Not open for further replies.

MinDRIoT

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (97%)
The Playfire Rewards BETA thread

BIENVENIDOS!

PlayFire

(Significant and bundled game rewards only)

move-along-nothing-to-see-here-4.png

Madjoki's PlayFire Steam Tool

Steamlessness PlayFire Tool

PlayFire FAQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh.

Playfire just dumped two days worth of rewards on me.

4 pounds...
sure it wasn't 4 courics

isn't that the measurement for shit?

I just had two out of three support tickets replied to today. Got my Dark Void Zero achievements added (not one of them tracked originally), and I got a reply to my GBP not converting up to USD ticket with this:

"Apologies for the delay in responding to your request. Our users have been very supportive of Playfire Rewards Beta, and all this activity has resulted in a small backlog in user requests to our support team. We are working hard to respond to all of our customers.

It would be very helpful if you were able to verify if your issue still persists and let us know accordingly.

It may take 24 hours for your rewards to appear on your account, we suggest all users log into their GMG account on a regular basis to ensure rewards are being transferred correctly. Logging into your GMG account prompts Playfire for an update, as long as they are linked correctly.

If your issue still persists after 24 hours, please let us know and we will look further into your particular issue. Otherwise, when replying to this ticket in Playfire support, you may tick the box "Please consider this issue resolved" to avoid any further messages.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Karl
"

I was groaning/rolling my eyes when I read it, because it didn't even address my problem, but I logged into Playfire and my $8.77 of credit was suddenly $14.25... So I guess the conversion problem is fixed?

Ironically, my oldest support ticket for my missing Chompy and Tower of Guns rewards is still sitting unanswered...
I finally got a response on mine and they even seem to have everything from pounds to dollars

Hello Count Burgula

Apologies for the delay in responding to your request. Our users have been very supportive of Playfire Rewards Beta, and all this activity has resulted in a small backlog in user requests to our support team. We are working hard to respond to all of our customers.

It would be very helpful if you were able to verify if your issue still persists and let us know accordingly.

It may take 24 hours for your rewards to appear on your account, we suggest all users log into their GMG account on a regular basis to ensure rewards are being transferred correctly. Logging into your GMG account prompts Playfire for an update, as long as they are linked correctly.

If your issue still persists after 24 hours, please let us know and we will look further into your particular issue. Otherwise, when replying to this ticket in Playfire support, you may tick the box "Please consider this issue resolved" to avoid any further messages.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Karl

glad to see they put much thought into their responses instead of just cut n pasting

also, Playfire should just take away the time limits and retroactively add achievements that were already done, then people wouldn't feel the need to use Sam and could get more of these legitamately.

Got 4 of these in the key vault. Quote this or send me a PM if you want one. Takes about 15 minutes to get that first achievement...at which point I nearly passed out from boredom.
Kind of silly how a game that features cards as a story-telling tool doesn't have Steam cards.

also, Playfire should just take away the time limits and retroactively add achievements that were already done, then people wouldn't feel the need to use Sam and could get more of these legitamately.
People who are lazy like me (or don't currently have a gaming rig) would still use SAM to get them because it requires zero effort. Would be nice to have credit apply to retroactive achievements, but they'd be giving out a lot of virtual money to inactive accounts. At least this way, people have to actively participate to earn.

Strangely enough, even with SAM and re-locking achievements, my account gets credited within 24 hours. But I only have a fraction of the games and haven't even hit $15 yet in rewards.

Welp.

Just bought Arkham Origins, the Season Pass, and Injustice. And Blackgate for the hell of it too.

Now watch Arkham Origins come out with a GOTY version within a week.

I also spent the past half-hour going through Murdered: Soul Suspect's data files to make a list of all the non-level specific collectibles and what level they're in. I'm missing four ghost drawings and three items from the museum which will have to wait until a second playthrough. I might publish this as a guide tomorrow since everyone is just reposting the same stupid maps they stole from the preorder guide without saying what goes where.

Incidentally, there is a -lot- of cut content in the game. There was a FIFTH investigation in the Asylum stage and a bunch of tutorials and some extra gameplay mechanics, including an alternate way to kill demons!

Anyone know how long it would take to do all of the bonus missions and get all of the stans-in-perils in Lego Marvel?

I just finished the story missions and currently have three achievements left to do for Playfire:

• LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Guardians of the Galaxy - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Menace of Magneto - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Stan-tastic - £0.50
Was curious if the effort was worth the 1.25 and if I had enough time.  Thanks for the help.

Anyone know how long it would take to do all of the bonus missions and get all of the stans-in-perils in Lego Marvel?

I just finished the story missions and currently have three achievements left to do for Playfire:

• LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Guardians of the Galaxy - £0.25
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Menace of Magneto - £0.50
  • LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes - unlock Stan-tastic - £0.50
Was curious if the effort was worth the 1.25 and if I had enough time. Thanks for the help.
Guardians of the Galaxy requires you to beat the game (15 levels) and then do the side-quests that unlock the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Menace of Magneto requires you to unlock Magneto (buy him, and his vehicle, after level 13).

Stan-tastic will take a LONG time. You have to save him in 50 levels... Don't bother.

EDIT: Oh, I misread your post. Looks like you have already done all 15 story missions. All that's left for you to do is unlock the Guardians of Galaxy with those sidequests, and then do the weird Magneto achievement (video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3meYQKQWA

Last day of sales is Codemasters and Rockstar games, aka boring.

The rewards for today should be decent at least.

Unfortunately, this is the last day ,so expect another few months of shitty sales with no worthwhile way to spend your pierat bucks. :whistle2:(

Last day of sales is Codemasters and Rockstar games, aka boring.

The rewards for today should be decent at least.

Unfortunately, this is the last day ,so expect another few months of shitty sales with no worthwhile way to spend your pierat bucks. :whistle2:(
I was under the impression based on two determining factors that there would be 8 days in totality:

They've yet to run Ubisoft/Nordic(?) publisher sales yet, unless I blanked them/not in the USA.

Their countdown thingy has filled in one box per day at a time; I'm no mathematician, but they have plenty room for one more box/day in that thing.

IFD_TIMER_Low-offer-box-Day7.jpg
<<<

None of this means they will logically continue this sale of course -- perhaps it's "art" to fill in a bar approximately 88% of the way -- I'm just flabbergasted that they would end with a Rockstar sale. I mean if they were going all out, they should have slipped Alan Wake, Magicka, et al in this "farewell to buying at GMG for the next few months" sale.

I was under the impression based on two determining factors that there would be 8 days in totality:

They've yet to run Ubisoft/Nordic(?) publisher sales yet, unless I blanked them/not in the USA.

Their countdown thingy has filled in one box per day at a time; I'm no mathematician, but they have plenty room for one more box/day in that thing.

<<<

None of this means they will logically continue this sale of course -- perhaps it's "art" to fill in a bar approximately 88% of the way -- I'm just flabbergasted that they would end with a Rockstar sale. I mean if they were going all out, they should have slipped Alan Wake, Magicka, et al in this "farewell to buying at GMG for the next few months" sale.
Below what you posted it says (right now):

TIME LEFT 0 Days 21:00:32

I think we're on the last day.

Guardians of the Galaxy requires you to beat the game (15 levels) and then do the side-quests that unlock the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Menace of Magneto requires you to unlock Magneto (buy him, and his vehicle, after level 13).

Stan-tastic will take a LONG time. You have to save him in 50 levels... Don't bother.

EDIT: Oh, I misread your post. Looks like you have already done all 15 story missions. All that's left for you to do is unlock the Guardians of Galaxy with those sidequests, and then do the weird Magneto achievement (video below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz3meYQKQWA
HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE GREAT MAGNETO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_gu4pfFeLQ

And look, more rewards for games I've never even touched! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee~

I.F.D. Rewards - Day 7

Available until Saturday 21 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Bully: Scholarship Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DiRT 3 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DiRT Showdown - play for the first time - £0.10
  • DiRT Showdown - unlock Pro - £0.10
  • DiRT Showdown - unlock Gonna Need a Bigger Garage - £0.25
  • DiRT Showdown - unlock Ego Boost - £0.50
  • F1 2013 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • F1 2013 - unlock The Heat is On - £0.10
  • F1 2013 - unlock Rule the Roost - £0.25
  • F1 2013 - unlock Online Addiction - £0.50
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - unlock Slipstream Expert - £0.10
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - unlock Causing Trouble - £0.25
  • F1 RACE STARS™ - unlock Around the World - £0.50
  • GRID 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • GRID 2 - unlock That New Showroom Smell - £0.10
  • GRID 2 - unlock Making My Way Down Town - £0.25
  • GRID 2 - unlock Vanishing Point - £0.50
  • GRID™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto III - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto IV - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - play for the first time - £0.10
  • L.A. Noire - play for the first time - £0.10
  • L.A. Noire - unlock Golden Boy - £0.10
  • L.A. Noire - unlock The Simple Art of Murder - £0.25
  • L.A. Noire - unlock The Moose - £0.50
  • Manhunt - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne 3 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Max Payne 3 - unlock Past The Point Of No Return - £0.10
  • Max Payne 3 - unlock The Only Choice Given - £0.25
  • Max Payne 3 - unlock Dearest Of All My Friends - £0.50
  • Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Operation Flashpoint: Red River - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Overlord II - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Overlord™ - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Overlord™: Raising Hell - play for the first time - £0.10
New Rewards
Available until Wednesday 18 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Fairy Tale Mysteries: The Puppet Thief - Collector's Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Final Slam 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - unlock Limbo - £0.10
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - unlock Lust - £0.25
  • Heileen2: The Hands Of Fate - unlock Wrath - £0.50
  • Ichi - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Martial Arts: Capoeira - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - unlock First steps - £0.10
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - unlock Some flies - £0.25
  • Spychameleon - RGB Agent - unlock Need for speed - £0.50
  • Whispered Legends: Tales of Middleport - play for the first time - £0.10

http://blog.playfire.com/2014/06/playfire-rewards-beta-ifd-day-7-special.html

Below what you posted it says (right now):

TIME LEFT 0 Days 21:00:32

I think we're on the last day.
Again, I may be wrong, but wasn't that counter always there listed with 0 days because it's related to the dailies? Or did I just stupidly miss the days part?

EDIT

Ultimately you're right if GMG is using zero-based numbering:

gmg.jpg

Since I don't seem to recall (if the first day was filled in or not, indicating Sale: Day 000), I guess we'll find out.

I kinda hope there's another sale/rewards tomorrow. I don't know why since I can't keep up as it is, but it's fun, fun to go insane playing through too many games at one time that is!

<<<

Ubi did have a sale but it wasn't in America. It was on day 6.

Also, the GMG blog has a counter, but unlike every other day it doesn't say "Until Day 8", there's nothing there (unlike yesterday when they had a countdown 'till Day 7).

Anyways, I'm digging all the play for the first time rewards today. And I'm excited that Spy Chameleon is releasing soon since I bought it on IndieGameStand. :mrgreen:

I was wondering if that last day would be a "best of" final day we see sometimes. Or maybe it's due to the conversion rate of British to US days.

I also spent the past half-hour going through Murdered: Soul Suspect's data files to make a list of all the non-level specific collectibles and what level they're in. I'm missing four ghost drawings and three items from the museum which will have to wait until a second playthrough. I might publish this as a guide tomorrow since everyone is just reposting the same stupid maps they stole from the preorder guide without saying what goes where.

Incidentally, there is a -lot- of cut content in the game. There was a FIFTH investigation in the Asylum stage and a bunch of tutorials and some extra gameplay mechanics, including an alternate way to kill demons!
I had to do a combination of things:

1. Open the scanned maps someone posted on the Steam Community guides.

2. Open some x-box achievements site where someone also posted the key letting me know what each item was

3. Use the youtube walkthroughs from one channel to find the last ones I was missing.

Those maps from the guide are actually missing 1 item and some of the other items are not in the correct place, so the youtube video is actually the best to find the missing ones.

The one map that is accurate is the last map. Using the last map you are able to tell how many of each collectible you should have before entering the last stage.

I would have welcomed a different way to kill demons. It's not that I minded the stealth approach, it was just poorly done and a lot of times I would be right behind a demon and the kill prompt wouldn't pop up unless I angled myself a certain way. It was sort of the same way with the Codex collectibles where you could be right in front of one, but it wouldn't prompt you to reveal unless you angled yourself correctly.

I had to do a combination of things:

1. Open the scanned maps someone posted on the Steam Community guides.

2. Open some x-box achievements site where someone also posted the key letting me know what each item was

3. Use the youtube walkthroughs from one channel to find the last ones I was missing.

Those maps from the guide are actually missing 1 item and some of the other items are not in the correct place, so the youtube video is actually the best to find the missing ones.

The one map that is accurate is the last map. Using the last map you are able to tell how many of each collectible you should have before entering the last stage.

I would have welcomed a different way to kill demons. It's not that I minded the stealth approach, it was just poorly done and a lot of times I would be right behind a demon and the kill prompt wouldn't pop up unless I angled myself a certain way. It was sort of the same way with the Codex collectibles where you could be right in front of one, but it wouldn't prompt you to reveal unless you angled yourself correctly.
Shoulda bought a Prima Guide. ;)

I hate that we have two GMG threads now.  Not sure whether to post here or the other one, but because this seems to get more traffic:

Can someone please explain to me whether it's worth the extra 4 bucks for F1 2013 Classic Edition versus vanilla? Chances are I'll never play either (just like every other racing game I own, sigh), but I've been wanting a good F1 game in my collection for a while and it sounds like Classic has a lot of extra content.  Only problem is I'm about 90 cents short on credit.  Need those rewards from the last two days to flip...

12 Jun '14 You played Eets Munchies for the first time! £0.10

12 Jun '14 You played Age of Mythology EX for the first time! £0.10

12 Jun '14 You played MeltDown for the first time! £0.10

12 Jun '14 You played BIT.TRIP BEAT for the first time!  £0.10

Always fun to get rewards you didn't know even exist. :D

Playfire working fine for me.

Heads up for the Murdered rewards.  The last one for competing the entire game is supposed to give you .50 in rewards, but it only lists .05 on my page so might have to email them about it.  

Playfire working fine for me.

Heads up for the Murdered rewards. The last one for competing the entire game is supposed to give you .50 in rewards, but it only lists .05 on my page so might have to email them about it.
Same for me

Too bad I didn't do first plays yesterday as they was double credited only one for me :(.

Maybe related to above?

12 Jun '14 You played Reversion - The Escape for the first time! £0.10
12 Jun '14 You played Reversion - The Escape for the first time! £0.10

https://forums.playfire.com/suggestions-feedback/thread/119651?page=104#post-4007343

"Sorry for giving free credit."

So many games being run for the first time, yippee.

Oddly though, I'm sure that I've played Overlord 1 before - but that must've been before Steam started tracking your gametime.

Oddly though, I'm sure that I've played Overlord 1 before - but that must've been before Steam started tracking your gametime.
I'm seeing that as well. There are a few games that I know for sure I've played and Steam shows no playtime. I'm hoping Playfire agrees when I "play it for the first time" again.

If anyone feels like playing some MP3MP, add me on Steam. Haven't tried it yet, but all you have to do for this one is kill someone on your friendslist.
Just a heads up about this one: From what I've been reading, this achievement won't work in a private game, only a public game. So you'll have to join/create a public game and then invite your friend over, and in order to invite someone, they have to be on your Rockstar Social Club friends list as well.

Pretty sure they call that DLC.
Nope, this was cut from the game completely. Every item in the game is referenced somewhere, except for these lines.

I honestly doubt there's anything other than the text leftover. I hope I'm wrong, though. I'd love to take a peek at the audio files for the game.

Just a heads up about this one: From what I've been reading, this achievement won't work in a private game, only a public game. So you'll have to join/create a public game and then invite your friend over, and in order to invite someone, they have to be on your Rockstar Social Club friends list as well.
That may be why it's a .50 reward. Is there also an achievement for successfully navigating multiple layers of DRM and still being able to play your game?

I'm not sure this needs a guide, but I wound up getting all the Lego Lord of the Rings achievementsl so I figured I type something up real quick (if only to show they're all really easy):

d14b88a30d2e5c5678df5d3aa4f98b13b07f1c93.jpg
Great! ...Where are we going?

Form the fellowship of the ring at Rivendell, about 3 levels into the story.

8fed4d0bd9e884f20196408ae6441c7ef1a1155a.jpg
The long way around.

Finish "The Pass of Caradhras" level, which immediately follows you leaving Rivendell.

474a45bd00099b1349546b5772d2a37328aad995.jpg
It's gone.

Finish the final story mission, Mount Doom.

a6e47ac91e70ef52255a18558d5845abb6fcb071.jpg
 Of all the inquisitive Hobbits.

This requires you to find all the map stones in the game, which sounds like it might be time consuming but they all appear on your map as you complete the story. Just finish all the story levels then fast travel and activate all the stones and it should unlock.

f9d238779b0c1b7802c602f12f06e7834f3c4fd7.jpg
One does not simply...
This requires you to simply walk into Mordor, which you can do by either by walking through Shelob's Lair or The Black Gate. The former you can do sooner.

bee90105e94da499fe17205eeab67c9ef1c35ed8.jpg
... And away he goes, Precious!

As soon as you unlock Gollem as a playable character (which you do after the level "Osgiliath" around 2/3 of the way through the game), start a level in free play and switch both characters to him. Kill one with the other and the achievement should pop.

So yeah, really simple, it's mostly a matter of playing through the game far enough to unlock the stuff needed to do the non story achievements (it should take you about 8h to complete the story levels if you rush through them and don't diverge to side stuff).

So yeah, spent the last half hour trying to get Max Payne 3 running again, because I apparently broke it somehow.  Finally got into a multiplayer match, died 3 times, each approximately 5 seconds after spawning.  fuck you, playfire, I don't want your fake money.

I'm not sure this needs a guide, but I wound up getting all the Lego Lord of the Rings achievementsl so I figured I type something up real quick (if only to show they're all really easy):
Thanks a lot for that!

I just realized, thanks to your post, that there are more LEGO LoTR rewards. I'm going to be out of town for a couple of days, so I sort of resigned myself to getting the first two and nothing more. Now I'll be able to fniish it up when I get back.

How was the game, by the way? I'm loving the hell out of LEGO Marvel and it's kind of rekindled my appreciation of the LEGO games (didn't care much for Harry Potter 5-7 and it soured me on the series).

How was the game, by the way? I'm loving the hell out of LEGO Marvel and it's kind of rekindled my appreciation of the LEGO games (didn't care much for Harry Potter 5-7 and it soured me on the series).
It's a Lego game, so by default I loved it, but compared to stuff like Marvel or Batman 2 it's not nearly as impressive. If you already like LotR you should definitely enjoy it, but as a darker property than the super hero (or even Harry Potter) stuff it doesn't have nearly the same sort of charm or as much humor as those games do. The color palette is also rather bland, with a lot of brown and black instead of the vibrancy found in most of the other Lego games.

If you like LotR it's definitely worth playing, but if you aren't infatuated with the Lego formula and just want to play one it wouldn't be my first choice.

I was wondering if that last day would be a "best of" final day we see sometimes. Or maybe it's due to the conversion rate of British to US days.
Good show, friendo, you're correct.

Weird thing being about this encore sale however is we seem to be missing certain publishers again that were apart of the original week (like, off the top of my head, Microsoft/WB). Not sure what that's all about.

Encore sale/repeats today. Says Day 1, so I assume we're probably getting one or two more days of these until the usual weekly sale starts.

Since they're all repeats and it's Friday, I don't think they're going to be adding any more Playfire rewards either, so just focus on the games you already have.

Good show, friendo, you're correct.

Weird thing being about this encore sale however is we seem to be missing certain publishers again that were apart of the original week (like, off the top of my head, Microsoft/WB). Not sure what that's all about.
It's only day 1. WB and Microsoft were towards the end of the week, while Encore Day 1 is composed of deals early in the week, so I imagine they'll be included in encore day 2.

So...really weird, but I can't add anything to my cart without getting this:

Sorry. We're currently processing your order. At this time you will be unable to purchase any more games.
That's when I'm logged in. If I'm logged out it adds things fine...but when I go through the checkout process and try to add either my 25% or the general %15 voucher code, I get "Unable to add voucher." Anybody having better luck?

New rewards:

Available until Thursday 19 June, 2014 @ 23:59 UTC:

• Dungeon of Elements - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Dungeon of Elements - unlock One Does Not Simply - £0.10
  • Dungeon of Elements - unlock Boom Master - £0.25
  • Dungeon of Elements - unlock My Precious - £0.50
  • Probability 0 - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - unlock Conqueror - £0.10
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - unlock Colonel - £0.25
  • Rise of Nations: Extended Edition - unlock Science Nerd - £0.50
  • Secret Ponchos - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Space Run - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spintires - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Spintires - unlock SISYPHUS - £0.10
  • Spintires - unlock THE ROLL OVER - £0.25
  • Spintires - unlock STUDENT DRIVER - £0.50
  • Tex Murphy: Martian Memorandum - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: Mean Streets - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: Overseer - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon - play for the first time - £0.10
  • Viktor - play for the first time - £0.10
  • World of Subways 2 – Berlin Line 7 - play for the first time - £0.10

Looks like there may be an issue with my account. When I use an alt GMG account I can add things to my basket just fine. The voucher doesn't work on the other account, either, though. Hm.

Emailed GMG support. Hopefully they can get that figured out.

Looks like there may be an issue with my account. When I use an alt GMG account I can add things to my basket just fine. The voucher doesn't work on the other account, either, though. Hm.

Emailed GMG support. Hopefully they can get that figured out.
I hope you managed to use all of your credit, sounds like they're onto you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back