Persona 4 : Golden Fall 2012

[quote name='ClydeShebang']If you're bothered about trophies, one word of advice don't worry about Hardcore Risette, it actually carries over to new game plus. Also analyzing with the L1 button doesn't count from what I know.[/QUOTE]

Has that been confirmed? It was a huge point of contention last time I checked, but I hope it's true for everyone else's sake. Either way, I got lucky and ended up with it near the end of my first playthrough. Man, I can't imagine hunting for it.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Has that been confirmed? It was a huge point of contention last time I checked, but I hope it's true for everyone else's sake. Either way, I got lucky and ended up with it near the end of my first playthrough. Man, I can't imagine hunting for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's been confirmed on the Gamefaqs boards to carry over. If it helps I got mine pretty early in the second playthrough. I would recommend purchasing items such as the tesla coil etc to help with the enemy down lines for each character.

[quote name='ClydeShebang']Yeah it's been confirmed on the Gamefaqs boards to carry over. If it helps I got mine pretty early in the second playthrough. I would recommend purchasing items such as the tesla coil etc to help with the enemy down lines for each character.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome news.

I just beat this game and honestly almost teared up. Anyway I wanna play persona 3 now lol anyone know if one is more voice acted then the other when it comes to fes vs p3p

[quote name='thefurrypanda']I just beat this game and honestly almost teared up. Anyway I wanna play persona 3 now lol anyone know if one is more voice acted then the other when it comes to fes vs p3p[/QUOTE]

I played P4G first, then P3P. Honestly, I enjoyed both for different reasons. P3P has similar gameplay and an interesting storyline; if you like the Persona games it wouldn't hurt to play it.

P3P is excellent, though it has a more nihilistic view and slightly darker tone than Golden. Plus you you can get 2 playthroughs, MC and FeMC with different main party social links.

Hmm i was more askin if p3p is considered a better experience then p3 fes. I know fes has an epilogue and animated scenes. I was curious if they both had equal amounts of voiced convos, if p3p isnt voiced id prolly just sit down on my couch and play fes for cheaper (10 bucks for fes vs 20 for p3p) even if the main reason i was able to ginish golden was because it was portable :p (im hooked now and really wanna beat p3 before jumping into p4 arena)

I've not played FES but been wanting to just for the extra animations and epilogue but from what I understand (Iv'e only played P3P) the voices are all in the game but instead of seeing the character models outside of dungeons we see them visual novel format.

Gameplay wise P3P is considered far superior to FES, making it more like P4 with the ability control party members and costumes etc. It really depends what you want, if you want the 'proper' story experience then FES. If you don't mind visual novel style and would prefer less frustrating gameplay then P3P.

You know a game is excellent when it's a 100 or so hour game, you are only 3 hours into it, and you are obsessed, calling it your favorite game of all time already. Yeah, so far Persona 4 Golden has sucked me in that much. It's a shame I only get about 2-3 hours a week to play...I'll be here awhile!

[quote name='62t']Gameplay wise FES is better, but P3P has the better battle system.[/QUOTE]

Picked up p3p and will prolly play as the girl and then buy fes and play as the boy and do the extra content/ check out the animation.

Last edited by a moderator:
The true ending was awesome, totally glad to have soldiered on through the gameplay and story. Can anyone tell me if the anime is comparable in quality?

I also have a quick question in regards to one of the boss monsters....
What is the reward for beating the grim reaper super-boss in the randomized dungeon chest? Is there a way to trigger this boss to appear more often? I only encountered it twice throughout my 100+hr campaign...and got bowed over ruthlessly.

[quote name='FatBoyInside']
I also have a quick question in regards to one of the boss monsters....
What is the reward for beating the grim reaper super-boss in the randomized dungeon chest? Is there a way to trigger this boss to appear more often? I only encountered it twice throughout my 100+hr campaign...and got bowed over ruthlessly.
[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Persona 3?
There is a mission/quest that becomes available once you reach the 6th block of Tartarus. You have to acquire a "bloody button" from the reaper. You get $5,000,000 as a reward once you complete the quest.

The easiest way to battle the reaper is to go to Tartarus when Fuka says there will be more accidents. She will tell you this before asking her to go to Tartarus for the night (it happens on predetermined days). Once you are in Tartarus, go to the 2nd floor and keep advancing to the top. When you use the stairs, Fuka might tell you "There are more enemies than usual" meaning there are only Golden Shadows, which always have cursed cards during Shuffle Time. Fuka might also say "There are no enemies in the area" which means Death will appear soon.

Just so you know, Death is crazy hard. He keeps using this Almighty magic that attacks your party. My party is around Lv 75 and I have a Persona with 99 on every stat, yet Death still kills my team in a few turns.

[quote name='thefurrypanda']Picked up p3p and will prolly play as the girl and then buy fes and play as the boy and do the extra content/ check out the animation.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, in Persona 3 FES, you can jump right into the extra content from the begging. No need to play through the original campaign again.

Question: I have found Persona 3 Portable to be far to easy (playing on normal mode). How difficult is Persona 4 in comparison to Persona 3?

[quote name='thefurrypanda']Picked up p3p and will prolly play as the girl and then buy fes and play as the boy and do the extra content/ check out the animation.[/QUOTE]

Play FES first. It will be harder to go back once you try p3p's battle system.

[quote name='FatBoyInside'] I also have a quick question in regards to one of the boss monsters....
[/QUOTE]

In P4P, you can trigger the reaper to appear by opening up 21 chests and then opening up a regular chest. Do not move from the floor where you start hearing the chains or open up a golden chest as it will reset the counter. Also, the chances of it appearing is higher in Adachi's dungeon.

For beating the reaper, you'll get the MC's ultimate weapon and each successive kill will have it drop another ultimate weapon for one of your party members.

Thanks knightsdwn for the clarification. I also did not realize there was a similar boss in P3P, so kudos for that tip, too, popular penquin. I had hoped it would have unlocked a super-duper Persona to control ... maybe in P5 haha.

Just beat the game, True Golden ending. AMAZING game. I honestly don't know how the next games I play are going to top this.

[quote name='SynGamer']Just beat the game, True Golden ending. AMAZING game. I honestly don't know how the next games I play are going to top this.[/QUOTE]

Play Persona 3, it wont top it but it will come close.

[quote name='62t']Play Persona 3, it wont top it but it will come close.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought Oddworld: Strangers Wrath HD for the Vita, so I'll be trying that next I think. After that, we'll see.

Had my first ever mid-game crash with the Vita thanks to P4. Not sure why it happened but going from floor 2 to 3 in the 8 bit dungeon I got a fatal crash asking me if i want to send a report to Sony. Sadly I hadnt saved in about 6 hours so I got quite a bit of backtracking to do.

I have heard there to be some save error glitch where it gets corrupted. So for those still playing, and sure to regularly back up.

[quote name='Bezerker']Had my first ever mid-game crash with the Vita thanks to P4. Not sure why it happened but going from floor 2 to 3 in the 8 bit dungeon I got a fatal crash asking me if i want to send a report to Sony. Sadly I hadnt saved in about 6 hours so I got quite a bit of backtracking to do.[/QUOTE]

..Holy shit. 6 hours? I would throw the game in the fucking trash and never look back. Sorry to hear that man.

[quote name='Yanksfan']..Holy shit. 6 hours? I would throw the game in the fucking trash and never look back. Sorry to hear that man.[/QUOTE]

i had that happen to me during p3p, guess saving regularly is best for rpgs in general.

[quote name='ClydeShebang']i had that happen to me during p3p, guess saving regularly is best for rpgs in general.[/QUOTE]

Ouch, did you replay it or just move on from the game?

[quote name='ClydeShebang']i had that happen to me during p3p, guess saving regularly is best for rpgs in general.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Yanksfan']Ouch, did you replay it or just move on from the game?[/QUOTE]

Damn this has happened to me a lot. I give you mad respect if you go back and replay it immediately. Whenever that happens, I move on to another game so I can forget how much time was wasted.

I have a question... does anyone know how to get a save game to work on another PSV? I have a completed save game that my friend wants to use because he just wants to do a new game + since he's already beaten the PS2 version. Like me he doesn't really care for trophies so not being able to get trophies is not an issue. Does anyone know how to get this to work? I've tried to back up the P4G save game files and copying the files to my friend's PC so that he could do a restore but it didn't work for him. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

I don't think there's any way, at least not an easy way, to separate the save from the game in a way that would be transferrable to third parties, as it's probably a way to avoid save hacking that's plagued their attempts to fix piracy on the PSP.

@FT & 62t,

Thank you guys for your reply. I think I'll have to just end up doing that. Back up my whole memory card and then restoring it on another one so he can use my completed save game.

On that note, I have another question regarding Persona in general while I'm here. I'm looking to purchase one of the concerts on Blu-Ray/DVD. Would the 2012 Mayonaka or the 2009 Velvet Room version be a better purchase? Should I just get both? Decisions decisions...

bread's done
Back