Phantom Dust on Live REMEMBER!

[quote name='radjago']I'm stuck on one of the last stages where you're climbing up stairs on the inside of the tower. Can anyone suggest a good mid-range arsenal for it?

Edit: Nuts, this board needs spoiler tags.[/QUOTE]

It's all about massive aura boosts, recalls and the Vibration blaster with rapid cannon on that sumbitch. It'll come in handy on the series of endgame bosses. I recall Killer Satellite wrecking some fools as well.

The perfect arsenal for that is posted at Phreakers somewhere I know.

I haven't been on in awhile since I acquired the last of the Online Rares but I miss it. Maybe I'll get back in one of these nights this weekend.

o demented freia how you pissed me off so, i would recommened using swords on your copy edgar and norm friea then use bombs and decent attacks for demented then use rail gun cost 3 dmg 6 have 7 or fewer skills in aresenal which you probobly will or soon have so just shoot the crap out of her bat form with that then trying to get her behind a wall when she uses her attacks trust me i tried 39 times before i beat her it was an amazing feeling also you get 2 more junks to buy and can buy the rest of the offline skills got 153 hours logged WOOT i play pretty much everyday until i get my comp built that is :p so just add me jax the ax

I'll try to get on sometime this weekend if you guys are up for a noob game. I'm at the beginning so my arsenal sucks ass. Maybe I'll play offline tonight to get back on the horse.

Just got to Chapter 4 the other night. That cool "Strange City" stage is available now. That boss was fun... the egg bombs were giving me problems, but I finally found a weapon that let me snuff them out pretty efficiently.

I finally decided to buy a second arsenal so I could have separate "indoor" and "open air" move sets. I hated when I would be in Panorama and I'd get stuck with lasers and stuff, and the low ceilings made most of my parabola weapons useless. I took the opportunity to try out a new school, so added the yin-yang one to my "indoors" arsenal. It seemed to have a lot of good close-range attacks in it. Man I can't wait to play some more, this game is really getting in my head!

I bought this game when it first came out, and it consumed pretty much all of my playtime for a solid month or so... after that, I just started playing other games not expecting to take a break from Phantom Dust, been on a break ever since, I want to get back into this game though, it's excellent.

FFXI has been taking up a decent amount of my time but it will never top the addiction i have for this game, it has one of the best communitys everybody is so kool, well of course there is the occasional ass and annoying 6 year old but other than that its awesome i try and play about an hour or so everyday

[quote name='gaelan']just got this game so hit me up if anyone wants to play[/QUOTE]
me too, $12.99 @ gc

if anybody is still playign this please add me, this thread prompted me to get the game.

I haven't even gone on LIVE with it yet and I've had a blast in single-player. Can't vouch for offline multiplayer as I haven't tried that yet either.

Okay, I beat the game last night (killed the boss and got the ending movie, although there still seems to be some extra missions I can do), and then tried my first ONLINE games! It was really fun, even though I got killed. It was sick seeing all these unfamiliar skills get put to use. The games I did were all Heavy Battle Royals... I can see I'm definitely gonna have to create some multiplayer-specific arsenals here. I take it the "Vibration" weapons could be really effective in a "heavy" game because your aura starts out so high!

Okay so I'm REALLY looking forward to some online CAG action now. Time for me to BUMP this thread and see if we can get some matches going. I'm all for some noob action but I also don't mind getting my ass educated from the more experienced.

Anyone still playing this game on live? or on xlink?
if so my gamertag is Raiikoh (on xlink and live)

[quote name='crystalklear64']Is this game worth buying if you don't have Live? Can you play split-screen, and can you play over system link?[/quote]

1. This Game is definately worth buying live or not single player is amazing
2. Split screen is a yes
3. System link is a yes (think Xlink Kai)

Can someone breifly explain this game and give me the pros and cons of it?

Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I miss this game a lot. All I have is the game's soundtrack and a copy that isn't compatible with the 360. If the next BC update doesn't have Phantom Dust, I might be going out to buy an old Xbox. Does anybody know what the Live community is like? I assume not to good after so many things happening since it's release, but is it still relatively easy to find a couple matches going?

[quote name='sj41']Sorry for bumping such an old topic, but I miss this game a lot. All I have is the game's soundtrack and a copy that isn't compatible with the 360. If the next BC update doesn't have Phantom Dust, I might be going out to buy an old Xbox. Does anybody know what the Live community is like? I assume not to good after so many things happening since it's release, but is it still relatively easy to find a couple matches going?[/quote]

I'll be playing when it becomes backwards compatible, as I am pretty sure I still have a copy of it lying around here somewhere.

Man, I would LOVE to get this game BC. This was really my first Live game, and I remember just going crazy on it. So freaking awesome.

I'll have to revitalize my "super homing rocks" deck if it goes BC.

For what I've seen, the only game that has any sort of following still is Halo 2. You might be able to find a few strays here and there but the regular Xbox is pretty much dead when it comes to Live.

[quote name='depascal22']For what I've seen, the only game that has any sort of following still is Halo 2. You might be able to find a few strays here and there but the regular Xbox is pretty much dead when it comes to Live.[/quote]

Its a good thing that it only takes 4 people to get a game going.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Its a good thing that it only takes 4 people to get a game going.[/quote]

QFT. I just have to find a wireless adaptor for the original Xbox. I'd love to play some Brothers in Arms and some Phatom Dust.

We have acheived ackwards compatiblity. I finally opened this thing up. After I get the hang of it maybe we can get something going.

[quote name='KaneRobot']We have acheived ackwards compatiblity. I finally opened this thing up. After I get the hang of it maybe we can get something going.[/QUOTE]

No shit?!!? I still have it YEAH!

This thread is a worthy thread for bringing back from the dead.

Game Crazy had several copies of this game new somehow. I shall try to beat the single player to assemble a decent deck.

Does anyone know how long it takes to zip through the single player? I want to have a chance for when I go Live

i need to brush up, it wouldnt hurt to move my saves from the box to the 360.
i loved this game but got into it when cag play had dried up.

Okay. You guys are right. This game IS good. Am I right in hearing it retailed for a budget price?

Though I want to slap Edgar. "I'm such a badass, I rebel against the only surviving remnant of humanity FOR NO DAMN REASON."

Singleplayer is a good 10 hours if you know what you're doing, 20 hours if it's the 1st time.

Anyone who wants to battle, add me to friends list. I'm working on getting my arsenals back, but I'm super hyped to get back on LIVE.

wooh! finally get to play it. I sold my xbox a month before this came out and was sad I couldnt play it... finally can :)

I'm doing single player and then I'll jump online.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Okay. You guys are right. This game IS good. Am I right in hearing it retailed for a budget price?[/quote]

If I recall correctly I think it may have, or it least it was a very reasonable MSRP otherwise. It was definitely one of those niche titles but it was worth every penny.

It's a shame that Majesco overextended itself a bit too much, though. They took great risks with a lot of the titles they brought on over, even if they couldn't cover those losses with better-selling titles.

[quote name='Kapwanil']If I recall correctly I think it may have, or it least it was a very reasonable MSRP otherwise. It was definitely one of those niche titles but it was worth every penny.

It's a shame that Majesco overextended itself a bit too much, though. They took great risks with a lot of the titles they brought on over, even if they couldn't cover those losses with better-selling titles.[/QUOTE]

the original MSRP is $19.99

it was good at a that price, and from what I've played so far, it's still great at the lower price.

Hm. Before I get back into it too heavy I'm thinking about doing it through the XBox since the custom soundtracks aren't supported on the 360, as per usual. Grrrr.

Fun stuff so far though, I can see how online play with people who are really good could be entertaining as hell.

I bought this game for 4.99 from ebgames 3 weeks ago. I dont have xboxlive, but single player mode is hella fun.

For 4.99 this game is awesome. :)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Hm. Before I get back into it too heavy I'm thinking about doing it through the XBox since the custom soundtracks aren't supported on the 360, as per usual. Grrrr.

Fun stuff so far though, I can see how online play with people who are really good could be entertaining as hell.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? Custom soundtracks arn't supported on the 360?

[quote name='suko_32']Seriously? Custom soundtracks arn't supported on the 360?[/QUOTE]
yeah they are, but you if an OG Xbox game supports them, you cant use them. But if you're in the 360 dashboard, you can make a playlist of music, then play it, and you can go into any OG Xbox game w/ Custom Soundtracks on. You just cant switch songs unless you use the 360 remote.

I'm going to have to jump back on this game...I loved it when it came out, played online quite a bit. I'll have to brush up on single player a bit first...

As I said in the 360 BC thread, I screamed "Holy Shit!" when I heard that this was BC. I have just started creating my own arsenal in the single player after playing for a couple hours this afternoon. This is my favorite game of all time, and I'm glad to be able to play it again, as I was just listening to the soundtrack for the past couple of months since I couldn't play it. The music in this game is awesome, and I recommend downloading it from the ffshrine website. Cool stuff.

I can't really hang out with friends tonight since I'm really sick with the cold, so I'm going to try and drive over to Game Rush to buy a Gold subscription card so that I can start playing online. Send me a friend request if anybody else wants to play

Galbadia Hotel doesn't have Lightning Highway (Peccato Boss Battle) theme.

I'm not at all digging the online play of this. The dodging of attacks is not at all intuitive, so I get a lot of cheap hits and misses.

I am also playing this only I just got the game. Also got a friend into it as well. There's only one copy left in town now lol. Just got all 300 skills and my first online only skill today but my decks still need work. I need help duping the online skills :p

Ah, so nice to see my old thread has come of age! I hadn't played in ages and rarely hang around these boards anymore but I'd be glad to get back into it.

Once the Halo 3 Beta ends, I imagine many people will be willing to make time for Phantom Dust and the other BC games again, hopefully. We should try and arrange something for then.

Also I realize many of you may be wasting time finding people to give you missions in campaign or creating weaksauce decks. The community has really bloomed anew at the number one Phantom Dust board again so check it out!
http://xboxphreaker.com/

If you are down, I'll add your gt to the list in the first post. That way we can get some Live games going, get some wins and Rare skills.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Ah, so nice to see my old thread has come of age! I hadn't played in ages and rarely hang around these boards anymore but I'd be glad to get back into it.

Once the Halo 3 Beta ends, I imagine many people will be willing to make time for Phantom Dust and the other BC games again, hopefully. We should try and arrange something for then.

Also I realize many of you may be wasting time finding people to give you missions in campaign or creating weaksauce decks. The community has really bloomed anew at the number one Phantom Dust board again so check it out!
http://xboxphreaker.com/

If you are down, I'll add your gt to the list in the first post. That way we can get some Live games going, get some wins and Rare skills.[/QUOTE]
Didn't you just get a new gamertag with your 360?

bread's done
Back