Paypal/Ebay Question

NorthX08

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Searched and Looked for a guide or something but didn't find anything....unless im just being retraded atm :whistle2:#

Questions:

- To sell on Ebay do you need to be verified (give bank acc # to paypal)
- How many of you ebay sellers do it?
- I'm new to ebay (never trusted it before) so am now giving it a chance, any good personal tips?

thanks, really appreciate it

1) No you don't have to sign up for paypal at all but it is one of the quickest and preferred MOP's on eBay.
2) Not sure what you're asking.
3) Add pictures to your listing and provide a detailed item description.

[quote name='Master Shake']I think he's asking how many people are verified.[/quote]

I verified my account with paypal awhile back. OP, make sure before you sell anything you have to figure fees will cut into your profit margin. eBay takes a listing fee (varies depending on how many "listing enhancers" you choose, starting auction value, etc...), a final value fee, and paypal also gets into the act taking a percentage of the amount the buyer sends you.

[quote name='NorthX08']kk thx, but im just iffy bout giving my bank acc # so was hoping to sell stuff without giving my acc #[/quote]

You don't have to. I used to sell all the time without paypal. It was just a little bit more of a pain waiting to get a check or money order from the buyer.

well i wanna use paypal but if i use it on Ebay will i Have to give my Bank acc # to use it on ebay? (i have Premier acc on paypal but its not verified yet)

Not sure what your asking, but if you want to use paypal on ebay, you dont need to give your bank account # to either paypal or ebay.

You don't need a bank account. It just makes it easier to transfer funds. Otherwise you'd have to request a check from PayPal (you also have to pay a small fee) every time you want your money.

I pretty much treat eBay as my own personal GameStop for selling games. You get more money and it is very easy.

kk thats what i needed :)

so it'll go like this:

1. i sell 360 game for lets say $40 + shippiing
2. buyer pays with credit card to my paypal
3. Ebay deducts fees, Paypal deducts fees
4. roughly $35 is in my account
5. request check/atm

missing anything?

Dont forget to ship out your product ;)

But besides that, dont forget feedback and all that. Do you really need the money right away? Requesting a check costs $1.50 or $2 each time I believe, if you have multiple things you want to sell, you might want to wait until you save up a little before cashing in.

If the buyer pays with a credit card, you are forced to upgrade to a Premier account. If you don't upgrade, the money will sit in your account but you won't have access it. If they pay with PayPal funding, you are good to go. But you are not allowed to specify that you aren't accepting credit card funded PayPal. If you use PayPal, you have to accept every method of payment. Anyways, you don't have to upgrade just yet. Many buyers pay with funded PayPal so you might be able to sell multiple products before you are forced to upgrade.

Well my most popular seller use a business account and I use preimere.

You don't need a paypal account if you want to but it is cheaper for the buyer.

When posting more then one pictures hotlink form your webspace or even photo bucket account.

Also another question is what you are listing?

The insertion fee is where ebay makes there money if you know your item is going to sell then you have nothing to worry about.

Again you know they charge a final value fee.

To get money in your account there is other websites like this one or deposit money in your bank account and move it to your paypal account.

Also to get verified I suggest using the SSN method since your going to have to put a whole lot of information about yourself with the other method.

You can also use Verisign which I want to do later and cost money but I suggest the SSN method since nowadays they make you input that number everywhere like a joke.

Also never ever use the Money Market option. That is a bad thing to do with any bank. Also read this.

[quote name='Kendro']You don't need a bank account. It just makes it easier to transfer funds. Otherwise you'd have to request a check from PayPal (you also have to pay a small fee) every time you want your money.[/quote]It's been a long time since I've gotten my PayPal debit card, so I've forgotten the details. But that's how I use the money I get on eBay. No transfers or anything.

So if I made $20 (after all the ebay and pp fees have been taken out), I can either hit an ATM or just use the debit card at any store like any other debit card (has a master card or visa logo, so it's accepted at just about everywhere).

[quote name='NorthX08']also i have no money in my paypal acc, so can i pay the fees after the item sells?[/QUOTE]

You can set up ebay so that they send you a monthly bill.

Here are some tips.

Make sure you item descriptions are thorough and you include your own pictures. That is a must. Don't include a stock picture and give a one sentence description. Show people that you care and your winning prices will be much higher when people know they can trust you.

good luck.

bread's done
Back