Persona 3 $41.99 + $0.99 S&H and TotA $27.64 + $0.99 S&H @ FamilyVideo.com

sirplue

CAGiversary!
Feedback
202 (100%)
YES, another family video thread... lol

i'm kicking myself right now for biting so soon when TotA dropped to $29.99 @ JR.com :bomb:

4u0whlu.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=229839

4vn3i45.jpg

http://shop.famvid.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=243583

new members use coupon code: NEWPGMEM (and take an extra $5.00 off your order)

I sent an e-mail to FV.com and got no response so I decided to call them. I just got off the phone with Family Video and the woman I spoke to said that they had not anticipated the demand for the game (which I can appreciate since it is a niche title). She did say that she showed 210 on the way, and told me all orders will be filled, but wouldn't comment on cases like the poster above who ordered his on the 18th and it shipped, whereas people like me who ordered earlier still have them on backorder...grr....

Well, as long as I get my copy, I will be happy.

I though tI would come on here and see that everyone got theirs shipped today. I have no idea why mine would ship before those that ordered before me. FV has to get their act together.

[quote name='TheMedic00']I just emailed them to cancel my order, which is listed as "processing." If they cannot communicate with their customers, they will not get my business, regardless of price.[/QUOTE]

Me too... the order still hasn't been cancelled however, so I'm hesitant to buy it from someone else.

I ordered on the 11th and mine hasn't shipped either. I'll probably cancel it if I don't hear from them at the end of next week.

They sent me an email today.
It was BACKORDERED AGAIN.
They have yet to answer a single email.

If they pull this crap with new PS3 games I preordered, I will never do business with them EVER again.

I feel bad for those of you that ordered Growlanser :HoW on FamVid, LOL.

I e-mailed them asking if they were getting a new shipment in soon and this is what I get back.

Per your request, we have sent a request to our shipping department to cancel
your title(s). This message is not a confirmation. You will be receiving a confirmation shortly.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: In Fulfillment

I didnt even tell them to CANCELL! grrrr I want my effing P3
these bastards.

sorry i don't know if i can post this here or not, but it is about P3.

i really want the artbook and the soundtrack cd. so here is my Q
i want to know if i just go and buy one copy of P3 from eb/gs and then open the special edition and keep the artbook and cd. can i still return it. i think there is another shrink wrap around the actual game from the pictures someone ownes it. i want to return the actual game and keep the others.

sorry to be so cheap. i am pround to be a CAG

I was really happy with my previous two orders with FV but this Persona 3 deal is ridiculous... every other retailer has it in stock so I don't see why they can't get more in faster.:whistle2:?

[quote name='T3kN']I e-mailed them asking if they were getting a new shipment in soon and this is what I get back.

Per your request, we have sent a request to our shipping department to cancel
your title(s). This message is not a confirmation. You will be receiving a confirmation shortly.

Thank you for choosing FamilyVideo.com as your choice for entertainment.

Your Friends at FamilyVideo.com

1-888-332-6843

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: In Fulfillment

I didnt even tell them to CANCELL! grrrr I want my effing P3
these bastards.[/quote]

umm? why did they cancel it?
I sent them 2 emails, no luck.
I told them if theyre not going to give me my copy soon, I want to KNOW, so I can look elsewhere nefore the game becomes hard to find (doubt it will, but I wanted to use it against them)

I also asked if this is how things normally go down over there, to give me an honest answer so I can start my preorders elsewhere.

[quote name='cheaperthanever']sorry i don't know if i can post this here or not, but it is about P3.

i want to know if i just go and buy one copy of P3 from eb/gs and then open the special edition and keep the artbook and cd. can i still return it. i think there is another shrink wrap around the actual game from the pictures someone ownes it. i want to return the actual game and keep the others.

sorry to be so cheap. i am pround to be a CAG[/quote]

If you want the extras, just buy the game! Cheap is one thing, but this borders on theft.

Besides, we've got to prove to Atlus that FES will sell well here too.

[quote name='cheaperthanever']sorry i don't know if i can post this here or not, but it is about P3.

sorry to be so cheap. i am pround to be a CAG[/QUOTE]
That's not so much being cheap as it is stealing...

I just love how my e-mail regarding this situation was responded to with another automated backorder notice. It's rare to find a company as incompetent as this.

I got one of those "this is not a confirmation" cancellation emails as well... still waiting on the actual confirmation of cancellation. I ordered one from Amazon though. I guess on the off chance that FV still sends one out I can use it as trade bait or something.

wtf, they told me they're cancelling at MY REQUEST. MY?
This is a joke. They probably wont end up cancelling it,either,then I'll have two games.
Where's the next cheapest price?

I just got a reply from my them saying they were cancelling my order. I said not too.
So here it is. prob automated.

We are sorry to inform you that the following item(s) are still backordered:

1 x Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 : PlayStation 2

While most items come back into stock within 30 days, some titles are much more difficult to obtain. We have not charged your credit card for your backordered item(s) at this time. We will continue to monitor your order for an additional 30 days. We will also provide you with any updates as they become available to us.

The thing is at the price there offering I am WILLING to wait.
School started and I really dont have time to play the game anyways :p
Just as long as I get it with that cheap price eventually I'm fine.

1. Offer popular video game for cheapest price on the Internet
2. Only get a couple hundred copies.
3. ???
4. Cancel everyone's order prematurely and profit!

Wait, that doesn't make sense.

I think one thing that would really help a LOT of our frustrations is better customer service.

They could have AT LEAST had a real person reply to our emails about the backorder, which would give us some comfort because it lets us know that they are actually trying to solve the problems.

But instead we get this automated bull**** that basically says: "**** off, when it comes you'll get it."

[quote name='brianffrpg']I think one thing that would really help a LOT of our frustrations is better customer service.

They could have AT LEAST had a real person reply to our emails about the backorder, which would give us some comfort because it lets us know that they are actually trying to solve the problems.

But instead we get this automated bull**** that basically says: "**** off, when it comes you'll get it."[/quote]

Maybe the "Family" in "Family Video" really means "the mafia."

I'd hate to do this, but I will give them one more week.
If nothing happens, I am playing the game on my modded PS2, it's already dl'ed.
I hate that it came down to this, but I mean I guess it's better to not buy this game at all, save money...although It would've nice to have this as part of my collection. Eh not like it'd be very valuable.

BTW my status on the game still says back-ordered...lol jesus, their automated emails and status page don't even match.
This is what we get for sharing the site with the world, I guess(Not going to tell my buddies anymore!)

If they really mean "**** off, when it comes you'll get it." I'd be less scared... but I think they really mean "fuck off and pray all you want, you might just get it, but probabilly not... ha ha, you fucken dumb ass, you should have kept your original amazon order..."

EDIT: I just RE-ordered from amazon, better save than sorry...

[quote name='brianffrpg']I think one thing that would really help a LOT of our frustrations is better customer service.

But instead we get this automated bull**** that basically says: "**** off, when it comes you'll get it."[/quote]

My Site-to-Store Walmart.com order just arrived yesterday, but I don't really feel like paying $50 for this. Think I'll try to give FV a call tomorrow, see if I can get any sort of guarantee when I will get my order filled. If nothing, to Amazon I will go.

These are some horror stories! I'm glad I bought mine at Buy.com using GCO, got it for 38.xx shipped; bought it the 19th, shipped the 21st, and it should arrive the 24th. Yay for me!

[quote name='super_nerd']These are some horror stories! I'm glad I bought mine at Buy.com using GCO, got it for 38.xx shipped; bought it the 19th, shipped the 21st, and it should arrive the 24th. Yay for me![/QUOTE]

You dirty man! :cry:

So has anyone who ordered Tales of Abyss actually got a copy yet? I put my order in August 9th and it's still in processing.

fuck it, I'm cancelling my order tomorrow. I went ahead and ordered P3 from Buy.com, with the accompanied $10 GCO and $10 mag rebate, makes my purchase $29.99. :)

[quote name='brianffrpg']What mag rebate are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

If you spend $15+, Buy.com offers a a free subscription to a magazine, or a rebate of the value of said subscription ($10). If you're patient enough, this value is better than FV AFAIK.

[quote name='SleazyC']So has anyone who ordered Tales of Abyss actually got a copy yet? I put my order in August 9th and it's still in processing.[/QUOTE]
No, it is out of stock on their site. Seems doubtful they will get more in stock. I probably will wait another couple weeks and then have to cancel it.

I can reconfirm that they apparently have 200 Personas on the way... I suppose with the backlog I have and the $10-$15 I'm saving, I'll just stick with it. Not losing out on a lot of playtime.

[quote name='botticus']I can reconfirm that they apparently have 200 Personas on the way... I suppose with the backlog I have and the $10-$15 I'm saving, I'll just stick with it. Not losing out on a lot of playtime.[/QUOTE]

Really? When I called today to confirm my cancellation I didn't really press for specifics but the guy sounded like he wasn't sure they were going to get more at all.

Looks like Buy.com is doing me good... it's already been sent to warehouse! :)

Also, officially cancelled my FV order. I called them up, the guy who answered was very courteous and went very smoothly.

Well in that case, never bought used games from EB/Gamestop online. Anyone know what the success rate is to actually getting a game in good condition (i.e. box + manual)?

[quote name='SleazyC']Well in that case, never bought used games from EB/Gamestop online. Anyone know what the success rate is to actually getting a game in good condition (i.e. box + manual)?[/quote]

From my experience, the newer the game the better the chance you'll get a complete copy. The Ar Tonelico I ordered a couple weeks ago was in pretty good shape and came with everything.

However, games from EB/GS online are typically both incomplete and in bad condition. The chances of being satisfied with your order are in the 10-15% range, so you should probably just shop elsewhere for used stuff.

We all got that email last week, Brian.
And the same one on the 14th.
Each time they send it they're getting more in stock.
Some of us missed last weeks shipment, and then the previous weeks.

I'm sure my turn is this week.

They got Two Worlds and Bioshock to my friend on time. In 4 days, so I'm not completely avoiding the site now. Time will tell...

I can reconfirm that they apparently have 200 Personas on the way... I suppose with the backlog I have and the $10-$15 I'm saving, I'll just stick with it. Not losing out on a lot of playtime.

I called today and asked them about this, and they just gave me the same generic 2-4 weeks garbage. So, I cancelled. Not worth the ten bucks.

I don't want to waste my buy.com google checkout yet, on a game where I can get it for that price without the checkout. I wanna save it.

And how do they give you a free mag subscription?
Is it for firrst time buyers, and when do they give you the option?

I got my copy today (Persona 3). It came in a paper envelope. Not padded, not bubble-wrapped, just a plain paper envelope. I'm not usually too anal about stuff, but all the corners of the box are bashed in.

Like I said, I'm not usually too worried about stuff like this, but a box set in a paper envelope is just unacceptable. I think most folks here would agree.

Edit: Added title :whistle2:#

[quote name='modium']I got my copy today. It came in a paper envelope. Not padded, not bubble-wrapped, just a plain paper envelope. I'm not usually too anal about stuff, but all the corners of the box are bashed in.

Like I said, I'm not usually too worried about stuff like this, but a box set in a paper envelope is just unacceptable. I think most folks here would agree.[/QUOTE]

Who'd you order from? I'm pretty sure Family Video said it would ship in a box.

I'm getting kinda impatient. Every single place has it in stock yet they're having trouble getting more units in?:whistle2:?

[quote name='Vinny']Who'd you order from? I'm pretty sure Family Video said it would ship in a box.

I'm getting kinda impatient. Every single place has it in stock yet they're having trouble getting more units in?:whistle2:?[/quote]Familyvideo.com

I looked through the thread and saw they said they'd ship them in boxes, but mine came today in a paper envelope, so I don't know. I hope, for everyone else's sake, that I'm the lone exception, though I somehow doubt that.

bread's done
Back