PC Game INSANITY at Circuit City

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCDenton

Banned
I know someone else already posted about getting PREY cheap, but there needs to be a thread to tally up all of the discounted prices because there are some ridiculous deals I just found and it will take a combined effort to scan all of Circuit City's games. Anyways, I have just purchased:

-----------
edit: Thank you to pcktlnt for making this list alphabetized and coding it for starforce.

[quote name='pcktlnt']To help out my fellow caggers, here is a compiled list of the games that have been listed throughout the entire forum. Do not hate on me if some of the prices may be off, I just copied/pasted. Good luck finding the games. Please, please please please please put the game title and price when you guys list. This way it would help out a lot. ^__^

Last Update: February 14, 2008, 5:45 pm
Added:
A few questions were arising that I thought everyone knew. But I will help clarify here just in case.
  • All prices listed below are 50% off. That means, what you see listed below should be what you pay for that game.
  • NEVER believe the sticker price on Circuit City games. If you feel doubtful have the employee/cashier PRICE CHECK the game.
  • Your mileage may vary (YMMV). For example, we know that Sam & Max price checks for 24.99, but a fellow CAG was able to find one that had a sticker price of 19.99, so he/she was able to pick it up for 10.00. Same with someone else and a Deluxe version of Battlefield. Use your best judgment in obtaining a game not on this list.
  • If you do purchase a game, please list the game and price. This way, the list can be updated.
  • Good luck fellow CAGs.
Thank you fellow CAGs for posting your game finds and prices.

Added:
- Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box)
- Curious George Educational Title
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing
- Race 07
- Classic Game Collection

This color = Previous sale
This color = New ones reported this sale
This color = games with Starforce

18 Wheels of Steel: Haulin - $0.42
2006 FIFA World Cup - $4.66
Act of War: High Treason - $2.33
Adventures in Odyssey 2 pack (big box) - $7.50
Age of Empires II Gold Edition (inclues Conquerors expansion) - $10.00
Age of Mythology: Gold Edition - $10.00
Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales - $1.00 Europe only?
Alexander: Heroes of Conquest - $2.50
Alien Shooter Vengeance - $2.19
American Conquest Anthology (American Conquest, Fight Back, Divided Nation) for $3.50
American Farmer Deluxe / American Builder Deluxe Combo - $2
Ankh - $2.00
Armed & Dangerous - $2.50
Battlefield 2: Booster Pack Collection - $3.50
Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition - $4.66
Battlefield 2: Special Forces - $4.66
Battlefield 1942 (Complete Collection) - $3.50
Battlefield 2142 - $10.00
Beowulf - $10.00
Black & White 2 - Battle of the Gods - $3.00
Blazing Angels 2 - $7.50
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood - $8.00
Buccaneer's Bounty - $2.50
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth - $6.48 Russia version only?
Call of Duty 2 - Game of the Year - $10.00
Call of Juarez - $5.00
City of Heroes: Combined (This has both Heroes and Villians in one package) - $10.00
City of Villians Time Card - $8.98
Classic Game Collection (Monopoly, Clue, Life, and Scrabble) - $10.00
Combat Mission Anthology - $7.50
Command & Conquer Collection - $10
Command & Conquer Generals Deluxe - $10
Company of Heroes (Not the Game of the Year Edition) - $10.00
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts - $10.00
Counter-Strike: Source - $10.00
Crashday - $7.50
Crazy Machines: The Wacky Contraptions Game - $7.50
Culpa Innata - $10.00
Curious George Educational Title - $7.50
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic - $5.48
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (Collectors Edition) - $4.12
Darkstar One - $5.00
Darwinia - $1.29 or $1.40
DEFCON - $8.50
Desperate Housewives - $4.00
Deus Ex: Invisible War - $0.25
Diablo II - $10.00
Diablo II: Lord of Destruction - $10.00
Diner Dash - $2.50
Diner Dash (Metal Tin) - $5.00
DIRT (racing one) - $8.50
DIRT - Origin of the Species - $6.90
DNA - $2.19
Doom 3 - $10.00
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil expansion pack - $3.03
Dream Chronicles - $7.50
Driver: Parallel Lines - $6.98
Dungeon Siege II - $8.98
Dynasty League Baseball - $7.50
EA Strategy Collection - $2.74
El Matador - $10
Elder Scrolls: Shivering Isles - $7.50
Elf Super Bowling Collection (This was the title I found on Gamespot) - $3.98
Eragon - $1.41 or $1.94...sorry I forgot when I asked too many at a time. ^__^
Fable: The Lost Chapters - $8.00
Faces of War - $4.66
Fate - $9.98
FEAR - $4.66
FEAR: Extraction Point - $3.29
FEAR: Perseus Mandate $10.00
Flatout 2 - $7.50 Europe only?
Flight Simulator 2004 - $10.00
Freedom Force - $3.01
Freelancer - $5.00
Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords - $5.00
Galactic Civilization: Ultimate Edition - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Ghost Hunter (Hidden Object Game) - 10$
Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter - $7.50
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (GRAW 2) - $10
Godfather - $7.50
Gothic 3 - $3.00 Confirmed at $3.00
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - $9.00 or $10.00 (2nd edition)
GTR: Game of the Year Edition - $2.50
GTR 2 - $2.00
GTR 2: Game of the Year Edition - $7.50 or $10.00
GTR FIA Racing - $2.50
Guild Wars Nightfall (Collector's Edition) - $9.48
Half-Life 2: Episode One - $3.50
Halo - $10.00
Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel - $1.50
Heroes of Might and Magic V - $7.50
Jericho - $8.50
IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $10.00
It's the Big Game, Charlie Brown - $6.00
King's Quest Collection - $7.50 (7 games)
Land of the Dead: Road to Fiddler's Green - $5.00
Left Behind: Eternal Forces - $3-4
Legos Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy - $10.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth - $5.00
Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth 2 - $3.50 or $5.00
Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, The Rise of the Witch-King - $2.30
Maelstrom - $4.60
Magic Match - $4.66
Marine Sharpshooter 3 - $10.00
Medal of Honor Allied Assault - $3.00 (Jewel case?)
Micro Machines V4 - $4.33
Myst IV: Revelation, Limited Edition - $7.50
Need for Speed Carbon - $1.87
Need for Speed Most Wanted - $5.00
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer - $10.00
Oasis - $2.50
Overlord - $8.50
Paradise - $8.00
pcktlnt - $0.00 (Not a game)
Penumbra: Overture - $8.00
Perimeter - $2.33
Perimeter:Emperer's Testament - $4.66
Phantasy Star Universe - $4.xx
Plantasia - $4.33
Police Quest - $4.xx (Is this the collection one as well?)
Police Quest Collection - $7.50 (YMMV)
Prey - $5.50 or $6.50
Prey Limited Edition (The big metal tin) - $8.00
Prince of Persia: Sands of Time - $3.50 (online)
Prison Tycoon 3: Lockdown - $10.00
Puzzle Quest - $10
Quake 4 - $10
Race 07 - $7.50
Rag Doll Kung Fu - $5
Rainbow Six Vegas - $10.00
Rayman 10th Anniversary Collection - $8.99 or $4.50 (online)
Rayman 3 Pack - $4.50
Rayman Raving Rabbids - $8.00
Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45 - $8.00
Resident Evil 4 - $10.00
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War - $9.00
Rise of Nations - $2.50 (jewel case bargain title)
Rise of Nations: Gold Edition - $10.00
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends $9.00
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $10.00
Rush for Berlin - $8.99
Scratches: New Director's Cut Edition - $7.50
Shadowgrounds - $3.58
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - $9.98
Sid Meier's Railroads! - $3.56 or $4.12
Silent Hunter - $8.00
Sim City 4: Deluxe Edition - $9.98
Silverfall - $8.98 or $10.00
SiN Episodes - $5.00 or $6.99 (online)
Soliders: Heroes of World War II - $1.00
Space Quest - $4.xx (which version is this?)
SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars - $4.66 Europe version
Splinter Cell Double Agent - $3.75
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl - $10.00
StarCraft Battle Chest - $10.00
Star Trek: Legacy - $4.60
Star Wars Empire at War (Not Collection one) - $8.00 or $6.98
Star Wars Empire at War: Forces of Corruption (Expansion) - $9.00
Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventure - $2.59
Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse - $4.98 or $5.48 (online)
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance - $10.00
Sweet Tooth (Bejewelled clone) - $3.50
Sword of the Stars - $8.50
Syberia Saga Limited Edition - $2.35
The Chosen: Well of Souls - $8.50
The Guild 2 - $4.11
The Movies - $4.66
The Movies: Stunts & Effects Expansion - $9.98
The Punisher - $1.90
The Ship - $2.35
The Sims 2: Family Fun Stuff - $5.00 (online)
Titan Quest - $5.00 (YMMV) - $7.50
Titan Quest: Immortal Throne - $10.00
TMNT - $7.50 (Scanned too many at once so not sure) or $10 (CD version)
Tomb Raider Legend - $8.00
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 - $4.00 (online)
Trainz Railwayz - $10.00
UFO: Aftermath/Aftershock Double Pack - $8.98
Wizard's War Chest [Contains Evil Islands, Etherlords, & Etherlords II] $5.00
World of Warcraft - $10.00
X-COM: UFO Game Double Pack - $8.98

Unknown titles: Not sure where to place these, so they go here. ^__^
- Multi- title educational software with Magic School Bus and Roller Typing $9.99
- 10 pack of games for $2.14 (Can you give the title? lol)[/QUOTE]

Had my brother go to a Circuit City in Sacramento today. His haul:

DEFCON: $8.50
Call of Juerez: ?
Dark Messiah: $4
Rainbow Six: Vegas: $10

The only game I really wanted from the sale, Battlefield 2142, was out of stock. Drats. No Battlefield 2 booster pack either.

Still, DEFCON is an awesome game, especially for that price.

Well guys. I just came back from circuit city. They had Darwinia..which i picked up for 1.34 THey didnt have LOTR :((((( THey rang up Dawn of war...but wasnt cheap :(

They had command and conquer generals and rainbow six las vegas for 10...but figured i would never play those anyways.

As with most games, I'm almost 100% sure that you need the STALKER disc in the drive to play.

My final haul:

STALKER- 10
Rise of Nations- 2.50
RIse of Nations + Expansion- 10
Gothic 3- 3
RE: 4- 10
BF 2142- 10
That one Star Wars game- 7
C&C Deluxe- 10
Faces of War- 4
TQ-Immortal Expansion- 10

I found SpellForce 2 for 4$ as well,but it showed up as negative inventory in the computers. Apparently it was a defective game that was missing a license key or whatnot. I was rather dissapointed, the game looked pretty cool.

I resisted picking up SP:DA and Call of Juarez for the fact I already own them on 360. Maelstorm was another one I passed on, Im strategied-out for now.

Anyone have an extra copy of TQ they would be willing to part with, or know of where I could find it for around 10$?

[quote name='ITDEFX']
ccINSANITY2008.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What is the name of the game between the Rayman Collection and Darwinia? I saw it before, but forgot the name.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']What is the name of the game between the Rayman Collection and Darwinia? I saw it before, but forgot the name.[/QUOTE]
D.I.R.T.

Went to CC today knowing of just STALKER being on sale...wish I knew Darwinia and DEFCON was on sale as well! Ah well, picked up STALKER and reserved SSBB ($10 gift card for reserving it). It was pretty funny to see the cashiers reaction when he rang the game up!

I already had most of these games or weren't interested in many, so I had a short list, but little luck on finding many.

At the Roseville, MI store, I got:

* Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $3.75
* Call of Juarez - $5

At the Utica store, I got to copies of GW: Nightfall for $9.48 each. They're tagged at $65 and the checkout girls were like, "Whoa!"

Couldn't find Darwinia and a few others. I wish I could've found more Nightfalls since I need 3-4 copies for myself, my boss, his son, and a co-worker. Oh, well. Wish I saw this deal sooner. Snooze = Lose.

[quote name='Serik']
Still, DEFCON is an awesome game, especially for that price.[/QUOTE]

Heck I pre-ordered it with a digital download back when it was coming out and got the disc a few weeks later for under 20 bucks. Some places were selling it for 30 bucks. ouch. But still this is a great game with lots of mods. I still have it installed but haven't played it in awhile.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I already had most of these games or weren't interested in many, so I had a short list, but little luck on finding many.

At the Roseville, MI store, I got:

* Splinter Cell: Double Agent - $3.75
* Call of Juarez - $5

At the Utica store, I got to copies of GW: Nightfall for $9.48 each. They're tagged at $65 and the checkout girls were like, "Whoa!"

Couldn't find Darwinia and a few others. I wish I could've found more Nightfalls since I need 3-4 copies for myself, my boss, his son, and a co-worker. Oh, well. Wish I saw this deal sooner. Snooze = Lose.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was the one that picked the Roseville store over last night. I'm really kicking myself now though because I almost went to Utica but oh well.

Good thing you didn't. amusedtoe! I thought was was gonna be ass out for anything.

What sucks is that I work within sight of the Dearborn store and live close to the Oakland Mall, but I didn't even see this was going on until 10 pm Friday night! I could've hit both of those on the way home and picked up some more. Oh, well. You win some, you lose the rest.

Picked up Prey, Call of Juarez, HL Ep 1, and Dark Messiah, tonight, for about $25. Not a bad deal, if I do say so myself.

Will this continue next week, or end on sunday?

Yea but it's the hunt of these things as much as anything that makes them fun and worthwhile. If you check out a bunch of sales with no luck when you hit upon that one you get a good score it's really awesome.

The games will still be on clearence but should be like twice as much because this week under $20 they were half off.

[quote name='ITDEFX']D.I.R.T.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/originofthespecies/index.html?tag=result;title;1

But I just checked the reviews on Gamespot. a 2.0!!!! Really buggy and not worth it, so it is going back.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the information. Guess it is good thing that I did not get it.

In my haul today, I did get a STALKER with bonus DVD inside. I did not pay attention to it till someone mentions it.:) Also got a copy of RainbowSix: Vegas and GTR2, but both have big rips on the other box. Maybe some kid wanted it but cannot afford it before and took it out on the box?:roll: I guess only those who stock the games or handle the returns might know.

Dang it, I tried looking for Splinter Cell: Double Agent but neither of my local stores had it. :cry:

I did manage to pick up Call of Juarez and Rainbox Six: Vegas, so at least it wasn't a total bust.

Forgot about this sale 'til today but got lucky at an out of the way CC...

Picture.jpg

Some of this is for trade (the doubles for sure and perhaps some others) - anyone pick up an extra Galactic Civ 2?

I'll triple anyone's investment on The Ship. That is to say, I'll pay $7.50 for it....if anyone's selling...

And oh I'd still kill for Battlefield.

Congratulations today you saved 7 cents! If anyone here buys that many new games let alone from CC I'll smack em good. Going through opening and installing all this stuff at the moment. Anyone grab an R6 Vegas or SH4 they want to send to me? :)

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Forgot about this sale 'til today but got lucky at an out of the way CC...

Picture.jpg

Some of this is for trade (the doubles for sure and perhaps some others) - anyone pick up an extra Galactic Civ 2?[/QUOTE]How much was Elite Beat Agents? I got that for ~$16 a couple of weeks back off the CC Clearance thread. Was it any cheaper?

[quote name='HiddenPanda']Care to say which ones are considerered "untouchables" for trade Johnny?[/QUOTE]

Aside from Silent Hunter 4, and Rise of Legends, my biggest want from this sale was Galactic Civ 2 (also DOA:X2 from the clearance a couple weeks ago) so everything else is available.

Dirkbelig - EBA was $9.

I shoulda picked up the Galatic Civ 2 Gold pack my CC had I guess :(

Tons of these games I couldn't remember if they were cheaper ... some I did and didn't bother with but I think I should of now :( I missed Rise of Legends, Darwinia, Dark Messiah: CE, a Guild Wars CE etc etc. litterally freaking tons.

Was looking for Dawn of War: Gold but no one had it :(

Anyways all I got was:

Rise of Nations: Gold 10$
D.N.A. - 2$
Sim City 4 - 10$
Sid Meier's Railoard - 4$
Starcraft Battlechest - 10$

Not sure but I'll prolly use Sid Meier's as trade bait (if that's even possible) and Starcraft is deff. a trader because I already have it :D

[quote name='amusedtoe']I hate the stickers on CC's boxes, can't get them off without ruining the packaging.[/QUOTE]

Use a hair dryer to loosen them up.

For people that picked up Splinter Cell Double Agent: do you have a console as well? If so, what's the advantage of playing this on PC vs. console? (other than it's dirt cheap for PC, if you haven't already bought the console version).

I understand that some people prefer PCs for FPS games but I thought SCDA is more stealth. I passed on it here because I already picked it up for 360 for $10.

[quote name='Dunned']Is the sale still going on today?[/QUOTE]it was only ADVERTISED for last week. that's right it was in the weekly ad but everyone is acting like it was a secret. i guess the secret part of it is that CC doesn't mark their games with the correct prices.

[quote name='DirkBelig']How much was Elite Beat Agents? I got that for ~$16 a couple of weeks back off the CC Clearance thread. Was it any cheaper?[/quote]It's dropped to 8.96 and yes you can go price adjust if you take your receipt in within 30 days of purchase.

[quote name='ughpaul']i guess the secret part of it is that CC doesn't mark their games with the correct prices.[/quote]

That's no secret. They are terrible when it comes to that....

[quote name='gantt']For people that picked up Splinter Cell Double Agent: do you have a console as well? If so, what's the advantage of playing this on PC vs. console? (other than it's dirt cheap for PC, if you haven't already bought the console version).[/QUOTE]
Depends on the console. Here's what Wikipedia says...

"There are actually two separate versions of Double Agent. One version (Version one) was made by Ubisoft Shanghai, who developed Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and was released on the Xbox 360, Windows, and PlayStation 3. The other version (Version two) was made by Ubisoft Montreal (Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell and Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory) and was released for the Xbox, PlayStation 2, Nintendo GameCube and Nintendo Wii. The Xbox 360/PlayStation 3/Windows versions feature a completely custom engine while the PS2/Xbox/Wii versions play more like the classic Splinter Cell games. The games share the same general plot but each one features different storylines, plot twists, and levels. Even the levels they share have completely different level designs. They do however, share the same background music and share a few cut scenes."

If anyone picked up an extra copy of GalCiv 2 or Guild Wars during this amazing sale-y thing that would be willing to sell to someone who couldn't find any at their local CC, please PM me. I'd be happy to go 4x on your GalCiv investment and double what you paid for Guild Wars: Nightfall.

Let me know.

When I took Desperate Housewives up to the desk I tried the sandwich method (between Call of Juarez and Sam and Max) but that didn't work at all. So I decided to strike up a conversation with the lady who was checking me out, turns out she isn't a fan of the show. OH man what a game for my collection. When I opened up the case for it a bunch of ads came flying out that I wasn't expecting, like Sears and some drug store LOL.

Oh btw, Sam and Max rang up $25 at the desk but it had a $20 sticker on it so the lady just changed the price for me. Maybe that's why some of you didn't think about getting it, if there wasn't a $20 sticker then you just figured it cost too much to be included in the sale.

[quote name='cgarb84']Oh btw, Sam and Max rang up $25 at the desk but it had a $20 sticker on it so the lady just changed the price for me. Maybe that's why some of you didn't think about getting it, if there wasn't a $20 sticker then you just figured it cost too much to be included in the sale.[/quote]
You got lucky, too. Both of my local CCs had it stickered at $30 and it rang up at $30.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I wonder if anyone used the 10% off gamers membership with these games?[/quote] Yessirre bob I did. In true cheapassness I saved a couple dollars probably off my PC games. Some times it worked and sometimes it didn't, qwerky. Some stores it didn't work and they pointed to the "regular" priced games policy. But it still works with clearance, even the $8.96 clearance console games. $.89 x alot adds up! I've already almost paid for the 1yr subscription and I just bought like 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='rapsodist']You got lucky, too. Both of my local CCs had it stickered at $30 and it rang up at $30.[/quote]
Hmm that sucks. I guess I did manage to catch a break on this one. I was pretty shocked that it was marked down to $20 in the first place. I wasn't expecting that to be one of the games that I could get for 1/2 off.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So at this point the low price game sale is over?[/QUOTE]
Looks like it. When I stopped by this afternoon The Movies rang up at around $8.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']Yessirre bob I did. In true cheapassness I saved a couple dollars probably off my PC games. Some times it worked and sometimes it didn't, qwerky. Some stores it didn't work and they pointed to the "regular" priced games policy. But it still works with clearance, even the $8.96 clearance console games. $.89 x alot adds up! I've already almost paid for the 1yr subscription and I just bought like 2 weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

How was the manassas CC? If I would have known about this deal I would have hit it the other day when I was in the area.

[quote name='maiku']Looks like it. When I stopped by this afternoon The Movies rang up at around $8.[/QUOTE]

Oh well good deal while it lasted. Thanks OP!

[quote name='ITDEFX']How was the manassas CC? If I would have known about this deal I would have hit it the other day when I was in the area.[/quote] Actually I never made it to Manassas or any CC's along 66.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back