PINBALL ARCADE XBLA - Xbox One 11/26 Release

I'm wondering why they don't do a la carte pricing like other titles. Charge 400 points for the 2-table packs like they're doing and maybe charge 240 for a single table. People who buy by value will gravitate toward the 400 price point and people who buy by lowest cost would gravitate toward the 240 price.

It worked great for games like Forza Motorsport 4. Buying a single car was like 240 points. But buying a bigger car pack that included that single car would be like 560 points.

[quote name='dirtyvu']I'm wondering why they don't do a la carte pricing like other titles. Charge 400 points for the 2-table packs like they're doing and maybe charge 240 for a single table. People who buy by value will gravitate toward the 400 price point and people who buy by lowest cost would gravitate toward the 240 price.[/QUOTE]

Probably because half the tables are rehashes from the last game. Quick and cheap ports to the new game that only required a little bit of work. If they sold them individually I'd assume those rehashed tables would sell noticably less than the new stuff. So they stick them together and charge for two tables after really only having to work hard one one of the.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. I know why they do the bundling...

But I think if they skewed the a la carte pricing, a lot of people would still end up buying the bundle. Like if they make the 2-table bundle for 400 points. But make individual tables for 300 points.

Just like in Forza. 1 car is 240 points. But you can buy that car in a 10-car pack for 560 points. So a lot of people just end up getting the bundle because of the value aspect (even though they probably hate half the cars).

Well, here's their explanation on why the XBox has been completely fucking abysmal when it comes to DLC for this game, it has to do with Crave's bankrupty.

The following is our X-Box announcement from our newsletter:

FarSight offers its apologies for the delays in releasing additional content for the Xbox 360 of Pinball Arcade. We want to assure 360 players that these delays are temporary and we fully intend to continue supporting this console. The issues are not the fault of Microsoft nor are they due to the title update procedure. The 360 is the only platform that we cannot publish on directly. Selling digital content requires a current Publishing License Agreement (PLA) with Microsoft to release games. We are working through complications regarding our publisher Crave Entertainment filing bankruptcy. At this moment, we are not able to submit new content. However, we expect to start rolling out the updates shortly and catch the Table Pack releases on 360 up to the other platforms within a few months.

maybe Microsoft can swoop in and become the publisher. They would certainly get FarSight's house in order to meet deadlines.

I'm glad they finally explained it. Hopefully they do manage to get this straightened out soon and roll them out shortly. I will be buying them all, as I'm sure will others, so they will be getting a nice paycheck once they do. :)

Saw this in a comment on a preview video for the Star Trek TNG table:

From the latest Pinball Arcade Newsletter: "We are happy to announce that we've selected a new publisher for the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade! We are in the final stages of contracting, and we will make an announcement when we know when new tables will be released for the Xbox 360. Thanks for your patience during this transition!"

[quote name='raistlin']At this point they may as well wait until the 720 comes out.[/QUOTE]

naw... they'd probably rerelease all these tables AGAIN as the "new" versions with "new" physics.

this has to be the most mangled series of all time. The tables are fun but the company is too small to handle so many platforms at once.

News about the 360 stuff is coming next week, according to their FB page.

Note that it says "news" and not "release dates," so don't get your hopes up. But it's almost better than nothing...I guess.

[quote name='KaneRobot']News about the 360 stuff is coming next week, according to their FB page.

Note that it says "news" and not "release dates," so don't get your hopes up. But it's almost better than nothing...I guess.[/QUOTE]

They claim they have locked in dates but can't talk about them yet due to the publisher bankruptcy. I guess we'll see....

Pretty much what I predicted. No release date news.

Xbox 360 Update : FarSight's contract with Fillpoint is now an asset of a bankrupt company, so they need both the consent of the creditors and the approval of the court to move the game to another publisher. The good news is that they are VERY CLOSE to getting court approval on a transfer. FarSight wishes it was happening faster (and they're more frustrated than consumers as they lose money every day the new tables aren’t available on the Xbox 360). But it will happen!

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']I'm pretty much about to breakdown and buy these again on the PSN. (mainly for the portability on the Vita)[/QUOTE]

I would but as Europe got the main package as part of PS+ for the Vita, I'm holding off.

it's really pissing me off.. I want TZ bad but made the mistake of investing in Pinball Arcade on my 360 instead of my PS3. Now I really don't want to spend the $10 to start over on the PS3, but I'm stuck without the new tables.

Really hoping they get their sh*t together soon...

[quote name='venturin']it's really pissing me off.. I want TZ bad but made the mistake of investing in Pinball Arcade on my 360 instead of my PS3. Now I really don't want to spend the $10 to start over on the PS3, but I'm stuck without the new tables.

Really hoping they get their sh*t together soon...[/QUOTE]

I'll never get my initial 800 MSP back from buying this, but I finally broke down and got the PSN version. Thankfully, I hadn't bought any DLC packs for my Xbox one before the issues. Honestly, my higher scores are on Xbox, and there is less lag to boot. But it's been such a disaster, I wouldn't trust those tables to come out any time soon on XBLA.

Sucks because I love what they are doing and believe they are honestly trying. But the mismanagement of this whole thing is crazy. For now, I'll support them on PSN.

I was thinking about switching to PSN too... but then I found out that nothing on PSN will transfer to the PS4, so that plan is on hold. Would suck to buy all these tables and then *have* to keep a PS3 plugged in once I have a PS4 (which will happen eventually, certainly not anywhere near release). I might end up switching to OUYA for my console Pinball Arcade (I think it's going there, right?).... OUYA should have absolutely zero release issues. Indeed the more I think about it, the better that idea seems.

And now it's Spring 2013, they released Star Trek TNG for PS3 and STILL no word on what the hells going on with the 360 versions... Ridiculous.

I've about given up on the 360 version. waiting for the Windows 8 version which they said is soon. can use my 360 controllers on my PC and I also have a vertical/portrait monitor. Can also use the game across my laptops as well.

I have the Star Wars for Pinball FX2 on the PC and it's just so much better on a vertical monitor. the way pinball is supposed to be.

From the Pinball Arcade Facebook page:

Due to the length of the delays on the Xbox 360, we are offering to switch kickstarter backer platforms to any other platform we support. If the base game is needed to play (for example the PS3), we will be happy to provide a means to getting the base game free-of-charge. We are continuing to work with the bankruptcy court to get the legal issues with our 360 publisher sorted out, and we remain confident we will be able to release all of the new tables on the 360 soon. Please contact us at [email protected] if you'd like to switch platforms.
And thank you for supporting us!

I grew tired of waiting for the 360 release so I opted in for this. All they needed was the email address associated with Kickstarter, my new preferred platform of choice and region. Within 24 hours I had my codes for Star Trek, Twilight Zone and Pinball Arcade base game for PS3.

I'm still going to stick it out and wait for the :360: packs to drop. It's a nice (and frankly much needed) gesture but if I wanted the tables on another platform I would have bought the base game on it.

I'm going to wait it out on 360 too. I already have the other tables on 360. I don't want to buy them again on PS3. Plus we know the PS4 won't play them. Maybe the 720 won't be backward compatible either, but at least I can be blissfully ignorant for the time being. LOL. Also I have them on iOS, so I can play them there to tide me over until the 360 releases.

Well, I was waiting, but maybe not any more. I've been playing TPA on PS3 due to the PS+ freebie and now am considering buying the season 1 pack and going in whole hog. I'm starting to lose hope on the 360 version. I do prefer the 360 controller, though. If you are similarly jumping ship, feel free to add me as a friend on PS3 so we can compare scores. I'm "crunchewy" there as well.

I'm thinking there's a high probability that they won't get the rest of the tables out before the end of the 360s lifespan. Legal stuff goes on and on for years.

That's my thinking as well. Especially since they offered to switch Kickstarters to another platform if they wish. I think the writing's on the wall - the 360 version is never going to see any new releases. I think it's even doubtful that the Xbox One will get a version of TPA. I think with this experience they are going to be unlikely to jump on board with the One when it has the same policies in place. AND Sony has invited Farsight to demo in their booth at E3. Sony is just being MUCH friendlier to small developers.

So... add me on your PS3. :)

They'll probably get stuff on 360 when they can. There is too much money to be made for them to just give up on it. Next gen console adaptation is going to be slow this time around, the 360 will still have a few years left even after the new one is out.

What I really came to post: There is going to be an upcoming Kickstarter for the T2 table. Was "leaked" back in November but no follow-up until just recently when a FS employee confirmed it.

T2 is a fun game. I'll probably back it, though I hope they offer some reward other than just getting the game and such, because I'll have the season pass anyway (once that is up).

The news that MS stopped charging publishers for title updates ought to help expedite the process...but who knows given the situation Farsight is in right now.

At least, that should be good news going ahead for the Xbox One also.

15 grand still to go on the T2 table with less than 9 days to go...don't know if this one is gonna make it. They really should have done this sooner when there was more interest in the game. I think most of the 360 crowd has long given up at this point.

15 grand still to go on the T2 table with less than 9 days to go...don't know if this one is gonna make it. They really should have done this sooner when there was more interest in the game. I think most of the 360 crowd has long given up at this point.
The 360 crowd definitely has, and FS hasn't done themselves any favors with other issues involving KS gifts and the like across other platforms. It's really as if they bit off far more than they could reasonably chew when they started up this whole game.

Seems like some would rather wait until they get their house in order before investing in another KS of theirs -- but Farsight seems to be poorly managed in addition to running into a bad set of circumstances on the MS side. At some point they were going into run into resistance unless things changed, and this T2 KS may finally be the breaking point for them (or else it might just eek it out).

It's a shame too, because the concept and the game itself are great...or could be...

I backed it even though I essentially get nothing but my name in the credits, because I really want to see this game happen... and because I switched to the PS3 and Vita for Pinball Arcade. I recommend it if that's an option to you. I picked up the season 1 pack and will be getting the season 2 pass once I have the funds (thus why the KS doesn't really get me anything... except the opportunity to have T2K as part of the season 2 pass, which is good enough for me!)

If anybody switches over to the PS3/Vita, add me as a friend to compare scores: Crunchewy.

Well if nothing else, it looks like they may actually make it. Less than 5000 bucks to go, 3 days left. A lot of progress in the last few days which surprises me.

They have said that any additional money they received over the goal will be put towards their next table, and they have also said that their goal now is to get The Addams Family. I'll be interested if they are able to pull that off - on one hand, it'll probably be even more expensive than T2 (Addams Family rights, plus rights to the movie, plus multiple actor likeness rights, plus music, and I'm probably forgetting something). But at the same time it is arguably the most requested table, so it should have a bit more support behind it than T2 did.

They have said that any additional money they received over the goal will be put towards their next table, and they have also said that their goal now is to get The Addams Family. I'll be interested if they are able to pull that off - on one hand, it'll probably be even more expensive than T2 (Addams Family rights, plus rights to the movie, plus multiple actor likeness rights, plus music, and I'm probably forgetting something). But at the same time it is arguably the most requested table, so it should have a bit more support behind it than T2 did.
Great, but that means jack shit if I can't play it. I'm still waiting on my first two Kickstarter table rewards.

Unfortunately Microsoft insists that developers have a publisher, and Farsight's is bankrupt. They can't self-publish, so gamers are screwed until that mess is cleaned up. On other platforms Farsight can self-publish.

I put in to support the table due to it being T2.  I loved that table as a kid.  It and Rescue 911.  I played rescue 911 all the time when I would go to Pizza Hut as a kid.  Even if it was just to go and pick the pizza up.  I would hope for a long line to get the pizza just so I would have longer time playing.  I some times would leave with still some play time left because my mom would be telling me we need to go so the stuff wasn't cold by the time we got home.  

Anyway after putting in for this table I went to look for this game on the 360 or the PS3.  For a complete edition the prices seem odd.  eBay they seems to be under 40 bucks however Amazon they are around 100.  The cheaper ones on eBay seem to be disc only or missing the book.  I guess I will just download it for the PC.  I'm looking forward the T2 table.  I paid to get it on all platforms so I will be playing it on the PC and Android.  If it comes out for the PS3 I will try and track down a copy of the game for that too.  Sucks it might not make it for the 360.

I think you may be confusing two different games. There is no version of The Pinball Arcade on disc. You're probably seeing Pinball Hall of Fame - easy mistake to make since it's the same developer and includes many of the same tables. Pinball Arcade is a download-only game.

PHoF has no DLC. Pinball Arcade is the only Farsight pinball game with DLC available.

bread's done
Back