Perfect Dark Zero: Does anyone still play?

Sorry I missed it last night. Little lady came in and decided we were going out to eat. By the time I got home it didn't look like anyone was playing anymore.

[quote name='buterbals']Ill most probably be on later tonight.[/quote]

You completely dominated against me last night.

Anyways, I had a good time playing. I would be up for playing again as long as it is Friday or Saturday. Or during school vacation.

BTW, I was the one using the hologram as a secondary fire :razz:.

[quote name='deathweasel']Yeah, buterbals/dacarver was pretty freaking insane last night.[/quote]

You did pretty good though compared to how you started. I recall you killing me many times. I was on a loosing streak though when we started playing the Team Deathmatch games. Hopefully we can get some Dark Op games going next time.

[quote name='deathweasel']What's the difference between dark-ops and deathmatch?[/quote]

I dont really know how to describe the difference, they just are different game modes.

Like Eradication is Team based mode where you try and completely eliminate the other team before yours is wiped out. Infection, well you infect other players or your either trying to avoid being infected. Then there are a few others which I forget what they are as I dont play them much.

Good question, I haven't played long enough to know all the game modes, I bought my copy a few weeks before gears so I stopped to play that of course. The booklet states:
Eradication - A team-only game. The last team with any members left alive wins.

Onslaught- A team-only game. One team defends a base, gets one life each and can buy weapons as normal. All other teams have only basic weapons but infinite lives. The team that stays alive longest while defending the base wins.

Infection- A free-for-all game. There are two factions of players infected and uninfected. Most players start off uninfected. After a player dies, he/she becomes a member of the infected. If the unifected stay alive until the end of the match, they are the only players to get points. If the infected wipe them out, they are the only ones to score. The player with the most points is the overall winner.

Sabatobe(insert beastie boys song)^^ -A team-only game. Targeted destruction-the team that ultimately causes the most damage to the other team's property wins.

I think I've played all of the types just didn't know it and or the particulars.

Haha we need a CAG newsletter invite for everyone to know when there's a game. I'm down if I'm on just send me an invite, its the only game I don't lag with!

There were downloadable map packs for purchase for this right? How many of you have it? I don't, so is that gonna be a problem joining games?

I have the new maps as they came with the greatest hits version of PDZ. Ive only played the "Facility" level once online. The "Temple" level isn't that great as its pretty confusing and kinda boring because it takes forever to find people.

If anyone is up for it, I'm game for tonight. I may even get my wife to play for awhile too. Send me a PM on here or a message on xbl

I'm slightly noobish, but I'd like join up for a few rounds in the future. Add me to your buddies list and just mention CAG. =)

Too bad I hadn't noticed this thread earlier or I would have picked this up at GS the other day. I'll probably swing by tomorrow and get a copy so send a FR my way!

Well, so I've played it for a bit... I just can't enjoy the single player campaign for some reason. It just doesn't feel right. I'm also having trouble getting past the fact that the people in the game look like dolls or bad action figures

The single player is craptastic. I can't believe Rare decided to release a game this unpolished. Multiplayer is the only thing that saves it from Bargain Bin Hell.

I love this game's SP mode (at least until it hits the Jungle on Perfect or Dark Agent).

On the subject of multiplayer: Was there ever any truth to the counter-op mode from the original PD being DLC or has Rare just given up on it?

bread's done
Back