheese, go for it.
5. Scroll down and create a second, one-topping pizza.

Tada! Even better than BOGO.[/quote]

Still, it only lets you select large. That's my gripe..

[quote name='Krymner']Still, it only lets you select large. That's my gripe..[/QUOTE]

If you can't handle a large pizza, you don't need to be buying two of them. If two large pizzas isn't ENOUGH, well, the all-you-can-eat buffet is cheaper.

If anyone lives near a Whole Foods, you gotta get a plain cheese or cheese & pepperoni...their pizza is awesome, but you gotta order a whole one, don't go for the slices that have been sitting out...

Mmm... Papa John's... I haven't ordered pizza from them in a while. Lately I've been eating mostly frozen pizza, which in my opinion tastes better than most delivery pizza.

bread's done
Back