Phantom Dust on Live REMEMBER!

Hey guys, I've been looking at this game for a while and was wondering if you would recommend it as a single player game (offline) at all. I don't have live and can't get it for awhile, but I like RPG type action games, and i was wondering if it held up offline? Can I get 20-25 hours out of it? Thanks for any info

[quote name='sj41']SPAM'D! Wasn't sure what to say so I just said "Plz mache tis geam wurkz on teh nu Xbx evn togh its teh gey.. lol lol lol lollol 0olol lol M$ SUx".[/QUOTE]

perfect. everyone copy and paste this message ^^^^

[quote name='hx214']Hey guys, I've been looking at this game for a while and was wondering if you would recommend it as a single player game (offline) at all. I don't have live and can't get it for awhile, but I like RPG type action games, and i was wondering if it held up offline? Can I get 20-25 hours out of it? Thanks for any info[/QUOTE]fuck yeah, man. The single player is awesome. The computer AI isn't top notch, but the story is fantastic with cutscenes that have excellent voice acting. I think it will probally take you 20 hours to beat at the most. Only a few of the missions are really challenging at all, and even then, you can just change your arsenal a little bit and go back to it and beat it. It's not a difficult game, but it's extremely fun.

Those Game Clips from the top scorers are sort of a moot point as they aren't really even that good of players to begin with- those scores come from duping rares. So they decks they use tend to suck and the game's AI doesn't know how to use them properly strategically speaking anyway. Still a good place to test out a new Arsenal you've made however.

Man the second update nerfed alot of the skills- Thors Hammers used to do so much damage, Willo and Fire of Gehenna were obscenely powerful. It's a little more balanced now but crap like Dazzle is still too cheap and Rail/Vibration is too powerful. Pretty sure they wont have a 1.3 patch.

The game isn't much of an RPG- the story is set up that way and your protagonist does improve over time but not with stats- you are just given more and more of the 300+ skills to play with and improve your ability to make better decks to win. Most of the game is really just a 114 deathmatch battles of you and a partner vs. two monsters in one of seven arenas where the objectives and rules change every few matches. Don't expect some wide open world to explore- this game is all about the battle system and it's absolutely brilliant.

I ABSOLUTLEY LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!! OMGWTFBBQ! i have over 95 hours logged :p NOT ENOUGH! i kinda suck i got 283 out of the 300 skills and am stuck on the damn last misson where you fight demented freia :p o well already got everybody except sein >.> but no one really likes that map ne ways if you wanna play ADD ME!!!! gamertag=jax the ax WOOOOO

worst skills in my opinion downcast HA! what a waste you lose 1 aura and el bomb again you lose 1 aura its hella slow it costs 4 to use and only does 2 dmg i mean WHAT THE HELL?

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, they fucked up my beloved finisher :([/QUOTE]
last post in a row i swear sorry for the spam but i love this game, anyways finisher is still good in heavy since you cant go under 5 aura so you could in a way constantly do 10 dmg :p

I got a few chapters in on the single player, and I used to play a bit with my buddy. I would love to get back in to it. This game is really different from all the other live games.

Someone who doesn't mind teaching me a few skills and strategies - plus, you'll most likely kick my ass - send me a friend request.

gamertag: Billbofet

Completed the end of Chapter 5 and the entire Chapter 6 a couple days ago and I'm starting Chapter 7. I'll hopefully be playing online more after I'm done with the single player. All my Phantom Dust play time has been going into the single player the past couple days.

Thinking about grabbing this since it can be had for 10-15 and I'm not interested in buying a 360 right now. I've always been interested.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Thinking about grabbing this since it can be had for 10-15 and I'm not interested in buying a 360 right now. I've always been interested.[/QUOTE]
go for it *PEER PRESSURE!*

[quote name='Its Orange Baby']I am always on this game

my gamertag is
Its Orange Baby[/QUOTE]

Man, what's up Kenny? I was just talking about you earlier in this thread. I had no idea you registered here.

This dude here lives in my town, and was the first person I met on Live a year ago. Great guy, and he is literally ALWAYS on Phantom Dust. Add the man.

I'm wanting to play some games tonight. I'll be on in a few minutes after I add some people from this thread to my friends list.

EDIT- Orange baby, clear some guys off your list if possible. It says it's full.

Okay, I'm shopping around for this now and I'm noticing that a lot of used listings say that the UPC has been cut out. Any particular reason why? Does this game include some kind of mail-away offer that I'll be missing out on?

I mean if it's just a hole in the box and the original owner got a rebate or something, I won't really care. I'm just paranoid and I wanna make sure I'm not short-changing myself on some cool bonus.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Okay, I'm shopping around for this now and I'm noticing that a lot of used listings say that the UPC has been cut out. Any particular reason why? Does this game include some kind of mail-away offer that I'll be missing out on?

I mean if it's just a hole in the box and the original owner got a rebate or something, I won't really care. I'm just paranoid and I wanna make sure I'm not short-changing myself on some cool bonus.[/QUOTE]

i think it originally had some MIR deal at its launch.

[quote name='gaelan']i think it originally had some MIR deal at its launch.[/QUOTE]

I think there was some kind of $10 off $20 Rebate at Gamestop if I recall correctly. There is no promotion in the box or otherwise as far as I can recall and I've followed the game for over a year now.

Good to see some people are wising up and getting on board at last.

Yeah man, I checked out some videos and the game looks insane. My intention is to purchase it today or tomorrow, and then I can get me some skills and join you dudes on LIVE.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Yeah man, I checked out some videos and the game looks insane. My intention is to purchase it today or tomorrow, and then I can get me some skills and join you dudes on LIVE.[/QUOTE]

hope to see you on!

[quote name='gaelan']i think it originally had some MIR deal at its launch.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop had it for $20 - $20 MIR, so el-ka-free. Lots of people jumped on that.

[quote name='Logain8955']Gamestop had it for $20 - $20 MIR, so el-ka-free. Lots of people jumped on that.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I bought it from Game Stop because it was free when it launched, but never did the rebate. At first I didn't care about the box art, but I really loved this game and didn't want to mess with it. Although, my laziness also was a big part of this.

I am SO glad I found this thread. I loved this game to bits when I was playing single-player a couple months back, but I never saw anyone online, so I kinda gave up on it. I'll absolutely dust it off in the next couple of days, no pun intended. Then you can all prepare to get ... tired of wrecking my shit repeatedly, probably.

Gamer Tag: CitizenZero

Yea if you never saw anyone online then you were either on at an odd time or didn't download the two update patches- they aren't autoupdates so most people just think the community is dead. I assure you it is alive and well and would be moreso if those patches were autoupdates I'm sure.

Whenever you guys are ready to throw down or need some help just lemme know. I should get my final Online Rares tonight so I'll be in a position to start trading all my spares away which will be a good thing for you guys.

Phantom Dust night for me. I'll be playing the single player (attempting to complete it until some of you guys get on). Just send me an invite and I'll quit out and join you. Potus said that he might be on tonight, so hopefully we can get a couple more.

omg, this game is tight! I just started playing today. I just won the approval of my peers in Scenario Mode and now I'm researching some new skills on the surface. I kinda just expected a solid action title here, but the story and atmosphere are really drawing me in as well.

[quote name='BustaUppa']omg, this game is tight! I just started playing today. I just won the approval of my peers in Scenario Mode and now I'm researching some new skills on the surface. I kinda just expected a solid action title here, but the story and atmosphere are really drawing me in as well.[/QUOTE]

Cool, I'm glad you're digging on it- I know the structure of the game can be off-putting for some people but I think the story and desire to acquire new skills is a good motivator for continuing. It's really all just a means of understanding the basics of the skills and gameplay so you stand a chance on Live. I'll set up a noob game with some people when you get to chapter 4 or so and have made your own arsenals.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Cool, I'm glad you're digging on it- I know the structure of the game can be off-putting for some people but I think the story and desire to acquire new skills is a good motivator for continuing. It's really all just a means of understanding the basics of the skills and gameplay so you stand a chance on Live. I'll set up a noob game with some people when you get to chapter 4 or so and have made your own arsenals.[/QUOTE]Yeah man consider me all aboard for the upcoming noob game. I'm on Chapter 2 right now and I'll probably get in a few more missions before I go to bed tonight.

There is indeed an official Soundtrack as the music is seriously a high point of the game- just brilliant chilling stuff. You'd have to import it- it's like $25 at lik-wang or whatever.

I know we're around 19,900 people on Live but no real clue on how many sold in NA altogether. Less than Halo 2 but more than Aquaman. Still, more every day.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']I know we're around 19,900 people on Live but no real clue on how many sold in NA altogether. Less than Halo 2 but more than Aquaman. Still, more every day.[/QUOTE]Yeah, it was probally only off of Halo by a couple thousand million billion copies.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']There is indeed an official Soundtrack as the music is seriously a high point of the game- just brilliant chilling stuff. You'd have to import it- it's like $25 at lik-wang or whatever.

I know we're around 19,900 people on Live but no real clue on how many sold in NA altogether. Less than Halo 2 but more than Aquaman. Still, more every day.[/QUOTE]

haha, lik-wang...

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']So where is everybody? I've been playing the last few days and haven't seen anybody else online. Let's revive this thing![/QUOTE]

WoW's consuming most of my gaming time. Lemme know when we wanna set up a massive rumble and I'll see if I can jump in :D

[quote name='Logain8955']WoW's consuming most of my gaming time. Lemme know when we wanna set up a massive rumble and I'll see if I can jump in :D[/QUOTE]

I'll be sure to add you to my friend's list.

I resumed playing this last night, after a mini-hiatus (I started Pikmin a couple weeks ago and that took up most of my gaming time... but I just beat it!). In Scenario mode I'm on Chapter 3 or 4, I forget. I can buy arsenals and stuff now. That main guy isn't giving me missions at the moment so I have to run around and talk to people until somebody wants me to tag along on a random quest.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I resumed playing this last night, after a mini-hiatus (I started Pikmin a couple weeks ago and that took up most of my gaming time... but I just beat it!). In Scenario mode I'm on Chapter 3 or 4, I forget. I can buy arsenals and stuff now. That main guy isn't giving me missions at the moment so I have to run around and talk to people until somebody wants me to tag along on a random quest.[/QUOTE]
There's a mission list on XboxPhreaker.com that shows you where you have to go to get all the missions, if you don't feel like running around talking to everyone. However, a lot of the story is filled out by talking to people who don't give you missions.

http://xboxphreaker.com/missionlist.htm

[quote name='sj41']i got a 360 and traded in my old xbox. that's the end of phantom dust for me.[/QUOTE]

Looking to get rid of your copy?

I don't play regularly, unfortunately. My backlog of games is immense and I'm out of time to really spend a lot of time on the games I want to play. So, honestly, I love firing up Phantom Dust and getting a few Live games in but, since I'm still stuck in a chapter that's probably around halfway through the game or so, my Arsenals are about as appealing as an overcooked steak.

But, if people are ever in the mood to play and want some easy wins, I wouldn't mind jumping on when I get some free time. Can't promise I'll be any sort of challenge, though!

I'm stuck on one of the last stages where you're climbing up stairs on the inside of the tower. Can anyone suggest a good mid-range arsenal for it?

Edit: Nuts, this board needs spoiler tags.

bread's done
Back