PARANORMAL ACTIVITY - Get the word out!

moviewizguy

CAGiversary!
UPDATED: Apparently, the movie made enough $$$ last weekend (under $800,000 in just 12 theaters, to be exact) for Paramount to expend the movie to 20 (TWENTY) CITIES!
postersf500.jpg
You can see the list on the link directly below. However, if you still do not see your city listed below, you can still DEMAND it to your city from the links below! Keep up the great work people!

http://www.paranormalmovie.com/director.html

20 Cities:

Atlanta
Chicago
Dallas
DC/Baltimore
Denver
Detroit
Houston
L.A
Las Vegas
Miami
Minneapolis
New York
Philadelphia
Phoenix
Sacramento
San Antonio
San Diego
San Francisco
San Jose
Tampa

I NEED people to help get this movie some attention! It's called PARANORMAL ACTIVITY and, right now, people are calling it one of THE SCARIEST MOVIES EVER MADE!

It's only in limited release so PLEASE spread the word! Here's what you gotta do. Go to the official website: http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/ On the bottom, it has the word DEMAND. Click on that and select the city closest to your area. If there isn't one close to your area, click here: http://eventful.com/performers/paranormal-activity-/P0-001-000212499-6/competitions Everything else is self-explanatory.

If you have Twitter, follow @tweetyourscream and become a fan on facebook NOW! http://www.facebook.com/paranormalactivity You can see the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_UxLEqd074

SPREAD THE WORD. The more demands, the more likely the film will get a widespread release!

Last edited by a moderator:
tbh the original trailer made the film look like a complete joke. well just not good. So I was pretty shocked to see such positive reviews. dreadcentral gave it a 4.5/5, bloodydisgusting 4/5 Which is why im still slightly interested in Paranomral Activity. Just hope its not a let down.

[quote name='naiku']tbh the original trailer made the film look like a complete joke. well just not good. So I was pretty shocked to see such positive reviews. dreadcentral gave it a 4.5/5, bloodydisgusting 4/5 Which is why im still slightly interested in Paranomral Activity. Just hope its not a let down.[/QUOTE]

As most things do disappoint. that said, I asked for it in detroit (number 34 currently) and I love a good scary movie, to bad they don't happen anymore!

[quote name='lokizz']interesting. so is it real or are they going the blair witch route but in a kind of online reality show way ?[/QUOTE]

I think it's more like Cloverfield. Just a fictional movie with "documentary style" filming. There's no backstory or prerelease viral stuff that I'm aware of, not like Blair Witch with all the viral websites.

I'm seeing decent reviews, but finding them hard to believe. That trailer was fucking lame, and even the cheap loud noise/fast movement jump scares, the easiest thing to pull off in horror movies, didn't work for me at all, much less any attempts at genuine tension.

Looks like another low-brow horror flick with a cheap gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wondered what happened to this. I saw this trailer ages ago. Where has it been all this time?

Still, can't say I'm too interested. I thought it looked kinda lame, actually...

As someone who does a little paranormal investigation (usually UFOs and creatures), it might be good, but I'm not a fan of the "fake reality" horror movies.

It looks interesting, though.

Well, that trailer wasn't scary in the least. However, I am a sucker for this subject matter, so I will definitely watch it whenever I get the chance.

I thought that trailer was terrible, but then I thought to myself "it is pretty difficult to make a good trailer for a scary movie..."

I don't know if it was scary but I'm glad its something different. Seriously I'm sick of all the remakes. The fact that the movie makers tried to make something different is worthy is good enough to pique my interest.

People in the audience get scared too easily. Its just frustrating and funny at the same time watching their reactions. I mean come on. lol. I would see the movie though.

It's amazing how big everyone's dick is in this thread. "Heh...I'm not scared!" While the movie appears to be trying to capitalize on the popularity of shows like Ghost Hunters, it's still a pretty cool idea. Aside from the cheap scares (loud screeching noise that nothing anywhere around could possibly make), it's hard to tell if the movie will actually be scary to the people sitting in the audience.

However, if anybody thought about it from the perspective of "If it were me in that house...and those things actually happened to me" you should acknowledge that it would be scary as hell. That's why I think Open Water is one of the scariest movies of all time. Granted, that's a far more realistic example. But if something like that actually happened to you, it would be fucking terrifying.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's amazing how big everyone's dick is in this thread. "Heh...I'm not scared!" While the movie appears to be trying to capitalize on the popularity of shows like Ghost Hunters, it's still a pretty cool idea. Aside from the cheap scares (loud screeching noise that nothing anywhere around could possibly make), it's hard to tell if the movie will actually be scary to the people sitting in the audience.

However, if anybody thought about it from the perspective of "If it were me in that house...and those things actually happened to me" you should acknowledge that it would be scary as hell. That's why I think Open Water is one of the scariest movies of all time. Granted, that's a far more realistic example. But if something like that actually happened to you, it would be fucking terrifying.[/QUOTE]

That isn't the point. That is like saying "wow, if the things in transformers 2 happened in real life, it would be awesome." That doesn't make Transformers 2 a great movie, now does it?

Open Water was cool, I actually liked Open Water 2 so much better. It was fun watching the movie and pondering how to solve the problem, and having the people in the movie try just about everything you thought of.

[quote name='pinkofloydo']People in the audience get scared too easily. Its just frustrating and funny at the same time watching their reactions. I mean come on. lol. I would see the movie though.[/QUOTE]

It's actually completely justified - they were really watching the latest Sandra Bullock flick.

I would recommend NOT watching the trailer and just watching the movie. (i know thats difficult with the trailer posted on here...) but thats what I did and I thoroughly enjoyed this movie.

I watched it in Seattle and after the movie when you go home is when you'll you'll really feel the horror of this movie. Yes there are those loud jumpy scary movements in the movie, but once you're at home with the lights out, you'll not want to walk down your hallway, or even be sleeping in your own bed.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']I'm catching it Friday night 12:01am showing in NYC. I hope it's as awesome as REC was.[/QUOTE]

REC is one of my favorite horror films of all time. It perfected the handycam experience where Cloverfield, Diary of the dead...and others fell short. Paranormal Activity does a good job with it but majority of the film and suspenseful parts are limited to the camera on a tripod.
Paranormal Activity is very enjoyable but dont expect the blood and infected running at you. suspense, sound, and comedic dialog make the movie $$$

[quote name='naiku']REC is one of my favorite horror films of all time. It perfected the handycam experience where Cloverfield, Diary of the dead...and others fell short. Paranormal Activity does a good job with it but majority of the film and suspenseful parts are limited to the camera on a tripod.
Paranormal Activity is very enjoyable but dont expect the blood and infected running at you. suspense, sound, and comedic dialog make the movie $$$[/QUOTE]

REC 2 is supposedly a fantastic sequel. The word going around it is the Aliens to the original Alien.

[quote name='naiku']REC is one of my favorite horror films of all time. It perfected the handycam experience where Cloverfield, Diary of the dead...and others fell short. Paranormal Activity does a good job with it but majority of the film and suspenseful parts are limited to the camera on a tripod.
Paranormal Activity is very enjoyable but dont expect the blood and infected running at you. suspense, sound, and comedic dialog make the movie $$$[/QUOTE]

I hated Diary of the Dead myself.. I need to see REC badly. Keep putting it off... Cloverfield was a fun movie though.

[quote name='georox']I hated Diary of the Dead myself.. I need to see REC badly. Keep putting it off... Cloverfield was a fun movie though.[/QUOTE]

Rec is very little like Cloverfield. The vibe is completely different. Cloverfield was nothing more than a Godzilla movie. REC feels real.

Rec is a great movie, its in the documentary style though like cloverfield, but nothing like that other than that, a lot of good scares.

Unfortunately, great movie, but I am always unsatisfied at the end, leaves me craving for more, decent trailer, will check this movie out.

I saw the movie on Friday. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it. I agree with the other commentator that said not to watch the trailer before watching the movie.

I hope it does. I keep reading about how good it is doing but no St. Louis area showings.

[quote name='Josef']Any chance this will open nationally around Halloween?[/QUOTE]

Fat chance, the past few years when Halloween rolls around, every screen gets hoarded by increasingly shitty Saw movies that have to kill off whoever wants out of their contract and have some sloppy plot to introduce a new Jigsaw apprentice so they can keeping milking that cow until dust comes out the udders.

Everything I saw in that trailer was not scary and very easily explainable. If they admit beforehand that is fake, than I'm ok with it, but if they try to tell me its completely real, i'll never see it and they'll never get my money!

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Fat chance, the past few years when Halloween rolls around, every screen gets hoarded by increasingly shitty Saw movies that have to kill off whoever wants out of their contract and have some sloppy plot to introduce a new Jigsaw apprentice so they can keeping milking that cow until dust comes out the udders.[/QUOTE]

True so true. I don't even think the guys that made the first one expected it to get like this. Hell the second one was not even wrote by any of them. Some guy sent a script in for a different movie and Twisted Pictures and LGF didn't think it was good enough for its own film I guess. On the DVD for the second movie they said that when they got it they could not come up with the script for 2 and the guys that did the first one were out promoting it. That came on their doorstep and they read it and changed it to fit the saw movies and had their saw 2.

I liked the first one and the 2 after that were not to bad but now they are just milking it. I wonder how long this will go till they stop. My guess is around saw 10 and then it will end like horror movies usually do and leave it open for another one then we wont get one for a nother 2 or 3 years. Then all the damn remakes.

Anyway back on topic. Some theaters here are going to be showing old horror movies around Halloween. Maybe they will show this but I doubt it.

So this was the #20 top grossing movie last week even though it was only on 33 screens? If that doesn't scream wide release around Halloween I don't know what would. The demand appears to be there and they can easily make their money back on the movie (if they haven't already).

bread's done
Back