Phone went in laundary. Need something, HELP!

RESmonkey

CAGiversary!
My service provider is T-Mobile. Err, where can I find a phone that does NOT come with a plan (I just want to pop in my SIM card, which hopefully isn't dead).

Thanks. Every googled site gave me mediocre results. Ah!

Oh, and uh...phone recommendation would be sweet, too! :)

EDIt = Thanks!

eBay is a good place to look. i bought 3 phones over time and they worked out fine. just look for something "unlocked" or a phone for T-Mobile

[quote name='RESmonkey']Oh, and uh...phone recommendation would be sweet, too! :)[/quote]

Check out the new Campbell's 2600

122075rke.jpg

*sleek aluminum finish
*contoured design

(string not included)

man, just go and buy one of those tmobil prepaid phones. just put your sim card in it and you are good to go. I nephew did this with his tmobil account and i did this with my cingular account.

buy you a lil cheap one at target or something. you will have a new phone and no worrys.

That works? Really? ...sweet, so I can just buy any T-Mobile at like a Best Buy, and throw in my SIM?

T-Mobile won't, like, somehow charge $400 or some outrageous fee or anything, right?

These are my favorite kinds of threads. A cry for help. Three or four wry and amusing but entirely useless responses that give me a good chuckle, and then finally a simple, sincere, useful response that resolves the whole issue.

...I assume your post, chosen1s, is just there to lengthen the topic without adding any relevent advice?

I like you.

[quote name='RESmonkey']That works? Really? ...sweet, so I can just buy any T-Mobile at like a Best Buy, and throw in my SIM?

T-Mobile won't, like, somehow charge $400 or some outrageous fee or anything, right?[/QUOTE]

It works. I have T-Mobile and did it a few weeks ago to get by after my Razr broke. No extra charges. You'll just continue on your normal plan.

just go to the local chinese phone place and get a gray market phone from Asia. Chances are it will be a better phone than you already have. The bigger problem is making sure your sim card is working

My phone didn't get washed, but my friend gave me his Cingular phone. Had him call up cingular and they gave him a code to unlock it. There was some law passed that the companies have to give you the code to unlock their phones. Of course, they don't advertise this so don't pay for a phone to be unlocked.

So basically what I'm saying is that you don't need a T-Mobile phone, they all (Fine) Most use SIM cards. (I knew someone was going to correct me. For that I won't help you get rid of your comic books j/k.)

[quote name='azortex']So basically what I'm saying is that you don't need a T-Mobile phone, they all use SIM cards.[/quote]Not all cell phones use sim cards. As an example, the Helio phones use CDMI.

Most
cell phones use Sim cards is a more accurate statement.

*didnt read entire thread*

have you tried letting your phone dry out then try it again? ive washed 3 phones that way and a nokia & motorola kept on working (in fact the nokia ive washed 2-3 times and it still work). think the key is if the phone WASNT on when it was washed, you have a better chance of it working again. other than that, try ebay.

depends how cheap you want ot go. I just ordered a refurbished blackberry for $95 from www.refurbdepot.com. Ive ordered a digital camera from them as well and they seem to ship the next day after your order is placed. Most of the phones are unlocked as well.

Cell phone still works...small LCD damage that might go away I hope, but usable!

Should I keep using the same Li-Ion battery? It won't start fires when charging, right?

Not sure if it's nationwide, but Cricket has something insane like $30 per month for unlimited text, pictures, AIM, long distance, etc. And it's no contract. So you'll always have the same price, and can quit whenever you want.

bread's done
Back