Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question.  I am a playfire noob, haven't used it before and just signed up.  Does the rewards I get converted to USD?  If so, do they convert 1:1 or would 1 pound on playfire convert to 1.68 USD? 

I have a question. I am a playfire noob, haven't used it before and just signed up. Does the rewards I get converted to USD? If so, do they convert 1:1 or would 1 pound on playfire convert to 1.68 USD?
They get converted at the current exchange rate, so 1.68 USD if that's what it is right now.

I just had two out of three support tickets replied to today. Got my Dark Void Zero achievements added (not one of them tracked originally), and I got a reply to my GBP not converting up to USD ticket with this:

"Apologies for the delay in responding to your request. Our users have been very supportive of Playfire Rewards Beta, and all this activity has resulted in a small backlog in user requests to our support team. We are working hard to respond to all of our customers.

It would be very helpful if you were able to verify if your issue still persists and let us know accordingly.

It may take 24 hours for your rewards to appear on your account, we suggest all users log into their GMG account on a regular basis to ensure rewards are being transferred correctly. Logging into your GMG account prompts Playfire for an update, as long as they are linked correctly.

If your issue still persists after 24 hours, please let us know and we will look further into your particular issue. Otherwise, when replying to this ticket in Playfire support, you may tick the box "Please consider this issue resolved" to avoid any further messages.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards, 
Karl
"

I was groaning/rolling my eyes when I read it, because it didn't even address my problem, but I logged into Playfire and my $8.77 of credit was suddenly $14.25... So I guess the conversion problem is fixed?

Ironically, my oldest support ticket for my missing Chompy and Tower of Guns rewards is still sitting unanswered...

Oh Karl, you broke my heart. I thought you spent that week trying to find the perfect words to say. Now I find you sent the same response to others. How can I ever trust your sincere words again?

I swear that most companies do that intentionally (ignoring tickets completely once they reach a certain age.)
Actually I got confused. I included my Dark Void Zero missing rewards into my Chompy/Tower of Guns ticket, so everything was taken care of.

That's... actually pretty impressive. They knocked out a lot of stuff today.

Been awhile since I posted an achievement guide (mostly because everyone has been so helpful lately), but I just got all the Splatter achievements, so here we go (I think someone might have already posted a mini guide, but I'll try to be a little more thorough).

478869.png

Nothing in common but the enemy
£0.10
The simple one. You'll come across a weapon store very early on in the game and will be given a choice to kill or allow a looter to live. Let him live and you'll get the achievement (and a friend).

478896.png

A shimmer in the darkness
£0.25
Not a tough one, but a lengthy one to get. You'll need to collect all the parts to create the "golden gun", which are scattered across the different levels. The last part is on level 9, which is quite far, so this takes some time to get. There's no easy way for me to explain where each part is, but as long as you're observant and search your surroundings well you shouldn't miss any parts. They aren't that well hidden. However, a few things you should remember are, 1. Make sure you do both missions for the lady at the refugee camp, since there are gun parts in those levels, and she gives you another part once you do them both. 2. When you get to the level with acid, Max will say something about something "spilling" when he first sees the acid. There is a well hidden gun part on the bottom left area below that first pool of acid. 3. The final gun part in level 9 is straight left from where you meet the military guys, down an alley, and inside a building. 

Lastly, at the end of each level the score screen will tell you if you missed a part. If you did, load an old save and do the level over again, searching better the next time.

478902.png

MO-MO-MONSTERKILL!
£0.50
First off, make sure you're playing on the "harmless" difficulty. Yes, this is a tough one if you don't know where to do it. If you DO know where to do it, it's not too big of a deal. The best place (and earliest place) to get this is in level 6 "Returning across peaceful ...". Fairly early in the level, the game will autosave right before you find a rocket launcher and encounter some spiders. If you go straight up from there, you'll come across a cave (you'll know you're there when Max will make a comment about hating spiders). Make sure you conserve machine gun ammo for this part (200 or so will do), because at this point you want to run into the cave holding down that trigger. There are a LOT of spiders in this little cave, so just keep shooting and stringing kills together, moving further into the cave as you go. At the back of the cave are egg pods that will release even more spiders when you shoot them, prolonging your combo meter even further. Getting the 20x multiplier really isn't hard here, and if you fail, just reload back to the autosave I mentioned and try again.

Also, remember to use the machine gun. Other heavy weapons have too much of a delay between shots to keep the combo going easily at high levels, and even the upgraded fast firing shotgun is temperamental about keeping your streak going above 10x for some reason. The machine gun doesn't require reloading and is hands down the best gun for getting a high multiplier.

If you can't get the 20x multiplier here for some reason, you may have better luck getting it once you get the lawn mower, and just plowing through the hordes of enemies to come while shooting all the while. I'm sure it's fairly easy to get in that section as well.

As for the game, loving it! I wasn't expecting much, and while the narrative and story are silly, the game is really well put together and FUN. One of the best top down shooters I've played in a very long time. Not to mention the graphics are gorgeous for a game of this genre... besides the character animations up close.

I give it 4 out of 5 oozing piles of gore!

Mo-mo-monsterkill can also be done in arcade mode. Just survive for a few rounds, wait for a horde of spiders to show up then use the flamethrower to rack up the combo.

It might take a bit to do because the combo counter seems a little bit finicky at times. So if you don't make it, just survive a few more rounds and try again.

The first two Postal achievements are very easy and can be completed in about a minute.

Postal - unlock How Kevorkian! - £0.10

- Shoot some guys, if they crawl then walk up to them and hit X.

Postal - unlock Dirty knees - £0.25

- Rocket launcher guys are right outside of where you start, hit F to duck under the rocket they shoot.

Postal - unlock Z for Zachariah - £0.50

- Requires killing everyone in every level.  Seems to be a pain and not worth the effort.

Mo-mo-monsterkill can also be done in arcade mode. Just survive for a few rounds, wait for a horde of spiders to show up then use the flamethrower to rack up the combo.

It might take a bit to do because the combo counter seems a little bit finicky at times. So if you don't make it, just survive a few more rounds and try again.
It's even easier if you combine a wave of zombies and spiders and flamethrower them both at once. The combo counter really is terrible, but with that many enemies it's hard to go wrong. Although in my attempts, the first wave of zombies & spiders - wave 1 & 3 - still wasn't enough, I had to wait until their next appearance around wave 7.

Been awhile since I posted an achievement guide (mostly because everyone has been so helpful lately), but I just got all the Splatter achievements, so here we go (I think someone might have already posted a mini guide, but I'll try to be a little more thorough).
I thought mine was pretty thorough, guess ill leave the guides to others from now on.

Most I can get is 18x on the arcade map, even when it seems like I'm killing spiders/zombies without missing any shots during something like round 8 (where there are 50 or so enemies). I get to 17x or 18x then it just resets. Bah, I suck.

Most I can get is 18x on the arcade map, even when it seems like I'm killing spiders/zombies without missing any shots during something like round 8 (where there are 50 or so enemies). I get to 17x or 18x then it just resets. Bah, I suck.
Try it on level 6 then. Honestly, it's really easy in that spider cave and you can easily retry if you mess up.

Try it on level 6 then. Honestly, it's really easy in that spider cave and you can easily retry if you mess up.
Sweet, actually just got it on an earlier level (the one with the worms). I randomly blew up a bunch of cars and got the 20x achievement. I had been trying to get it just on the arcade survival mode, but then I decided to play through the campaign instead.

Decent game!

Sweet, actually just got it on an earlier level (the one with the worms). I randomly blew up a bunch of cars and got the 20x achievement.
That's how I got it too (at the part where you blow up the gas station with the worms around it). Seems very hit or miss for people, but if you're having trouble you could probably just replay that part a few times and eventually get lucky.

Alright, just 100% Murdered and had a blast doing it.  It was a false scare when I thought I wouldn't be able to go back and get the collectibles.  You visit the last stage twice and I had only gone the first time.  Also, they gave me a big warning when I was about to enter the last stage that I couldn't go back and I could cancel it, so not sure what the big deal was about that.

Loved the story, setting, voice acting, etc.  This is basically a more interactive The Walking Dead with collectibles. I sort of hated the combat, mostly because it felt tacked on and it was so spaced out I could never get a groove with it.  That and it didn't work half the time due to angling or something.  Luckily, I was able to run by most of it towards the end to just get to the good stuff which was the investigations and collectible hunting.  The collectibles all tell backstory so there's good incentive to get them all.  Achievements are all doable. My recommendation is finish every area except the last by yourself, collect everything you find, and then use a guide before doing the final stage to not miss everything.  Definitely worth the pre-order and practically paid for itself with Playfire and cards.  

Day 6 Deals are up.

It's WB's day.

Everything's 75% off. Only noteworthy deals I can think of are Origins Blackgate for $5, Lego Hobbit for $7.50, Lego Movie Game for $7.50, the Season Pass for Origins for $5 (good if you got the base game for $5 something from GameStop), and Injustice for $7.50 if you missed Mayhem at Amazon for whatever reason.

Everything else has been this price before multiple times, if not lower. Kinda boring. At least this means the Playfire rewards will be good since I own so many of the games.

LEGO Hobbit and LEGO Movie Game should be $20 MSRP soon, right? Can't be too far off, and then inevitably they'll be on sale for $5 like the others.

Is anyone else concerned that Arkham Origins might not got a GOTY edition?

New rewards up. If you did the LEGO Lord of the Rings ones already, you might be kicking yourself real soon:

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Friday 20 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:[/SIZE]

• Batman™: Arkham Origins - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock One down, several to go - £0.10
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock The Innocent and the Predatory - £0.25
  • Batman™: Arkham Origins - unlock Know Thy Enemy - £0.50
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - unlock Ambassador - £0.10
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - unlock Champion - £0.25
  • Expeditions: Conquistador - unlock Cortés - £0.50
  • Hard Reset - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Hard Reset - unlock Retirement (Tier: Normal) - £0.10
  • Hard Reset - unlock Searcher - £0.25
  • Hard Reset - unlock Exile: Wanderer - £0.50
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Almost There - £0.10
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Overachiever - £0.25
  • Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - unlock Tourist - £0.50
  • Kairo - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Kairo - unlock Flowing Elements - £0.10
  • Kairo - unlock Tower Climber - £0.25
  • Kairo - unlock A Different Purpose - £0.50
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - play for the first time - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock The long way around. - £0.10
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock One does not simply... - £0.25
  • LEGO The Lord of the Rings - unlock ... And away he goes, Precious! - £0.50
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - unlock There Will Be Blood! - £0.10
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - unlock Humiliation - £0.25
  • Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - unlock You've Got Style! - £0.50
  • Project Root - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Project Root - unlock TRAVELLER - £0.10
  • Project Root - unlock SURVIVOR - £0.25
  • Project Root - unlock CONTACT - £0.50
  • Secrets of Raetikon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Secrets of Raetikon - unlock Danger From Above - £0.10
  • Secrets of Raetikon - unlock Lynx Teaser - £0.25
  • Secrets of Raetikon - unlock Cryptographer - £0.50
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - unlock Mutual Trader - £0.10
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - unlock Star Explorer - £0.25
  • Sins of a Solar Empire®: Rebellion - unlock Space Ponies! - £0.50
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - play for the first time - £0.10
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - unlock Always Read The Instructions! - £0.10
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - unlock END OF THE LINE! - £0.25
  • The LEGO® Movie - Videogame - unlock No Way, This Is My Jam. - £0.50
[SIZE=large]New Rewards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=x-small]Available until Tuesday 17 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:[/SIZE]

• Crimsonland - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Echo of the Wilds - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Infinite Game Works Episode 0 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • March of War - play for the first time - £0.10
  • March of War - unlock Fought the Dragon - £0.10
  • March of War - unlock Blitzkrieg Ace - £0.25
  • March of War - unlock Battle Master - £0.50
  • Pulstar - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Reversion - The Escape -play for the first time - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Im going home! - £0.10
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Hotshot employer #3 - £0.25
  • Smooth Operators - unlock Rich rich rich #2 - £0.50
  • The Entente Gold - play for the first time - £0.10

Echo of the WIlds was in Groupees BM12, iirc. Reversion is F2P, March of War is F2P, and Smooth Operators was in an IG bundle (though god knows if we're getting keys for it).

This promo is making me wish I'd picked up Origins for $5. On the fence about LEGO Movie now, hoping the $20 MSRP drop is soon.

Surprised to see no LEGO Hobbit rewards, but they did run a big promo for it a while back, so maybe not too surprising.

fuck, I already have $32 worth of rewards to do and they just keep coming.
My balance hasn't synced in about a week. Hopefully there will be some good deals in the last two days--I never did use the Eve trick, so I've got that available still for if something nice comes up.

I have logged out/in multiple times both on Playfire and GMG, too. So weird that this stuff is so incredibly inconsistent--I've had other occasions where logout/in syncs things immediately.

My balance actually just did sync overnight after about a week, and the currency conversion for the last batch of rewards was fixed as well, going up a few bucks in the process.

But it is extremely annoying how inconsistent their system is, as I now have to keep a list of what rewards were credited and which ones it ignored completely, which is about 60:40 at this point with seemingly no rhyme or reason.

And I never heard back from our mutual friend Karl re: my now-literally-ancient support ticket.

Day 6 Deals are up.

It's WB's day.

Everything's 75% off. Only noteworthy deals I can think of are Origins Blackgate for $5, Lego Hobbit for $7.50, Lego Movie Game for $7.50, the Season Pass for Origins for $5 (good if you got the base game for $5 something from GameStop), and Injustice for $7.50 if you missed Mayhem at Amazon for whatever reason.

Everything else has been this price before multiple times, if not lower. Kinda boring. At least this means the Playfire rewards will be good since I own so many of the games.

LEGO Hobbit and LEGO Movie Game should be $20 MSRP soon, right? Can't be too far off, and then inevitably they'll be on sale for $5 like the others.

Is anyone else concerned that Arkham Origins might not got a GOTY edition?
hot wheels buddy lowest ever u tool go to ur mysterd dungeon eheh

I know you can't use SAM to get the rewards, but what about mods.

Like in Fallout New Vegas use a Mod to get 20x the exp.  Will that game you banned?

I know you can't use SAM to get the rewards, but what about mods.

Like in Fallout New Vegas use a Mod to get 20x the exp. Will that game you banned?
This is a tricky one because I've used user-created content before for help with achievements.

I think as long as it the end result doesn't look like blatant SAMing (all achievements in 2 minutes, unlocked out of order, low playtime, etc.), you should be okay. That said, I would not recommend a 20x EXP mod because iirc, there's level-based achievements that'll pop too close to each other.

One thing that does turn me off a little about the Playfire Rewards is that it makes you feel rushed to play through a game and not really enjoy it. If you're having to resort to mods to accomplish some of the achievements (like XP in Fallout:NV) then you're sadly going to miss out on a great experience. 

I'm not faulting anyone that does it, but I personally will not ruin a game I paid for just to make a few extra cents. My gripe, really, is the timed nature of the rewards and it probably only affects people that own a good portion of the games. 

I'm having a great time playing through LEGO Marvel (best one so far, imo) and I'm realizing that, after 6 hours of playtime, I'm still not going to get all of the achievements. But I'm definitely getting my money's worth in gameplay. I'm not sure how someone can be expected to get deep into games like Dishonored, Final Fantasy 7, BioShock 2, and Company of Heroes 2 in the span of a week. Maybe they just need to space out the really deep games a little more.

One thing that does turn me off a little about the Playfire Rewards is that it makes you feel rushed to play through a game and not really enjoy it. If you're having to resort to mods to accomplish some of the achievements (like XP in Fallout:NV) then you're sadly going to miss out on a great experience.

I'm not faulting anyone that does it, but I personally will not ruin a game I paid for just to make a few extra cents. My gripe, really, is the timed nature of the rewards and it probably only affects people that own a good portion of the games.

I'm having a great time playing through LEGO Marvel (best one so far, imo) and I'm realizing that, after 6 hours of playtime, I'm still not going to get all of the achievements. But I'm definitely getting my money's worth in gameplay. I'm not sure how someone can be expected to get deep into games like Dishonored, Final Fantasy 7, BioShock 2, and Company of Heroes 2 in the span of a week. Maybe they just need to space out the really deep games a little more.
I take that approach. If I feel it's going to ruin the experience I will pass on rushing through a game to get the rewards. I was strapped for time when the Outlast rewards came out and I didn't want to rush through it or play it with a guide just for the rewards so I passed on it. Murdered on the other hand I was able to both enjoy it like it was meant to be played and then go back and hunt for collectibles so t worked out great.

I've always considered the rewards to be somewhat tiered in a way to allow people with different playtimes/experiences in that game to get rewards. So if you've never played a game you could get maybe the first couple of rewards and if you already played it and unlocked achievements that would have gotten you those rewards you have the advantage of playing more and unlocking that third higher priced reward. I really do think that's how they have tried to set up the rewards, it's just difficult to implement that sort of system.

Are those March of War cheevos easy to get? Wondering if the 5gb dl is worth it or not. I got $4.01 in gmg bux now, yay

Available until Wednesday 18 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

The Thirty Nine Steps - play for the first time - £0.10
The Thirty Nine Steps - unlock An Unlikely Visit - £0.10
The Thirty Nine Steps - unlock Grave News - £0.25
The Thirty Nine Steps - unlock Masters of Disguise - £0.50
Got 4 of these in the key vault. Quote this or send me a PM if you want one. Takes about 15 minutes to get that first achievement...at which point I nearly passed out from boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back