Peggle is 99 cents on iPod Touch/iPhone

:( I can't download it without a wifi connection. And here I thought my work night became awesome.

Edit: Got home and picked it up. It's the Peggle I know and love. I guess it was a blessing in disguise, otherwise I'd probably have been fired for not doing any work..

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw this. I agree that this is such a great deal that it deserves its own thread. I bought it at $5 but since I played it so much before this deal I don't really regret getting it. Everyone with a iPhone/iPod touch should get this at this price.

Ah, why not? My daughter just spent $20 of our shared iTunes money on stupid songs. I think I can splurge on this ;).

Lol I was coming to post this. :)

I just downloaded itunes and was browsing for the first time ever and saw this deal. It expires June 14th at midnight the site says. To bad I don't get my 3GS till next friday..

I've got the 360 version and the pc version but for a buck it's a no brainer!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. Downloading now.

Up until it hit XBLA I had never played it. Now I own the XBLA version, iPhone & DS versions. :lol:

Bought. Haven't played Peggle or felt the need to buy a game app. Here we go.

I suppose no background music would be a plus for playing on a 1st Gen iPod Touch w/ no external speaker. (Having to plug in headphones or the mini speaker add on to the data port)

It is a great game and I've no problem with having paid full price, but where is the update that adds the background music? They still say it is coming, so that's good, but I'm getting impatient. I've been holding off on playing the game because it just isn't the same without the background music....

[quote name='Codemaster']I just saw this. I agree that this is such a great deal that it deserves its own thread. I bought it at $5 but since I played it so much before this deal I don't really regret getting it. Everyone with a iPhone/iPod touch should get this at this price.[/QUOTE]

I also paid regular price and don't regret it. This is a great deal. I actually bought the DS version subsequently for the additional content and regret that purchase. The physics on the iPhone version are much, much better. The graphics on the DS version are annoying, too. The ball is kind of square for some reason. It doesn't have the proper spring to it, either.

[quote name='prateeko']I don't have an iPhone (yet) but I think I'm going to get in on this. $1 for on the go peggle is a sweet deal...[/QUOTE]

Ditto. This morning, before work, I finally gave in and downloaded iTunes. I was all set to stick with Sprint and get the Palm Pre, until I actually tried using one. I'm coming over to the dark side as soon as I can get out of my Sprint contract.

I just bought this for $4.99! Sucks for me but cool game. I wish there was some sort of price protection on these games. I have been hit too hard with buying a game when it is released and 2 weeks later it drops in price.

Question - if I buy this app and I want to download it again do I go back to the App page or my history? After buying it the Buy option remains which confuses me.

Also, it will automatically update if a new version comes out, right? I don't need to keep paying for updates? I don't have an iPhone/iPod touch but I figured I had to get on this...

[quote name='$hady']I just downloaded itunes and was browsing for the first time ever and saw this deal. It expires June 14th at midnight the site says. To bad I don't get my 3GS till next friday.. [/QUOTE]

You can buy it in iTunes for now, and load it over onto your phone later when you get it. (You probably knew that, but just in case you don't . . . )

Heh, wow, I'd just been thinking about buying this, but hadn't gotten around to it. Nice.

Damn you AT&T for the rigid 10mb download limit! I mean, come on, it's 10.2mb -- I don't think the extra 200kb or so would really break you.

Oh well, will download it when I get home, I guess. :whistle2:(

[quote name='prateeko']Also, it will automatically update if a new version comes out, right? I don't need to keep paying for updates? I don't have an iPhone/iPod touch but I figured I had to get on this...[/QUOTE]

It won't automatically update, but it will show on your list of available updates to download. As of right now, all updates are free, and I imagine they'll stay that way for most existing apps including this one.

It's hard to tell what's going to happen with updates and such with this new "micro-payment" system that Apple is introducing with 3.0 -- there's a definite possibility of at least a few developers attempting to gouge their customers with that, but hopefully the community backlash if/when that happens will be strong enough to squash it pretty quickly.

[quote name='seanr1221']It says buy, but when you hit it, a message pops up telling you you've already bought it, and you won't be charged.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks. I've only d/l free apps but never paid. I figure I'll get the new iPhone 3GS in a little while and Peggle was a game I was already planning on buying. For $1 it was a no brainer!

[quote name='arcane93']
Damn you AT&T for the rigid 10mb download limit! I mean, come on, it's 10.2mb -- I don't think the extra 200kb or so would really break you.
[/QUOTE]

Apparently it will. AT&T is why iPhone users won't have MMS until 'end of summer'. :roll:

There was a feature of the 3.0 software that allowed podcasts over 10MB to be d/l'ed directly over 3G/EDGE when it debuted in March, but it looks like that was pulled since.

Sweet, I'll be getting this tonight. The 360 version was my first experience with Peggle, and it is hands down one of the best puzzle games ever.

On that list, I'd also include:
Wetrix
Tetris Attack
Bejeweled
Bust-a-Move
Tetrisphere
...and of course Tetris itself!

Ugh, bought it for $5.00
Good thing I love Peggle.
[quote name='manthing']Apparently it will. AT&T is why iPhone users won't have MMS until 'end of summer'. :roll:

There was a feature of the 3.0 software that allowed podcasts over 10MB to be d/l'ed directly over 3G/EDGE when it debuted in March, but it looks like that was pulled since.[/QUOTE]That would have been nice, but at least you can stream any podcast over 3G.
I do that all day, suck it down AT&T.

Im sure it is, if you get an iPhone development team interested in it. But the iPhone/iPod touch doesnt have flash, so it cant do it at the moment who knows, flash may still be coming.Best bet is to pitch it to some developers though.

[quote name='vickedrobert']Im sure it is, if you get an iPhone development team interested in it. But the iPhone/iPod touch doesnt have flash, so it cant do it at the moment who knows, flash may still be coming.Best bet is to pitch it to some developers though.[/QUOTE]
Why are you talking about Adobe Flash in a app deal thread?

[quote name='arcane93']You can buy it in iTunes for now, and load it over onto your phone later when you get it. (You probably knew that, but just in case you don't . . . )[/QUOTE]

I didn't know for sure until I read your reply and others. Thanks for that as i'd never touched itunes before last night. :)

[quote name='$hady']I didn't know for sure until I read your reply and others. Thanks for that as i'd never touched itunes before last night. :)[/QUOTE]

The one caveat on that is that you need to download it to iTunes on the same computer that you'll be using to sync your phone, and you have to sync applications. If you download it on a PC other than the one you're syncing to, it won't copy over.

However, even if you're not syncing to the same machine, once you've bought it, you've bought it on your iTunes account. Presuming that you use that same account on your phone, you'll be able to download it again there for free using the App Store (the button will say "buy", but when you select and confirm it, the phone will prompt you that you've already purchased the application and as whether you want to re-download it).

I hear that is going to change, and redownloading from your phone will cost you, whereas redownloading from your computer will be free.
Probably trying to lessen the network load, but it still stinks.

[quote name='Cursor']I also paid regular price and don't regret it. This is a great deal. I actually bought the DS version subsequently for the additional content and regret that purchase. The physics on the iPhone version are much, much better. The graphics on the DS version are annoying, too. The ball is kind of square for some reason. It doesn't have the proper spring to it, either.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - the DS version is lousy, and that even though it *does* have the background music. It doesn't have any of the "aplomb" of the original, which is really important for this game IMHO, and also the game plays rather klunky. I just didn't enjoy playing it on the DS.

bread's done
Back