Persona 4 : Golden Fall 2012

[quote name='SynGamer']So the regular edition arrived today, but I can't open it until Christmas. Damn wife...[/QUOTE]

rip it open when she is sleeping.. get some plastic wrap and wrap the box back up... then look disappointed on christmas day when you open up an empty box :)

[quote name='slidecage']rip it open when she is sleeping.. get some plastic wrap and wrap the box back up... then look disappointed on christmas day when you open up an empty box :)[/QUOTE]

Was going to attempt to do this with my Wii U except put heavy rocks in the box trying to pull an Indiana Jones.

[quote name='slidecage']rip it open when she is sleeping.. get some plastic wrap and wrap the box back up... then look disappointed on christmas day when you open up an empty box :)[/QUOTE]

She let me have the front screen protector, but still no game until Christmas...small victories? :D

I would really like to get this but am very scared I wont like it. I grew up loving NES/SNES RPG's grinding and what not, but is this an RPG with like social networking/anima?

[quote name='XxSmityxX']I would really like to get this but am very scared I wont like it. I grew up loving NES/SNES RPG's grinding and what not, but is this an RPG with like social networking/anima?[/QUOTE]

There is more than enough grinding if you want.

still have this sealed

so is the game easy. med. hard ..freaking insane hard

most all my time been hooked on The Denpa Men: They Came By Wave for the 3ds

fun game until you get up to the 2nd to last cave you have to have your people like level

50 in the 3rd to last cave and this cave was a walkthough and got my people up to level 51

need level 60 in the 2nd to last cave meaning im going to have to GRIND probally 10+ hours to get my people to to level 60 and what sucks is if you lose in battle you lose all of your exp time playing

The slow start in P3 and P4 are hard to get through...I hope P5 addresses this.

I know once I finally get to the point where I can do what I want, when I want in the game, it will be great!

Question for experienced Persona players:

I've never played any game in the series. Is there any reason whatsoever not to just start right off with P4? Will I be better off in any way by playing the others first?

[quote name='akathatoneguy']I've never played any game in the series. Is there any reason whatsoever not to just start right off with P4? Will I be better off in any way by playing the others first?[/QUOTE]
P4 is a great place to start. Though it does take place in the same reality as P3 and there are some very minor crossovers, there's nothing you need to know about the story or characters that you won't get in P4.

The gameplay is extremely similar between P3 and P4, with P4 making some small but significant improvements. If you love P4 then you won't have any problem going back to P3 and loving that too.

I was pleasantly suprised to get an email out of the blue from Amazon today with a $5 credit apologizing for not getting me the Solid Gold edition on the due date last month (it came the following Monday). In other news, I love Amazon.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']P4 is a great place to start. Though it does take place in the same reality as P3 and there are some very minor crossovers, there's nothing you need to know about the story or characters that you won't get in P4.

The gameplay is extremely similar between P3 and P4, with P4 making some small but significant improvements. If you love P4 then you won't have any problem going back to P3 and loving that too.[/QUOTE]

but it be on a smaller psp screen (unless you buy the download)

[quote name='Ryuukishi']P4 is a great place to start. Though it does take place in the same reality as P3 and there are some very minor crossovers, there's nothing you need to know about the story or characters that you won't get in P4.

The gameplay is extremely similar between P3 and P4, with P4 making some small but significant improvements. If you love P4 then you won't have any problem going back to P3 and loving that too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Will just start with P4 then!

[quote name='IanKazimer']Way more addicted to this game than I was prepared for.[/QUOTE]This. I've put more than 40 hours in already and it's only been a little over 2 weeks since I got the game. That's on top of my school year being hectic and just ending lol. It was my saving grace from going fucking insane when I was trapped at the hospital for five hours the other day.

[quote name='SynGamer']She let me have the front screen protector, but still no game until Christmas...small victories? :D

[/QUOTE]
I have the persona 4 for pspvita and now will be getting a pspvita for Christmas.

I was going to get a Hori screen protector.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hori---...ategoryId=pcmcat265900050011&id=1218581191692

Since I have the items from the premium edition. is the persona 4 golden protective skin like a screen protector is it more like a decal thing that decorates the system?

Should I put hori screen protector on it then this?

Was it hard to apply? I've done the hori screen protectors on my dsi, and 3ds no issue coarse a bit nerve wrecked from being careful..

I'm excited to play persona 4 golden played the ps2 one and beaten it month ago, but still excited to revisit the game.

Well I'm 12 hours into the game, enjoying it so far. The first boss battle kinda pissed me off because I thought surely they would give you more SP items during battles. And then
there was my level 12 characters struggling, only to find out you don't focus on the Prince, just keep attacking the shadow and the Prince will run away.

From there on out I'm trying to make sure I grind a bit when I visit the castle. Still trying to decide if I want to try and get as many trophies now as I can, or just enjoy the story and see if I'm interested in a second playthrough.

[quote name='SynGamer']Well I'm 12 hours into the game, enjoying it so far. The first boss battle kinda pissed me off because I thought surely they would give you more SP items during battles. And then
there was my level 12 characters struggling, only to find out you don't focus on the Prince, just keep attacking the shadow and the Prince will run away.

From there on out I'm trying to make sure I grind a bit when I visit the castle. Still trying to decide if I want to try and get as many trophies now as I can, or just enjoy the story and see if I'm interested in a second playthrough.[/QUOTE]

I'm over 30 hours in and I'm loving the game. I'm having a hard time with the social links. Too many girl problems. ;)

fuck that stupid bonus boss in Yukiko's Castle. I had to grind up to level 18 or so, and I still had some issues taking it down. Fortunately, the second bonus boss was a lot easier though.

[quote name='knightsdwn']fuck that stupid bonus boss in Yukiko's Castle. I had to grind up to level 18 or so, and I still had some issues taking it down. Fortunately, the second bonus boss was a lot easier though.[/QUOTE]

Contrarian King
? If so, then yeah, fuck that. Rampage took my entire party out in one go. I might come back to that later. For now, I think I messed up on the
Ganji-portion of the story. I never found that kid with a hat and I'm now on the last day before the fog sets in. I think I have a save file from about 2 hours prior so it isn't a huge loss, but over well.

Does anyone have a level guide for each boss so that I know around what level to be before heading in. I think I'm going to have to forgo my social links and focus on grinding a bit.

[quote name='SynGamer']From there on out I'm trying to make sure I grind a bit when I visit the castle. Still trying to decide if I want to try and get as many trophies now as I can, or just enjoy the story and see if I'm interested in a second playthrough.[/QUOTE]I'm almost 60 hours in and I have 44% of the trophies without really going out of my way to get them. Just enjoy and beat the game and I'm sure you'll wind up with at least 50% completion anyways.

[quote name='SynGamer']Does anyone have a level guide for each boss so that I know around what level to be before heading in. I think I'm going to have to forgo my social links and focus on grinding a bit.[/QUOTE]There are plenty of P4G guides out there but I can't say I've seen a level guide. Just wait till you get to the very last floor of a dungeon that still has enemies and look at the levels of the shadows you fight there. If you're about the same level, or a couple higher, you should be good to fight the boss of that dungeon.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SynGamer']
Contrarian King
?[/QUOTE]

Yup that asshole. It pretty much boils down to luck whether it'll do Rampage in turn 2 before you set up all your buffs or not even cast it till it has a sliver of HP left.

As for levels, I usually complete the entire dungeon in one day and clean up quests that require you to go to previous dungeons. That usually puts me in a good spot level wise where I don't have to grind that much or any at all.

[quote name='SynGamer']
Contrarian King
? If so, then yeah, fuck that. Rampage took my entire party out in one go. I might come back to that later. For now, I think I messed up on the
Ganji-portion of the story. I never found that kid with a hat and I'm now on the last day before the fog sets in. I think I have a save file from about 2 hours prior so it isn't a huge loss, but over well.

Does anyone have a level guide for each boss so that I know around what level to be before heading in. I think I'm going to have to forgo my social links and focus on grinding a bit.[/QUOTE]

As for the
Kanji dungeon, take your save back to when he first goes missing (if you can), immediately go to the shopping district that afternoon, and speak to his mother in front of her shop. You can then go to Junes on Tuesday or Thursday (Kanji goes missing on a Mon I think), talk to Naoto, and unlock the dungeon
. If you go to GameFAQs, they have alot of guides in their Persona 4 (not Persona 4 Golden) FAQs section, one of them is a boss guide. Good luck!

[quote name='bellenoire2005']As for the
Kanji dungeon, take your save back to when he first goes missing (if you can), immediately go to the shopping district that afternoon, and speak to his mother in front of her shop. You can then go to Junes on Tuesday or Thursday (Kanji goes missing on a Mon I think), talk to Naoto, and unlock the dungeon
. If you go to GameFAQs, they have alot of guides in their Persona 4 (not Persona 4 Golden) FAQs section, one of them is a boss guide. Good luck![/QUOTE]

I got lucky. I did a lot of social link stuff and also worked on my traits. I completely missed the whole
Naoto is at Junes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I eventually figured that out and spoke to him on the last Thursday before the ran comes. I though I was screwed because I thought the last day of rain was Thursday, but it's not. It's Saturday
. My characters are levels 21 and 20 right now. I went through 7 levels of the
Kanji dungeon. I just beat Daring Gigas. Thankfully I have another day to go back, stock up on some items (SP is a bitch to come by it seems) and then head back in for the final 4 floors. It appears P4G has tweaked Nice Guy and Tough Guy so that they are weak to ice and fire respectively. Hopefully that's true
. I'm hoping to level up to 23 for all of my characters if possible and beat this second boss tonight. It would be really great if we could buy items while in the TV world...

Don't click unless you've played the game already. :)

[quote name='SynGamer']I got lucky. I did a lot of social link stuff and also worked on my traits. I completely missed the whole Naoto is at Junes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I eventually figured that out and spoke to him on the last Thursday before the ran comes.[/QUOTE]

:lol: :cool:

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Don't click unless you've played the game already. :)

:lol: :cool:
[/QUOTE]

Whoa wait, that was a
HER? Damn Japanese video games and their gender-neutral characters... :razz:

I agree that SP can be an issue especially during grind sessions but the new SOS feature helps a lot. I thought it was just a gimmick but it saved my ass too many times to count. Getting the
fox
pretty much makes SP management an after thought but it gets pricey.

[quote name='knightsdwn']I agree that SP can be an issue especially during grind sessions but the new SOS feature helps a lot. I thought it was just a gimmick but it saved my ass too many times to count. Getting the
fox
pretty much makes SP management an after thought but it gets pricey.[/QUOTE]That's why
you start doing quests that the fox gives you at the shrine. Every quest you do, he discounts how much it costs to restore your SP.

And
has anybody else come across a Reaper yet? I was playing through the Void Quest dungeon again and I came across one. They are a pain in the ASS. I'm level 67 and I was still having a hard time dealing with him. Died fighting him a couple times and then I said fuck it. I'll come across him again when I'm stronger.

Visit the dungeons on rainy days. You'll find rare shadows and golden hands to fight. Use the megido line of spells to kill the hands. That will solve any level or money problems for a while.

How/when does one get these "Almighty Skills" such as Megidolaon? Those golden hands ALWAYS eat away at my SP, and then when I have them down to a sliver of health, they Escape like the little bastards they are.

[quote name='SynGamer']How/when does one get these "Almighty Skills" such as Megidolaon? Those golden hands ALWAYS eat away at my SP, and then when I have them down to a sliver of health, they Escape like the little bastards they are.[/QUOTE]As you would think, it really depends on the Persona you use. Some will learn the skill naturally, and others can be taught the skill through skill cards.

I believe once you have Naoto in your party that her Persona already comes with a pretty strong Almighty skill too.

Just finished this game last night after never playing a Persona game before...

Wow was that a great game. Can't believe I've never played any of these before, but I totally get the love and following that these games get now.

Just some final stats,

Finished at 64 hours play time
Finished at lvl 99
Max social stats
Probably 70% Social Links maxed(I got the trophy/bonus for 50% before I maxed out 4-5 more)
Finished with 57% trophies without really going out of my way(for the earlier discussion)

Anyway, this game is definitely up there on my favorites of all-time.

[quote name='PimpLimp']That's why
you start doing quests that the fox gives you at the shrine. Every quest you do, he discounts how much it costs to restore your SP.

And
has anybody else come across a Reaper yet? I was playing through the Void Quest dungeon again and I came across one. They are a pain in the ASS. I'm level 67 and I was still having a hard time dealing with him. Died fighting him a couple times and then I said fuck it. I'll come across him again when I'm stronger.
[/QUOTE]
My first experience with one came in one of the first two dungeons when I started hearing similar noises to what I heard in P3P when he was roaming a floor looking for you, which scared the shit out of me. When I figured out that he was just in a chest on that floor, that was a relief to me. I didn't bother with him because it was near the beginning of the game.

[quote name='SynGamer']How/when does one get these "Almighty Skills" such as Megidolaon? Those golden hands ALWAYS eat away at my SP, and then when I have them down to a sliver of health, they Escape like the little bastards they are.[/QUOTE]

The first one is a level 21 tower persona. Hama skills can work too if you are lucky.

Those little bastard Golden Hands. I'm like 55 hours in and I think I'm around level 60ish and have access to the Almighty skills.

I can't tell you how many times I got into a fight, saw four golden hands and instantly sported one of those gamer "I'm about to cash in on exp and $$$" boners. I would hit them with an Almighty and have all four of them way down on HPs right out of the gate, only to have three of them bolt off while the fourth stays jumping around like an idiot.

Makes me want to throw the Vita.

Have you guys aced a mid-term yet? I didn't pull it off until the third exam. It took a great deal of restraint to not look up the answers on GameFaq.

Every time I see that one female teacher, Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" starts playing in my head. Both of them. :D

[quote name='wtsutton']Those little bastard Golden Hands. I'm like 55 hours in and I think I'm around level 60ish and have access to the Almighty skills.

I can't tell you how many times I got into a fight, saw four golden hands and instantly sported one of those gamer "I'm about to cash in on exp and $$$" boners. I would hit them with an Almighty and have all four of them way down on HPs right out of the gate, only to have three of them bolt off while the fourth stays jumping around like an idiot.

Makes me want to throw the Vita.

Have you guys aced a mid-term yet? I didn't pull it off until the third exam. It took a great deal of restraint to not look up the answers on GameFaq.

Every time I see that one female teacher, Van Halen's "Hot For Teacher" starts playing in my head. Both of them. :D[/QUOTE]I suggest focusing all your attention on one Golden Hand at a time until it's dead and then moving on to the next one. If I can get a player advantage, I can kill at least one Golden Hand before they even get a chance to attack/retreat.

I actually aced the first mid-term I took but I've used a guide for every mid-term since lol.

Has anyone found a guide for the Midnight Trivia Miracle Quiz? I've looked and can't seem to find one. I haven't unlocked the Finals yet but after playing through and beating the Prelims and Playoffs, I'm dreading them.

[quote name='PimpLimp']

Has anyone found a guide for the Midnight Trivia Miracle Quiz? I've looked and can't seem to find one. I haven't unlocked the Finals yet but after playing through and beating the Prelims and Playoffs, I'm dreading them.[/QUOTE]

I haven't found one, but I didn't really need it. It's basically the same as the last two though.

[quote name='PimpLimp']That's why

And
[/QUOTE]

You should be at least level 80 before taking on The Reaper. :p

The book trophy is a giant pain in my ass. It basically requires you to have the Strength SL at a certain rank or you'll miss an event leading to you getting one of the books.

Anyone know how to find those Reapers???
I came across them so many times in the beginning when I was low level, but since now I am lvl +90 those Reapers won't show up T.T
Are they afraid of me? I wanna kill them so baddddd.

[quote name='TimesTicking']Anyone know how to find those Reapers???
I came across them so many times in the beginning when I was low level, but since now I am lvl +90 those Reapers won't show up T.T
Are they afraid of me? I wanna kill them so baddddd.[/QUOTE]

Open 20 chests in total, then you'll hear the chains rattling. On the 21st chest, make sure it is a regular chest and not a gold one. When you do, there's a slight chance the Reaper will pop out, it will warn you before he does. If you open the chest and he does not pop out, you have to do it all over again.

So I saved
Rise/Teddie
. Man was that second round a long-ass battle. While I was grinding before the boss I came across three golden hands and a tank-like shadow. fuck. That. Shit. For whatever reason, the tank was one-hit killing my party. I ended up winning, but I was the only person alive. 15,000 EXP...for 1 character. *sigh*. At least I'm now a level 38? My other charcters are 33-36 so they aren't too far behind.

I would really like to see a guide that shows the suggested character levels for each boss, just to give me an idea if I'm close or not.

[quote name='SynGamer']So I saved
Rise/Teddie
. Man was that second round a long-ass battle. While I was grinding before the boss I came across three golden hands and a tank-like shadow. fuck. That. Shit. For whatever reason, the tank was one-hit killing my party. I ended up winning, but I was the only person alive. 15,000 EXP...for 1 character. *sigh*. At least I'm now a level 38? My other charcters are 33-36 so they aren't too far behind.

I would really like to see a guide that shows the suggested character levels for each boss, just to give me an idea if I'm close or not.[/QUOTE]

If you make one extra run through of the previous "dungeon" you should be okay.

I can't decide who to romance...are all of the girls options, or will one of them eventually go for some other guy, thus wasting my time? I don't foresee myself maxing out all of the Social Links so I want to make sure I'm focusing on the right one(s).

[quote name='SynGamer']I can't decide who to romance...are all of the girls options, or will one of them eventually go for some other guy, thus wasting my time? I don't foresee myself maxing out all of the Social Links so I want to make sure I'm focusing on the right one(s).[/QUOTE]

You can romance any/all of the girls, they won't go for anyone else. It doesn't really matter who you choose though.

On your first playthrough, you should focus on leveling up your party's (especially the characters you use most) SLs, since their personae will evolve once they reach rank 10.

[quote name='SynGamer']I can't decide who to romance...are all of the girls options, or will one of them eventually go for some other guy, thus wasting my time? I don't foresee myself maxing out all of the Social Links so I want to make sure I'm focusing on the right one(s).[/QUOTE]

You can max social link in playthrough. You even have more time in golden than the original.

Was around 60 hours in...got the bad ending (which definitely lives up to its name). Good thing I saved on multiple files when it warned me that shizzle was about to get real. How many hours of gameplay are left on the table if you get the bad ending? Looks like a considerable amount.

Well, I'm 34 hours in and I just unlocked the
Void Quest
Dungeon. I figure once I complete this I'm half way through the game? My character levels range from 38-31, which Chie at 31. I just went and beat the first two optional bosses. I may grind a bit in the
Marukyu Striptease
dungeon to try and raise Chie up to around 34-35. She'll still be one of the lower leveled characters, but better than 31.

Do any of the main characters die? I don't mind if there is a spoiler, I just hate leveling characters up if it is ultimately useless.

Also: I freaking love the social aspect of this game. It pretty much lets me relive my youth as the "cool kid", which I definitely wasn't in High School :razz:

bread's done
Back