Phantom Dust preorder only 19.99 (xbox)

I was able to search for the listing but trying to bring up the description leads to a blank page.

Chances are that after Microsoft decline to publish it themselves in the US that Majesco was able to get it for a very low price. Good.

I'm going to be all over this one. The demo was pretty well done and this game has slick style. I hope we have another Katamari phenomenon and Microsoft is left feeling burned over not bringing this over.

I tossed in a pre-order for it, just in case it goes up. Majesco doing it should make it a $20 title, though with what I read about it in GI, it should be well worth the $20 or more.

[quote name='MANIMAL']so even if the price goes up - as long as you get in on the $20 pre-order that is what you pay???[/quote]

Depends if the pre-order price is a mistake or not.

[quote name='MANIMAL']so even if the price goes up - as long as you get in on the $20 pre-order that is what you pay???[/quote]

They honored their Def Jam: Fight For NY 20 dollar preorder error. So if this does turn out to be an error I would believe it would be honored.

[quote name='opportunity777']I am thinking about it, but if it is going to be released at that price I think I'm going to hold off.[/quote]

??

[quote name='opportunity777']I am thinking about it, but if it is going to be released at that price I think I'm going to hold off.[/quote]

wow.. that's.. dumb.

[quote name='davelin']Looks pretty cool! Is it a FPS or hack/slash?[/quote]

The game's core mechanics revolve around combat that's set in massive destructible arenas. Rather than race around shooting at your opponents using conventional weapons, Phantom Dust has you attacking your foes with your brain. No, you won't actually be throwing your brain at people. Instead, you'll be using it to perform a variety of different psychically powered attacks. You'll perform these attacks by collecting orbs that let you use psychic abilities. You'll be able to decide which attacks to use by being selective about the orbs you collect, which gives you some on-the-fly customization options in terms of how you'll fight. The control layout is easy to pick up and is user-friendly, on the whole.

The most striking thing about how the game turned out regards its graphics. The gameplay itself remains as solid as it was the first time we played it. The visuals have undergone a significant overhaul, though. Now, some of the major characters we encountered back in our first preview have been significantly retouched. The main character now looks radically different and is more akin to something out of a Mad Max movie, which fits the postapocalyptic setting nicely.

[quote name='Wario64']Wait a minute, you're passing the game now because it's cheap?

Low price =! low quality game[/quote]

I know that's never been the case for me. If so, there's plenty of games I wouldn't have bought at low prices, such as:

ESPN NFL 2K5
Yager
Breakdown
Guilty Gear X2: ##Reload

Just to name a few at random.

GI has an article about it in the current issue (Feb 05), and from what I read, if I don't get it at 20, I'm a moron. It looked amazing.

[quote name='Wshakspear']http://xboxphreaker.com/pd/oxmdemohelp.htm

OXM disc #38. Hidden Demo. The code is on that page. GREAT looking game, and great playing once you get used to it. The game is still in Japanese in the demo, but that web-link has it all decoded :)

enjoy![/quote]
sa-weet!!!!

awesome post!

thanks!

Heh, just saw the preorder price on another board and though "I should post this on CAG". Guess I'm a bit late, heh.

Anyway, the game did look quite interesting, and for $20 I can't say no unless it gets REALLY crappy reviews or something. Might wait to get it for $15 with a GGC at Bestbuy though (perhaps that's what the other guy meant when he said he wasn't going to preorder from EB if it was going to be released at that price?).

[quote name='Edge']Anyway, the game did look quite interesting, and for $20 I can't say no unless it gets REALLY crappy reviews or something.[/quote]

Even with a bad translation, the lowest this game should get is 7.5 . It wont be for everyone, but its a neat fighter with quite a bit of thought put into it. Its alos got a crap load of style to spare, and there isnt really quite anything like jumping from up high and making a small crater when you land.

The game is already translated AND voiced in english. The Japanese version actually includes Japanese and English... pretty strange that Microsoft decided to dump this game for the U.S. though. They even changed the character designs to make it more suitable for the U.S.

[quote name='goergegavin']I don't get it, it is or it isn't coming out in the US? On gamespot it says that it was no longer coming into the US.[/quote]

Majesco is bringing it to the States. They announced less than a month ago

[quote name='Wario64'][quote name='goergegavin']I don't get it, it is or it isn't coming out in the US? On gamespot it says that it was no longer coming into the US.[/quote]

Majesco is bringing it to the States. They announced less than a month ago[/quote]

Right here.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='MANIMAL']so even if the price goes up - as long as you get in on the $20 pre-order that is what you pay???[/quote]

Depends if the pre-order price is a mistake or not.[/quote]

The price doesn't seem to be a mistake. At least as far as just being for the website because I just got back from my local EB and had the clerk look it up. Besides never hearing of the game (figures) the guy did confirm that it's 19.99.

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='Wario64'][quote name='goergegavin']I don't get it, it is or it isn't coming out in the US? On gamespot it says that it was no longer coming into the US.[/quote]

Majesco is bringing it to the States. They announced less than a month ago[/quote]

Right here.[/quote]

Ha apparently that article takes place 11 months into the future...

"EDISON, N.J., December 14, 2005"

Anyhow, like someone mentioned earlier if Majesco is publishing it the $20 price point isn't that suprising as they've been doing that with some titles the picked up the NA rights to (i.e. Yager).

[quote name='Wshakspear']Even with a bad translation, the lowest this game should get is 7.5 . It wont be for everyone, but its a neat fighter with quite a bit of thought put into it. Its alos got a crap load of style to spare, and there isnt really quite anything like jumping from up high and making a small crater when you land.[/quote]

Hmm...sounds interesting enough. The videos I saw on it make it look a lot like an episode of some high-action anime. I'll probably pick it up when it's released, it's not like I have much to lose anyway. Is it only 1-on-1 or can you play with more people in a single match?

Very Cool Game. I just pre-ordered it. I played the demo one time with some people online for about 2 hours and it seems like it would be really good if I could understand more of what is going on. The demo is not in english and the guys I was playing with wanted me to figure out some things for myself. Great moves and destructible environments. It is a steal for $20.

Wait...I just remembered...isn't this a game that was designed by one of the producers of Panzer Dragoon? Damn, I almost forgot about that, now I'm definatly going to check this out when it's released.

[quote name='Edge']Wait...I just remembered...isn't this a game that was designed by one of the producers of Panzer Dragoon? Damn, I almost forgot about that, now I'm definatly going to check this out when it's released.[/quote]

I think it's by the creator of Panzer Dragoon. Phantom Dust is supposedly the spiritual successor to Panzer Dragoon. Even more reason to pick this up :D

[quote name='Edge']Is it only 1-on-1 or can you play with more people in a single match?[/quote]

I believe the battles can have up to 4 players. Any more than that and they said it would have been less strategic and more twitch.

The game looked really fucking good from what I saw of it previously. I'll definitely risk a 20 on something that looks as fun as this.

bread's done
Back