PGR4 bundle w/ 1 year XBL Gold + Messanger Kit for $69.99 (October 7th)

RBH

CAGiversary!
From the Gamestop Expo in Vegas:

Finally, Microsoft fans can potentially look forward to the 60 gigabyte Xbox 360 harddrive being available in a $99 bundle that will include the HDD, three months of Xbox Live, and an ethernet cable.

And if you want a game to play on your fancy new next-generation setup? Well, there's always last year's Project Gotham Racing 4, which our sources tell us will be packaged with 12 months of Xbox Live and a messenger kit for $69.99.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169843
Gamestop shows the bundle being available starting October 7th:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72460

$70?

Live 12 Month= $50
PGR4= $10
Text= $10

Not Bad, but i wish they would do a bundle with their wireless headset for less money. Im very tempted to buy it, but have no use for the messenger kit. Maybe ebay or something. Headsets are the only way.

Ya know, this isn't that bad. I was considering getting my brother a chat pad and a year of XBL for Christmas..I think he has PG3 already...so for $70 this is pretty awesome.

really? good deal? y? the 60gb harddrive sounds like a better deal, 1 year of XBL is worth $40 online @ buy or newegg or ebay, PGR4 is worth maybe $20 and the chatpad is another $10... sounds like a minor deal at best...

[quote name='eminemobied12']really? good deal? y? the 60gb harddrive sounds like a better deal, 1 year of XBL is worth $40 online @ buy or newegg or ebay, PGR4 is worth maybe $20 and the chatpad is another $10... sounds like a minor deal at best...[/quote]
Yeah but internet deals are always better than in store deals. You can easily say that about pretty much anything since you can get almost anything cheaper on ebay. You can get a 120 gb HD for around $100 on some sites so I really don't see the 60 gb bundle as a sweet one though using logic that you can just search around for good deals

[quote name='menikmati']PG4 deal looks groooood.[/quote]Eh, for the chat pad and the 12month gold, it's decent. PGR4 was disappointing, IMO. Microsoft should have bundled it with something else.

[quote name='guinaevere']Eh, for the chat pad and the 12month gold, it's decent. PGR4 was disappointing, IMO. Microsoft should have bundled it with something else.[/QUOTE]

This.
Or had made a few (as in 3?) different bundles. Same bundle, just maybe 3 different games.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']$70?

Live 12 Month= $50
PGR4= $10
Text= $10

Not Bad, but i wish they would do a bundle with their wireless headset for less money. Im very tempted to buy it, but have no use for the messenger kit. Maybe ebay or something. Headsets are the only way.[/QUOTE]

maybe it's a percurser to PGR4 going platium hits? And I would get messenger if Sega would port "typing of the dead" to XBLA.

[quote name='eminemobied12']really? good deal? y? the 60gb harddrive sounds like a better deal, 1 year of XBL is worth $40 online @ buy or newegg or ebay, PGR4 is worth maybe $20 and the chatpad is another $10... sounds like a minor deal at best...[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked the Chatpad cost $30. Plus this is just the retail price, the same way a year of live retails for FIFTY, not forty dollars.

Live 12 Month= $50
PGR4= $10
Text= $10

Not Bad, but i wish they would do a bundle with their wireless headset for less money. Im very tempted to buy it, but have no use for the messenger kit. Maybe ebay or something. Headsets are the only way.[/quote]

You do realize that a headset comes with chatpad? The plug is a different size than the original headset

Live 12 Month= $50
PGR4= $10
Text= $10

Not Bad, but i wish they would do a bundle with their wireless headset for less money. Im very tempted to buy it, but have no use for the messenger kit. Maybe ebay or something. Headsets are the only way.[/quote]

You do realize that a headset comes with chatpad? The plug is a different size than the original

[quote name='guinaevere']Eh, for the chat pad and the 12month gold, it's decent. PGR4 was disappointing, IMO. Microsoft should have bundled it with something else.[/quote]

Saying PGR4 was disappointing is blasphemous! (Meh, actually the thing hasn't improved since PGR2, hell actually it's been the same since Metropolis Street Racer...but I'll never say anything negative since it controls so smoothly)

Meh, neither look to be that good of deals. With the 60GB bundle deal coming out, I hope a good one on the 120GB comes along - I'm finally starting to feel the squeeze from my 20GB, and it's certainly prevented me from drunk splurging on games like Indigo Prophecy and Dreamfall.

That PGR4 bundle is quite good. Even if you assume (it's a pretty safe assumption) that this means PGR4 is going PH soon, that's still a $20 game, a $25 accessory, and the $50 worth of Live access. For $70, I might even consider it, and I am not a big racing game fan.

I don't think we know yet. This was just recently announced...but it's due soon so maybe there will be some retail picture up on someone's site soon. :whistle2:k

box12MonthMessengerGoldPack.jpg[

The bundle should be available shortly in stores.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360messengergoldpack/

bread's done
Back