Patapon $20 In stores NOW!

Whoa, awesome. Gotta preorder this. Then I can also decide if I like it or not... but it looks awesome.

Do Gamestops have this now? Sounds like it.

[quote name='Rocko']Whoa, awesome. Gotta preorder this. Then I can also decide if I like it or not... but it looks awesome.

Do Gamestops have this now? Sounds like it.[/QUOTE]
My store doesn't have them yet T.T

All I've done is watch a couple youtube videos and now I can't get the music out of my head. This is very nearly my most anticipated game of the moment.

I'm tempted to go to the Gamestop down the road for some used games with that 25% off coupon, so I'll ask them. At the very least I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they even know the demo exists.

I'm going to be calling up my Gamestop every day in a week asking for that demo. I'm the only person in my town to reserve the game (so they told me when I picked up No More Heroes on Wednesday) so if they only get one demo it sure as hell better be mine, especially since Gamestop only gets these small games when they have preorders.

[quote name='josh_animebum']I'm going to be calling up my Gamestop every day in a week asking for that demo. I'm the only person in my town to reserve the game (so they told me when I picked up No More Heroes on Wednesday) so if they only get one demo it sure as hell better be mine, especially since Gamestop only gets these small games when they have preorders.[/quote]

Since one would assume the demo is being given out to promote the game, I doubt the number of demos they receive will be equal to the number of preorders they have already received. Why give a demo to people who are already going to buy the game?

called 2 GS's today and no demo yet. although the dude said he'd give me a call if the demo becomes available after pre-ordering. i had this happened before where they didnt really call. cant wait for that demo.

Has GS ever sent out demos for their online pre-orders? It sounds great to get this secret weapon thing, but the exclusive hype is going to ensure that the demos won't actually get into the hands of all the people who are preordering at the store.

There's no guarantee that you'll receive a demo anyway, but it would suck to let them hold money and then shortchange you with an "oops, we didn't have that many copies".

Stopped at Gamestop today and they had aboslutely no idea what I was talking about. I figure I'll wait until Rei gets some demos at his store, then give them a call. They have to get them sometime.

Damn, I was going to buy this at the local independent game shop, but that demo with the exclusive weapon is pulling me into Gamestop.

[quote name='Rocko']Stopped at Gamestop today and they had aboslutely no idea what I was talking about. I figure I'll wait until Rei gets some demos at his store, then give them a call. They have to get them sometime.[/QUOTE]
I'll let you guys know when we get them in.

If you ask, they're not going to know anything about it. We don't get emails or anything about this stuff. So unless they've been watching the game in their personal time, they're not going to have any clue about a demo.

is the MSRP for this game really $19.99? I was looking a pre-order book at my local gamestop and it said the price was $29.99.

[quote name='SL4IN']is the MSRP for this game really $19.99? I was looking a pre-order book at my local gamestop and it said the price was $29.99.[/QUOTE]
Then they're lying. I have it preordered and paid in full. It's only $20.

EDIT: Oh it said that in their book? Probably haven't updated it yet then.

[quote name='SL4IN']is the MSRP for this game really $19.99? I was looking a pre-order book at my local gamestop and it said the price was $29.99.[/quote]

Yes the price is really $19.99, a post on the Playstation blog confirms this. The link is somewhere earlier in the thread. (the lower price was suspected a few weeks earlier when Gamestop.com changed the price to 19.99). I'm not sure how often those preorder books come out, but it seems like the one your store has is out-of-date.

i want the demo just for kicks (collector's item of sorts, in a way). hopefully when i do some rounds for the 25% off used psp sale they may have an idea at my local gs's.

Any update on when demo will be in stores? I want to preorder this as well but when I called my local GS on Friday they didn't have any clue on the demo disks..

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Don't worry, I'm sure that you'll be able to download the save with the weapon off of the internet.[/quote]\

But we also still want to try out the game.

I finally pre-ordered this and FFVII Crisis Core. I was the second person to pre-order Patapon, with the first being the Gamestop employee.

I need to head to Gamestop to preorder Brawl this week, so I might preorder then. I need the fucking demo, though.

I stopped in to my Gamestop on Thursday and the guy who I preordered the game from a couple weeks ago guessed immediately what I was stopping in for.

Usually I don't expect Gamestops to actually call me about these things, but the two guys there (one being the only other person to preorder the game at that store) convinced me that they would call as soon as it comes in. IF it doesn't, there will be hell to pay. ;)

yeah, i tried again yesterday at a local gs to preorder, but the employee was clueless... i want the demo so i can get my patap-on!

No demos yet. Don't worry, I'll post in this thread the day we get them in.

The only free stuff that came in recently are the DMC4 artbooks and Culdcept mini-strategy guides.

Hrm. If I preorder it now, do you think they'll give me the demo when it comes in?

I need to preorder Brawl anyway, so I'll ask when I go.

[quote name='Rocko']Hrm. If I preorder it now, do you think they'll give me the demo when it comes in?

I need to preorder Brawl anyway, so I'll ask when I go.[/QUOTE]

They SHOULD put enough away for the pre-orders they have already, but WILL they do that? That's another story.

According to posts over at Gamefaqs these are definitely starting to show up in multiple stores. Hopefully that means they will come in to my Gamestop tomorrow so I can play the demo instead of grading a huge stack of exams tomorrow night.;)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']If you've got a PS3 and a Japanese PSN account, there's a Patapon demo waiting for you on the Japanese PS Store.[/quote]
I don't suppose the Japanese demo has an English language option? :D

[quote name='Sinistar']I don't suppose the Japanese demo has an English language option? :D[/quote]
No, at least not that I can tell right now, but the little bit I've played (the first level), the important stuff isn't hard to figure out. It'll tell you the combos you need to know and as you see what they do, you'll get what you're supposed to do.

bread's done
Back