Phantom Dust - $19.99 (ebgames.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game isn't out yet, it comes out this week.

From all reports tho, it sounds like it will be very good tho & a steal @ $20.

Reports from the XBox beta test of it were.. less than stellar. Something along the lines of "this blows!". I'm getting it anyways.

[quote name='argyle']The game isn't out yet, it comes out this week.

From all reports tho, it sounds like it will be very good tho & a steal @ $20.[/quote]

its card based fighting right?

[quote name='onetrackmind']just out of curiosity has anyone played this game? How is it?[/quote]

The game is decent. I didn't spend too much time with it, but it definitely looks worthwhile to pick up for $20. It's very different than anything else on the Xbox. There was a demo on one of the OXM discs several months ago.

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='onetrackmind']just out of curiosity has anyone played this game? How is it?[/quote]

The game is decent. I didn't spend too much time with it, but it definitely looks worthwhile to pick up for $20. It's very different than anything else on the Xbox. There was a demo on one of the OXM discs several months ago.[/quote]

Is there any other game thats out there that you can compare it to?

[quote name='Scorch']Card based fighting?

Woo, thanks for that, i'll be saving 20 bucks on this one..[/quote]

It's not really card-based fighting. It's more real-time where you select your attacks. I don't really play too many of this type of game, so I can't compare it to anything. It ends up basically being a kind of strategic fighting game with a story.

My Opinion: It's Awesome!!! A steal at $20.00 bucks.

It's like a psychic battle anime! with totally destructable environments!
The Creator is responsible for creating all 3 Panzer Dragoon games on the Sega Saturn. It's similiar to Magic the gathering in the sense you build your own aresenals(decks) with skills you've earned. Then you take your aresenal and battle it out in the maps 2 vs 2 or 3 vs 1 or 1 vs 1.

I guess the closet xbox game would indeed be the Magic the Gathering:Battlegrounds but it's so much more in depth. over 300 skills and 30 skills aresenals.

I've got my 4 copies pre-paid for! (It system links too!)

For better info on the game check out www.xboxphreaker.com and www.phantom-dust.com

-AzelEdge-

hrmm this sounds like a cool game, but I just don't have the time nor patience to invest in this. Also sounds like it has a somewhat steep learning curve as well.

The game is great folks, buy it. Especially if you have Xbox Live. The single player is still good, but it's basically a tutorial for multiplayer, hehe

I pre-ordered it when it was announced at $19.99, mainly since I thought it was coming out at full price.

It's so off-the-wall and different than other games, it looked worth the $20 alone just for that. Plus, Majesco could use a few bucks anyway. And it's XBL capable? What the heck.

this was posted a couple months ago. i'v had it om pre-order sine then, and it's been piushed back a couple times. just like the phantasy star collection for ps2, went to get it in nov. been pushed back 3 times now, eta is in may now

[quote name='Shadows916']this was posted a couple months ago. i'v had it om pre-order sine then, and it's been piushed back a couple times. just like the phantasy star collection for ps2, went to get it in nov. been pushed back 3 times now, eta is in may now[/quote]

And I have no idea what the hold-up is. This game already had a full English translation built into the Japanese version. The only thing this game should require is putting it on discs and shipping it out the door.

dunno either. according to ebgames i'v had it on preorder since 1/15/05 (phantom)- and phantasy star has been on since 12/01/04

[quote name='shipwreck'][quote name='Shadows916']this was posted a couple months ago. i'v had it om pre-order sine then, and it's been piushed back a couple times. just like the phantasy star collection for ps2, went to get it in nov. been pushed back 3 times now, eta is in may now[/quote]

And I have no idea what the hold-up is. This game already had a full English translation built into the Japanese version. The only thing this game should require is putting it on discs and shipping it out the door.[/quote]

The problem is that Microsoft dropped the game and didn't want to publish it, so it was up in the air. I think 1up.com has a story on it...the creator of the game also wrote a blog on 1up.com, pretty interesting articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back