Phoenix Wright 3 on the way!!!

THIS. IS. SPARDA!

xp7kmf.jpg

qsmwqd.jpg

2ltpw5k.jpg

I know I'm late to the party, but I picked this up earlier this week...currently on the second case, and was very surprised
it's not a murder
. Instead I'm about to engage in a heated courtroom battle over...
an urn?
Not sure if I'm excited or not.

[quote name='EXStrike']There's a bunch of "What the fuck?!" moments in that one. It was highly amusing.[/quote]
indeed. That case has like 3 turnabouts.

[quote name='EXStrike']There's a bunch of "What the fuck?!" moments in that one. It was highly amusing.[/QUOTE]
Yep, just got to the first "WHAT THE fuck?!" moment...
so now he's on trial for murder...damn!
And does it make me some sort of heathen that I don't like Godot? He doesn't even amuse me that much like von Karma and Edgeworth do...

No, I understood the game.
Just the last sentice.

PW: Maya, I Have to tell you something...

Then everyone says how they are happy or get goose bumps.

And she says something.

I think.

Maya: Oh Nick

Then credits.

That shit made me mad! I thought he would have said something! Atleast ask her out, we know he's not married from Apollo Justice.

Just finished up and a few notes:

Connection between Geln Elg and Godot...poisioned coffee...yet Godot lives (albeit...blindly and without pigment) and Elg died.

And Godot was poisioned the day that he was given the necklace by Dahlia...very interesting...was this 6 months after the Fawkes (the prisioner from case 4) killed himself or the very same day?

Also...a love connection with Phoenix...and a bloody nose from Pearl...

I haven't read much on GS4 but we all know case one is Phoenix being defended for murder yet again...I wonder is his love connection or any of the GS1-3 characters will be involved...and I bet it explains how Phoenix loses his Attorney's Badge 2 months after the conclusion of this game.

Overall, a staisfying ending to an amazing video game series.

[quote name='soccerstud652']Just finished up and a few notes:

Connection between Geln Elg and Godot...poisioned coffee...yet Godot lives (albeit...blindly and without pigment) and Elg died.

And Godot was poisioned the day that he was given the necklace by Dahlia...very interesting...was this 6 months after the Fawkes (the prisioner from case 4) killed himself or the very same day?

Also...a love connection with Phoenix...and a bloody nose from Pearl...

I haven't read much on GS4 but we all know case one is Phoenix being defended for murder yet again...I wonder is his love connection or any of the GS1-3 characters will be involved...and I bet it explains how Phoenix loses his Attorney's Badge 2 months after the conclusion of this game.

Overall, a staisfying ending to an amazing video game series.
[/quote]
Actually, in the first case of GS4, nobody from the first three games, aside from the judge, is present at all. Phoenix is just being tried for murder. No love interests, no nothing. It is touched upon that he lost his badge, but I forget if they explain that it was
Apollo's mentor
that caused Phoenix to lose it in the first place.

I'm sure the Apollo Justice series will still be about Phoenix's past. That self-centered prick. It always has to be about him, doesn't it?

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm sure the Apollo Justice series will still be about Phoenix's past. That self-centered prick. It always has to be about him, doesn't it?[/quote]
Not really. What's so stupid about AJ is that the story about what happened with Phoenix goes completely against his character and none of his friends are ever mentioned, despite him having 2 very close friends and countless more casual aquaintences.
Not uber spoilers, but not trivial spoilers either. Beware!

[quote name='soccerstud652']Are there any Phoenix Wight Soundtracks available in or coming to America?[/quote]I'm not sure of the status on them, but there are 2 soundtracks that I know of. The orchestrated album, and the jazz album. From what people have said, the jazz album is the weaker of the two. I had the orchestrated one, and it was too good. Not sure if they're out in the US or not, however.

[quote name='KingBroly']I'm sure the Apollo Justice series will still be about Phoenix's past. That self-centered prick. It always has to be about him, doesn't it?[/quote]

great comment actually made me laugh

[quote name='Doomed']They were announced to be coming to USA, but I think they forgot.[/QUOTE]

Aye. I actually made a topic about it when it was announced last summer. I periodically hunt it down and follow the links it goes to, hoping to find that they've been released.

Nothing appears to have been done outside of that announcement.

I guess I could e-mail Capcom USA and see if they might have any word about it.

Got started on playing through all 3 PW games. I expect myself to be surprised at the end of cases all over again. I know I was after finishing the 2nd case of PW1.

By the way, this has been bugging me for a bit. Is the "Rise From the Ashes" case at the end of the first game considered a part of the main storyline? Everytime I think it's not, something comes up that confuses me into thinking it is.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']
By the way, this has been bugging me for a bit. Is the "Rise From the Ashes" case at the end of the first game considered a part of the main storyline? Everytime I think it's not, something comes up that confuses me into thinking it is.[/quote]
Officially it's not, but if you think about it it could have been fit in very easily and it sort of seems like if they weren't lazy it could have. My interpritation:

GBA saga (Jap only)
GS1
GS2
GS3
between 1 and 2, PW took no cases. It wasn't until case four of GS2 that Phoenix finds out Edgeworth didn't "choose death".

However, what I and most people belive about the DS saga, which is remakes of GS1-3 and whatever new games they make (so far just GS4) is something like this, although there are no modifications to the "official" storyline of GS1-3 besides Rise from the ashes.

PW: AA
Rise from the ashes
"Miles Edgeworth chooses death" (there is a reference to this in the RftA credits sequence by the butler from case 2 of the first game)
-Phoenix didn't take any cases in-between here-
PW: JFA
-no cases in-between here-
PW: T&T
Another interpretation is
PW: AA
-"miles edgeworth chooses death"
Rise from the Ashes
Although Edgey's note being after RftA is more supported by the games, it's more epic if you belive the note being written before it and Edgey coming back from the dead. I absolutely loved Rise from the Ashes.
Also, characters from Case 5 in PW:AA return in AJ:AA.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']

By the way, this has been bugging me for a bit. Is the "Rise From the Ashes" case at the end of the first game considered a part of the main storyline? Everytime I think it's not, something comes up that confuses me into thinking it is.[/QUOTE]
Case 5 is canon.

Ema is a main character in the 4th game.

All you have to do to make it 100% consistent is pretend that when Phoenix mentions "that case" in GS2 he means 1-5 and not 1-4.

[quote name='q 3']All you have to do to make it 100% consistent is pretend that when Phoenix mentions "that case" in GS2 he means 1-5 and not 1-4.[/quote]
The Edgeworth in 1-5 is basically the same as the one in 2-4
and 3-5.
I think it's possible Edgeworth's quest for enlightenment ended before he helped Phoenix with Rise from the Ashes.

bread's done
Back