PGR4 for $20 @ Radio Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

atchisonk

CAGiversary!
I saw this in a Radio Shack sales paper at my mom's this morning. I checked their website and it is listed for $40 and the weekly ad link expires 3/1. My mom said she got the paper this morning (3/1), so I'm thinking this sale starts on Sunday 3/2. Sorry I don't have a sales paper to scan, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up, it might be worth checking on tomorrow.

hmmm decisions decisions. i was very disappointed with PGR3 so i'm not sure if i'm going to bite on this one. plus i have forza 2......

[quote name='JDUB X']I just picked up a copy at a Radio Shack. It was the second one I called. What you should do is go to the Radio Shack website and use the store locater to gather a bunch of numbers and call all RS's in you area until you find it in stock.

Huge Thanks to the CAG community and the OP :)[/quote]
Or just go to the website, look up the game, and hit the link for a store search (I think it says "may be available near you."). That's what I did, pulled up all the stores in the area and two or three of them had stock. I got the last one at the stoer I went to. :D

[quote name='Monroeski']Or just go to the website, look up the game, and hit the link for a store search (I think it says "may be available near you."). That's what I did, pulled up all the stores in the area and two or three of them had stock. I got the last one at the stoer I went to. :D[/quote]

Yeah that can work, but you should always call to confirm that it is in stock

Just went to the local radio shack here in texas and YES...it was on sale for $19.99 and they only had a handful in stock. Picked it up since it was a good buy. Call your local stores before going by. Thanks OP.

Picked up a copy today. Then I returned the copy I bought last week at Target which I got for $25 after using a coupon. However, Target refunded me $30 as if I never used the coupon...so in the end, I kinda got this game for $15 total. Nice, thanks OP.

[quote name='joshnorm']PMed at BB and got an additional 10% due to the PM I did last week to the Target ad.

Also picked up another copy to trade.

Deal of the week! From Radio Shack how surprising

They are two different Racing games. One is a Sim and PGR4 is an arcade racer. Just because you drive doesn't mean you need to compare them.[/quote]
I have both and they are totally different. Both are great but Forza 2 = sim and PGR4 = arcade. PGR4 graphics are amazing compared to Forza 2, but sadly no car customization whatsoever. Also, the nurburgring is significantly better in PGR4.

[quote name='Decker']I got one also. Just FYI : They will not allow any returns on this game. It must be a clearance item.[/quote]

Cashier told me I can return it if unopened (normal policy, I suppose). In any event, it would have to drop significantly below $20 for me to return it, which seems unlikely in the next 30 days. OTOH, didn't expect $20 at this point, either!

Don't forget that this game also includes Geometry Wars: Waves - which is actually a lot of fun.

To play, go to your garage and look for a video game.

Thanks OP! I went to my local Radio Shack and they had 2 copies left. They also have Shadow of The Colossus for $14.99 brand new.

[quote name='ogbaka']is it better then pgr3 cause i didn't like that one too much...[/quote]
Yes. PGR3 was good, but PGR4 is great! Go buy it!

[quote name='mitchondria']ive got a friend of mine who works at radioshack checking it out... if they have it i get his employee discount also

woot[/quote]

ahh to bad your boy doesn't know what he's talking about, since employees cant get discounts on games

[quote name='jschissl']ahh to bad your boy doesn't know what he's talking about, since employees cant get discounts on games[/QUOTE]

Let alone a game that's probably selling for below cost.

SCORE! I'm gonna have to warn you guys... I was pretty fierce at PGR2 in my heyday. Look out! PGR3 turned me off. I hope I like this one better.

maaaaaaaan the nearest radio shack that sells games and has it in stock is 35 miles away. That's too far. I will wait.....unless.....BB will price match that far away. I mean there are 2 RS right by my Best Buy. Must find young teenage cashier.

just picked up a copy at the Copperfield Village store at Hwy 6 North,still one copy left if anyone still lookin for one in the Houston area

actually they do get discounts because there not part of the main radioshack chain they just sell the products.... there actually called duff electronics

Got mine from the Cumberland mall store (Border of Marietta and Atlanta) they had at least two left.

They are not on display with the rest of the games there. You have to ask a clerk to get them from the back.

Sweet, I just picked up one of the last 2 at one of my local Radioshacks as a birthday gift for my brother.

PGR is the only sim racing series I enjoy because of its arcadey feel, so my bro and I should have a good time racing each other (unlike in Forza 2 where he'd lap me every time).
Plus, Geometry Wars Waves! I loves my Geometry Wars!

Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='atchisonk']I saw this in a Radio Shack sales paper at my mom's this morning. I checked their website and it is listed for $40 and the weekly ad link expires 3/1. My mom said she got the paper this morning (3/1), so I'm thinking this sale starts on Sunday 3/2. Sorry I don't have a sales paper to scan, but I figured I'd give everyone a heads up, it might be worth checking on tomorrow.[/quote]

Just snagged one at RS in NW Indy. Thanks.

If you strikeout at a RS, make sure you grab an ad paper from the store so you can price match elsewhere.

[quote name='wildnuts02']hmmm...:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, I knew that sounded odd when I typed it, but it was the best way I could describe it.

Basically what I meant was that PGR is one of the only racing series I have enjoyed.
I don't like Forza or Gran Turismo, but at the same time I don't like Need for Speed or Midnight Club (I haven't played Burnout enough to have a concrete opinion on it).

Other than PGR2 and now PGR4, the only racing games I like are the Mario Kart series and Diddy Kong Racing.

Scored one today. The clerk wasn't aware of the deal and had to go to the back to get it. It was the only copy they had too.

[quote name='Mr.Bojangles']I think this is the only Sim racer I can ever love!:)[/QUOTE]
I love PGR4 but calling it a sim I think is a bit of a stretch ;)

Someone at FW had a name 'StolenfromCAGforFatwallet' and a few of FW/SD are smart alecs. They would post outrageous comment like I will buy 50 PGR4, so I can make money on eBay. Or I will buy PGR4 and return it to Walmart for credit. Anyway, I'm going to Radio Shack to check. Thanks for posting!!!

[quote name='SpitFire158']I don't understand why Cag dislikes people from Fat Wallet or Slick Deal. Can someone explain this to me?[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back