[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Hmm. it looks like there are a number of non-repeats, and most of the rest were from so-so bundles/tiers.
reddit-thats-not-how-this-works.jpg

TL;DR: Best bundle in several months, and will be worth it for Venetica alone whenever happy hour arrives. IG just killed it.
Whew. Thankfully I Gilbyed grabbing About Love, Hate, Whatever in a recent Steam sale.

I am down for a HH slot on this bundle.

Well, this is a treat. I only have 2 of the games War, The Game (from WGN) and Journey Down Ch. 1 (from one of the million bundles it was in).

I usually don't like hosting two bundles at once, but I'll make an exception on this one. PM me for a slot or post in the appropriate BGCQ thread when I update it in a bit.

Now to hope The Next Big Thing and Yesterday get bundled (apparently neither has been yet).

Edit: If you want a spot, PM me or use the BGCQ thread. That's the only way you get one.

I'll also take reserves for Hump Day 3 now as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone who wants to reserve a bundle from a happy hour group buy: you're better off PMing your preferred host. Posts in this thread are likely to be missed or ignored by Bobby and myself.

If you don't know who to chose, there are two regular hosts: Bobby and I. I host the vast majority of IG bundles, and Bobby hosts a fair few. There are also a few others who host occasionally, so if you don't like either of us, there are other options (usually only for the better bundles, though.)

EDIT: Think I should add that Monday bundles don't usually have happy hours. In fact, I'm not sure if they ever have (I think there was one early on, but I'm not certain about that.)

I'll be in for a HH for Mega Bundle... and Hump Day 3 (and 2 if anyone still has it)
and Evoland too!

Since no one else pointed it out, Indie Gala never did give the correct keys for Pahelika Revelations HD for the Friday Bundle #5. I wrote Ironcode (the developers) a little over a month ago after waiting several weeks but nothing (previously keys were incorrectly posted for the other Pahelika game but at the time they promised to let everyone keep those and still give keys for Revelations later).

Indie Gala ignored me as usual but Ironcode wrote back claiming they would give the keys. Only they never did.

Now Indie Gala bundles it again with Steam keys even though they never gave the correct Steam keys for it owners of the last bundle it was in. Shady.
I alluded to it!

Indie Gala Adventure Mega bundle is live

$1:

The Journey Down Chapter 1

Runaway The Dream of The Turtle

$3.99:

Eidolon

The Last Tinker City of Colors

About Love Hates and the Other Ones

Runaway Twist of Fate

Runaway A Road Adventure

Venetica Gold Edition

War the Game

Mushroom Men Truffle Trouble

The Journey Down Chapter 2

TL;DR: Best bundle in several months, and will be worth it for Venetica alone whenever happy hour arrives. IG just killed it.
Most of us have Stockholm. I'm getting in on someone's HH anysways.

Indie Gala Adventure Mega bundle is live

$1:

The Journey Down Chapter 1

Runaway The Dream of The Turtle

$3.99:

Eidolon

The Last Tinker City of Colors

About Love Hates and the Other Ones

Runaway Twist of Fate

Runaway A Road Adventure

Venetica Gold Edition

War the Game

Mushroom Men Truffle Trouble

The Journey Down Chapter 2

have any of you completed any of these games? I only recognized Venetica and that's thanks to Gamestop's "free" rental. It was quite plain, considering there are much better options out there to waste your time on.

have any of you completed any of these games? I only recognized Venetica and that's thanks to Gamestop's "free" rental. It was quite plain, considering there are much better options out there to waste your time on.
A friend of mine who's really into adventure games said the Runaway games are pretty good. She's always bugging me to get them.

I just started Venetica. It's alright so far, but the optimization is not very good. Did you try out the console version? Console versions of some of these European RPGs tend to be very poorly optimized. The difference between RIsen on PC and the Xbox 360 version is massive, and reviews indicate this to be true with Venetica as well.

Interesting bundle.

I only own Runaway series on Steam - bought them a bit ago from BundleStars.

I have Venetica PC from Retail, but not on Steam though.

A friend of mine who's really into adventure games said the Runaway games are pretty good. She's always bugging me to get them.
What I played of Runaway A Road Adventure was pretty good, usual point and click puzzle stuff and so forth. Just never really got back around to playing it, but was a game I'd probably play and finish some day.

Guess I should have ycs'd that. I was more referring to the alternative spelling of labor. I'll be leaving now as I have to colour my hair my hair as I'm off to the theatre to watch some mediaeval movie that has horses in armour.
Sheesh, what a half-arsed attempt. For a movie-orientated story, you sure overlooked a tonne of differences. Why settle on a medieval tale, when action would be a far cosier fit: it could be a semi-humourous narrative about a young programmer and his work. It could begin as follows:

While flying over the centre of an abandoned dyke in a tiny private aluminium-skinned aeroplane, the son is shown explaining his latest project to his mum, while shoving doughnuts into his mouth. It sounds like boring work - he has been writing automation programme for a small smelting operation - but it obviously delivers a fat pay cheque. The camera cuts to a smelter, where molten aluminium is slowly overflowing from a series of moulds, forming a glowing trail across the factory floor. Cut back to a shot of the son (now stuffing his face with strawberry yoghurt) and his grey-haired mother, before another cut back to the factory, where we see where the glowing trail is heading: a large pile of comical red barrels labelled nitroglycerine. Yet another cut, back to the son (now eating a chilli pepper), before an explosion sends a big object through the wing of the plane. The plane nosedives. We see the altitude gauge spinning ridiculously, before the camera pans to the son's omlette-covered face, which has now turned the colour of sulphur. "At least this is better than being trampled to death at a football match in England." The plane crashes. Ten seconds later it explodes.

"Ten years, five months, twenty eight days, fourteen hours, three minutes later...."

"Please, miss... just a titbit for a poor little boy."

I doubt anyone is going to buy the Adventure bundle for Mushroom Men, but since it seems to be one of the more overlooked games I decided to try it for a few hours.

It's basically a sidescroller version of Catherine. You have a giant fugly princess chasing after you that wants to make babies with you and eat you at the same time, and you have to position blocks correctly in order to race to the end of the level while trying to collect spores and avoid/kill enemies in the process.

The puzzles are fairly well designed, and the graphics get the job done.. but my god is the platforming terrible. It's too easy to fall off, and later on it gets worse when they introduce ice that you slide across. There are no checkpoints, which adds to the frustration. Expect to die a lot and have to restart levels. The good thing is that you'll probably memorize all of the puzzles after dying a few times, so it's not too much of an issue.

If I had to rate it, I think I'd give the puzzles a 7 and the platforming a 5/10. If you can get used to the platforming mechanics and liked the gameplay in Catherine, I'd suggest giving the game a try.

liked the gameplay in Catherine
Let's be honest, nobody played Catherine for the gameplay. It was a lonely nerd game where you got to cheat on your hot girlfriend, which is at least twice as many girls as its target audience has ever talked to. ;)

Mushroom Men sounds much better. Running from fugly women is much more relatable than cheating on hot blondes. ;)

Let's be honest, nobody played Catherine for the gameplay. It was a lonely nerd game where you got to cheat on your hot girlfriend, which is at least twice as many girls as its target audience has ever talked to. ;)

Mushroom Men sounds much better. Running from fugly women is much more relatable than cheating on hot blondes. ;)
what's Catherine? some indie herp derp?

I played and beat the first Runaway game some years back. It was solid.

New IG Monday.

Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner

Stay Alight

Tales of the Orient The Rising Sun

The Falling Sun

TownCraft

Hospital Manager

I think only Tales of the Orient is a repeat

I actually bought this one. That makes two in a row for me for IG with somewhat decent games (maybe not GotY but not Poopees level either) that weren't all a bunch of repeats.

Tales of the Orient btw is decent if you like Match 3 and just want something low key to play in short bursts. I mean it's Big Fish Granny-ish of course, but decent for what it is.

I go back to it a lot when I get in my 'I want to play something but don't know what to play and everything I look at isn't interesting me right now' moods. :p

Insta-buy on the new bundle. Plenty of cards, some decent games, few repeats, and a cheap entry price that is static for 24 hours make me very happy.

Group buys for Every Monday 58 are $1.61 Paypal or Amazon GC per person. PM me if you're interested!

Indiegala bundles are getting poorer and poorer in quality. The Falling Sun could be neat after EA and Stay Alight looks quirky....just not enough exciting there and i'm getting really tired of HoG games singularly in bundles. A bundle of all HoGs for cheap is alright, but they're clogging a lot of other bundles.

Indiegala bundles are getting poorer and poorer in quality. The Falling Sun could be neat after EA and Stay Alight looks quirky....just not enough exciting there and i'm getting really tired of HoG games singularly in bundles. A bundle of all HoGs for cheap is alright, but they're clogging a lot of other bundles.
I find the opposite to be true. They have less repeats than ever before, and more games I'm interested in.

Indie Gala Monday bundle (Stay Alight, TownCraft, The Falling Sun, and more) for $1.89

Night Mysteries: The Amphora Prisoner 88% positive reviews on steam

Stay Alight                                                   93% positive reviews on steam

Tales of the Orient: The Rising Sun         80% positive reviews on steam

The Falling Sun                                          75% positive reviews on steam 

TownCraft                                                   60% positive reviews on steam

Hospital Manager                                      55% positive reviews on steam

Usually there are a group of you fighting for our money now we can't get one person to host IG Evoland HH? For shame, where is Cheaplikeafox when you need him.

bread's done
Back