Penny Guides at BestBuy.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='dtcarson']I guess their website/store inventory levels are not real time.
None of the 4 guides I ordered, that were allegedly available at the store, are there.
Of course, the email says this:
" Call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or to have the item shipped directly to you via free ground shipping."
Wonder if I could push that....[/quote]

Call the number and they will ship the items to you with free ground shipping because they are not available for in store pick up.
I was able to get three at one store and the one book not available they shipped to me for free.

[quote name='dtcarson']I guess their website/store inventory levels are not real time.
None of the 4 guides I ordered, that were allegedly available at the store, are there.
" Call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or to have the item shipped directly to you via free ground shipping."

By golly your a genious. I need to start reading the smaller print. It just worked for me. Now it's like they a paying to get rid of these guides!

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='dtcarson']I guess their website/store inventory levels are not real time.

Call them and get them to waive the shipping charges, since it's their system that screwed up. It's their fault and you shouldn't get dicked over it.

Called my store to check on it, and they said my order should go through OK, though the Star Ocean guides "were packed up and shipped out the door this morning". WTF?[/quote]

they will waive the shipping- i ordered billy hatcher for in store and they said they didnt have it after it said they did. called CS and they shipped it free- i went there later anyway and found it, so i bought it and returned the one when it came.

they probably needed to ship the star ocean guides to fill out the online orders. anyway, got a bunch of guides, prices are good instore.

I ordered one of each (except Star Ocean that wasn't available) for instore pickup. Got confirmation email that they are ready to pick up. I work about 1 block from Best Buy so I'll be going there on my lunch to see if this worked. 7 guides, 7 cents!

I have a pair of emails (guess they pulled them in two batches) that the ones I ordered are in stock.

The store I have mine at seems to have all of $0.01 ones, save Star Ocean and Battlefront. Should I pick up a few of all the others for fellow CAGs?

Edit: My primary source for them seems to have dried up. Trying to find other stores.

[quote name='craven_fiend']man, my store doesn't have Smackdown vs Raw in stock =\.

anyone wanna help me out?[/quote]

i got you man.

Just went to my work, BestBuy and got the official list!

Guides that dropped to penny were:

THUG2
Star Wars Battlefront
Crash Twinsanity
Star Ocean
Smackdown vs. Raw
Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal
Incredibles
ESPN NBA 2k5
NBA Live 2005
Dead or Alive Ultimate
TMNT 2

I managed to get a few of each except I got zero RC: UYR and only one Star Ocean.

Got about 40 guides total for 41 cents in store!!!

ooh I wouldn't mind R&C....

Just called about my order, all 4 were out of inventory according to the csr, and according to her the best thing to do would be to either pick up at another store or call back tomorrow.

anyone know how to put the Star Ocean guide to be picked up if its sold out? i remember seeing at my BB earlier this weekend.. hm...

Just got this email after I ordered for in-store pickup:

There's been a change to the status of your order.

Your order has been canceled because of an error in our system. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to order these items again, please visit BestBuy.com.

Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

[quote name='fwacce']http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=cat02171

Sort by Price to list them all. The bad thing is that they charge $5 shipping for EACH one, no matter how many you order. Best Buy's suckage increases every day. Of course, you could try and find them at your local store to save on shipping.[/quote]

Best Buy can't suck anymore, they are terrible. I do not know how people shop there.

can someone take me throught the steps of calling and getting them sent free? i got the purchase confirm email. but do i need to wait for a instore pickup email and then call? should i tell them my store doesnt have the guides when the email says i should get them sent free? how long should i wait to call?

[quote name='cecilvaliant']anyone know how to put the Star Ocean guide to be picked up if its sold out? i remember seeing at my BB earlier this weekend.. hm...[/quote]

Only way to do it is to call the store directly.

[quote name='cag1000']can someone take me throught the steps of calling and getting them sent free? i got the purchase confirm email. but do i need to wait for a instore pickup email and then call? should i tell them my store doesnt have the guides when the email says i should get them sent free? how long should i wait to call?[/quote]

Call them about an hour after placing the order, since it'll be in their computer system at that point.

Tell them what you see in the earlier posts, and read it verbatim to them. They will probably end up charging you the shipping and doing a credit for the shipping, instead of waiving it.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Just got this email after I ordered for in-store pickup:

There's been a change to the status of your order.

Your order has been canceled because of an error in our system. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to order these items again, please visit BestBuy.com.

Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancellation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care[/quote]

Did you get any confirmation emails saying they were ready to be picked up?

If you did, call customer service and hammer them to have them sent out to you with no shipping charges.

If you didn't, the in-store inventory reporting to BB.com may have caught up with the guide going OOS or being pulled.

I just went ahead and ordered for in-store pickup. Let's just hope the order doesn't get cancelled. Thanks OP!

WWE Smackdown x3
The Incredibles x3
NBA Live 2005 x3
DOA U x3

One question: I used the Paypal debit card to pay for this. So it isn't a physical card. If I do get the notice telling me to go to the store, how am I supposed to bring the card if it doesn't exist?

These prices ARE good in-store...but beware, the sooner you get there, the better your chances. When I got there, the guide section had NONE of the listed guides in it...it turned out they had already pulled them. As I was perusing the rest of the games, I noticed a cart where a girl was stocking merchandise and doing price-changes. On the bottom of the cart was a stack of the guides on the list. So, they are definitely making some kind of effort to pull these guides. I myself would have none of it, though...my devilish nature had to be fulfilled. What did I do?

I stuck around for a few minutes, until she went around the corner to find something that rang up on her little handheld scanner, and then I ninja-ed the guides right off her cart! :D My BB apparently only had 7 in stock, but hey, that was enough for me!

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Just went to my work, BestBuy and got the official list!

Guides that dropped to penny were:

THUG2
Star Wars Battlefront
Crash Twinsanity
Star Ocean
Smackdown vs. Raw
Ratchet and Clank Up your Arsenal
Incredibles
ESPN NBA 2k5
NBA Live 2005
Dead or Alive Ultimate
TMNT 2[/quote]

I saw the same list, and can confirm its accuracy; also Ace Combat 5 was on it as well. I got one of each except Incredibles (didn't care), and Star Ocean (OOS... :( )

Great stuff! I also scored PoP:WW for XB for $30 AC! Sweetness!

No point in calling, best buy doesn't have any stock in their warehouses ( so free shipping won't work)......... the customer service rep just tries to find the guides at a different store... and usually a store that's far away!!!!

So I just cancelled the order

I could've used the SO3 guide but... We all know what happens to good products when there's a great price on them.:p

[quote name='darkwingduck13']These prices ARE good in-store...but beware, the sooner you get there, the better your chances. When I got there, the guide section had NONE of the listed guides in it...it turned out they had already pulled them. As I was perusing the rest of the games, I noticed a cart where a girl was stocking merchandise and doing price-changes. On the bottom of the cart was a stack of the guides on the list. So, they are definitely making some kind of effort to pull these guides. I myself would have none of it, though...my devilish nature had to be fulfilled. What did I do?

I stuck around for a few minutes, until she went around the corner to find something that rang up on her little handheld scanner, and then I ninja-ed the guides right off her cart! :D My BB apparently only had 7 in stock, but hey, that was enough for me![/quote]

Question is which guides did you ninja away from them?

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='darkwingduck13']These prices ARE good in-store...but beware, the sooner you get there, the better your chances. When I got there, the guide section had NONE of the listed guides in it...it turned out they had already pulled them. As I was perusing the rest of the games, I noticed a cart where a girl was stocking merchandise and doing price-changes. On the bottom of the cart was a stack of the guides on the list. So, they are definitely making some kind of effort to pull these guides. I myself would have none of it, though...my devilish nature had to be fulfilled. What did I do?

I stuck around for a few minutes, until she went around the corner to find something that rang up on her little handheld scanner, and then I ninja-ed the guides right off her cart! :D My BB apparently only had 7 in stock, but hey, that was enough for me![/quote]

Question is which guides did you ninja away from them?[/quote]

R&C, NBA Live 2k5, and Turtles...it musta been all they had in stock when the markdowns came in.

Strange that some BBs seem to be pulling these - an emp at my BB actually showed me the master list, and then thanked me for buying a bunch of stock that he was ready to be rid of! I did get some strange looks from the cashier when i paid $0.10 for 10 books, and I did feel a bit like a geek....

I know for a fact that they've been pulling the .01 guides at my store for a while now. There was a time when I could walk in and leave with 15+ guides whenever some dropped in price, but for the past 6 months, pickings have been slim. This is the second time I've actually gotten there in time to see them pull the guides off of the shelf.

[quote name='shrike4242']Did you get any confirmation emails saying they were ready to be picked up?

If you did, call customer service and hammer them to have them sent out to you with no shipping charges.

If you didn't, the in-store inventory reporting to BB.com may have caught up with the guide going OOS or being pulled.[/quote]

That was the email I received *instead* of a confirmation-for-pickup email, sadly.

My Best Buy has been really strict with this sort of thing in the past. They absolutely refuse to sell the guides for a penny, even if they're still on the shelf. Anyhow, I took a little detour to my store just now, and sure enough, all of the guides had been pulled already. Grr!

I don't suppose there's a kind soul out there willing to find me a Star Ocean 3 guide? That's the only one I was after, really. I beseech you!

[quote name='yeldarb367']I just went ahead and ordered for in-store pickup. Let's just hope the order doesn't get cancelled. Thanks OP!

WWE Smackdown x3
The Incredibles x3
NBA Live 2005 x3
DOA U x3

One question: I used the Paypal debit card to pay for this. So it isn't a physical card. If I do get the notice telling me to go to the store, how am I supposed to bring the card if it doesn't exist?[/quote]

Why buy multiples? I would have loved to get the Smackdown guide for a friend......

I just picked up DOAU guide that I ordered this morning with no problem. They also had TMNT, some wrestling game and THUG2 guides on the shelf marked $.01

My wife went to pick up two of the guides a little while ago. They moved them off of the floor to the back room last night. She asked for them and they gave them to her. When she went to check out they rang up a penny but someone told her that she could not buy them for that price. Anyway she did not feel like fighting for them. I may go after work...

[quote name='n00bie']Why buy multiples? I would have loved to get the Smackdown guide for a friend......[/quote]
Me too. That's why I got multiples. And I did in-store pickup so unless you live in Tallahassee I'm not taking away from stock you have access to.

Then again, none of this will matter because it'll get cancelled sometime soon.

Anyone checked the website recently?

All the $0.01 guides have been pulled from the site, save Smackdown vs. Raw. I'd say this is on the way to being a dead deal.

[quote name='yeldarb367']I just went ahead and ordered for in-store pickup. Let's just hope the order doesn't get cancelled. Thanks OP!

WWE Smackdown x3
The Incredibles x3
NBA Live 2005 x3
DOA U x3

[/quote]
OK. I just got confirmation e-mails telling me they are ready for in-store pickup. Funny thing is, they were split amongst three e-mails.

First: 3 WWE, 1 Incred
Second: 2 Incred, 2 NBA
Third: 1 NBA, 3 DOA

[quote name='Kaijufan']So those guides are all a penny in store right?[/quote]

yes, it is good instore - assuming your BB has them on the sales floor and hasn't pulled them off.

Just came back from the store here -- they'd actually put out $0.01 tags for the guides listed.

Pikmin 2 was also at $0.01!

An employee saw that I was looking for the $0.01 guides, encouraged me to buy a bunch, and actually went offered to check their backstock to see if there were any more that weren't on the shelves (the "only" thing that was in the back was Star Ocean III! ^^)

Amazing how some stores can be extremely fussy about penny guides and other actually encourage people to help get the old stock off the shelves.

Meh, I checked my BB today, but there were no Star Ocean guides on the shelves. I hate that damned place anyway, so I didn't feel like asking anyone about it.

I think it's store policy to have them pulled, but apparently there are some stores that do crazy stuff like encourage customers to buy them at this price. :p

Someone have an extra DoAU they would want to trade me?

I have Star Wars: Battlefront, Incredibles, and the wrestling game. PM me if interested.

if anyone has the following extras ill pay shipping plus a couple of extra bucks. help a guy out with the flu

Star Ocean TTEOT
THUG 2
Pikmin 2

I got of a couple of DOA:U guides, the BB near me had a lot so I left plenty for my fellow CAG'rs. They also had Ninja Turtles but I only got the one I have the game for. PM me if anyone is interested in trading for a DOA: Ultimate guide.

Got Incredibles, DOAU, Pikmin2, Ratchet and Clank UYA, NBA Live, NBA 2K5 at Daytona Beach, FL. They also had Smackdown vs Raw, were out of Star Ocean and Battlefront but had tags up for them.

I was in the neighborhood of best buy earlier anyway so I stopped in.

Nothing was marked 1 cent on the shelf but I can confirm the following rings up for one cent at the register :

DOA:U
SW:Battlefront
tmnt: battle nexus
THPS:U2
ESPN NBA 2k5
Ace Combat 5
The Incredibles
NBA live 2005
CB:Twinsanity
R&C : UYA
WWE vs Raw

I did not see any star ocean anywhere, lots of kingdom hearts at full price though.

I got some stuff from another store, but at once store they cancelled all 4 of the (different) guides I ordered....said not available.....I can definately believe they didn't have all 4, but I wonder if they just cancelled the whole shebang because they didn't have all 4...that's sort of a bitch....ah well...

Yea im sick of BB. I went over to the appleglen after i got 3 of the Ninja turles and DOA guides and the manager goes and says I will sell you 1 each at a penny but not 3. I said i got a Email saying right here that i PAID For 3 and i be more then happy to sue you if you refuse to give me my items i paid for already. After 20 mins he gave me my guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back