Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (Game Guide) $0.27 BestBuy.com

All the local stores were OOS according to the website, but I did find one copy of X-Men Legends on the rack behind a bunch of other guides. Got it for $0.01.

But, then I get back to work and check this thread and find out that other guides were dropped and I saw most of them there. Bummer.

[quote name='lebowsky']Just went to BB at lunch and picked up the Paper Mario guide. The customer service lady kept staring at the 28 cent total and then back at me, and then the total. I thought for a second she was going to give me some static about it but then she finally handed me my card back and out I went. I can't believe I just charged 28 cents onto my credit card.[/quote]

:rofl: Not only did they lose money on the guide, they lost money on the transaction too... I salute you :notworth:

[quote name='Jiiim2K']When I went in store to pick up my guide they handed me the actual game, unfortunetly I have morals and let them know of the mistake, but I could have had the game for 27 cents.[/quote]

That is so funny! The same exact thing just happened to me. I had her my printout. The girl pulls out a copy of Paper Mario (the actual game), and I have morales too. I told the girl my order was for the guide, and she laughed and called the manager. The manager said to me after they fixed it, "You should have taken the game."

The girl then says, "He only paid .27 for the guide."

Man, I am glad I am not the only one who decided to be honest.

[quote name='rebthor'] :rofl: Not only did they lose money on the guide, they lost money on the transaction too... I salute you :notworth:[/quote]

I've had conflicting thoughts on that: on the one hand, paying w/ credit card leaves them with the transaction fees, but on the other hand it also makes it easier for them to track your purhases.

[quote name='MaskedPlague'][quote name='Jiiim2K']When I went in store to pick up my guide they handed me the actual game, unfortunetly I have morals and let them know of the mistake, but I could have had the game for 27 cents.[/quote]

That is so funny! The same exact thing just happened to me. I had her my printout. The girl pulls out a copy of Paper Mario (the actual game), and I have morales too. I told the girl my order was for the guide, and she laughed and called the manager. The manager said to me after they fixed it, "You should have taken the game."

Man, I am glad I am not the only one who decided to be honest.[/quote]

This is Best Buy, are they honest? Do they screw the customer just about every time? I probably would've taken only the guide, too. But, I would've been very, very tempted to take the game.

[quote name='shajek']

This is Best Buy, are they honest? Do they screw the customer just about every time? I probably would've taken only the guide, too. But, I would've been very, very tempted to take the game.[/quote]

Believe me, I was tempted. BB is part of faceless corporate America.

[quote name='MaskedPlague'][quote name='shajek']

This is Best Buy, are they honest? Do they screw the customer just about every time? I probably would've taken only the guide, too. But, I would've been very, very tempted to take the game.[/quote]

Believe me, I was tempted. BB is part of faceless corporate America.[/quote]

I would have said, "This isn't what I ordered, but I actually would rather have this. May I?"

I repeatedly tried to order online at a store that said it had stock but then didn't have a quantity of even 1 available...finally I got in for 3 and soon after got the NOT AVAILABLE IN STORE email. So as per the email, I called up and had them put me in backorder for free shipping. I think there's a decent shot I will get the guide as they are still accepting backorders for the guide........

just got back from BB. scored two paper mario guides, two mechassualt 2 guides, and two burnout 3 guides. they had tons more, but i couldn't remember what else was on the list. i'll probably go back later this week. thanks again, OP.

[quote name='lebowsky']Just went to BB at lunch and picked up the Paper Mario guide. The customer service lady kept staring at the 28 cent total and then back at me, and then the total. I thought for a second she was going to give me some static about it but then she finally handed me my card back and out I went. I can't believe I just charged 28 cents onto my credit card.[/quote]

I did that when I found three other $0.01 guides the last time. Did $0.04 at the register (after tax), right after I had done $0.07 for the guides I ordered on BB.com at the Customer Service counter.

Got one Paper Mario and a couple each of the others on the list but I forgot X-Men Legends (left copies for others). The clerk said he wanted a Spyro . . . said I left some, but then ran back and grabbed him one to make sure he could get one.

I had them scan Zelda Four Swords and Jak 3 but neither was discounted.

[quote name='MaskedPlague'][quote name='Jiiim2K']When I went in store to pick up my guide they handed me the actual game, unfortunetly I have morals and let them know of the mistake, but I could have had the game for 27 cents.[/quote]

Yeah, they told me they would never have caught it, it was really tough for me to tell them

[quote name='Nogib']Odd that some far more recent games got their guides pennied out yet some like Four Swords still haven't.[/quote]

I was amazed to see Mechassault 2 on the list . . . they had about 10 copies (I bought 3)

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='lebowsky']Just went to BB at lunch and picked up the Paper Mario guide. The customer service lady kept staring at the 28 cent total and then back at me, and then the total. I thought for a second she was going to give me some static about it but then she finally handed me my card back and out I went. I can't believe I just charged 28 cents onto my credit card.[/quote]

I did that when I found three other $0.01 guides the last time. Did $0.04 at the register (after tax), right after I had done $0.07 for the guides I ordered on BB.com at the Customer Service counter.[/quote]

You know the credit card fees BB will be charged for that transaction are probably more than the cost of the guide!!!!

MuwHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I commend both of you, well done. :applause:

(It occurs to me that one could read the previous statement as sarcasm, but it is not intended that way. You both did the right thing).

I just ordered a copy of the Paper Mario guide. I'll just wait and see if I get an email telling me to come and get it.
And if they accidentally give me the game I don't know if I'll have the willpower to tell them that they gave me the wrong thing.

I would have kept the game for 27 cents. I have morals and everything, but who really cares if you're fucking some huge corporation out of a few dollars... :p

If anyone has a Paper Mario TTYD or Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Guide and want to trade for a Kingdom Hearts COM guide hit me up with a PM.

I been trying to get a copy of each but the TRU and BB in my area are sold out.

[quote name='highwaypatrolman']just got back from BB. scored two paper mario guides, two mechassualt 2 guides, and two burnout 3 guides. they had tons more, but i couldn't remember what else was on the list. i'll probably go back later this week. thanks again, OP.[/quote]

is this YMMV cause the dude i talked to at the local BB said they destory them before putting them on the floor for a penny

DOH!!!!!!!!!! the item is off the webpage so it makes me think that all of the Backorders will be cancelled .. hopefully they wont but now its off the webpage and all of the games i got for 5 that got backordered and pulled from webpage all got Cancelled

[quote name='Drico']I would have kept the game for 27 cents. I have morals and everything, but who really cares if you're shaq-fuing some huge corporation out of a few dollars... :p[/quote]

Devil customer!!! :p :lol:

Well, when I went to pick up my copy of the PM guide from BB they gave me the game. I told them that I was supposed to get the guide, but I would take the game, but they gave me the guide. I figured that I shouldn’t steal a $50 game from a store that I want to get a job in this summer.
I also picked up Killzone, Kingdom Hearts, 2 copies of Mechassault (one is for a friend), and 2 copies of NFL Street (one is for a friend). When I paid for the guides the lady couldn't believe that they were a penny and almost called someone before I told her they were on clearance and BB was trying to get rid of them, so she just let me have them for six cents.

[quote name='Jiiim2K'][quote name='MaskedPlague'][quote name='Jiiim2K']When I went in store to pick up my guide they handed me the actual game, unfortunetly I have morals and let them know of the mistake, but I could have had the game for 27 cents.[/quote]

Yeah, they told me they would never have caught it, it was really tough for me to tell them[/quote]

And I thought I was special. This looks really horrible for the calibur of people that BB has going out to pull the in store pickups. I never would have guessed that this would have happened to at least 3 CAGs.

[quote name='flybrione']If anyone has a Paper Mario TTYD or Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Guide and want to trade for a Kingdom Hearts COM guide hit me up with a PM.

I been trying to get a copy of each but the TRU and BB in my area are sold out.[/quote]

Sent PM

I'm an IDIOT!

I found 4 of these strategy guides (including Paper Mario) at BB but I asked the store associate upstairs in the video game section to double check the price on the system for me. He look puzzled when they showed up as $0.01. So the BB guy asked a couple of his more senior co-workers. They refused to let me have the strategy guides and snatched them from me saying, "these are supposed to be sent back to the manufacturer." They called the manager and wouldn't let me have them back.

Should I have made stink about them not letting me buy the guides? I figured it wasn't worth it for pieces of paper. I should have just walked to the cash register and I probably could have walked out of the store with it.

I ended up going to another BB and had no problem. The cashier actually called the manager over the phone but he cleared the transaction. This store had at least 10 of everything so I picked 2 copies each of all 7 of the guides one of the posters listed EXCEPT for Paper Mario, which is the one I wanted most. I'm kicking myself for not being able to get Paper Mario at the first BB I visited.

Anybody else have the same problem?

I need the Paper Mario and Kingdom Heart guides, I have Def Jam and NCAA 2005 guides for trade, i might be willing to buy too if anyone can help.

[quote name='kdunn77'][quote name='Jiiim2K'][quote name='MaskedPlague'][quote name='Jiiim2K']When I went in store to pick up my guide they handed me the actual game, unfortunetly I have morals and let them know of the mistake, but I could have had the game for 27 cents.[/quote]

Yeah, they told me they would never have caught it, it was really tough for me to tell them[/quote]

And I thought I was special. This looks really horrible for the calibur of people that BB has going out to pull the in store pickups. I never would have guessed that this would have happened to at least 3 CAGs.[/quote]

It happened to me too. But I didn't say jack and just walked out the store with game in-hard (1-45 location). I guess I am a devil customer now. She didn't even ask about the price. Just asked for ID and credit card and I was gone. I also checked another BB for guides and picked up Spyro and MechAssult. If anyone wants those guides and live in Houston, the Deerbook location had about 15 copies of Spyro and 10 copies of Mech when I left. The 1-45 store (Greenpoint) has MechAssult and KH:COM. Neither had X-men legends though. FYI, Deerbrook had the guides clearly marked as 1 cent so you shouldn't have problem there.

On other guide news. The 1-45 Toyrus (on the other side of the freeway) has a lot of Zelda:WW guides for 90% off. I picked one and POP.

ordered one for in-store pick-up and went to a different best buy today (because it was near where i was going, not because im stupid and went to the wrong one)....this best buy didn't have any paper mario guides listed available for in-store pick-up online, but they had one sitting out....so dont trust the in-store pick-up bullshit on the website....it doesnt mean that a particular store won't have it in stock...

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']ordered one for in-store pick-up and went to a different best buy today (because it was near where i was going, not because im stupid and went to the wrong one)....this best buy didn't have any paper mario guides listed available for in-store pick-up online, but they had one sitting out....so dont trust the in-store pick-up bullshit on the website....it doesnt mean that a particular store won't have it in stock...[/quote]

In-store pick-up has nothing to do with store instock supplies.

Is there anyway to check for in-store availiblity even though the online deal is dead? I'd hate to gas it out there only to find nothing...

[quote name='discopenguin816']When I went to my store for "in-store pickup" they didn't have it so they said join the end of the backorder queue and pray that one day we don't cancel your order - Free. :)[/quote]
Fixed that for ya!

Need
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3
X-Men Legends

Got
Killzone
Spyro: A Hero's Tail
Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf
NFL Street 2

[quote name='laserdogg'][quote name='flybrione']If anyone has a Paper Mario TTYD or Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga Guide and want to trade for a Kingdom Hearts COM guide hit me up with a PM.

I been trying to get a copy of each but the TRU and BB in my area are sold out.[/quote]

Sent PM[/quote]

PM reply sent

I was able to get all the guides I needed, my Best Buy actually had tons of each of them this time. When I got there, I went to pick up my order(I ordered online), and the guy went through a stack of about 10 Paper Mario guides that people had ordered online. Anyway, he couldn't find my order, and he wouldn't give me someone elses, so I was mad but I went over to the shelf and there were quite a few sitting there. Anyway, I picked up an extra Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts if anyone needs it. I'm only really looking for Sonic Heroes and the PS2 Kingdom Hearts. For some reason Sonic Heroes is back up to $14.99, this Best Buy had tons of them at this price, but a few months ago people were getting them for a penny.

[quote name='tubtub']I was able to get all the guides I needed, my Best Buy actually had tons of each of them this time. When I got there, I went to pick up my order(I ordered online), and the guy went through a stack of about 10 Paper Mario guides that people had ordered online. Anyway, he couldn't find my order, and he wouldn't give me someone elses, so I was mad but I went over to the shelf and there were quite a few sitting there. Anyway, I picked up an extra Paper Mario and Kingdom Hearts if anyone needs it. I'm only really looking for Sonic Heroes and the PS2 Kingdom Hearts. For some reason Sonic Heroes is back up to $14.99, this Best Buy had tons of them at this price, but a few months ago people were getting them for a penny.[/quote]

sonic heroes is never penny out at BB

sonic heroes is never penny out at BB

From the penny guide thread:
Best Buy 7-1-04 to 9-2-04?

(note: as of mid august these were still ringing up full price. Upon further discussion in this thread it appears that they will ring up heavily discounted {costing $.01-$1.00} if you could some how get an employee to use his/her discount other wise its presumed that Best buy was devoid of one cent guides for a short period.)

007- Everything or Nothing - Prima – now one cent ?
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles- Nintendo
Hitman: Contracts – now one cent ?
Metroid: Zero Mission - Nintendo
Sonic Heroes - Prima
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tommorow – Prima {X-Box version}

Someone I was trading with was able to get one back during the summer, a few weeks later I had wanted one and he tried getting it, but they started ringing up full price again.

I could use a paper mario, burnout 3, or kingdom hearts guide, willing to pay..

bread's done
Back