PINBALL ARCADE XBLA - Xbox One 11/26 Release

Okay that would explain it then.  I'm just looking forward to this T2 table.  I would still love to have the room for the real one, but the one from Farsight will be good enough.

Weird random fact - the president of Farsight Studios is also the mayor of the town where the studio is located (Big Bear Lake, CA).

Unfortunately Microsoft insists that developers have a publisher, and Farsight's is bankrupt. They can't self-publish, so gamers are screwed until that mess is cleaned up. On other platforms Farsight can self-publish.
I know; I'm just frustrated with the whole situation. If/when the DLC packs finally get put up I'll buy every single one. It just pisses me off that it's been almost an entire year without new DLC.

I feel your pain. I had a PS3 too so I decided to jump ship. This was made more palatable with the season 1 pack and season 2 pass. Then I bought a Vita, in part because I knew I'd get that version of all the games too. So I spent more money to make it feel like the switch was even more worth it. LOL.

MS is allowing self publishing now on XBone. If those pricks would have allowed it all along we would never have had the DLC issues going on now.

Funny you ask. Was wondering what TPA being removed from the marketplace meant, sort of hoped that meant it was taken down so it could be relaunched with Farsight publishing it...looks like that may be the case.

"As many of our fans have noticed, the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade is no longer available in the Live Arcade store. Our publisher for the 360 version recently emerged from bankruptcy and we'd been told that we would be allowed to immediately submit all of the unreleased Table Packs to our long-suffering 360 users. Unfortunately, Microsoft has elected to revoke the publisher's license agreement (which is why the Pinball Arcade is temporarily not available in the store). However, we have some very good news to share- Microsoft has just announced that indie developers (like FarSight) can now self-publish on Xbox Live Arcade instead of being required to find publishers for their games. This means we can bring the Pinball Arcade back to the 360 ourselves, and also opens the door to an Xbox One version of the Pinball Arcade in the future! Microsoft has stated that the new program will open in August- we will do everything we can to get the Pinball Arcade (and all of the new Table Packs) back on the Xbox 360 as quickly as possible."

To clarify, Polygon did follow-up with Farsight to make sure the thing about self-publishing on the 360 was accurate, since that hadn't really been mentioned so far, but Farsight did confirm the accuracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny you ask. Was wondering what TPA being removed from the marketplace meant, sort of hoped that meant it was taken down so it could be relaunched with Farsight publishing it...looks like that may be the case.

"As many of our fans have noticed, the Xbox 360 version of the Pinball Arcade is no longer available in the Live Arcade store. Our publisher for the 360 version recently emerged from bankruptcy and we'd been told that we would be allowed to immediately submit all of the unreleased Table Packs to our long-suffering 360 users. Unfortunately, Microsoft has elected to revoke the publisher's license agreement (which is why the Pinball Arcade is temporarily not available in the store). However, we have some very good news to share- Microsoft has just announced that indie developers (like FarSight) can now self-publish on Xbox Live Arcade instead of being required to find publishers for their games. This means we can bring the Pinball Arcade back to the 360 ourselves, and also opens the door to an Xbox One version of the Pinball Arcade in the future! Microsoft has stated that the new program will open in August- we will do everything we can to get the Pinball Arcade (and all of the new Table Packs) back on the Xbox 360 as quickly as possible."

To clarify, Polygon did follow-up with Farsight to make sure the thing about self-publishing on the 360 was accurate, since that hadn't really been mentioned so far, but Farsight did confirm the accuracy.
Good news for Xbox users! This has been such a crazy situation. I hope they can get everything up again soon!

I have yet to see anything saying that Microsoft is allowing self-publishing on 360. Only on X1. I wonder if Farsight jumped to a conclusion that isn't true. I hope not.

Farsight backpedalled on the self-publishing on 360 thing, which is just another comically sad misstep on their part. That said, the way it was phrased struck me more as "we weren't supposed to say anything yet, oops" as opposed to "we were wrong, there is no self-publishing on the 360." I know Farsight is incredibly inept, but I'd hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to somehow get their facts mixed up on this.

Farsight backpedalled on the self-publishing on 360 thing, which is just another comically sad misstep on their part. That said, the way it was phrased struck me more as "we weren't supposed to say anything yet, oops" as opposed to "we were wrong, there is no self-publishing on the 360." I know Farsight is incredibly inept, but I'd hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to somehow get their facts mixed up on this.
I swear, this whole thing will be used as a case study for what NOT to do when Xbone comes out. Granted, a lot of this was not their fault. But it's still such a giant mess, that you can't help but watch it play out.

Farsight has made a lot of mistakes, but I don't blame them for the 360 troubles. They did get their facts wrong, I'm guessing, because there's other things Microsoft is not bringing to the 360 such as Home Gold (somebody explain to me why it costs a family of gamers 3, 4 or more times as much to play online on a 360 than the X1 which even has their super duper uber special cloud stuff)? I think they are going to have to get a publisher to be able to bring any new tables to the 360. I think they should just give up on the 360 version of PA and give out refunds for Kickstarter backers that chose Xbox (still with the option to switch platforms if that's possible for your).

Agreed. People would be pissed, but they are fighting a losing battle with Xbox 360. Hell, offer 360 users planning to upgrade to Xbox One a free pack or something to save face.

That doesn't really do anything for people with no plans to upgrade, like me. And they likely are not in any financial situation to offer refunds. That money is spent. And if they can't get their company straight on anything else so far, I shudder to think how they'd handle refunds.

If there is any possible way they can release for the 360, they will. There is too much money to be made for them not to.

That guy who runs Farsight is a real weirdo. Check out this video of a speech he gave during a manhunt for a murderer (if you missed the above post, he's mayor of the town where Farsight is located). Seeing him cracking weird, bad jokes while a murderer is running loose in town, and talking about it like it's a joyous occasion and thanking everyone for coming is really odd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSFJ-49ygUQ

I'm still trying to find out what platforms the T-2 table will be out for and have received no response on the kickstarter page.  Everyone other project I helped responded within 24 hours.  

Has it been mentioned if Pinball Arcade is coming to the Xbox One?
It hasn't, though FS will almost certainly do it given that the publishing requirements have been changed. Whatever legal issues they've had with the 360 version don't apply to the One either, which will help.

No real news right now, other than to say as recently as yesterday whoever does the TPA Facebook page reiterated that the 360 is still something they intend to fully support once the bankruptcy case clears.

I think it's safe to say 360 will never see an update. I don't really care at this point as I switched to PS3/Vita a while ago, and eventually PS4, and I don't really blame Farsight. It was MSs policies that caused the problem.

Well, technically, FS' publisher going bankrupt caused the 360 problems -- though it was MS' 360 policies that forced them to have a publisher in the first place. Either way, now it's stuck in court and I'm guessing it'll be too late to bother with updates by the time it gets sorted out.

Looking forward to the XB1 release, hopefully it won't take long...though at this point, even a few months wouldn't seem long given the 360 legal mess!

I'll buy the Xbone version if DLC I've already bought carries over (not likely, but MS has done some surprisingly nice things over three past several weeks), barring that it's going to take a hell of a sale price to get me to jump onboard again.

360 version lives! Though at this point I'm probably waiting for the XB1 release, this is great news for long suffering 360 owners :)

From the Farsight newsletter:

How long have you been waiting to see this logo back on our newsletters? Xbox 360 fans of Pinball Arcade, IT IS HAPPENING! The transfer of publishing rights for the Xbox 360 version of Pinball Arcade has at last been granted to Alliance Digital Media by Microsoft. We have submitted all of the content and 360 users will soon be getting a massive title update containing all of the latest versions of the tables, all of the releases up to date, and all bug fixes. Once the title update is approved by Microsoft, we will be updating you on the release date when you can finally get your hands back on Pinball Arcade on your Xbox 360!

I'll be reeeeeal interested to see if they live up to their words from probably over a year ago regarding doing something special for Xbox 360 on so they could catch up on content. I'm taking it to mean that they're just going to release all the tables at once, but it sure would be nice if we got some kind of a sale.

It's up now on X1. Typical Farsight, no customizable controller configuration. Playing with the triggers has to much dead zone for flippers.

I'm not happy about having to rebuy all the tables. It would of been nice to allow cross buy since pinball fx does. However FarSight has never been about "value". They know that people like me who only care about real pinballs will keep paying as we have no other option.

I ended up cracking and bought Season 1 even tho I've bought it on 360/PS3/PS4 each time. I got sick of playing tales over and over. That music is giving me nightmares. I did get 260M on Tales tho which is good for 3rd overall.

Season 2 + 3 doesn't look as good to me as Season 1 so I only bought individual tables Ive played a lot in person. Dracula, High Roller Vegas, Champion's Pub, terminator 2, and Whitewater. If anybody actually plays this add me on xbox @ Jetsetpoker

I really don't want to support this by buying it on Xbone based on my distaste for Farsight but we'll see. I want them to live up to their word that's they are going to do something special for 360 owners because they've had to wait so long. They said that so long ago now that I can just about guarantee it won't happen, whatever they had in mind when that was said.

I'm going to be especially turned off if they don't offer something to people that have already bought tables on the 360 - ie a discounted season pass for previous owners since back when it was on the 360 originally the season pass didn't even exist yet. Some people just bought all the tables individually like my dumb ass.

Cross platform buy should really be a no breaker as well but it'll be a cold fucking day in hell before I believe FS has the ability to make that happen.

I sadly agree with you 100%. You will never get anything for free from FarSight. I've supported this game on multiple platforms not because I want to but if I want to play real pinball I have too.

While I love being able to play these games on a whim, I just can't stand digital pinball. It lacks the feel and the flow of a real machine and doesn't do anything to mimic playing a machine that's been in a smoky bar for a decade and is beat to hell.

Having said that, I wish they'd do more EM's (Big Shot takes most of my time) along with Gottlieb's Big Hurt Baseball and Waterworld.

Finally downloaded the game and wow they've got all the tables in this thing. Very tempting but I've still got my 360 so I'm gonna just throw in the Williams Collection when I'm in the mood for some sim Pinball.

I realy didn't think this day would come.

So all the tables are apparently out now on 360, but as per usual with Farsight, something went wrong.

From a FS employee:

"I was out of the office yesterday, so I wasn't here to answer what was going on.

Essentially the content has been released, but the title update which allows you to play it hasn't. That should be resolved shortly, and we'll let you know when it's out.

I was hoping the DLC wouldn't go out until the title update"
So feel free to buy all those tables now! Just don't expect them to play them until the title update coming "shortly."

I reaaaally want to believe the patch will be out within the next weeHAHAHA sorry...I can't even finish that statement with a serious face. This is Farsight for god's sake. Hope they surprise me!

Regardless, as much as I want that stuff I may still wait for feedback. I know the PS4 and XBone versions are definitely not problem free (I think the Xbone version still has a lot of broken achievements).

Another FS employee within the last 20 minutes:

We just hit the release button! Let us know when the titles become playable.
So...uh...keep an eye out, I guess. I'm still in the believe it when I see it camp, but it looks like it might actually be happening this time.

After 2+ years, the day has come.

Some people are saying they had to redownload the game rather than applying an update, but it's here. Haven't checked it myself yet but multiple people have confirmed. Everything up through Addams Family is available.

Couldn't resist the sale ($15 each for Season 1 & 2) , but only one person on my friend's list has it. If anyone else here on CAG plays it please send a friend request to DROPPIN LOADZ.

Yeah I bought the Pro packs since they were only 5 bucks more and I had 45 bucks in Xbox credit built up. Honestly don't see a huge perk to the pro packs but since wasn't really paying anything I went for them anyway.

Too bad S3 wasn't on sale, but I've got enough tables now to keep me busy anyway.

bread's done
Back