Penny Arcade Expo 2009

Among all the vendors/companies, Namco (and Capcom) are my first two stops.

If I ordered tickets the morning of the 15th, should I be expecting my pass in the mail? Or do I have to pick it up at the location listed on the PAX site?

[quote name='asianxcore']Among all the vendors/companies, Namco (and Capcom) are my first two stops.

If I ordered tickets the morning of the 15th, should I be expecting my pass in the mail? Or do I have to pick it up at the location listed on the PAX site?[/QUOTE]

You might have to go to the location listed on the PAX site, but id email them if i was you.

[quote name='xeno']You might have to go to the location listed on the PAX site, but id email them if i was you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I went ahead and did that.

Going to be up there for a week so I should start planning stuff.

My friend and I ordered our passes on the 15th, but good news is that they were being mailed out yesterday :)

Can't wait for PAX and to hang out in Seattle for a week.

Damn, looks like I'm not going saturday since single days and day of passes for sat sold out. I do have the other two days though.

Here's some info on the TEKKEN 6 tournaments at the NAMCO BANDAI Games booth at PAX:

EVERYDAY SEPT. 4 - 6

No Player Limit
Single Elimination
2/3 Matches

Signups - 10AM - 1 PM
Tournament Begins - 1 PM
Tournament Finals - 5 PM

Awesome prizes/giveaways throughout each day! Make sure you guys enter!

[quote name='heavyd853']Damn, looks like I'm not going saturday since single days and day of passes for sat sold out. I do have the other two days though.[/QUOTE]

Dang. I believe the screening/panel for "I Got Next" is on Saturday too.

Also I'd join up on the T6 tourney but I am awful at Tekken :)

[quote name='MarkMan']Here's some info on the TEKKEN 6 tournaments at the NAMCO BANDAI Games booth at PAX:

EVERYDAY SEPT. 4 - 6

No Player Limit
Single Elimination
2/3 Matches

Signups - 10AM - 1 PM
Tournament Begins - 1 PM
Tournament Finals - 5 PM

Awesome prizes/giveaways throughout each day! Make sure you guys enter![/QUOTE]

Are those on PS3 or 360? Also is it bring your own stick/pad or will you be using the new Tekken sticks or maybe the MadCatz ones?

[quote name='zenprime']Is anyone else going to the PS.Blog meetup/MAG thing as well?[/QUOTE]

I wish I was but I didn't see that until it was too late. Maybe I can go to the Sony booth on Friday and use my podcast skills and get a late invite to it. :)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Are those on PS3 or 360? Also is it bring your own stick/pad or will you be using the new Tekken sticks or maybe the MadCatz ones?[/QUOTE]

I'll confirm this tomorrow!

No Mad Catz sticks at the booth though unless you bring your own.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']PAX is officially sold out. Nothing left.[/QUOTE]

That's insane. They were out of 3-Day, Friday and Saturday passes today. Guessing they sold the rest of the Sunday passes the rest of today?

Glad my friend and I got our 3-Day passes early. Definitely looking forward to our flight/trip to Seattle this Thursday.

6009_122894028882_507353882_2421731_2557848_n.jpg

6009_122894053882_507353882_2421733_3525577_n.jpg

6009_122894038882_507353882_2421732_2461522_n.jpg

Damn, my camera phone sucks. I'll take pics when I get home lol.

[quote name='xeno']How much is it?[/QUOTE]

Looks like $159.99

Damn. Does this mean I might be out $160 on my first day in Seattle? :)

[quote name='asianxcore']Looks like $159.99

Damn. Does this mean I might be out $160 on my first day in Seattle? :)[/QUOTE]

I guess, but there are other things to get like soundtracks, games, shirts, toys, statues.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='zenprime']I need a doctor, I've got full blown pre-PAX fever![/QUOTE]

You only have 4 more days, play video games till then :)

The RagTag CAG's will officially be represented by myself, darkbossman, enderA6, Chase, Shan82, and woodcan. Outside of Chashan who will be spending Thursday with Shan's parents, I will be pretty much by myself from about 3-8 p.m. on Thursday if my flight is on schedule.

Since my passes weren't mailed to me and I have to go to will call to get a new badge issued, I may try to do that Thursday afternoon.

Episode 68 of Checkmate Arcade that just came out today has a PAX preview at the end.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is going to PAX, could someone pick me up a Poogie plush and Servbot keychain at the Capcom Booth. I will pay over the price you buy these items for. Also, i'm going to Japan next week maybe i can pick up someone something in exchange.

It's funny, some of you guys are actually flying to Seattle for this thing. I've been living here for a few years and I've never gone to PAX...lol

Wow way to overreact. :roll:

I just meant that it's funny that I live so close and have never gone. You know when you live next to something that other people travel to, but you never go until someone visits and then you go...get it?

What's a good open time we can meet at the Namco-Bandai booth and move on from there?

I didn't get a room so that means I have to commute. Guh, coffee here I come.

[quote name='zenprime']What's a good open time we can meet at the Namco-Bandai booth and move on from there?

I didn't get a room so that means I have to commute. Guh, coffee here I come.[/QUOTE]

umm 11am or 12pm i guess....

The Ragtag's are currently in line for the Splinter Cell/Assassin's Creed 2 panel and then we're going back to the hotel.

Anyone know if Capcom sold out of the Femme Fatale sticks yet?

BTW, I'm here at PAX with MSUHitman, Shan82, EnderA6, Chase, and darkbossman

I'll be wearing a black Megaman "I Beat the 8 Master Robots" t-shirt.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Anyone know if Capcom sold out of the Femme Fatale sticks yet?[/QUOTE]

When I got a peak behind the door at the over-priced Capcom sales booth there looked to be about like 200-300 sticks stacked about 10 ft high. Also, they were priced at $170.

I totally got taken out like chump in the T6 tourney by a guy spamming Eddie. Oh well, I suck at fighters myself. The second day is just getting underway~

[quote name='zenprime']I totally got taken out like chump in the T6 tourney by a guy spamming Eddie. Oh well, I suck at fighters myself. The second day is just getting underway~[/QUOTE]

I lost to the guy who got second yesterday, and today I got knocked out of the top 16 by a random Paul player. I felt so bad haha!

Oh well, when Tekken comes out on console it will be on 100%

anyone at pax try the xbla games at the MS booth?
particulary want to hear impressions of darwinia+ south park and pb winterbottom

bread's done
Back