Paypal $100 Off when you use Bill Me Later YMMV

azngtlman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I received an email yesterday with this promotion:

pixel.gif
"As one of our most valued customers, you’ve got a brand new choice from PayPal that lets you shop now, and pay for your purchases later. It's called Bill Me Later®.
pixel.gif
It couldn’t be easier. First – select PayPal as your payment method. Second – sign in to your PayPal account. Third – choose Bill Me Later.*
pixel.gif
Start your holiday shopping now at eBay or any participating PayPal store. Shop by 11/30/09 and get an exclusive offer – up to $100 off your first purchase and no payments for 90 days.
pixel.gif
You're pre-approved to use Bill Me Later and take advantage of this exciting offer. This offer is exclusively for you and not transferable."

I then went and ordered an XBOX 360 Arcade at BestBuy, which also has Bing cashback and ship to store. There is tax however, in CA almost 20 bucks. But this is good for people who missed out on the Amazon and Walmart deals. I just ordered this morning and supposedly we'll get the credit back within 1-2 billing cycles. Will update once I get the credit back. Basically I will pay $220, get $10 cash back and $100 credit within 30-60 days and not have to pay for another 90 days.

I'm hesitant to use PP after the stories I heard. On Ebay there isn't much choice for cheaper items but I certainly wouldn't trust this kind of deal, there has to be a catch. As a side note I certainly wouldn't have spent it on a 360 either. Ha.

Im going to do this, When i have the money, how do i pay it, because in this instance i dont have the money in my account (paypal is holding it until positive feedback, so i will pay when i recieve feedback) and does this take money out of my credit card and hold it?

Basically, I plan on using my moms credit card in my paypal account because she didnt qualify for $100 off and I wanted to buy the ps3 bundle and get $100 off. I just dont want it to take $320 out of her account until I can get the positive feedback and confirm my payment to bill me later.

I got a letter in the mail today for up to $100 off. I have until 12/30/09. Now to find something to blow this money on...

Wish I could use paypal on dell.com. $100 off an HDTV is exactly what I needed.

Edit: Bought a 32 GB 3rd gen ipod touch (upgrading from my 8 GB 2ng gen ipod touch) from bestbuy.com. $269.99 + tax - 10% BCB - $100 = $161.89. Not bad at all. 8 GB 2nd gen ipod touches are going close to $135 on ebay too. WOOT!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DPsx7']I'm hesitant to use PP after the stories I heard. On Ebay there isn't much choice for cheaper items but I certainly wouldn't trust this kind of deal, there has to be a catch. As a side note I certainly wouldn't have spent it on a 360 either. Ha.[/QUOTE]

$100 is $100... it doesn't matter what you spend it on. $100 off a 360 isn't less than $100 off of something else...

Paypal supposedly the safest way to exchange money online, I haven't had any problems with it for the last 8 or 9 years. Almost everything I buy online will go through Paypal if I have that option.

As a follow up, I checked my Bill Me Later account and the $100 credit showed up sometime in the last week. So it only took roughly 2 weeks for the credit to show up. I only owe $119 off the original $219 that I spent for the 360. As long as I pay it off in 90 days, I won't have to pay any interest. I also got $10 cashback from Best Buy.

So is it indeed $100 off or is it up to $100 off? I emailed BML and they told me it was like 6% off, up to $100. So you would have to buy like $1200 to get $100 off. Anyone get the money back yet?

It says "Up to $100". Nowhere does it say anything about 6%. It even gives the example of "If you spend $25, you will receive a discount of $25".

Good because I was eyeballing something that is easily over $100. Now I can grab it with this. The only thing that has me worried is that I am already a Bill Me Later member.

Just so everyone is clear on this - you won't get the $100 if you don't have an invitation.

I didnt get and I have great credit, use paypal occasionally, and don't have a bill me later account. :roll:

[quote name='horrido']Just so everyone is clear on this - you won't get the $100 if you don't have an invitation.

I didnt get and I have great credit, use paypal occasionally, and don't have a bill me later account. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not entirely true. I qualified for the $100 discount and never received an invitation. I already had a BML account (opened the BML account last year and used it just once for that crazy Amazon toy deal). Anyways, I ordered yesterday before it went on backorder and got a notice today that it has already shipped via FedEx. Thanks OP.

so how did you get the $100 discount going w/o invitation? The credit already applied? Let me know, since I already have a BML acct.

[quote name='aznguyen316']so how did you get the $100 discount going w/o invitation? The credit already applied? Let me know, since I already have a BML acct.[/QUOTE]

Don't think you can. It's for new accounts.

I got my $100 off one of the new 5970 graphics cards without ever having gotten the email. I just checked out at newegg, clicked to pay with paypal, and the option to sign up for bill me later with a $100 credit was there. I don't think you can "do" anything to get it...it's just going to be there or it isn't.

The customer service is great from my limited experience. The credit was supposed to show up after 1-2 billing cycles, but I emailed them and asked where it was like a week after my order and they applied it right away. The impressive part was that I emailed at 2AM, and got a response within an hour.

Just so everyone knows, it seems Paypal/eBay is doing it again. I got a email yesterday (Dec. 10)

"You're pre-approved for Bill Me Later. Get up to $100 off your first purchase and make no payments until April 2010 when you pay with Bill Me Later. Offer expires 12/31/09.

Bill Me Later is the great new payment choice that lets you shop now, and pay for your purchases later.*

Next time you checkout at eBay or any participating PayPal+ store simply..."

So some of you might want to keep checking your inboxes. Just to make sure, this stacks with Bing Cash Back, right?

Yeah I got the same email also... I already used it and I'm hesitant to try it again as it says in the fine print that $100 off your first purchase. I guess I could try it anyway if there's something I really want.

[quote name='azngtlman']Yeah I got the same email also... I already used it and I'm hesitant to try it again as it says in the fine print that $100 off your first purchase. I guess I could try it anyway if there's something I really want.[/QUOTE]

but you have to have gotten the email to get this deal correct?

I did get a new email for this deal... I've tried to get it to show up at the checkout of a few places, but it's different this time. Last time I used it the $100 credit showed up at the checkout. This time it won't do that... I tried Best Buy, Newegg, and Overstock so far... no luck. I guess I could try to purchase it anyway and then try to get it back from Bill Me Later... but not sure if it's worth the risk.

[quote name='ithebigc']Just so everyone knows, it seems Paypal/eBay is doing it again. I got a email yesterday (Dec. 10)

"You're pre-approved for Bill Me Later. Get up to $100 off your first purchase and make no payments until April 2010 when you pay with Bill Me Later. Offer expires 12/31/09.

Bill Me Later is the great new payment choice that lets you shop now, and pay for your purchases later.*

Next time you checkout at eBay or any participating PayPal+ store simply..."

So some of you might want to keep checking your inboxes. Just to make sure, this stacks with Bing Cash Back, right?[/QUOTE]

says UP To 100 bucks how do you know how much you can get ?? cause the small print goes if it says 10 and you buy 5 you get 5...

[quote name='slidecage']says UP To 100 bucks how do you know how much you can get ?? cause the small print goes if it says 10 and you buy 5 you get 5...[/QUOTE]That just means if you buy an item that costs less than $100, you won't get the extra as a credit. I just got an e-mail from Paypal about this offer, but it says it's for eBay. Does anyone know if this $100 off is good for any other Paypal stores, for instance JR.com? Also, is the offer/discount supposed to show up in the checkout process?

I got the email. I clicked to sign up. 1 minute later... DENIED. What the heck. Now it does not show up anymore in my paypal account. Oh well. My credit is good. I don't think they know what they're doing.

Guess this got lost in my post, for just for confirmation, this DOES work with Bing Cashback, right? Someone who's got this $100 and used Bing?

Okay, I think I figured out how to use this on eBay. When you're on the confirm payment screen (using Paypal), look under where it says "Payment method" and click on "More funding options," which will take you to a screen where you should be able to select Bill Me Later.

Note: I tested this on a Buy It Now item (cell phone) that required immediate payment, both with and without Bing Cashback and for the one with BCB, the Bill Me Later option wasn't available.

Does anyone know what "This offer does not apply to multiple purchases." mean? Do they mean only one time use only or not valid from sellers that sold me multiple items at ebay?

I just tried to see if I get the bill me later option through Best Buy and I accidently bought a fucking Wii!! WTF!!??!? The screen said I can confirm my order at the next screen so I hit continue and it put the order through! Also, no option popped up for bill me later....

BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!

On the phone now to cancel the order...probably gonna be on for a while....

I got the $25 one in my email. Took them a week to approve me for some reason, but I am approved now & when I try to pay w/ paypal (looking at a game at buy.com) it shows the pay later as the default option. But when I proceed to the approval screen, it still shows the full amount. Does the $25 come off later, or should it show at the final approval screen?

For anyone that used the offer and bought something on eBay, how long did it take for the $100 credit (or whatever offer you got) to post? The terms and conditions says wait 1 - 2 billing cycles for it to show, but I have no idea how long that is. Right now, I just have a $299 charge sitting in my account with $0 in credit and it's making me nervous.

[quote name='ithebigc']For anyone that used the offer and bought something on eBay, how long did it take for the $100 credit (or whatever offer you got) to post? The terms and conditions says wait 1 - 2 billing cycles for it to show, but I have no idea how long that is. Right now, I just have a $299 charge sitting in my account with $0 in credit and it's making me nervous.[/QUOTE]

Took me 1 billing cycle for it to show up.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Took me 1 billing cycle for it to show up.[/QUOTE]

So yours was like mine too, right, with just your normal charge sitting in your account until 1 billing cycle, where you suddenly got credited?

bread's done
Back