Path of Exile

So, does Iron Reflexes not work properly? I'm a level 59 Duelist and I spec'd into it, giving me 11,000+ armor (72% damage reduction), yet everything rapes me SO hard. I have to run from everything. I know armor is better for mobs and evasion is better for bosses, but any combination just obliterates me. I'd think with 11,000 armor I'd be able to take some hits and not have to run like a bitch from every little thing.

It's really making me start to believe that spec'ing into Iron Reflexes calculates the correct amount of armor you should have, but doesn't actually apply it.

EDIT

Even more evidence that I dont think it works correctly, my level 75 Templar has 2700 armor (22% damage reduction) and I'm not even remotely a squishy.

You know, I've been wondering if something is up like that for awhile. My buddy and I play and I've got more armor than him, almost as much HP, and my resistances are pretty hight. He tanks everything and I get 1-shotted by stuff. I know a lot of it is my crappy gear, but I still shouldnt be that bad.

I think I'm gonna get go full armor (I was working towards that anyhow) and try taking my point out of Iron Reflexes.

[quote name='Waughoo']You know, I've been wondering if something is up like that for awhile. My buddy and I play and I've got more armor than him, almost as much HP, and my resistances are pretty hight. He tanks everything and I get 1-shotted by stuff. I know a lot of it is my crappy gear, but I still shouldnt be that bad.

I think I'm gonna get go full armor (I was working towards that anyhow) and try taking my point out of Iron Reflexes.[/QUOTE]

I re-rolled because I didn't feel like doing a massive respec. I'm doing a melee Duelist just using Armor on my gear. It's definitely noticeable how much tankier I am doing that, despite having like 30% less damage reduction. I think I'll email them about it.

Eh, I just took the point out of Iron Reflexes and put it in a strength node. We'll see if that works any better. Right now I'm still just farming the cemetery for XP and orbs. I'm trying to work over to that extra Frenzy charge on the bottom of the grid.

Level 75 in Hardcore and I just died doing a level 72 map. Got one-shot by the Fidelitas boss.

ARGHHHHH

[quote name='SEH']Does anyone here play softcore?[/QUOTE]

All I've played so far...

[quote name='SEH']...

Level 75 in Hardcore and I just died doing a level 72 map. Got one-shot by the Fidelitas boss.

ARGHHHHH[/QUOTE]

pretty much for this reason. HC just seems like lost progress. I remember the rush I used to get from HC Diablo II, so it's appealing, but I kind of want to get a good grasp on everything before I go that route.

It definitely involves a lot of trial and error initially. Once you learn the way the main bosses work it becomes much easier. I just enjoy (as you mentioned) the rush of playing a game where you die, that's it, you're done. Everything just winds up feeling much more rewarding.

It was my fault entirely for trying to solo a map that close to my level though. I could do the level 68-70 maps no problem, so I wanted to give it a shot with the higher level maps.

Yeah, I dont play hardcore just because if I died to a desync or something, I'd probably be done with the game.

I've been playing this game a lot. Love it. Just died in hardcore over the weekend, so I'm starting a new char. Dual spork totem witch. Hope it goes well.

After some re-arranging on my passives, I'm doing much better. We beat Piety the other night, but I was having a lot of trouble even with resistances almost maxed. I dumped a few passives I didnt really need and put it all into more life nodes, and now I'm doing much better. I'm solo farming the Docks pretty easily, I only worry when a rare or two rush me with like 10+ blues in tow.

Holy crap I hate trying to barter with people. Some guy had his whole set of ranger gear for sale, no prices or anything. What he said he'd do is that whenever someone posted an offer (this is on the forum), he'd start the auction. So he had a Lioneyes Bow that I know I cant afford, but he has another bow that isnt as good, but better than what I have. So I offer 2 Regals as a starting bid to get the ball rolling. He posts my offer under "current offers" but never actually starts an auction. Then a day or two later he posts "auction will start at 3 Exalted ", but leaves my current offer up.

If you know how much you want for an item, why the hell wouldnt you put that up as the minimum bid? And why not just say "sorry, I want more than 2 Regals"?

Thats the biggest problem in this game for me. Theres no way of knowing how much something is worth, but everyone thinks you should pay them like 10 Exalted for everything.

Dude, the trade chat is the worst. It's funny because my friends and I all say the exact same thing to each other. Have any of these motherfuckers been to a flea market, swap meet, or even a damn garage sale? They have zero clue how bartering works. You make an offer (a very reasonable one mind you), they don't like it so they A.) don't respond or B.) respond letting you know they blocked you. It's so goddamn annoying.

Like you said, it's as if they value every piece of shitty gear they have at double digit Exalts. However, if you try selling shit they just want to lowball the piss out of you.

That said, here is my store thread on the forums.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/309869

I'm a reasonable man, I know that the stuff I have isn't worth multiple Exalts. If anything in there interests you, let me know and we can work out a deal.

I looked through abit. Didnt see anything that caught my eye, but I gave you a bump.

I keep saying I'm going to set up a shop, but never do. I have about 1 1/2 pages of gems I need to get rid of, with some actually being quality. I also have a bit of decent gear otherwise that when I try to sell in trade chat everyone ignores me. I really just need to break down and buy more pages, but my money is going towards a new video card.

Well, I'm up to level 73. I've really hit a wall, as I need much better gear for maps but I need to do the maps for better gear. I can still just farm docks over and over, which is what I'm doing, but it's slow going. I'm still getting like 5% EXP per run, and a decent amount of currency. Unfortunately it's all low tier currency. It's just annoying because I'm a way higher level than the docks but I have to take it a little slow, as one desync will cost me like 3 runs worth of exp.

I really ticked myself off the other night. I've been complaining for a couple weeks that I havent had any unique drops. I finally got a Unique chest piece to drop (Ambu's Charge), took a pic to send my buddy, then accidentally vendored it. Luckily it wasnt worth much. The game made up for it later though and dropped a pair of Wanderlust Shoes, which arent great but are worth a little more than Ambu's.

Looks like I'm the only one still playing this :(

They increased the drop rate on Uniques. You get common ones more often, but I think the uncommon ones are harder to find now. But it's a really noticeable increase on commons. I've had one drop the last 3 nights. Last night a Death's Harp dropped. Before that I found a Convenant Spidersilk Robe. And in the last week and a half I've found 2 pairs of Wanderlust Wool Shoes.

I'm to the point where I had to just vendor a bunch of my gems. The market is flooded with them, and no one is buying.

My friends and I have stopped for the most part. At the peak there was like seven of us. People slowly started to stop playing because dying to de-sync in HC at level 70+ once sucks, but it happening multiple times just isn't cool. It was down to myself and two friends and at that point we just said fuck it, and have gone back to LOL and other stuff.

I'm still on, but it's slow going. I've got like 5 characters going and not a single one over level 20.

Was trying a fire witch, but Merveil just trounced my ass.

I've got a level 75 Ranger, a 68 Ranger, a 24 Witch, and a 7 Templar. I also had a Marauder I made just to get a early quest reward, but deleted him later.

I've found that each time you beat Merveil, she gets easier the next time. My buddy probably has like 7 or 8 characters and he's been able to tank all her hits with his last couple characters. Try getting as much Cold resist as you can, and use town portals for refilling your health pots mid fight. If you're really stuck I can come help you sometime.

Everyone I was playing with started playing new stuff.  It was really annoying because everyone was to the point where we could start doing maps and then they all quit.  I was still playing for awhile, but I'm stuck in that situation where farming docks isnt profitable enough but decent maps are too hard still.

I'm going to play more though, I just got my new video card and am playing the new games that came with it.  

I haven't touched this in probably two months and I doubt this patch brings me back. As long as there are the massive de-syncing issues, HC will always be a complete joke.

At least they added a $12,500 supporter bundle...

:roll:

Nah, I'll play, but not HC.  It'll make me want to throw something the first time a desync hits me.  

Ima bring this thread back from the grave!

With the full respec everyone got awhile ago, I was able to build a much better LA Ranger than I had.  It still struggles a bit with Piety or Kohl though.  So I played with that character till I got bored.  Then I remembered I had another Ranger that was like lvl 58 or so I had abandoned cause I screwed up the build too much.  The full respec let me do a spectral throw build that is kicking ass so far.  I followed Kripparian's build for the most part, with small changes whenever I felt I needed them.  It's a lot of fun running around throwing swords at everything.  

If anyone had any stale characters they stopped playing before the respec then they should look into trying something new.

Came back to PoE with a vengeance! Finally beat the game on normal difficulty haha with a new character.

They did a good amount of updates with the enemies; it was fun going through the spots I had beat previously, and seeing all of the improvements.

bread's done
Back