Persona 4 Golden Skin and Wallpaper Set for PS Vita $9.99 @ BestBuy.com

[quote name='Not Eric']Just a little bit more money but from a company I've heard good things about when it comes to iPad skins....

Decal Girl skins for Vita

Glossy and matte finishes.

Just note that neither the ebay or Decal Girl skins have any protection for the screen itself while the Persona one does.[/QUOTE]

i bought a white skin for my vita and it was okay, the only thing is it has cutout for a memory card on the side. i dunno if they based it on a different model (japan or 1st gen, or...?) but my white vita has no slots on the sides. also...it picks up dust on the sticky edges over time!!

I really can't decide whether to put this on my original 3G Vita or the white AC one I got from Amazon so cheap. I already have my original one well protected but as others have mentioned, I'm not sure how this will look on a white Vita. I got the Solid Gold edition so I'm prepared to deck it out with everything if I go through with it.

Does anyone have a pic of this on a white Vita?

[quote name='chriscolbert']I really can't decide whether to put this on my original 3G Vita or the white AC one I got from Amazon so cheap. I already have my original one well protected but as others have mentioned, I'm not sure how this will look on a white Vita. I got the Solid Gold edition so I'm prepared to deck it out with everything if I go through with it.

Does anyone have a pic of this on a white Vita?[/QUOTE]

Its on here

[quote name='dgwillia006']Anyone try putting the skin over the Sony Screen Protector? I hear this one isnt really THAT great at protecting the screen, so I'd prefer not to waste an already perfectly applied skin.[/QUOTE]

I have a third-party full front screen protector and I put the Personal screen protector over it just fine...

[quote name='chriscolbert']I really can't decide whether to put this on my original 3G Vita or the white AC one I got from Amazon so cheap. I already have my original one well protected but as others have mentioned, I'm not sure how this will look on a white Vita. I got the Solid Gold edition so I'm prepared to deck it out with everything if I go through with it.

Does anyone have a pic of this on a white Vita?[/QUOTE]

Black: http://i.imgur.com/LBuMWl.jpg (my personal Vita)
White: http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad39/iselphy/photo.jpg (someone else's...)

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Its on here[/QUOTE]

I saw the black one but am still overlooking the white one I guess...

[quote name='SynGamer']I have a third-party full front screen protector and I put the Personal screen protector over it just fine...

Black: http://i.imgur.com/LBuMWl.jpg (my personal Vita)
White: http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad39/iselphy/photo.jpg (someone else's...)[/QUOTE]

... until now.

Thanks! That actually looks pretty slick.

[quote name='Namerson']Doesn't the paper that the skin comes on specifically say that the skin is not meant to be screen protector?[/QUOTE]

On the contrary, it says "This skin protects your PS Vita from small scratches and dust using a self-adhesive sheet."

Honestly, if you manage to scratch your screen with the P4 skin on it, another protector would not have helped. I'd say at that point you should just accept that your ham hands are not going to work smoothly with electronics.

As somebody who takes great care of my handhelds, I'd love to know how people managed to scratch this screen at all. With your hand? With the stylus? I mean seriously, how did you manage?

[quote name='SynGamer']That's exactly what I was thinking. Not to mention it just classes my black Vita up. http://i.imgur.com/LBuMWl.jpg[/QUOTE]
I prefer my Vita naked.

wallpaper1988440.jpg

[quote name='htz']I prefer my Vita naked.

wallpaper1988440.jpg
[/QUOTE]

If I never touched my Vita, I would too. Sadly, I actually play it and fingerprints are unavoidable :)

[quote name='Saix_XIII']On the contrary, it says "This skin protects your PS Vita from small scratches and dust using a self-adhesive sheet."[/QUOTE]

Ah, when I first heard of this I assumed it was a decal thing going everywhere but on the screen. I didn't find out till I actually applied it that it went on the screen as well.

[quote name='Slowdance']Honestly, if you manage to scratch your screen with the P4 skin on it, another protector would not have helped. I'd say at that point you should just accept that your ham hands are not going to work smoothly with electronics.

As somebody who takes great care of my handhelds, I'd love to know how people managed to scratch this screen at all. With your hand? With the stylus? I mean seriously, how did you manage?[/QUOTE]

:applause: Enough said...

[quote name='Abeja']I ordered the game off Amazon. Hoping I get a skin.[/QUOTE]

If it's not listed on the page as still available i doubt it as they take off pre-order items once they are unavailable.

Wow...this is low. I pre-ordered from Best Buy and not only did they not receive the skin but they also made me go out and find my game on the shelf. Lame all around.

Really? Why would you even stand for that? I mean seriously I hear so many consumers that say they got an open game from gamestop or Best Buy didn't do this or that. SAY NO!!! Say I don't want that this isn't what I asked for I'll take my business elsewhere. Transactions take 2 parties don't just lay over and die when the other party doesn't fulfill their obligations.

As for the Persona 4 skin on a white vita i've wondered this myself. I have the solid gold edition of P4 and wanted to get the assassin's creed bundle but i"m not so sure now because the skin may look hideous on a white vita.

[quote name='Darigaaz']Wow...this is low. I pre-ordered from Best Buy and not only did they not receive the skin but they also made me go out and find my game on the shelf. Lame all around.[/QUOTE]

The first time I pre-ordered from them they made me do that, so now I just do it online for in store pickup so they have to do it for me. What's the point if I have to go get it off the shelf?

My skin got attacked by dust when I tried to put it on and then it got scratched on the bottom.. :cry:

So I guess I have to order another one

[quote name='Waru']My skin got attacked by dust when I tried to put it on and then it got scratched on the bottom.. :cry:

So I guess I have to order another one[/QUOTE]

You could just cut the screen part out with an x-acto knife and buy a screen protector to replace it for cheaper that is what I am going to do. But you might want to be careful when doing it soo you don't cut into the actual skinned part. I have two skins one from preorder and the another from Solid Gold Edition but I am going to make sure I do it with caution.

[quote name='Sion']You could just cut the screen part out with an x-acto knife and buy a screen protector to replace it for cheaper that is what I am going to do. But you might want to be careful when doing it soo you don't cut into the actual skinned part. I have two skins one from preorder and the another from Solid Gold Edition but I am going to make sure I do it with caution.[/QUOTE]

I will try this but I am going to order one just to have on hand anyway.

[quote name='kouleefoh']I definitely would buy a skin for my black vita, it looks kinda disgusting with all the finger prints.[/QUOTE]

Wash your hands before you play it and defiantly don't eat some Cheetos while playing. =P

I do get what you mean, I always have a cleaning cloth nearby when I'm playing.

Hmm the guys at Gamestop gave me one of these for free. I may not have to open up my 2 copies of the game now.. though i still kinda want to for the Vita cover

Question: anyone seen a video or picture of the white Ass creed bundle with this skin on? Im curious how it would look. Thats the one i have and dont want to throw it on if its gonna look screwy. I did a search but all the videos/pics are on a regular black vita

*edit* just noticed the pic on the last page.. unfortunately he white pic is kinda blurry and not that good. Anyone know of a video or better pics? Not sure if i like it with the white one. Also reading some posts its seems this may actually be a screen protector? Not just a skin? Is that true?

[quote name='skiizim']Wash your hands before you play it and defiantly don't eat some Cheetos while playing. =P

I do get what you mean, I always have a cleaning cloth nearby when I'm playing.[/QUOTE]

I actually need a high quality cleaning cloth.. what do you use?

Just a heads up, but there are a lot of better looking custom made full body skins on eBay. Those ones come with sections meant to actually go around the directional pad, buttons (not just leave the black circle), and even the grip pads in the back. Plus some give you the option of choosing your finish (matte vs gloss).

The wallpapers you can find for free with some Google searches. This skin looks beautiful with the wallpapers. Heavily considering purchasing but just wondering if anyone owns this is the quality good? Does the skin start to peel off or anything? Just wondering.

[quote name='Komentra']The wallpapers you can find for free with some Google searches. This skin looks beautiful with the wallpapers. Heavily considering purchasing but just wondering if anyone owns this is the quality good? Does the skin start to peel off or anything? Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

I've had the skin on my Vita for a few weeks now, and while the edges are 100% flush with the face of the Vita, I haven't had a single problem with it peeling or anything of the sort. And you're right, it looks great with the wallpapers.

http://i.imgur.com/LBuMWl.jpg

[quote name='SynGamer']I've had the skin on my Vita for a few weeks now, and while the edges are 100% flush with the face of the Vita, I haven't had a single problem with it peeling or anything of the sort. And you're right, it looks great with the wallpapers.

http://i.imgur.com/LBuMWl.jpg[/QUOTE]

Okay, that picture just convinced me to buy it. I got a question if you don't mind.

I already have the wallpapers on my Vita but when I turn the system on it doesn't show the wallpaper on the screen that you have shown (where you peel to open). How do you do that?

EDIT: Nevermind. Figured it out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Komentra']Okay, that picture just convinced me to buy it. I got a question if you don't mind.
I already have the wallpapers on my Vita but when I turn the system on it doesn't show the wallpaper on the screen that you have shown (where you peel to open). How do you do that?[/QUOTE]

Go to the photo viewer, find the image you want, click the "...", then "Use as start screen"

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Go to the photo viewer, find the image you want, click the "...", then "Use as start screen"[/QUOTE]

Figured it out right before your post but thanks. :)

I've got the Armorsuit protective skin on my PS Vita, and I don't care enough about Persona 4 Golden to want the skin on my Vita, so I'm happy to give/sell the skin and wallpaper. I'll probably just include them when I eventually sell my used Persona 4 Golden.

Anyhow, my game arrived yesterday morning. Not sure if it's typical or not, due to the holidays...anyhow, I saw no difference in express shipping speed vs. expedited shipping speed (the latter is free for Silver members). I paid the extra $2 for express b/c I'm leaving the country soon. It took two days to get here. It's always taken two days when I use expedited shipping, so I feel like I wasted the $2. Oh well.

Just ordered the game/skin yesterday for my white vita. I've never played a Persona game. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Just ordered the game/skin yesterday for my white vita. I've never played a Persona game. Hopefully I didn't make a mistake.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about getting this for my white vita as well, but I'm just a little worried the skin wouldn't look as good with the white. Does anyone have a picture of the skin on a white vita?

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Anyone think the skin is worth it?[/QUOTE]

I think its worth it, you won't see fingerprints and its a screen protector even though it says it isn't o_O

[quote name='TimesTicking']I think its worth it, you won't see fingerprints and its a screen protector even though it says it isn't o_O[/QUOTE]

The chances of putting it on wrong is high for me); idk if i shud take the chance

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']The chances of putting it on wrong is high for me); idk if i shud take the chance[/QUOTE]

It took me three attempts to correctly align, overall, I'd say 60 seconds max from start to finish. For me, lining up the speaker cutouts is what helped my apply this the third time. They are the closest to the outer edge and if you can get those to align, the rest should be spot-on.

Note: I did not let it apply/seal very much in my first two attempts. It was pretty easy to tell it wasn't aligned properly the first two times, and then as I said, lining up the speaker cutouts make it much easier the third time. To each their own :)

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']The chances of putting it on wrong is high for me); idk if i shud take the chance[/QUOTE]
Lol same here. I got frustrated with my 3DS screen protector and eventually I just threw it away.

[quote name='SInX4Lyfe']Anyone think the skin is worth it?[/QUOTE]
just my opinion but i think the white vita with clear hori screen protector ($5.73 @ Amazon and covers the entire face) looks the best.

Since it seems this is actually a screen protector and not just a skin.. how does it work for protecting the screen? Does it mess with the touch sensitivity at all or anything like that? Im leery about sticking mine on since i have the white one. I dont think it looks that great with the white, but ive been thinking of doing a screen protector. If this one works pretty good it may be the extra nudge i need to just slap it on

BTW whoever posted the pic of the white vita.. that is an awesome Working!! keychain sitting under the vita!

[quote name='Kenshindono']Since it seems this is actually a screen protector and not just a skin.. how does it work for protecting the screen? Does it mess with the touch sensitivity at all or anything like that? Im leery about sticking mine on since i have the white one. I dont think it looks that great with the white, but ive been thinking of doing a screen protector. If this one works pretty good it may be the extra nudge i need to just slap it on
[/QUOTE]

I don't know about the Hori screen protector but the Persona 4 skin seems quite a bit uhh how to say worst than the Sony screen protector I put on my Vita. It scratches and smudges very easily from what I have seen messing around with one of my extra. That being said if you are careful with it like you should then its not terrible.

I'm the type that can never put on screen protectors without some dust getting under (tried for hours on my first phone, ended up scratching the protector when trying to scrape dust off), but the P4G skin went on perfectly for me without dust in 15 minutes. Considering it took me 45 minutes to put on a different vita screen protector and even then I had to deal with dust in the corner, I think this one is a lot easier for some reason, even including the fact you have to get it on straight. It also wipes clean fine and doesn't seem to mess with sensitivity (I have trouble in LBP right now but I'm just going to blame that on the game, I'm really not enjoying it).

However, mine's chipping around the start button... I'm kind of interested in buying another skin to keep around because I'm worried how long it will last. (Anyone willing to trade/sell theirs?)

[quote name='Kenshindono']Since it seems this is actually a screen protector and not just a skin.. how does it work for protecting the screen? Does it mess with the touch sensitivity at all or anything like that? Im leery about sticking mine on since i have the white one. I dont think it looks that great with the white, but ive been thinking of doing a screen protector. If this one works pretty good it may be the extra nudge i need to just slap it on

BTW whoever posted the pic of the white vita.. that is an awesome Working!! keychain sitting under the vita![/QUOTE]

I have a Hori screen protector on my Vita AND the Persona 4 skin over that. Touch screen sensitivity hasn't changed or gotten worse from what I can tell.

bread's done
Back