[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

That's a nice bundle for people who only own half of it.  I'm a little undecided needing only Lococycle and Collateral.  I'll probably bite, because racing games.

RACE Injection is a sim racer fyi.

Edit:  I blinked once I realized Collateral was already greenlit, so steam key impending.  Two racing games for $2 is just enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you hover the Tiny Mix tab, you can see that it links to indiegala.com/main. :p
Yup, that's what I told someone the other night when they asked me if it was a weekly or not. But you never know with Gala.

Now live:

Monday Bundle - $1.99 (for no specific amount of time)

• Collateral
  • LocoCycle
  • Metal Drift
  • Race Injection
  • Zero Gear
  • Ignite
Sweet, I own none of these and one of them is from the first Clash of the Worlds bundle I missed.

In for 1. I'm glad Gala learned their lesson from last week's shitty Monday bundle. I'm surprised there wasn't a Crystal game this week, did the Gala coordinator go to rehab after the shitty sales last week?

As for Lococycle, the console version is Twisted Pixel's worst game yet. I'm kind of hoping it'll be better on PC, but even if it isn't, I can live with the price. Since it's a MS-published game, it's a bit of a shock (especially to deal with shady Gala), but I guess MS is desperate to get sales on it.

Here's hoping more MS-published games get bundled.

Collateral's a Desura key, but since it's Greenlit, we're pretty much pretending we're buying a Steam key, right?

I seriously doubt that this XBLA game is 15GB o_O.. i thought M$ has a 2Gb restriction
Silly rabbit, this is PC, not Xbox.

S9g1Sc2.png

I seriously doubt that this XBLA game is 15GB o_O.. i thought M$ has a 2Gb restriction
Could be that they lowered the movie quality to fit with the 2gb restriction on Xbox, but included the original quality movies in the PC version.

You're right, but it's still pretty big, at least on 360.

It's so big that in order to play it on 360, you have to download a free 2 GB "DLC" to get it to run. -> http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Datapack/9d1b6c12-7180-414e-9713-1a920b591287

The game itself is 2GB, so add the 2GB "DLC", and whatever patches they have, and there you go.

Could be that they lowered the movie quality to fit with the 2gb restriction on Xbox, but included the original quality movies in the PC version.
Correct. The shitty quality of the cutscenes is part of why it got so much flak on release.

Lococycle was an xbone launch game, the size isn't that surprising.

What is surprising is that anybody would want to play it, since it looks like hot trash.

Lococycle was an xbone launch game, the size isn't that surprising.

What is surprising is that anybody would want to play it, since it looks like hot trash.
Only Lococycle features the next-gen power (and POTENTIAL) of the Xbox One!!!

FMVs are totally RAD & next-gen!

Did I mention TV! TV! TV! :D/

Only Lococycle features the next-gen power (and POTENTIAL) of the Xbox One!!!

FMVs are totally RAD & next-gen!

Did I mention TV! TV! TV! :D/
Sounds delightful. Tell me, sir, does this next-generation device also feature shports and calladoody? Because if so I am utterly prepared to pay a reasonable price for it!

You know, I actually enjoyed Twisted Pixel's other games.  Not sure what went wrong with LocoCycle but it doesn't look as good as 'Splosion Man, The Maw, or Comic Jumper.  Even The Gunstringer was fairly decent. 

That being said, I am weak and bought the bundle for Collateral, LocoCycle, and Zero Gear.

You know, I actually enjoyed Twisted Pixel's other games. Not sure what went wrong with LocoCycle but it doesn't look as good as 'Splosion Man, The Maw, or Comic Jumper. Even The Gunstringer was fairly decent.

That being said, I am weak and bought the bundle for Collateral, LocoCycle, and Zero Gear.
I enjoyed Splosion Man/Ms. Splosion Man, Gunstringer and the Maw a good deal. Comic Jumper was alright, I enjoyed it more than most people did based on reviews I've read, but it was definitely the odd one out in terms of quality, imo. Until LocoCycle, that is. :p

It also took me ages to get Comic Jumper on the cheap (part of the $20 Xbox Live experience pack or whatever the fuck it was) compared to Twisted Pixel's other games, so that probably had something to do with my enjoyment (as well as having someone by me while I played who thought it was funny). The worst part of that game was that my OCD made me not wanna put it down until I finished the hard-as-balls challenges (which I think I finally did after taking a several month break from it). Seriously, those challenges kick your ass unless you memorize them.

Millenium: A New Hope Steam keys were added to the Indie Gala January bundle's keys page (don't think you can activate through Desura).  Good luck finding the email for the gift link (mine was received January 27).

Millenium: A New Hope Steam keys were added to the Indie Gala January bundle's keys page (don't think you can activate through Desura). Good luck finding the email for the gift link (mine was received January 27).
Pfft' You mean you don't have a separate folder in your e-mail for Gift Links? #FakeCAG :p

New Indie Gala - Steam Greenlight Bundle - $1.00 for 48 hours

• The Girl & The Robot (Desura) (Greenlit)
  • Inescapable (Desura) (Greenlit)
  • Loot Hero (Desura) (Greenlit)
  • Deep Eclipse (Desura) (Greenlight)
  • Frederic: Resurrection of Music (Desura) (Greenlight)
  • Hunter's Trophy 2 - America (Desura) (Greenlight)
  • Rush for Glory (Desura) (Greenlight)
  • Sinister City (Desura) (Greenlight)
Timer on the site doesn't mention a price increase. I think it's fair to assume it's just gonna be a short bundle.

That's not a bad bundle though for $1, especially since 3 are already greenlit.

bread's done
Back