Persona 2: Innocent Sin - Out Now!

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I'm thinking yes. But yeah, it might be on Vita instead.[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised (if they would move to Vita) since Atlus is releasing Devil Survivor 2 on DS, so that doesn't preclude P:EP for still making a showing on PSP, Atlus is lazy like that and won't move to new hardware when the engine is ready to go for the followup game right away. Plus PSP isn't going anywhere anytime soon and also Atlus kept releasing PS2 games long after the PS2 was long past its prime.

I don't care, either way, I think I'm going to buy this digitally--unless there's some sweet collector's edition--I want to be able to play this on Vita later on down the road.

something makes me think this will be cancelled.

40 bucks is a lot of cash to come out this late in the systems life....

19.99 yes .. 29.99 maybe . 39.99 pass it will be 20 black friday

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Wish it were coming out in the summer, but I can wait.[/QUOTE]

Touche, I've got a backlog, but it can wait for this. Late Summer would definitely be better. Isn't that when P3 for PS2 originally came out?

This might ship to my parent's house if my address correct/credit card/Amazon account don't get squared away in time.

I'll just have to live with this release date, I guess. :roll::hot:

Hopefully Ill have played Persona 1 before 2 comes out.
I have a huge psp backlog but hopefully ill work thur it.
So far im 60 hrs into LoH:TiTS and at Elmo Village but loving it

i either jump on it on goozex or wait until thanksgiving..

i got at least 20 psp rpg games to play and at least 40 ds rpg game backlog

very quck breakdown of the ds ones

pokemon black
pokemon white
Radiant Historia
Kingdom Hearts: Re:coded still sealed got for like 14.99 someplace
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn sealed
Dragon quest 4 5 6 and 9
Pokemon Ranger 1 2 and 3
Etrian Odyssey 1 2 and 3 (though i played some of 1 and 2 never beat them)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey and devil

Psp
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
The Legend of Heroes 1,2,3 and 4
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
disgaea 1 and 2
Z.H.P. sealed
Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2
kingdom hearts BBS sealed
Valkyria Chronicles II
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable

ect ect ect :)

though i do plan on dumping off 90% of my non psp collection very shortly

I hope there will be a port of Eternal Punishment on the PSP or the very least the PSone version uploaded on the Playstation Store.

I bought the PSP remake of the original Persona, but still haven't gotten around to finishing it. Kind of difficult for me to get into. Never played any other of the Persona games like 2, 3, and 4. Does the gameplay get better after the first title?

Originally Posted by anotherpoorgamer
Does the gameplay get better after the first title?
Yup.

How does this game compare to 3 +4? Still playable? Sorry, but 1 was unplayable after 3+4. I'm REALLY curious about how this'll game'll be and take a front seat on my backlog when it comes out! :hot::cool:

[quote name='2DMention']How does this game compare to 3 +4? Still playable? Sorry, but 1 was unplayable after 3+4. I'm REALLY curious about how this'll game'll be and take a front seat on my backlog when it comes out! :hot::cool:[/QUOTE]

They're almost completely different games, really, except that you use various Persona for special abilities. And you fight as high school students. Also no social link bullshit. I'd also say the plot is a bit more mature.

Still no word on bonuses with this? It came up in my Quick Picks this morning, but $38 seems pretty steep for only the game. Especially how Persona 1's price dropped like a stone after release. On the other hand, they may not be making as many copies of this one...

http://www.atlus.com/persona2/purchase.html

p2p_faithful_cdunveil_11a.jpg

Yeah, Atlus could learn a thing or two from Xseed

At least give us a cheaper option in addition to this rather than making it seem like a deal with a crappy outerbox and a 10 minute music cd

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This game is way better than Persona 1 and is well worth $40. Cheapass.[/QUOTE]
Fact is I haven't even opened Persona 1 yet, so I can wait.

ya not that impressed.. whats with the big cardboard case if all it has is a soundtrack?

More importantly.. where is it on amazon? It was on a gold box a while ago, but no longer. I cant even find it AT ALL on amazon anymore. All i see is a hong kong version or something o_O is this canceled? is amazon not carrying it anymore?

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya not that impressed.. whats with the big cardboard case if all it has is a soundtrack?

More importantly.. where is it on amazon? It was on a gold box a while ago, but no longer. I cant even find it AT ALL on amazon anymore. All i see is a hong kong version or something o_O is this canceled? is amazon not carrying it anymore?[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00523VFJU

Doesn't show up for me in search either, but I already have it preordered.

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Late to the party. Where can I get persona 1 and 3 psp from, without breaking the bank[/QUOTE]

Huh, I was curious when you mentioned that P1 was expensive (got it last black friday, I think for $15 new from amazon) and saw that it has spiked in price (!!!) :shock: P3 has always maintained its price. My best advice check Ebay (can get some rare PSP games on the cheap), Gamestop (even though I loathe recommending it), Half.com, and Gohastings (if they keep'em in stock long enough, gets a few in now and again)

Good Luck. ;)

[quote name='GeorgeCostanza']Late to the party. Where can I get persona 1 and 3 psp from, without breaking the bank[/QUOTE]
I picked up P1P from an Amazon lightning deal probably about two months after it came out. Looks like it's gone up in price since then. :(

I have P1P sealed but need to find a cheap copy to play through.
Still waiting for P3P to come down in price on Zavvi and not be crushed.

Idk, so many shitty games have been remade/released in the past decade and no1 gives a rat's ass that none of it is relevant anymore.

Ranting about how P2 doesn't hold up anymore and giving it a 5.0; by that reasoning every single XBLA/PSN rehash should be a 5.0 or lower.

I'm not gonna argue with ~what~ the complaints are about the game because they're probably true, (and I'll preface this latter half by saying I'm way over caring about review scores) but the way they scored this is not consistent/in line with their other reviews.

That being said, I had/still have little interest in any of the Persona remakes for PSP.

i will paass.. it will be 20 bucks by thanksgivng somewhere or in a buy 1 get 1 50% off deal

may just try to have an open slot on gameflly and rent it off them

love to see this game get matched with FATE in a buy 1 get 1 deal

my PSP is almost shot (have a 2 year warrenty on it) so it can go back to best buy... Going to wait to around thanksgiving to buy another PSP since i wont pay more then 100 or less for a dead system

[quote name='Dead of Knight']This shit for real? The fuck? I played it for the first time a couple years ago when the translation patch came out and it's at least an 8, if not a 9/10. The game has held up very well. Much better than P1.

trollface09.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Yea, P1 didn't hold up for shit, IMO. I played it about 1/2 way though and just couldn't get into it so I sold it. And somebody said it spiked in price. No fuckin' way. You've gotta be a liar. That was cheap for the longest time. No fuckin' way.

Almost preordered this, while picking up Move stuff from Gamestop.

I'm still on the fence: Having not really enjoyed the first Persona, paying $40 day one, and only to see it drop to $20.

My only drive to get this is having Persona, Persona 3 FES on the PS2/backlog, and having missed out on the other half of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. When EP was available/reprinted at Gamestop a long time ago.

[quote name='2DMention']Yea, P1 didn't hold up for shit, IMO. I played it about 1/2 way though and just couldn't get into it so I sold it. And somebody said it spiked in price. No fuckin' way. You've gotta be a liar. That was cheap for the longest time. No fuckin' way.[/QUOTE]

Then feel free to look for yourself, because in fact it did spike up in price, insane as it sounds.

Lookie...http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T...UX1W/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1315996266&sr=8-5

And no my pants aren't on fire either. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']Then feel free to look for yourself, because in fact it did spike up in price, insane as it sounds.

Lookie...http://www.amazon.com/Shin-Megami-T...F8&qid=1315996266&sr=8-5[/URL[/QUOTE] lolwut

[quote name='Dead of Knight']lolwut[/QUOTE]

Makes no sense....at all. (about the price increase)

I can see why Eternal Punishment spiked up when IS was announced for remake (and the fan translation) but P1 no, that confuses me a lot.

Next week = Persona 2 goodness.

bread's done
Back