Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Playfire updated for me today and so did GMG instantly so hopefully this trend keeps up.  I already have $18 in rewards, hoping to climb to $30.  Rush Bros and SSZ should help me get there. 

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I submitted a playfire ticket. I was surprised to get a response with 3 hours. I underlined the interesting part.

Hello Bruticis

Having investigated your steam account, based on a report we received from another member, we can see indicators that suggest that you have been using third party software in order to unlock achievements to earn Playfire Rewards.

This is against the spirit of the Rewards Beta Program and it goes against Playfire's T&C and unfortunately we have banned your account as a result.

Bans are not up for review and we will not discuss them.

Kind Regards,
Karl
At least they closed it with a kind regard, so there's that. Just to level the playing field I reported everyone in this thread (better safe than sorry) to Playfire.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, I submitted a playfire ticket. I was surprised to get a response with 3 hours. I underlined the interesting part.

At least they closed it with a kind regard, so there's that. Just to level the playing field I reported everyone in this thread (better safe than sorry) to Playfire.
I told you guys I reported you. You didn't believe me?! ;)

What did you submit the ticket for?

Wow, that .gif is at least 10 years old (as if you couldn't tell because of the reference to Limewire). Really brings me back.

I'm glad you decided to indulge me after all. See, that wasn't so bad. Now the mystery's solved, and you can spend the rest of your life tracking down the user who reported you. (Wasn't me, not gonna do volunteer work for Playfire/GMG, maybe if they threw me some free games).

Didn't see anyone else post this, some new rewards for today...

Available until Wednesday 21 May, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• BattleBlock Theater® - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Cult of the Wind - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DreadOut - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Fearless Fantasy - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heavy Bullets - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren`s Call - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Orc Attack: Flatulent Rebellion - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Qbeh-1: The Atlas Cube - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Steam Squad - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sudokuball Detective - play for the first time - £0.10

Honestly, it's sort of a joke for them to ban someone after being reported but ignore other obvious signs of people gaming the system.  They should either just let everyone be since they haven't implemented any safeguards or scrutinize everyone equally.  

Honestly, it's sort of a joke for them to ban someone after being reported but ignore other obvious signs of people gaming the system. They should either just let everyone be since they haven't implemented any safeguards or scrutinize everyone equally.
I think it's hilarious that someone is reporting people. Who is honestly that ass hurt about these playfire rewards..............

Et tu Bruticus!

I'm reporting all you pirates and keeping all the playfire rewards for myself (that's how it works, right?)!
Spoken like a true pirate. Always ready to double-cross everyone else to keep all the booty for themselves.

Pirate_Booty_by_Ravven78.jpg

Wait, that's the wrong kind of booty ...

I think it's pretty shitty that someone reported you. I frankly can't believe that they'd ban anyone anyhow as it's laughably easy to manipulate Steam achievements. Since the whole premise of Playfire is based on something as fragile as that, I would think they'd show some goodwill and ignore what likely 80% of the people are doing anyway.

I think it's pretty shitty that someone reported you. I frankly can't believe that they'd ban anyone anyhow as it's laughably easy to manipulate Steam achievements. Since the whole premise of Playfire is based on something as fragile as that, I would think they'd show some goodwill and ignore what likely 80% of the people are doing anyway.
Honestly my bigger concern is that they'd even ban you over a simple report.

Did they actually look into it? What would serve as evidence for that? Or did they just believe whoever reported you?

What would serve as evidence for that?
My guess is that their detective equipment is pretty low-tech or they'd be banning a huge chunk of their users. Most likely the activation of certain achievements and not pre-requisite achievements. I've heard that some are pretty impossible to get or are bugged.

Honestly, what have they got to gain here? By limiting when you can use the GMG credit (i.e. not with certain vouchers) they've effectively turned credit into a choose-your-own coupon. Why not let everyone claim whatever they claim and take a laissez faire approach?

My guess is that their detective equipment is pretty low-tech or they'd be banning a huge chunk of their users. Most likely the activation of certain achievements and not pre-requisite achievements. I've heard that some are pretty impossible to get or are bugged.

Honestly, what have they got to gain here? By limiting when you can use the GMG credit (i.e. not with certain vouchers) they've effectively turned credit into a choose-your-own coupon. Why not let everyone claim whatever they claim and take a laissez faire approach?
because james left them they been downhill until i told them to lick their ego ehe

I was honestly surprised they even admitted it was from a member report. You'd think they could at least lie or leave that part out to protect their confidential informants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back