Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney

[quote name='Requiem']So is Chapter 3 much better than Chapter 2? Because I'm on 2, and it's starting to lose momentum. Too much boring text. I loved the first case -- it was funny and exciting. Chapter 2 is getting annoyingly wordy and there is nothing going on.[/QUOTE]

OBJECTION!

Dude, did you read reviews before getting this game? It's 98% text, 1% menu navigation, and 1% DS-specific features (Case #5). It doesn't get LESS wordy as the cases go on. In fact, I'd say the amount of text in Case #5 is about 10 times more than Case 1 and about 7-8 times more than Case 2.

That said, stick with it. The opening day of the latter cases tends to be a bit slow out of the gates, but they build up nicely. Lots of desk-pounding coming up.

Well, I just finished it today. Great game, from start to finish. Long to. Anyone whose beaten it have any idea of the amount of time spent in it? I've got to say it was at least 12-15 hours... good time! :)

Anybody know if the goodies are still avaliable for the game on Capcom's website? Who was the last person to order it and get them?

I stopped playing this game for a while after finishing up Chapter 3. Currently playing Chapter 4, and it is turning out to be a pretty interesting case.

[quote name='asianxcore']I stopped playing this game for a while after finishing up Chapter 3. Currently playing Chapter 4, and it is turning out to be a pretty interesting case.[/QUOTE]

wait until the 5th one. the scientific investigation methods really make the game alot more interactive. i sure hope that PW2 starts off with this method.
best free game ever! :cool:

[quote name='gigan54']wait until the 5th one. the scientific investigation methods really make the game alot more interactive. i sure hope that PW2 starts off with this method.
best free game ever! :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to it. I just found out last night that the first four missions were just GBA ports from Japan. I'm sure everyone knew this, but I didn't haha. I beat Mission 4 last night, which was great, hopefully starting Mission 5 soon :)

[quote name='62t']wow this game only sold 9555 copies during the month of oct. This could be a very hard to find game.[/QUOTE]

Geez, I guess this means we won't be seeing the sequel that was announced for Japan over here? I hope not, 'cause this is not only my favorite DS game (by far), but one of my favorite games ever.

[quote name='gambitmachete']Geez, I guess this means we won't be seeing the sequel that was announced for Japan over here? I hope not, 'cause this is not only my favorite DS game (by far), but one of my favorite games ever.[/QUOTE]

That's some high praise! It's not the best graphical adventure I've ever played, but it continues to impress me with how in-depth the stories can be underneath the unnecessarily cartoonish characters.

I'm in the middle of episode 4 at the moment and von Karma has to be the biggest dick ever. I've had a lot of fun with the game and would love to see a sequel, too. All in all, well worth the money.

[quote name='gambitmachete']Geez, I guess this means we won't be seeing the sequel that was announced for Japan over here? I hope not, 'cause this is not only my favorite DS game (by far), but one of my favorite games ever.[/QUOTE]

Announced for Japan? This came out in Japan like.. four years ago, there's three or four Phoenix Wright games over there.

And yeah, i'm on case five, the final case, and it's haaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd. I love the game though. I love games like this.

[quote name='Scorch']Announced for Japan? This came out in Japan like.. four years ago, there's three or four Phoenix Wright games over there.

And yeah, i'm on case five, the final case, and it's haaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd. I love the game though. I love games like this.[/QUOTE]
he is refering to the new game on DS that's coming out in japan.

[quote name='Scorch']Announced for Japan? This came out in Japan like.. four years ago, there's three or four Phoenix Wright games over there.

And yeah, i'm on case five, the final case, and it's haaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddddddd. I love the game though. I love games like this.[/QUOTE]

I was talking about this...

http://ds.ign.com/objects/774/774647.html

As much as I'd love to play the older GBA games, I know there's no way they'd get released here, so I'm just crossing my fingers for the new DS game.

[quote name='62t']wow this game only sold 9555 copies during the month of oct. This could be a very hard to find game.[/QUOTE]
The developers say that sales have been successful and that they're happy with them, so PW's future isn't as grim as it could've been.

I just picked this game up and I have to say I'm loving every minute of it. Since I got it on Mondy, I've been playing it non-stop and right now I'm on chapter 5. However, this last chapter seems tacked on, considering that the credits rolled after 4, it has new ways of dealing with evidence and it introduces a bunch of new characters. Does anybody know what the deal with the last chapter is?

[quote name='dcfox']I just picked this game up and I have to say I'm loving every minute of it. Since I got it on Mondy, I've been playing it non-stop and right now I'm on chapter 5. However, this last chapter seems tacked on, considering that the credits rolled after 4, it has new ways of dealing with evidence and it introduces a bunch of new characters. Does anybody know what the deal with the last chapter is?[/QUOTE]

I think it's been said before, but Ch. 1-4 are ported over from a Japan-only GBA game. Ch. 5 is new for the DS version, which is why it makes better use of all the DS features.

Phoenix Wright has done okay, but it will have to have very long legs in order to make a profit.

Also, technically, Episodes 1-4 are not ported over - they are the same levels, but they put work into each of them.

I just finished this last Saturday, and I must say it is m favorite DS game by far. If you enjoy the adventure/puzzle genre, this is your game. It's an absolute masterpiece and I'm going to pimp it every chance I get to DS owners.

It is not for everyone, and it is a not an action game, and only a few parts of it honestly make use of the touchscreen, but those are trivial issues. The graphics are great for their purpose, the writing is EXCELLENT, and the flow of the game is amazing.

I seriously cannot recommend this game enough if you enjoy things like King's Quest, Monkey Island, Maniac Mansion, etc.

I want this to be my second DS game, but I can't find a reliable way to buy it.
Anyone know of an online store besides half.com and ebay that has the game?

Have you tried Amazon.ca? I believe you can order from the US, if that's where you live. Plus, it costs $25 in US dollars.

Also, Gyakuten Saiban 3 update - translation of the game! Episode 1 is 60% translated, and Episode 4 is 5% translated.

Oh well, found the game on GameExpress, I had totally forgotten about that site.
They have it listed as limited quantity but I got a copy shipped today, yay.

[quote name='Lord Draconus777']I got this game for $20 used in absolutely brand new condition at gamestop yesterday, I am indeed a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Congrats on picking it up.. it's a really good game. I wish more DS owners would give it a try. As soon as I hit power for the first time on my DS and got the swing of the touch screen, I knew this system would be great for these types of games.

I hope Phoenix Wright succeeds and spawns some sequels and other games like Broken Sword and Nancy Drew and stuff that fizzled on the GBA.

Anyone know if they released a separate soundtrack for this or anything? I know one came with the deluxe version, but that's too expensive and hard to find.

On the gamespot forums or something, some are saying they're not making anymore of this game. I saw it from kotaku. I wonder if this is true. I ordered it from overstock, but haven't played it yet. It looks like it's resealed kinda, anyone else's like this?

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/phoenix-wright/rumors-swirl-around-phoenix-wright-shortage-145794.php

Wild rumors about Phoneix Wright shortages have begun circulating on a few gaming forums, so of course I must write about it. According to the posters over on Gamespot Forums, the courtroom DS game is no longer listed online anywhere and it’s hard to find at stores. Some posters have also noticed that if you visit Capcom’s release list and click on the Phoenix Wright link you’re sent to an empty page. I’m no fancy game publisher, but I can’t imagine success would somehow lead to a game’s demise. I’m guessing that Capcom was caught off-guard by the wacky game’s success and is trying to get more copies shipped out to fulfill the need.

Phoenix Wright Discontinued!!! [Gamespot Forums]

So glad I got this for Christmas then. Definitely a must own for DS owners.

That last case is brutal. I just finished it yesterday.

[quote name='Foolman']So glad I got this for Christmas then. Definitely a must own for DS owners.

That last case is brutal. I just finished it yesterday.[/QUOTE]
It is pretty brutal. I'm not sure that I like how much emphasis they put on examining crime scenes. Several times I got stuck days on end because I missed picking up a piece of evidence.

Phoenix Wright is still my favorite DS game though.

When I finished this game and determined that it is the best game on the DS currently, I told my gf I was going to make her play it. To my surprise she decided to buy it. When I told her it was DC, she hauled ass to Gamestop and picked up a copy.

I'm almost tempted to go and get more copies to save for Christmas gifts for friends with DS systems...

I have a question, can you win cases quicker by presenting the right evidence at the right times? It seems like this game is kind of holding my hand sometimes. The first one does not count, but on the second one, can I win it without knowing about the date of purchase of the lamp on the other side of the receipt?

Also, that little girl, Maya, please someone, Capcom, shoot her for me. She is so annoying.

I love the game, it's fun, different, interesting, and difficult at times. Also, it's just easy to pick up and play (if you don't put it down too long).

[quote name='b3b0p']I have a question, can you win cases quicker by presenting the right evidence at the right times? It seems like this game is kind of holding my hand sometimes. The first one does not count, but on the second one, can I win it without knowing about the date of purchase of the lamp on the other side of the receipt?

Also, that little girl, Maya, please someone, Capcom, shoot her for me. She is so annoying.
[/QUOTE]

There's essentially two ways to play.

The first is to press on every detail during cross-examination. Sometimes this reveals new information, sometimes it leads to new testimony, and sometimes it gets you nowhere and you go back in a circle. This is the safest way to determine when you can present evidence in order to show a contradiction.

The second is to just present the evidence directly. You can get away with showing the right stuff and the right time and not getting penalized. In fact, when I had to restart cases (especially during the final two cases), even if I presented everything at the right time, it would still take 20-30 minutes to get back to the point I was stuck on.

There are times when the only way to advance the case is through pressing. I won't say when because that's borderline spoiler.

Oh, and if you think this girl is annoying, what until the last case. She's cuter, but FAR more annoying. She's far more "in the middle of things." Some of her comments are geniunely funny though, but usually you just want her to shut up.

I finally found a copy today ^_^
I went to a bunch of eb games and gamestops during the weekend with no luck but today i went to the last eb games in my area and they had a used copy for $20

bread's done
Back