Persona 4 Golden Skin and Wallpaper Set for PS Vita $9.99 @ BestBuy.com

I don't think the publishers have a problem with this; they do it all the time. I got the RE: Revelations 3DS case well after it's release.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']im sorry but why are you guys complaining?[/QUOTE]

Because they wanted to be able to take advantage of people on ebay and now that Best Buy is selling them for $10 theyre butthurt over losing potential buyers.

[quote name='kouleefoh']you can order it from newegg and return that to Bestbuy.[/QUOTE]

On Monday I should know if I will be getting a Solid Gold that was never "picked up" from being pre-ordered from a local store. The idea is that if I DO get it I'll just return the one that comes in the box ~ that is unless it has a different UPC in which case I am screwed. Leaving town for the weekend though so what's a guy gonna do?

[quote name='Youngnoble']Amazon has the premium edition back in stock.[/QUOTE]

WTF bought! Thanks x100000000 for the heads up!

[quote name='dgwillia006']I'm really glad I managed to get 3 of these for whenever I try to apply them (Got one when I brought my standard, and got 2 with my Solid Gold)

Either way, I'm surprised Best Buy is allowed to do this, most Gamestop's didnt even get them in for all their pre-orders.....I know my store had atleast 5 pre-orders and no skins[/QUOTE]

Again, you can take these off and re-apply them.

So glad the employee at Gamestop randomly gave it to me since he knows I have a Vita and I'm a regular there. Saved me $10!

this pissed me off best buy is costing me money now i cant sell this piece of crap to some fool on ebay who will pay 20 for something that isn't worth 25 cents...

i need to add mine to my trade list to see if i can get something out of it cause i will never use mine

$10 for this is definitely a rip-off. The skin itself isn't that well made, but at least it looks nice once you finally manage to get it on the Vita. I used an exacto-knife to cut out the screen area since I already had a screen protector.

[quote name='smokeyjoey8']Because they wanted to be able to take advantage of people on ebay and now that Best Buy is selling them for $10 theyre butthurt over losing potential buyers.[/QUOTE]

Its not only that, but it was a preorder bonus (even thought that doesn't really matter since its being given with a lot of orders anyways). But it also comes in the premium edition (limited to 10k, which I'm questioning now seeing it in stock places). So Best Buy is telling its customers "Hey, no need to preorder you can always get the bonuses later if you really want them." they did this with the final fantasy faceplate to.

The lesson in all of this is to sell your crap you think is valuable ASAP. Preorder codes, Collectors editions, etc. If you plan to sell them sell them, take what you can get.

You're not investing 20 grand in stocks here people. The people who hoard video game items thinking they'll make a quick buck dont realize that its more work than to make money that way than to just put in an extra few hours at work.

Anybody know how to report this to Atlus? If Best Buy isn't authorized to sell this, I want Atlus to know that they are.

[quote name='Fukurou']Anybody know how to report this to Atlus? If Best Buy isn't authorized to sell this, I want Atlus to know that they are.[/QUOTE]With Aram Jabbari no longer working for them, I have no idea who to get in contact with over at ATLUS USA. But here, after a quick search I found their twitter: https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA

I don't have a twitter myself but I'm sure someone here could bring this to their attention.

EDIT: And somebody already made a thread about it on the ATLUS forums: http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?p=303998#post303998

Why are people so offended with Bestbuy doing this? If you've received this for free with pre-order, then that means you've got this without having to pay $10. Shouldn't you be more mad if they start to give this out for FREE? Then that means you didn't receive anything of value for pre-ordering.

BTW, i saw the thread made in ATLUS Forum was created by Gargus. Isn't he supposed to win some kinda Villain of the year here sometime ago?

It's a hori screen cover, just place it on mine is nice, no scratches or bubbles and i didn't need anything to place it on. On a side note I don't mind them selling them as I had reward zone certificates, so it was only 3 bucks or so as i had 2 left on a gift card.

Better than some of the fellow cags on here charging 22 shipped for one. And yes there is a user on here doing that.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Why are people so offended with Bestbuy doing this? If you've received this for free with pre-order, then that means you've got this without having to pay $10. Shouldn't you be more mad if they start to give this out for FREE? Then that means you didn't receive anything of value for pre-ordering.

BTW, i saw the thread made in ATLUS Forum was created by Gargus. Isn't he supposed to win some kinda Villain of the year here sometime ago?[/QUOTE]

It just seems shady to me. As if they decided just to hold onto them and sell them for extra profit.

I guess everyone just wants to be sure Best Buy isnt going behind Atlus's back or whatever, because if that is the case its pretty screwed up.

I'm telling!

BTW, i saw the thread made in ATLUS Forum was created by Gargus. Isn't he supposed to win some kinda Villain of the year here sometime ago?
Beat me to it. Yeah, Gargus was something of a Grumpy Gus: if I remember correctly he was banned from posting; its possible that he saw this thread here while lurking and then posted in the Atlus forums.

[quote name='kouleefoh']Why are people so offended with Bestbuy doing this? If you've received this for free with pre-order, then that means you've got this without having to pay $10. Shouldn't you be more mad if they start to give this out for FREE? Then that means you didn't receive anything of value for pre-ordering.

BTW, i saw the thread made in ATLUS Forum was created by Gargus. Isn't he supposed to win some kinda Villain of the year here sometime ago?[/QUOTE]Well if the hypothetical you mentioned earlier was to be true, and BB did cut a deal with ATLUS, I of course would have no problem with this what so ever. Otherwise I've made my point pretty clear. If Best Buy were to give these out for free w/ purchase of P4G, I'd be fine with that too. In the end, it would all go to supporting the developer, ATLUS. Who isn't even that big of a developer to begin with.

Assuming Best Buy is doing this without any permission from ATLUS, you don't see anything wrong in BB selling a pre-order skin, one that clearly states "NOT FOR SALE", and in which they had absolutely no hand in producing, for 25% of the games retail value?

[quote name='dgwillia006']It just seems shady to me. As if they decided just to hold onto them and sell them for extra profit.

I guess everyone just wants to be sure Best Buy isnt going behind Atlus's back or whatever, because if that is the case its pretty screwed up.[/QUOTE]

I agree it's not right, but just saying that if they were really crooked there are people more so. And besides, not like Best buy or any other retailer always plays fair.

Has anyone actually tried to buy one? If I remember correctly, the Assassin's Creed III and Prototype 2 steelbooks were both listed for sale on BB's website, but when you tried to buy them without ALSO preordering the game, your order would be cancelled. I don't know why Best Buy gave them their own listings in the first place (maybe it has something to do with how they process physical bonus items), but the point is that they were cancelled.

This sounds like the exact same thing, especially since they note multiple times in the listing that it is a gift with preorder. It's possibly just a lingering preorder item that BB forgot to remove after P4G came out.

Tbh, i kinda think its neat that bb would sell pre-order items seperately .. No need to report its just a skin anyways not a expansive preorder item

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Tbh, i kinda think its neat that bb would sell pre-order items seperately .. No need to report its just a skin anyways not a expansive preorder item[/QUOTE]

I bet most of the people that are upset about this are mad because they can't get it for a penny.

[quote name='skiizim']I bet most of the people that are upset about this are mad because they can't get it for a penny.[/QUOTE]
and we got slidecage who's mad because bestbuy made it hard for him to sell his for $20 haha

[quote name='kouleefoh']and we got slidecage who's mad because bestbuy made it hard for him to sell his for $20 haha[/QUOTE]

That's the only reason I can see anyone here being mad .if anyone here thinks best buy is that stupid to sell any item without the manufactors agreement are missing a few marbles. They know this would be a lawsuit without some kind of agreement so get over it you won't be able to gouge again until when/if they go out of stock

[quote name='Rockinjs']That's the only reason I can see anyone here being mad .if anyone here thinks best buy is that stupid to sell any item without the manufactors agreement are missing a few marbles. They know this would be a lawsuit without some kind of agreement so get over it you won't be able to gouge again until when/if they go out of stock[/QUOTE]

This. Bestbuy and other retailers sell extra physical pre-order bonuses all the time.

[quote name='iamsmart']Has anyone actually tried to buy one? If I remember correctly, the Assassin's Creed III and Prototype 2 steelbooks were both listed for sale on BB's website, but when you tried to buy them without ALSO preordering the game, your order would be cancelled. I don't know why Best Buy gave them their own listings in the first place (maybe it has something to do with how they process physical bonus items), but the point is that they were cancelled.

This sounds like the exact same thing, especially since they note multiple times in the listing that it is a gift with preorder. It's possibly just a lingering preorder item that BB forgot to remove after P4G came out.[/QUOTE]

I said i did buy one, remember? It went through and was confirmed.

[quote name='skiizim']I bet most of the people that are upset about this are mad because they can't get it for a penny.[/QUOTE]

This actually crossed my mind as well, I just didn't say it. :)

That and now they can't sell their own for this price or more.

How likely would I get a skin if I bought Persona 4 from Best Buy or Amazon? Best Buy still has it in the Features.

[quote name='Namerson']This. Bestbuy and other retailers sell extra physical pre-order bonuses all the time.[/QUOTE]

This.

It's insane people are crying over this.

$10 for a skin.... not sure but isn't that asking quite a lot just for a damn skin? >.<
I already ordered the game w/skin on NewEgg so I can put it on my Vita but I wanna buy another just to keep it, but $10 seems a lot >.

I think atlus made a ton of these, I stopped in gamestop today because they supposedly had a premium edition in stock and the manager gave me a skin for free for wasting my time.

I can confirm that if you buy the game from Walmart it comes with this skin/wallpaper. Ordered and received mine this week.

Needing a screen protector, I'd probably order this if I didn't think it looks kind of wonky on the white Vitas. Gonna look for the clear Hori skin instead but I'll be damned if I didn't admit that I first checked to see what people were spending on these over on eBay.

PS: Coincidentally, searching for a Vita skin on BestBuy.com was how I stumbled on this in the first place. Went ahead and downloaded the wallpapers, though.

I ordered one yesterdat morning and 2 hours later I got the email that it shipped. I didn't realize Amazon was still sending these out with the game. I got my Amazon copy that same afternoon with the skin. Oh well, guess I have an extra now.

So these have a part that covers the screen? I was hoping they were just to cover the face of the Vita.

Doesn't look too bad on the white vita. Someone posted a picture with it on a white vita.
photo.jpg

[quote name='vesp']I think atlus made a ton of these, I stopped in gamestop today because they supposedly had a premium edition in stock and the manager gave me a skin for free for wasting my time.[/QUOTE]

My only annoyance is when I went to pickup up my preorder at GameStop the store I preordered at didn't get them at all with the game. At least I can get one from Best Buy now.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']So these have a part that covers the screen? I was hoping they were just to cover the face of the Vita.

Doesn't look too bad on the white vita. Someone posted a picture with it on a white vita.
photo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Included with the skin is a download code for a wallpaper to match the skin. Nothing's on that screen.

[quote name='Byakurai']Included with the skin is a download code for a wallpaper to match the skin. Nothing's on that screen.[/QUOTE]

Untrue. It does cover the screen. It isn't just a skin, but a full front cover to protect the screen as well.

I just applied mine. Looks flawless, love it. Now to just get the wallpapers...

Does anyone here have photoshop and access to the P4G skin wallpapers? I used to have PS but no longer and I cannot seem to get the website with the wallpapers to load, keeps timing out. If you can assist me, please PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PimpLimp']I've heard they're a REAL pain in the ass to put on. Other than that, it's usually just about preference. Plenty of youtube videos if you really want answers.[/QUOTE]
damn, i'm the worst when it comes to putting skin or screen protector on.

For anyone that didn't get the pre-order, I would actually recommend this skin. It's a matté/non-glossy skin all around EXCEPT for the screen portion which is 100% transparent and has a nice glossy smooth finish.

EDIT: it took me three attempts to correctly align, overall, I'd say 60 seconds max from start to finish. For me, lining up the speaker cutouts is what helped my apply this the third time. They are the closest to the outer edge and if you can get those to align, the rest should be spot-on.

LBuMWl.jpg

Keep seeing this thread which tempts me to purchase the game (as well as the skin). I've never played the Persona series, but keep hearing this is the best game on the Vita so far. I feel like a sheep :)

Anyone try putting the skin over the Sony Screen Protector? I hear this one isnt really THAT great at protecting the screen, so I'd prefer not to waste an already perfectly applied skin.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anyone try putting the skin over the Sony Screen Protector? I hear this one isnt really THAT great at protecting the screen, so I'd prefer not to waste an already perfectly applied skin.[/QUOTE]

Would not work, and if this is made by hori im guessing. It is good at protecting the screen

Ah, ok then. I keep hearing mixed things about it, some say it works good, and others say they still managed to get screen scratches somehow.

Man I want this game but I might wait for a sale. I keep kicking myself for not getting the other Persona games on PSN the week before. Hopefully they go on sale again.

bread's done
Back