Pepsi's "Drink up, Rock out" promotion - Win DLC and Games! STARTS JUNE 2ND!

[quote name='BustaUppa']Now when you say this, do you mean that you have 26 points to play, or that you've already won 26 times but just haven't picked your songs yet?

If it's the latter, then that's pretty cool because I didn't even realize you could "stack" your wins in this! I always assumed you had to claim a song before playing your next point.[/QUOTE]

You've been able to "bank" your wins all summer. I've got maybe 20 unredeemed codes sitting there in hopes of an update.

As for the update, HMXSean (one of the developers) said last week that we were due for an update and that "technical issue" were the reason it hadn't already happened. With any luck, that will mean tomorrow, to tie in with PS3 track release day, since it didn't happen on Tuesday for the 360. Either way, "this week" means they've got two days before they make the developer a liar since we can probably assume a weekend update is out.

[quote name='acdcrocks1980']Wow, i wish I would have saved 6 wins from last night, I put over $100 in Wii Points into my wii. I really want those new Blink-182 and Weezer tracks[/QUOTE]

I do too, but keep in mind that we've got no idea what songs will be included if and when they update. Billy Idol is probably a safe bet since those two songs were included in the list at the beginning of the promotion, two months before it was even announced as DLC...but for all we know, that could be it.

Weezer, in particular, I'm unsure on. I want all of the tracks from their last pack, but the fact that "Greatest Man" and "Dreaming" didn't make it from their first pack makes me a little worried that they won't put up all of (or maybe any) the new pack.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Now when you say this, do you mean that you have 26 points to play, or that you've already won 26 times but just haven't picked your songs yet?

If it's the latter, then that's pretty cool because I didn't even realize you could "stack" your wins in this! I always assumed you had to claim a song before playing your next point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, just like Gothic Walrus said, if you win a DLC track, you can select redeem for later and you still have the DLC track credit in your account so you can "bank" them at a later time. I have 26 songs waiting for the possible Rancid, Blink, Weezer, Gorillaz, Kings of Leon, Rise Against and the Woodstock songs. And it would be a special treat if we could see Billy Idol, Fleetwood and Tom Petty on there haha

But yeah to redeem your songs after you won them, just go you "Your Account" and look at your My play history and the song credits will be underlined in red to click and it takes you to the song list.

And yeah its speculated for tomorrow, and I hope it goes through!:bouncy:

Much thanks to Gothic Walrus and Masterchip for the clarification. I went ahead and banked a bunch of wins, since I now realize that there's no need to wait and see what gets added to the list!

And the possibility of Billy Idol tracks really isn't a stretch at all. They've been on the list before! :D

I see BustaUppa just bought from the same seller I was about to. How was your win percentage Busta?

edit: I guess I'll find out for myself soon. Hope it is still like it was yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mad D']I see BustaUppa just bought from the same seller I was about to. How was your win percentage Busta?

edit: I guess I'll find out for myself soon. Hope it is still like it was yesterday.[/QUOTE]No need to worry! I bought the codes at 9:30 AM, received them (via eBay's "Ask A Question" thing, forwarded to my regular email) at 6:47 PM. The auction was for 25 codes, but he threw in 2 extra just for the hell of it! One code didn't go through for whatever reason; I emailed him about it and he quickly sent a replacement code, along with an extra "for my trouble."

So at the end of the day I ended up with 28 codes for $7.99. I bought Kool Thing and now I'm sitting on 27 in the "bank." :D

EDIT: just realized your question was more about the current win percentages rather than the reliability of the seller, but yeah, I was 28 for 28 on wins a couple hours ago!

Just bought 25 more. So I've bought 100 from him. I'm going to try for the Beatles bundle. First time I got two free codes then a few extra since some didn't work. Went I bought 50, I got 10 free codes and all of those worked.

Thanks for the response anyways Busta. Yes, I just went 25/25. $8 for $50 worth of Wii points is a great deal.

2 were invalid but I'll see if the seller responds back to me, either way I got what I paid for and the 2 extras made up for the invalid ones.

[quote name='BustaUppa']

So at the end of the day I ended up with 28 codes for $7.99.
[/QUOTE]
If you use Bing, you can get 15% back. :D

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I do too, but keep in mind that we've got no idea what songs will be included if and when they update. Billy Idol is probably a safe bet since those two songs were included in the list at the beginning of the promotion, two months before it was even announced as DLC...but for all we know, that could be it.

Weezer, in particular, I'm unsure on. I want all of the tracks from their last pack, but the fact that "Greatest Man" and "Dreaming" didn't make it from their first pack makes me a little worried that they won't put up all of (or maybe any) the new pack.[/QUOTE]
Wow, I didn't realize that those two didn't make it. That track pack were some of the only songs I actually bought with Microsoft Points. The only other song I actually paid for was All The Small Things

Well it's still a free-for-all points fest on the codes, which I'm sure it will be that way through the 31st, so I have 400 points to redeem before then. It's boring doing this!

I maxed out my DS codes, now I gotta do my Wii codes and then I'll just be getting tracks after that.

They must have upped the win ratio or something today. I just went 27/27 wins, alot better then my previous one, which was about 10/25.

Yeah people have been noticing a better win ratio since like last night, it's...beautiful!

Haha, but when the new DLC is put up, how exactly can we tell? Or do you just have to go through the list of songs and see what's new?

[quote name='PlumeNoir']You mean Rio by Duran Duran?

I'm starting to have trouble finding Cherry Pepsi caps now, as I'm not a fan of regular Pepsi.[/QUOTE]

YES!
Thank you much.

Where are you guys buying the codes on eBay? :whistle2:k

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Haha, but when the new DLC is put up, how exactly can we tell? Or do you just have to go through the list of songs and see what's new?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much that. A list will probably be posted in the RockBand.com forums like the past few updates; if you want to check yourself, I've got a post somewhere in the topic that's got the last song on each page (which will change when new ones are added, since they haven't changed the number of songs on a page once in the promotion).

[quote name='Cmosfm']I just went 110/110 - I'm too bored with this to play anymore right now.[/QUOTE]

:shock:

I think you've lost your right to complain about the promotion now. How do you even GET that many codes?

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Where are you guys buying the codes on eBay? :whistle2:k
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I finally broke down and bought a batch. I got tired of seeing CMos pimpin' that maxed out Wii and wanted that for myself :lol:

Being able to get all the episodes of Monkey Island when they come out for the equivalent of less than $10 is worth it.

Heh, envy of another man's Wii?
cagus.smile.jpg

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']I think you've lost your right to complain about the promotion now. How do you even GET that many codes?[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I'm done complaining!

A couple of weeks ago I bought 500 codes for 80 bucks from some guy on ebay. I entered about 50 more and won all of those as well tonight. I've gotta play about 250 more. I really didn't realize JUST how time consuming doing all of this was. Haha

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Where are you guys buying the codes on eBay? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]I've used regular "Buy It Now" listings, on two occasions. Yesterday, nothing came up when I searched for "pepsi codes," but when I searched "pepsi rock band" a bunch of stuff came up. So leaving out the word "codes" might make it easier to find these. Actually it wouldn't surprise me if the sellers are intentionally leaving that out of the auction titles in order to dodge some eBay crackdowns.

^^
Yea, most auctions I have seen state that you are paying for their time to collect caps and type out codes, not the actual codes themselves hah ;)

I know this was asked before, but I did not see an answer:
Are they updating the list of RB Pepsi songs?
And if so, when?

I'm holding out a couple of my codes in hope that they will update with the full song list, but don't know how long do we have to redeem the codes?

[quote name='sickle']I know this was asked before, but I did not see an answer:
Are they updating the list of RB Pepsi songs?
And if so, when?

I'm holding out a couple of my codes in hope that they will update with the full song list, but don't know how long do we have to redeem the codes?[/QUOTE]According to rumor/Twitter, the list will be updated today, tomorrow, and/or September 1st.

I think September 13th is the last day of the contest. After that, the song tokens have some sort of expiration I think, but there's really no reason to be sitting on those once the contest's over.

Also your best bet is to just play all your points now, while the gettin's good, then go back to your account and redeem the wins after the new songs are added (I had been rationing out my points until I realized you could just keep racking up wins like this).

There updating it now. Billy idol, a gorillaz song and some fleetwood mac are on. But I can't redeem atm.

Nvm the new songs are up. I don't know what is new but they also added two Rise Against songs and the Tom Petty songs. I got a tom petty song but Billy Idol mony mony mony won't work.

They're working on a list on RockBand.com; I'm lazy, so I'll just copy that over. :lol:

I see all of Weezer's new pack, all of Blink, all of Kiss, all of Kings of Leon, most of (all of?) this week's new tracks, the singles from the Blind Melon week...hell, they've even got the Big Dipper tracks up, and some of the songs off of the Spinal Tap album.

The only thing I DON'T see right now that I was hoping for is Clint Eastwood (Feel Good Inc. is the only Gorillaz song up right now), but given that they added most of what I wanted which makes for another two pages or so of DLC, I can't complain. :D

I have a bunch of extra 200 Wii codes, and I really want to get the new Blink and Weezer songs on Xbox. If anyone is going to redeem for Wii Points anyways, can ya PM me and I'll give you 200 Wii Points for each song. EDIT. Deal is done Thank you Wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
okay I just redeemed for Dead Weather's "Treat Me Like Your Mother," but when I entered the code on Xbox.com it said I got "Hang You From the Heavens." It's possible that I just goofed and clicked the wrong thing, but I figured I'd share in case anyone else experienced something similar and there turns out to be a legit problem here.

bread's done
Back