*pics* XPORT = standalone XSATA

dafunkk12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Not to be confused with Datel's X-Port which was for PS2.

I just got back from Best Buy and bought Datel's XPORT ($39.99), which is essentially the XSATA but stand-alone and with a memory card port (and a bundled Xbox 1 memory card adapter). It runs completely off USB power, but there are two seperate USB plugs, one for accessing the hard drive, and one for accessing the memory card slot.

No word about it yet on the Datel/CodeJunkies site.

I'd been holding off on getting the XSATA since I'd have to move the 360 and all its cables and bricks over to my computer, but now all I have to more is the HDD!

[ Best Buy link ] - Only preorder available right now.

UPDATE: Photos

Okay, so I picked one of these up at Best Buy today for $30. Anybody have any experience with these things?

I'd like to use it with my MacBook to transfer some of my original Xbox saves to my 360 and to back up some 360 save files, but is it even possible to use this thing with a Mac?

Any thoughts on this device at all?

i picked this up a few weeks ago to transfer my xbox 1 saves

lets just say the software and the way the 360 hardrives are set up are not very user frinedly but it does work

i also figure this may be useful if i pick up the rumored black 360 in the future

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, so I picked one of these up at Best Buy today for $30. Anybody have any experience with these things?

I'd like to use it with my MacBook to transfer some of my original Xbox saves to my 360 and to back up some 360 save files, but is it even possible to use this thing with a Mac?

Any thoughts on this device at all?[/quote]

for all those who want to see the man. site: http://us.codejunkies.com/news_reviews.asp?c=GB&cr=&cs=&r=0&l=&p=22&i=9072&s=8

but from what i can tell, shipwreck, only pc compatable 'cause it needs to run a specific program, that, knowing this company, will not be made for macs

seems like something i'd only use once and then throw in my closet. but i guess it's cool if you like trading saves and what not. i see this being used to cheat with gamerpoints.

[quote name='triforcer']seems like something i'd only use once and then throw in my closet. but i guess it's cool if you like trading saves and what not. i see this being used to cheat with gamerpoints.[/quote]

it is. don't quite remember the site where you can get the saves at, but that's how the #1 ranked guy has his points... think his xbl tag is stripclubdj

[quote name='triforcer']i see this being used to cheat with gamerpoints.[/QUOTE]
If you transfer a save to a different profile you get a message that schievements are blocked. Also, you can't transfer any other type of data to other profiles. The main use of this is to move off stuff you've bought or downloaded so you don't have to risk it not being there later if you delete.

Just used this thing to copy my hard drive of my dead 360. I just restored the image to the new drive so I am crossing my fingers that everything will work right...

[quote name='WhoKnowsWho']Just used this thing to copy my hard drive of my dead 360. I just restored the image to the new drive so I am crossing my fingers that everything will work right...[/quote]

i think the latest software update mentions something against doing this..

[quote name='guyver2077']i think the latest software update mentions something against doing this..[/quote]

I sure hope not... I haven't started it up yet...

Great, the 360 doesn't recognize the drive now... I guess backing up only the saves was the way to go. Either I'll return this one or find some way of fixing it, but it looks like it is going back.

While I'd love to do this, and $30 sounds like a great price. I'm a mac user, plus this looks a bit too dangerous. Don't want to crash my HDD.

EDIT: It says "simply drag and drop between your Xbox 360 hard drive, memory cards, and PC"

If this is true "drag and drop", then that would imply this would show your hard drive as a USB mass storage device. In that case, it would work on a mac.

However, if it's not true "drag and drop" (as I expect), it will require a software application to transfer the stuff.

So dafunkk12, does this work as a USB mass-storage device?

[quote name='PyroGamer']While I'd love to do this, and $30 sounds like a great price. I'm a mac user, plus this looks a bit too dangerous. Don't want to crash my HDD.

EDIT: It says "simply drag and drop between your Xbox 360 hard drive, memory cards, and PC"

If this is true "drag and drop", then that would imply this would show your hard drive as a USB mass storage device. In that case, it would work on a mac.

However, if it's not true "drag and drop" (as I expect), it will require a software application to transfer the stuff.

So dafunkk12, does this work as a USB mass-storage device?[/quote]

you have to use the bundled software...it does not show up as a mass storage device.. you really have to read the manual as all the directories on the hard drive show up as long numbers/characters etc...

i mainly used this to get my xbox 1 saves on my 360...

Yeah, this is going to be heading back to Best Buy as I'm really only interested in backing things up if I can quickly and easily just plug this thing into my Mac. This ultimately seems like it will be a lot more work than what I'm willing to put forward.

I guess I'll just keep using my transfer Kit. This seems like a nice price (sold out at all my Best Buy's anyways).

There might be some 3rd party software out there....I know there was for the transfer kit. But then I had issues getting things to work.

[quote name='PINKO']i want one for sports games so i can update the rosters from sites like operation sports[/quote]

Same here, but NFL 2K5 isn't BC yet (or ever maybe) :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

[quote name='Damian']If you transfer a save to a different profile you get a message that schievements are blocked. Also, you can't transfer any other type of data to other profiles. The main use of this is to move off stuff you've bought or downloaded so you don't have to risk it not being there later if you delete.[/quote]

Wrong. People use this to transfer saves between 360's to easily get achievement points. 360gamesaves.com How do you think the guys with over 40k gamerscore have there points? Yes, some are legit, but most use this thing to cheat and get there gamerscore higher.

[quote name='guyver2077']you have to use the bundled software...it does not show up as a mass storage device.. you really have to read the manual as all the directories on the hard drive show up as long numbers/characters etc...

i mainly used this to get my xbox 1 saves on my 360...[/QUOTE]
It works with either the included XPort 360 software or the third-party XPlorer 360 software you can find online. But, nope, it's not natively mountable/readable without going through the software.

Um sorry to bring up this old thread again but I finally got my XPort in the mail today as it was a birthday gift I bought on the 1st. Any ways, I set up the software, hooked up my device, snapped in the my 120 gig hdd, (have a blue led light so I'm using the right usb cord) and windows automatically found and set up the device. Opened Xport 360 and it does not see that there is a hdd plugged into the Xport? I've tried everything but the PC software does not see my hdd. I really want to make a back up of my hdd... It looks like other people are having the same problem as I am just by the google search I did. Oh got mine from codejunkies.com and paid more than 30 bucks that's for sure.

Other people are having problems with the 120 or 20 gb HD? I used mine for the 20 with no problems, hell I need to use it again to back everything up

They don't say (all just say it doesnt recognize or see my hdd plugged in), I even checked the codejunkies website and there isnt a doesn't work with 120 gig mention on there so I don't think size is a factor.

bread's done
Back