PayPal - $5 off $20 Nintendo purchase

Nice! Opted in to offer, connected PayPal to eshop from my Switch, added $20 to the Switch eshop and only got charged $15.

Easy deal, thanks OP!

just curious... did everyone who got the "may not be eligible" warning already connected their paypal accounts to their nintendo eShop account? As that was my case. Would anyone like to try removing their eShop account from PayPal and retry? Revoke it directly from PayPal's side if you're going to try. I' m just wayyy too busy to try.
hmm mine is not linked, im gonna link it and see if I get the email later or the link will work

Last edited by a moderator:
Just go to the eShop store on a computer or tablet and when you're at checkout it'll give you a Paypal option and you can link it from there.
I just tried it from a computer and tablet and no dice. It won't give the option to link PayPal. Thanks for the idea but from what I read from a Nintendo support search, it looks like it requires a Switch.

I just tried it from a computer and tablet and no dice. It won't give the option to link PayPal. Thanks for the idea but from what I read from a Nintendo support search, it looks like it requires a Switch.
That's odd, I just randomly put a WiiU game in my cart for checkout and I was able to do it from there. Don't even own a Switch.

That's odd, I just randomly put a WiiU game in my cart for checkout and I was able to do it from there. Don't even own a Switch.
Nvm I screwed up, my bad. I need to read the screens a little better. I went to buy something and chose PayPal, signed in and I clicked on agree and continue and then it linked my PayPal and Nintendo accounts. Now I should be able to buy a $20 gift card for $15.
dancing62.gif

So I checked on my computer and tablet and it shows my PayPal account linked to Nintendo but if I go to the eShop on my Wii U and try and buy anything, my only options are still Mastercard and Visa.  :bouncy:

Is there a link where I can buy $20 credit via my laptop? The offer is in my Paypal account, but I can't find where I can actually add the funds, and the only options on my N3DS are Visa and Mastercard...

I was able to buy on my computer via PayPal Super Punch Out - NES but when I go to the eShop on my Wii U it only list MC and Visa as my only options.

fuck YOU Nintendo !  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :twoguns:  :twoguns:

No offer for me. I've never used PayPal on my Switch (or Wii U if you could), so maybe that's a factor.
Possibly. I've never used Paypal for eShop on WiiU/3DS and never got the offer. Must be for former eShop/PayPal users as an incentive to link Paypal to Switch.

This is the response I got from Nintendo support, so it looks like you can use PayPal on the Nintendo Switch, a computer or tablet as they use a Nintendo Account and not an ID.

-----–---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello,

Thanks for writing. I'm sorry to inform you, but PayPal can only be used with a Nintendo Account. This means systems that use Nintendo Network IDs, Wii U and 3DS, do not have access to PayPal as a payment option at checkout. I hope this answers your question.

Have a pleasant day now!

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Reed L."

So tried using my Nintendo coins to get Majora's Mask for $24 to go with this offer and apparently My Nintendo rewards don't stack with Paypal.

Now the question is, what's the link to load $20 so that we can apply the discount using a computer...
The only way I know to add eshop credit using a computer through Nintendo is by going through the process of purchasing a game via eshop credit on their website, which prompts you to add eshop credit before finalizing the purchase.

So, if you can find a game that's $20 more than your eshop balance, go through the process of purchasing it and then don't finalize the purchase. There could be an easier method, but this is what I've done in the past when I need oddball amounts of credit added to my account.

The only way I know to add eshop credit using a computer through Nintendo is by going through the process of purchasing a game via eshop credit on their website, which prompts you to add eshop credit before finalizing the purchase.

So, if you can find a game that's $20 more than your eshop balance, go through the process of purchasing it and then don't finalize the purchase. There could be an easier method, but this is what I've done in the past when I need oddball amounts of credit added to my account.
So if I'm understanding this right, hitting purchase right here on this Theatrhythm transaction page will only add the funds to my account, and not buy the game? https://i.imgur.com/Evdr61z.png

Otherwise I'm not too sure I understand this...

EDIT: Ended up just signing into my nintendo account on a friend's switch (connected to my nintendo network and paypal), adding the funds on there, then going back and buying the zelda season pass on my wii u while also having to add an additional $1.64 from my debit card. Kind of a pain in the ass just to save $5 but this is probably the easiest way if you know someone really close by who owns a switch.

bread's done
Back