[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

I just knew checking every day and waiting until the counter was down to a couple minutes before seeing it extended would pay off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think they intended not to have one but they are just so desperate that they can't help themselves.

Be warned it warned that they only had 'several thousand' left so if there's a lot of mass group buying being done they could yank it before the end of the countdown.

I don't know why they bother with a countdown at all honestly except to try to trick people into buying sooner rather than later. Except we're all onto them anyway.

Yep, I definitely feel a bit bad for telling people there wouldn't be one, but it really didn't seem like it.  But now you can't really trust them about anything. 

They only have 20000 bundles apparently so they are almost out. 

How many HH's has that been on Capsule now? A half dozen?

Enough already! We need a HH on the Supreme Bundle!

Oh YAAAAYYYYY!!!!! Been holding out on Capsule all this time for this. I really wanted this bundle too, and almost caved at $4 last night. Luckily, IG blinked first.

Does anyone have a spare Capsule HH? I looked into hosting but apparently it's meant for people that bought during the first week, at least to get the maximum discount...

Does anyone have a spare Capsule HH? I looked into hosting but apparently it's meant for people that bought during the first week, at least to get the maximum discount...
It's always like that. You're better off just getting it from an experienced group buyer if you're not familiar with all their stipulations and hoops to jump through. It's just easier.

This time around they surprised everyone with this Happy Hour, probably surprised themselves even. I don't know if the usual group buyers had time to get in enough for all the demand before it sold out.

If IndieGala had a rep here, I would feel so terrible for them.

Hell, even the one on /r/gamedeals probably reads all the complaints they have against IndieGala. Must be a terrible job.

I would expect an IG rep here to ignore everything while being awkwardly polite.
That's pretty much what he does at Reddit.

People get really pissed off there at him too because he posts Gala store deals that are basically the same indie games that have been sale a million times before. Except some people on Reddit get really outraged and indignant that IG is posting those sales and call it spam.

thanks again indiegala for making feel the joy of being a dumbass for buying this before happy hour.

fuck your psychological mind games.  #indiegaladumbassery

This is what happens when Indie Gala meets Capsule.  :shame:

ethics-v-compliance.gif

What a shit bundle. I'm only missing Doorways, Not the Robots, and Unhack. Unless the bonuses are any good, this one may not even be worth happy hour price.

Ugh, too many repeats. I'm only missing Doorways and Unhack. There also seem to be no gift bonuses listed..
https://www.indiegala.com/main

"realAvg": "3.55",
"amount": "799.71",
"purchase": "225",
"top_contribute": "9.0",
"top_contributor": "Anonymous",
"top_contribute_weekly": "1676.0",
"top_contributor_weekly": "Anonymous",
"avggift_2": "7.13",
"avggift_3": "10.70",
"avggift_4": "14.08",
"avggift_5": "17.19",
"top_contributors": "Anonymous$9.00Jase$7.00Radjah$6.60Anonymous$6.00Jurica$5.60Anonymous$5.00Anonymous$4.50Anonymous$4.00Anonymous$4.00Anonymous$4.00",
"top_contributors_weekly": "Anonymous$1676.00Anonymous$544.50TNXGPX$453.94Tom$340.09Anonymous$287.00Jurica$169.39Anonymous$161.67tourette$160.00@ZerialNet$147.41Frederick J Grieser$137.32",
"top_friends": "Anonymous2LC1r1cucina1dolci1Manueluis1Anonymous1sss1Jurica1Michael Kevin1",
"top_charity": "Anonymous$0.45Jase$0.35Radjah$0.33Anonymous$0.30Jurica$0.28Anonymous$0.22Anonymous$0.20Anonymous$0.20Anonymous$0.20duet nonet$0.20",
"soglia_bonus": "1.0"

Perhaps they still work, but not just showed.

Pay 7.13 for 2

10.70 for 3

14.08 for 4

17.19 for 5

Top Contributed: Anonymous $9.00

Top Gifters: Anonymous 2

I only have Huntsman, but still looks like shit.

I know the bundle tiers didn't match up earlier on the Rise of Flight HH.   I got more bundles then the advertised gift tiers.   

How exactly are you seeing this?  I'm not seeing any of this when I pull up the source code of the site.   I actually see:

if (amnt>1.90*avg) {
$( "#gift2" ).show();}

if (amnt>2.85*avg) {
$( "#gift3" ).show();}

if (amnt>3.75*avg) {
$( "#gift4" ).show();}

if (amnt>4.58*avg) {
$( "#gift5" ).show();

Which mainly just shows how poor the bundle prices are.  
To get 5 you have to pay 4.58x the average price, saving just 42% off of 1 bundle when you buy 5.  Pretty horrible bundle savings IMO.

I retract my previous statement regarding the missing of expired bundles.

Who the fuck keeps letting these jerks "arrange bundles?"
How else do you expect them to sell games? lol...no one will buy them otherwise.

I wasn't talking about unlocks. I'm talking about gift bonuses (as in getting more gifts depending on how much you pay).
Ah, yeah, I'm thinking they might do it like last time with the Capsule bundle. Meaning PITA buying one bundle at a time for HH.

I know the bundle tiers didn't match up earlier on the Rise of Flight HH. I got more bundles then the advertised gift tiers.

How exactly are you seeing this? I'm not seeing any of this when I pull up the source code of the site. I actually see:

if (amnt>1.90*avg) {
$( "#gift2" ).show();}

if (amnt>2.85*avg) {
$( "#gift3" ).show();}

if (amnt>3.75*avg) {
$( "#gift4" ).show();}

if (amnt>4.58*avg) {
$( "#gift5" ).show();

Which mainly just shows how poor the bundle prices are.
To get 5 you have to pay 4.58x the average price, saving just 42% off of 1 bundle when you buy 5. Pretty horrible bundle savings IMO.
It's actually reading these runtime from https://www.indiegala.com/counter

How else do you expect them to sell games? lol...no one will buy them otherwise.

Ah, yeah, I'm thinking they might do it like last time with the Capsule bundle. Meaning PITA buying one bundle at a time for HH.
At this point, I'm just counting on getting trolled by IG. But I only want Doorways anyway, so I'll just sniff around the trade thread and save $0.75 on the inevitable HH.

It's going to have to be cheap... I'm not going to pay too much for this little gem.

Not The Robots is this year’s most exciting Roguelike Stealth Furniture Eating Simulator. It’s a game with random levels, permadeath, and the goal of eating furniture. Same furniture is also your stealth cover. 

It's going to have to be cheap... I'm not going to pay too much for this little gem.

Not The Robots is this year’s most exciting Roguelike Stealth Furniture Eating Simulator. It’s a game with random levels, permadeath, and the goal of eating furniture. Same furniture is also your stealth cover.
Sounds pretty awesome. I am not very excited for this bundle....though UNHACK is likely the one I actually really want.

I want both the current IG bundles but I'm not falling for this 'special intro price' crap this time. Once bitten twice shy n stuff.

You only have yourselves to blame IG, us cats have long memories. Longer memories than ... uhm ... what're those big grey animals with great big ears, tusks and penises for noses called again?

bread's done
Back