Pikachu-Themed New 3DS XL MSRP $199.99 (2/24/17)

Ill trade a white 3ds black friday mario edition for one of these if someone doesnt want to cancel their preorder
photo-thumb-478798.jpg

Last week GameStop started have the yellow available either with the charger and with a $5 shipping charge it came in around $124.
That took for ever to sell, I'm guessing people, as I did, didn't what to pay for charger and shipping. Their bundles still sit there, on and off.

Very early this morning the had the red and yellow alone for preorder. I put both in my cart and went to check out.
Now not only is there a shipping charge, there is a $19 minimum charge for processing and handling.
I didn't order. It went out of stock last compare to Amazon and BB, which I missed by minutes.

The red came back at GS and I said what the hell, order just that. Shipping $5 and handling $17. It still sits there in stock.
BH photo has the yellow for about $212, it never says out of stock.

Ok charge shipping, but don't jack up ur price or charge for additional made up devices.

Saw a pic of a Target with 3 Pikachu 3DS out on the floor. I really don't feel like I should spend $200 right before the Switch comes out but I don't wanna miss this either 😕

My target had 2 Pikachu 3DS XL consoles out on the floor yesterday. Did the right thing and let them know that some moron had no concept of street date. At the same time retail stores won't let you purchase it via register, at least as far as I know. It'll mention on the check out screen that the item is street dated. But like the post above me mentioned, someone can always take a picture and it won't look good for the store.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one that actually want one? This is going to be an upgrade for me.
I really want one too actually. Or wanted. Ended up importing one from Singapore back in November cuz at the time it had not been confirmed whether it would be an Asia-only thing. Wanted it badly enough to pay the premium. Kinda wish I had waited now though lol.. could've saved some $$$ not importing. Oh well, enjoying it very much regardless.

I decided I didn't want to spend the money with everything else coming out soon; unfortunately I was too late to cancel.

If anyone wants mine (unopened of course) PM me - will sell for cost + S/H. It was the bundle with charger so would be $213 + S/H.

If no one is interested, I will just return to local GS - just thought I'd offer in case someone missed out and really wanted one...

Thanks.

I think mine is store pick up. I have two of the originals (one unopened) and several 3DS systems. I will return it and keep both Switches I pre ordered from BB and Walmart. That way my son can also use a system and we will have multiple joy cons.

My Walmart order is still processing yet the delivery time remains for tomorrow, if they mess it up I'll cancel it. Has anyone had their WM order shipped?

My Walmart order is still processing yet the delivery time remains for tomorrow, if they mess it up I'll cancel it. Has anyone had their WM order shipped?
Did you miss the Black Friday 3DS fiasco with Wal-Mart??

I don't think I would risk the headache it would cause me even if they were my last option.

Good luck and I hope you see your 3DS eventually.

Got my order in yesterday as a late Valentine's gift. My girl already has it put next to her sealed OG Chu XL. And she still doesn't own a single 3DS game. Lol! She is a hardcore Pikachu & Yoshi collector. Consoles, controllers, figures, toys & plushes. She has to have them.

Well if we can get back onto topic...

Gamestop now has put up a standalone listing for the system online and it seems they've been also taking instore preorders as well as I found out the other day when I stopped into a local store.

So as of now if people have forgotten, you can get the system at gamestop now on it's own, bundled with an A/C adapter, or bundled with a adapter and choice of Sun or Moon game. But don't forget about the possibility of it getting restocked sometime soon on Amazon as I posted earlier.
if you're a CAG you should know amazon reps are useless idiots who have no idea when or if an item is coming back in stock. Those are lies.

My pre-ordered PIKACHU from bestbuy is shipped.  I will cancel my pre-ordered at local Gamestop later this week.  Anyone here live around Independence, MO (around the Independence Center) and still want Pikachu 3DS XL let me know.  NO. I will not buy it & shipped it to you.  You just pay me $25 back from my down payment and you Pay the REST.  I will be there to let you pick up my pre-ordered.

Now Walmart is scalping people?

8cb.jpg

Edit: I managed to get a live chat walmart rep to price match it. All is good.

The yellow just went in stock at Walmart. My text message said $249.
I thought that was third party and didn't think nowinstock posted those.
Clocked on link, and guess what, ship and sold by Walmart.
So much for their price drop policy.

SHAME!!!!

Just got home from work and I guess my MH4U 3ds had dual IPS screens. Both screens look much better and the viewing angle thing is pretty noticeable. Kinda torn on doing a system transfer though I can always give the Pikachu one to my brother or something. 

Just got home from work and I guess my MH4U 3ds had dual IPS screens. Both screens look much better and the viewing angle thing is pretty noticeable. Kinda torn on doing a system transfer though I can always give the Pikachu one to my brother or something.
there's plenty of people on the internet that will tell you it's not a big difference. they're wrong

there's plenty of people on the internet that will tell you it's not a big difference. they're wrong
It is night and day to me. It is hard to say outside of the screens just having a higher quality to them. Sucks the XL never went with faceplates like the smaller ones did. I was looking forward to having a Pikachu system to use but just having one around the house is good enough I guess. Doesn't seem worth tracking down another system that may/may not have an IPS screen.

Just got one from BestBuy.com - as of this post still in stock

EDIT: As of this edit, out of stock. Maybe keep checking regularly if you're interested.

F**k WM. I cancelled my order, it had yet updated from processing to shipping and I bought myself a New Nintendo 3ds XL Zelda Themed refurb from Nintendo. Cheaper and cooler! Woot

I have a question, the black 3ds xl seem to be as hard to find in stock and when it does it goes pretty fast. I thought the black was the standard / regular edition. Is inventory just hard to maintain for any 3ds or is it considered special edition?

I broke up my post Bc diff subject.

I know everyone has already been talking about the sleazy thing Walmart did with hiking the price, but for the hell of it and to see if it was still in stock, I added it to my cart and now there is a minimum of $6 shipping charge.
I was able to get one ordered day bf and it was $199 with free shipping.
Very slizzy of Walmart.
This follows what GS done with the package with the charger and everyone was bitching about that, Bc that was extra $14. And u had to pay for shipping. The following week they had just the unit itself, but at check out they added a processing and handling fee of about $16 for one unit and $19 if u bought 2.

I have a question, the black 3ds xl seem to be as hard to find in stock and when it does it goes pretty fast. I thought the black was the standard / regular edition. Is inventory just hard to maintain for any 3ds or is it considered special edition?
All 3DSs have been hard to find for a while now. It was just recently that stores were restocked by Nintendo.

F**k WM. I cancelled my order, it had yet updated from processing to shipping and I bought myself a New Nintendo 3ds XL Zelda Themed refurb from Nintendo. Cheaper and cooler! Woot
thanks for the heads up, didn't know they had the Zelda referbs, grabbed one of these as well. Excited for this one!

My order with Walmart for pikachu is still sitting at "we're processing " stage and still has a delivery date of today.
People here were posting that they hoped it wasn't another Black Friday fiasco.
What exactly happened? They cancelled orders?
I only had shipping option when I placed it Wednesday and was a little surprised they had a 2/24 delivery date.

Bc of this I put an alert for BB and around 1:35am got one there, didn't want to lose out. Waiting on that order to see if I actually get it, delivery date 3/3/17.

bread's done
Back