PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out!

[quote name='chimpian']I enjoyed it.
if you can get past the its a movie and get into the story the constantly buildign suspense was great.
watching the daytime stuff both dreading and excited to see what would happen next was great.

Micah was crap and the couple arguements i felt needed better writing.[/QUOTE]

What do you expect from 2 unknown actors and $11,000?

If you enjoyed BWP, you'll like this. It's more of the sense of dread that Katie builds over time that is the story.

There are some parts that are seriously fucked up, but most of it is thematic and not jump out at you scary.

Probably going to go see this, but it seems the majority of opinions are along the lines of Windows and Mac.

*Windows crashes - "stupid Microsoft piece of shit."
*Mac crashes - "it's a computer, they sometimes lock up, it happens. Still better than Windows. Hey look! I got a Mac!"

*Horror movie fan - "you already know what's going to happen most of the movie, it's about as good as Blair Witch. If it's any better, it's not by much"
*Student film fan - "It's awesome, it's a student film. Better than Michael Bay's movies. You already know what's going to happen, but it's a great film. It's a student film"

[quote name='Malik112099']I actually enjoyed BWP a lot but this movie was bleh. I think the thing I liked so much about BWP was that the people were actually scared, confused, etc. They had no idea what was going on and only had notes to go by. BWP was also much more believable since nothing "paranormal" happened (that i can remember).

BWP is more comparable to this than Saw though.

i have no clue which ending actually does it justice, but I would like to see the 3rd ending where she
cuts her wrists or something like that
[/QUOTE]

Actually, funny that you mention that.
There is a third ending where she slits her throat in front of the camera. It is the hardest to find though.

That being said, I really liked the movie (saw the original cut). The parts that creeped me out the most were
The online exorcist video
and
When she is just dragged out of bed

And THAT being said, I wrote a review blog of it.

I liked it. Never got scared except when she got dragged out of bed and when Micah got flung at the camera. I just enjoyed the suspense and anticipation of what would happen next.

both actors were on the Totally Rad Show this week. Katie & Micah talked a bit about making film and what was expected from Oren and what was improv.

In case you are a die hard fan of this movie or just somewhat interested in how much freedom the actors had in the film check out TRS this week.

I thought the movie was ok up until the ouija board scene. Micah seemed way too calm to me after he watched the footage of the ouija board burst into flames all of a sudden. The movie was also WAY too slow. I was almost falling asleep during it. The part where she was dragged at the end made everyone in my theater burst into laughter. The ending (where she throws his body at the camera) was the only part that made me jump a little.

I thought it was good compared to a lot of movies, but it was very slow and wasn't scary at all.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']I don't remember that part....[/QUOTE]

that may have been in the original version of the movie which can be found if you know where to look. the original movie also had a diff ending which many of you have mentioned.

I want to see the original ending. Wasn't a fan of the theatrical one.

Saw this Tuesday night, and I thought it was freaky as shit, personally. Can't wait for the blu-ray...

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I want to see the original ending. Wasn't a fan of the theatrical one.

Saw this Tuesday night, and I thought it was freaky as shit, personally. Can't wait for the blu-ray...[/QUOTE]

check youtube its on there.

bread's done
Back