Persona 3 Used In-Stock @ Gamestop.com, $40 Shipped after 25% Coupon

[quote name='genomachino2002']where do you live, I cant find any in nyc[/quote]

video games new york over by NYU always has copies. Although they run about 80$ new.

is this worth anything w/o the manual? I snagged a used copy.. game disc, game case, and artbook + soundtrack cuz I heard this game was poppin'.. just no manual.

[quote name='genomachino2002']where do you live, I cant find any in nyc[/quote]
gamestop in Green Acres Mall had "new" one last weekend, display copy but game was sealed im pretty sure. (they only display the outer box which may be a lil beat up). Give them a call!

[quote name='genomachino2002']80 new is a tough pill to swallow[/QUOTE]

it's 80 plus tax which would be 86. Your best bet is to Search Buy it now on ebay. Sometimes somebody doesn't know the price and will put up a new copy for 55 bucks and ten bucks shipping or something like that. either way it's cheaper

I found a new copy at my local Sears, if anyone wants it its $70 shipped (considering $50 cost + 5 tax + 5 shipping + 5 paypal + 5 for my time/effort) otherwise its getting returned this weekend.

[quote name='breakingcustoms']there are still 2 sealed copies at my kmart...if anyone wants them, PM me!

for those interested...I may go and buy them tomorrow to have. I will be selling them for $65 because of the following...

$55 after tax
$5 to ship the product first class with confirmation
$5 for gas to get me there

So in the end, I'm not really making any profit. I will also be interested in trades once I get them. If you still want P3, PM me! If not, I'll eBay them in a few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Are you an angel of CAG sent from the heavens? $5 for gas sounds a little light, friggin $3.50 a gallon here in SF/Bay area CA ;)

I found a complete copy at a another Gamestop but they charged me for the New price even through the outer sleeve was damaged and game wasn't sealed - wtf?

[quote name='aznguyen316']I don't get it. Fes? What exactly is that?[/quote]
The Persona 3 expansion.

So expect eBay prices of P3 to either skyrocket (if it requires the original disc), plummet (if it doesn't), or stay the same (if it doesn't, but collectors still want the original).

[quote name='lostdecoy']I found a complete copy at a another Gamestop but they charged me for the New price even through the outer sleeve was damaged and game wasn't sealed - wtf?[/quote]
That's SOP at GS isn't it?

[quote name='mguiddy']
So expect eBay prices of P3 to either skyrocket (if it requires the original disc), plummet (if it doesn't), or stay the same (if it doesn't, but collectors still want the original).
[/quote]

It's not going to need the original game. They're going to release the full version of the game that has all the Persona 3 and Fes content on the same disc in America.

[quote name='B.K.']It's not going to need the original game. They're going to release the full version of the game that has all the Persona 3 and Fes content on the same disc in America.[/QUOTE]

While that's probable, I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of it being a stand-alone release and not requiring the original game to play. It's certainly long enough to be one. And Atlus fans are loyal and few - why risk their ire?

[quote name='B.K.']It's not going to need the original game. They're going to release the full version of the game that has all the Persona 3 and Fes content on the same disc in America.[/quote]

I just read the Wiki on it. This was true in Japan, if it's true here, wow I guess my Persona 3 copy won't be worth much heheh

[quote name='aznguyen316']I just read the Wiki on it. This was true in Japan, if it's true here, wow I guess my Persona 3 copy won't be worth much heheh[/quote]

I don't think FES comes with the artbook and soundtrack, so I'm sure i'll be worth something.

[quote name='B.K.']It's not going to need the original game. They're going to release the full version of the game that has all the Persona 3 and Fes content on the same disc in America.[/quote]

Is this your surmising or do you have something to back up these guesses?

oh I also misread.. 7 days til an announcement? So then release date could be far off as well? B/c that timer mentions nothing except it's a countdown for something atlus haha

I'm hoping it's FES with the original game content. Granted I own the original Persona 3 box with artwork, but love the game alot and for collector's reasons would buy it again, if it included the original game with FES or FES stand alone. We'll see though, after the Atlus announcement we'll see prices go up, stay neutral, or go down on the original Persona 3.

[quote name='SSJMies']Is it 100% that that's for Fes? 'Cause Persona 4's supposed to be announced for the PS2 soon as well (and that just seems far more likely).[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows, everybody is assuming it's FES coming stateside.

If it is the full version you bet some people will be thinking of selling their Person 3 to get FES while earning a few bucks.

Same. But not for resale. One is going to be my play copy and the other I'm going to put into my growing collection of sealed games.

this is a serious question.. are you a collector and just want sealed games or what exactly is your purpose? I just want to know b/c I started collecting games recently but I open and play mine.. I just try to get different editions if possible on games I like, like GotY or LE's.

[quote name='aznguyen316']this is a serious question.. are you a collector and just want sealed games or what exactly is your purpose? I just want to know b/c I started collecting games recently but I open and play mine.. I just try to get different editions if possible on games I like, like GotY or LE's.[/quote]1 t play, at least 1 to keep.

I have a few sealed games (~10) if you collect them, its just an anal thing, like having a star wars figure in an unopened box or something.

[quote name='seanmcc']1 t play, at least 1 to keep.

I have a few sealed games (~10) if you collect them, its just an anal thing, like having a star wars figure in an unopened box or something.[/quote]

I see, I can understand that. cool thanks

[quote name='seanmcc']I wonder if P3 prices will go down after FES is announced/released.[/quote]

Well EGM predicted this would happen if it indeed turns out to be true. And if they're right on the money, then the value may not go down too much, as the version of FES we'd get will require the original game to be booted first to start a new game.

[quote name='VWarrior']Well EGM predicted this would happen if it indeed turns out to be true. And if they're right on the money, then the value may not go down too much, as the version of FES we'd get will require the original game to be booted first to start a new game.[/quote]
We don't know which FES we will get yet though.

Japan had a stand-alone version and an append version that picked up from your P3 save.

We don't know if we are getting one or the other or both.

*edit*: I hope they release both versions, I'll open and play the append version and keep the full one sealed :p

[quote name='inefficiency device']I'm hoping the countdown is for FES and that it's released soon, rather than months from now.

Who knows, it may just be an announcement for a reprint.[/quote]Lol, I don't think they'd do a big flash page countdown for a reprint.

I bet it comes out on 3/31 too, so it coincides with the date the game begins on.

[quote name='seanmcc']We don't know which FES we will get yet though.

Japan had a stand-alone version and an append version that picked up from your P3 save.

We don't know if we are getting one or the other or both.

*edit*: I hope they release both versions, I'll open and play the append version and keep the full one sealed :p[/quote]

Indeed. I was saying if. It seems EGM may have correctly predicted us to get FES. They not only said we'd get it, but we'd get the append disc (not stand-alone). So seeing as they seem to have at least part of the story right thus far, then if they have the whole story right, then we do know what we're getting.

[quote name='VWarrior']Indeed. I was saying if. It seems EGM may have correctly predicted us to get FES. They not only said we'd get it, but we'd get the append disc (not stand-alone). So seeing as they seem to have at least part of the story right thus far, then if they have the whole story right, then we do know what we're getting.[/quote]
The append disc does not include the full game.

It 'appends' the existing game.

[quote name='seanmcc']The append disc does not include the full game.

It 'appends' the existing game.[/quote]

I believe the append disc is pretty much the same thing as the full version, it just requires the original Persona 3 disc to start a new game and you're good to go. Atlus likely made this version for those who'd already bought Persona 3 to give them as a more economical choice for them to get the expanded content rather than to pay full price for the game again just to get that content. I'm not 100% sure so maybe somebody else can confirm?

But still, you can't truly "append" a PS2 game without reliance on a storage medium such as a Hard Drive (which I'm sure the it won't use) or a memory card (which it wouldn't fit on) so it doesn't even make sense anyway.

[quote name='VWarrior']I believe the append disc is pretty much the same thing as the full version, it just requires the original Persona 3 disc to start a new game and you're good to go. Atlus likely made this version for those who'd already bought Persona 3 to give them as a more economical choice for them to get the expanded content rather than to pay full price for the game again just to get that content. I'm not 100% sure so maybe somebody else can confirm?

But still, you can't truly "append" a PS2 game without reliance on a storage medium such as a Hard Drive (which I'm sure the it won't use) or a memory card (which it wouldn't fit on) so it doesn't even make sense anyway.[/quote]

You, sir, are correct.

There are actually two versions. There is an append disc, which includes both episodes but requires the first disc to boot the game. There is also a single-disc version that does not require the first disc to boot.

I hardly see Atlus taking the first route. They will have far more sales by making the game accessible to everyone - not just those that have a copy of the original release.

[quote name='thelonepig']They will have far more sales by making the game accessible to everyone - not just those that have a copy of the original release.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree, but Atlus's relatively small print runs on the games they produce make one wonder how much they care about overall sales.

bread's done
Back