[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

I'm not sure that the wording disallows sales or at least bundles on other sites. It could instead refer to having it regularly priced lower on non-Steam stores than on Steam. Maybe.
I agree; it's hard to say how that should be interpreted, but one thing you can be sure of is that if Shifty's take is correct, Valve will suddenly and precipitously yank stuff from Steam rather than issue a policy clarification notice.

They are trying to bully people into not participating in bundling. Do you really expect devs to say "oh, well I guess our game is .25 cents right now in a bundle, let's go ahead and lower our Steam price to .25 cents?"

It's a stupid policy only because they allow EA games to go on sale on their very own site, so does this mean devs should be expected to refund the difference to buyers every time there is a sale?

It's not unexpected for Steam to try to reign in the bundling, but it is what it is, a bully in the market trying to flex its muscle and get its way.
valve gone worse firstt it was their dumbass monkey farts tading policy change that doenst help or hurt much and now ea games force to not bundle when their sale suck they need some money

Who, the cards?
mns ffruity nuts yo

Last edited by a moderator:
IndieGala seems to be being inspired by Humble's Yogcast bundles ...

The Feudal Resistance Bundle

Bionic Heart

Bedlam

Life is Feudal and

Unrest

for $23.99?!?!?

It's sold a whopping 0 bundles already.
That's before the price increases! Hurry!

Capture.jpg

Quick math note for the numerically challenged:

"Full Price" is $24 + $61 = $85

So this "bundle" is effectively a 24/85 = 72% off sale (assuming you want it all)

Screen_shot_2014_12_06_at_3_24_47_PM.png

Somewhere out there, 225 people struggle every day to remember how to breathe. Your donation helps us bring a much deserved [customspoiler=end]
bloody_knife_by_moonglowlilly-d5ttxxt.png
[/customspoiler] to their suffering.

... what the crap. Didn't Valve say they didn't want Early Access games bundled anymore?

And this includes Nom Nom Galaxy - has the game sold that few copies?

I'd like to go in a group buy, btw.

Didn't Valve say they didn't want Early Access games bundled anymore?
No, they said only that price at steam can't be higher than anywhere else.

"4. Don't overcharge Steam customers.

We expect Steam customers to get a price for the Early Access game no higher than they are offered on any other service or website. Please make sure that’s the case."

We expect Steam customers to get a price for the Early Access game no higher than they are offered on any other service or website. Please make sure that’s the case."
Which means at most, the early access games from the bundle should cost $1.89 on Steam..

I wonder how long this'll last before Valve takes action

My mistake.

I remember when this place was flooded with people to group buy from, now it is hit or miss. Just paid the $1.89 for this because I didn't have any of the games but would have liked to save a few cents because I am a CAG.

Which means at most, the early access games from the bundle should cost $1.89 on Steam..

I wonder how long this'll last before Valve takes action
It's not the first time this issue has come up. It's possible that they're interpreting this language to mean that it applies to when the games are on sale through a regular outlet like any other kind of digital store. Valve rarely takes pains to clarify broad language in any of its declarations, so I really don't know what if any response this sort of thing would generate.

However, if that really is what they meant, it's not going to make any of the folks who were complaining about the Interstellar Marines debacle and similar episodes very happy. It won't resolve their issues at all.

Friday bundle is on HH!

Well, apparently they agree this Friday bundle is not so hot :) Anyone hosting the Friday bundle HH?
Anyone know how the HHs work with these bundles? Whether it's two or four times for purchasers who bought on the first day for the minimum price? Their little popup mentions $2.5 and beating the second tier price, so I'm hesitant to go in blind in case it's only 2x gifts.

I remember when this place was flooded with people to group buy from, now it is hit or miss. Just paid the $1.89 for this because I didn't have any of the games but would have liked to save a few cents because I am a CAG.
I stopped group buying the Monday/Friday bundles after the last two (B29 & B31) left me with ~$10 worth of bundles that I can't sell.

What is the group buy price on the Monday bundle anyway? I might just buy directly from IG if the savings are negligible compared to the hassle of finding a host.

What is the group buy price on the Monday bundle anyway? I might just buy directly from IG if the savings are negligible compared to the hassle of finding a host.
It would be $1.61. I'm willing to host if there are four other people (including yourself) who commit to buying before I buy the 5 pack. (I don't mind hosting, but I do mind losing money because buyers don't turn up.)

It would be $1.61. I'm willing to host if there are four other people (including yourself) who commit to buying before I buy the 5 pack. (I don't mind hosting, but I do mind losing money because buyers don't turn up.)
Well put me down for one, hopefully we can scrounge up a couple more people.

EDIT: I think Neuropod and slidecage expressed interest, can we get a confirmation on that?

You can count me in for one slot in a group buy. :)

bread's done
Back