Pinball FX 2 - Free Paranormal table from 10/26 to 11/2!!!

[quote name='crunchewy']How do you "complete" abyss multiball? Just a bunch of jackpots and then it's completed, or something else? I always feel with this machine that there's something I'm missing. :)[/QUOTE]

To complete Abyss Multiball all you have to do is keep the multiball alive and kicking long enough for you to dive down to 50 meters on the DMD... I don't know if you get 50 million for it though. I think if you make it barely past the 50 meter mark you get 5 million. I think Spy might have had one hell of a multiball session to get the 50 million point bonus.

The easiest way for me to score points is the mine chaos multiball since you only have to hit the far left ramp 5 times to activate it. It's a 2 ball but if you keep the combos going you can score big. I think I had a nice session where I earned the 30 million bonus for mine chaos.

I don't know how that guy got to a billion, lol. I bet he is just a madman... or he really wants those Marvel tables.

[quote name='Rodimus']Cool, I'm in for Spider-Man. But why Blade?[/QUOTE]

Why not Blade? lol

I think that table looks awesome.

I guess the reason given on the forums @ marvelpinball.com is someone at Zen really loves Blade... He does seem out of place among the other 3 heavy hitters, but that adds to the appeal.

And that Iron Man preview looks amazing. Blew my expectations out of the water! The boss coming from underneath the table looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see some of the other table previews when they are revealed.

Are they selling these as a pack for Pinball FX 2, or will they sell them individually? My friends said they'll be individual, and for dat triple, they'll be a pack.

I have the unlocked avatar of the pinball with the face, but it doesn't show up in my forum gamercard ... what gives?

I've been doing nothing but Secrets of the Deep Table tournament, but can't break 38 million. I didn't like that table at first, but doing the tournment has made it grow on me.

[quote name='sp8001']Why not Blade? lol

I think that table looks awesome.[/QUOTE]

Eh, besides the movies he's never really been a relevant character in the Marvel universe. I think more people would prefer to see Captain America, Thor or Fantastic Four.

[quote name='Rodimus']Eh, besides the movies he's never really been a relevant character in the Marvel universe. I think more people would prefer to see Captain America, Thor or Fantastic Four.[/QUOTE]

Tru dat but the Blade table looks like the best of the four.

[quote name='Rodimus']Eh, besides the movies he's never really been a relevant character in the Marvel universe. I think more people would prefer to see Captain America, Thor or Fantastic Four.[/QUOTE]

I would have loved to see a Cap America table.

[quote name='2DMention']Tru dat but the Blade table looks like the best of the four.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I would have loved to see a Cap America table.[/QUOTE]

Have you guys been to the website where you could vote on the next table? F4 and Cap were options. And if these are a hit (they will be) do you think they'll stop? I'm sure they are working on a Thor table now or at least will be because he'll be front and center come May of next year.

So yeah, go C-list Marvel Heroes. Get me some X-Force or Deadpool (B-list arguably) or X-Men or Daredevil.

So I got 800 points to spend. Should I buy the FX1 or FX2's tables?

No, I haven't been to the site. I didn't even know these were coming out till last week. A Marvel Zombies table is also an awesome idea.

[quote name='FurryCurry']

So I got 800 points to spend. Should I buy the FX1 or FX2's tables?[/QUOTE]

Maybe 1-2 of FX1's tables are good; I'd go with FX 2. There's more to do, there's more multiplayer options, and they are more advanced with video modes and tournaments.

@ Rodimus - A Zombie table would be awesome!

[quote name='2DMention']Maybe 1-2 of FX1's tables are good; I'd go with FX 2. There's more to do, there's more multiplayer options, and they are more advanced with video modes and tournaments.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that statement.

I third the FX2 tables first suggestion. I have to say, though, that none of these machines are really all THAT great. It is fun, but I definitely miss the great design of the machines in Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection. I.e. PFX2's designers still aren't very good pinball machine designers. It *is* fun, but don't expect too much. The main thing I like about PFX2 is the competition with friends and the physics, which I do contend are better then PHoF. I wish PHoF had PFX2's physics. Better, I wish the designers of PFX2 would work with the designers of PHoF to produce PHoF's sequel. Now *that* would be awesome.

Still no release date for Marvel...

I spent my rebate points during the BF sale, so I had to hit up Best Buy for another 1600 points to be ready for this awesome DLC :)

I hope they release a few more trailers like they did for Ironman... That trailer got me pumped. I would love to see what the other tables are capable of.

Marvel is coming soon. Not sure if the date has been revealed to the public yet but I just got my review code for it. Can't wait to try this out later tonight.

Oh my gosh I'm mentally and physically exhausted. 198M on SFII Table, ranked 12th! Omg I still couldn't defeat Akuma, that bastard! I need points and I'll want the marvel tables but I have the others to occupy my time.

[quote name='SynGamer']Marvel is coming soon. Not sure if the date has been revealed to the public yet but I just got my review code for it. Can't wait to try this out later tonight.[/QUOTE]

I am jealous :)

Have fun

[quote name='sp8001']I am jealous :)

Have fun[/QUOTE]

You don't have very long to wait assuming the review embargo lifts the day of or before the table comes out :)

Blade is relevant if you read Dr. Strange (and you should).

[quote name='2DMention']A pinball league would be cool. I'd even get live for it!

Add me too. I don't know anybody who has this either. I'll add a bunch of you when I get the chance.

There's quite a few places in MN, and there's a group that meets every 3 weeks going to different places to play.

There's a bar/bowling alley 25 minutes away from me that has 40 games, including the 2 newest games, so I'm never at a loss for pinball.[/QUOTE]

Blainebrook? That place is the bomb! I live down by SS Billiards but try to make the BB trek at least every other month. Do you go to the pinnesota things? I used to go quite a bit but haven't really had the chance lately.

So can anyone give me a hint on what to do in Pasha? I get the book to open but seemingly can't make whatever shot is necessary to get the mode started.

Next week! Sweet!

I wonder if they'll do tournaments with these tables?

I still haven't gotten my fill of the PFX 2 tables.

Blainebrook? That place is the bomb! I live down by SS Billiards but try to make the BB trek at least every other month. Do you go to the pinnesota things? I used to go quite a bit but haven't really had the chance lately.
Yep. They have tournaments every 1st sun. from 3-10pm. They have one this week! I'd participate, but I want to watch Walking Dead. I'll do it next month.

My friends and I go every 2 weeks.

I work near SS Billiards, but there's really no reason to go there now that BlaineBrook has Batman - Dark Knight now and Spiderman for 1/2 price. I guess I'd go there if I'd have an itch to play Medevil Madness or Wheel of Fortune, but he charges too much and is an asshole to boot. (He yelled and swore at me once when I needed help with a stuck ball!). I only go to SS when they have pinball Circus.

Is it me, or do you think it's too soon for the DLC marvel tables? We got Pinball FX 2 barely two months ago.. I still haven't gotten used to the new tables.

[quote name='2DMention']Is it me, or do you think it's too soon for the DLC marvel tables? We got Pinball FX 2 barely two months ago.. I still haven't gotten used to the new tables.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's too soon, and it's better than getting paid DLC during the first week of release. Also don't forget that there should be more Marvel tables coming too.

[quote name='porieux']Blade is relevant if you read Dr. Strange (and you should).[/QUOTE]

They've crossed paths, yes, but I don't see how that makes him any more relevant. Dr. Strange hasn't had his own ongoing comic for quite a while. For the most part Strange has been bundled along with the New Avengers for the last few years (which I do read) In fact the last arc was mainly about Dr. Strange, but no Blade. I'm not a big Strange fan but I do consider him an important character of the Marvel Universe.

Comic book-wise Blade hasn't had much impact. The last thing I read with Blade was a few years ago when he became a member of Captain Britain's MI-13 team. Most people I know didn't even realize Blade was a comic book character until I told them.

[quote name='Rodimus']They've crossed paths, yes, but I don't see how that makes him any more relevant. Dr. Strange hasn't had his own ongoing comic for quite a while. For the most part Strange has been bundled along with the New Avengers for the last few years (which I do read) In fact the last arc was mainly about Dr. Strange, but no Blade. I'm not a big Strange fan but I do consider him an important character of the Marvel Universe.

Comic book-wise Blade hasn't had much impact. The last thing I read with Blade was a few years ago when he became a member of Captain Britain's MI-13 team. Most people I know didn't even realize Blade was a comic book character until I told them.[/QUOTE]

Don't care about what is recent, personally. All the best comics are old.

[quote name='porieux']Don't care about what is recent, personally. All the best comics are old.[/QUOTE]

While I disagree I won't argue with that. I have my fare share of old comics and respect the history too much. I don't hate Blade but besides some movies and a few video game appearances he really hasn't been in much else. I just think it's a questionable choice considering Marvel trying to push other popular franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barely beat my old high score in Secrets of the Deep. I don't think I'll touch that game for awhile once the tourney's over lol.

I like Pasha, but is it me or does it seem like there isn't much to do on that table?

[quote name='2DMention']Barely beat my old high score in Secrets of the Deep. I don't think I'll touch that game for awhile once the tourney's over lol.

I like Pasha, but is it me or does it seem like there isn't much to do on that table?[/QUOTE]

Compared to the Secrets of the Deep no there are not 5 different multiballs haha. I can do everything now but the magnet mini game, still don't understand how that works.

Ah man I'm in a dilemma to grab the dlc marvel tables for this game or Bejeweled 3. Yeah I know that's sad that I'm in a dilemma with those two choices lol.

[quote name='Rodimus']While I disagree I won't argue with that. I have my fare share of old comics and respect the history too much.[/quote]

Personally, I think porieux's comment was a bit too generlized for serious debate... There's allot of crap on the market right now but there was allot of crap on the market back in the day too. (and, good to great stuff in all eras.)

[quote name='Rodimus']I don't hate Blade but besides some movies and a few video game appearances he really hasn't been in much else. I just think it's a questionable choice considering Marvel trying to push other popular franchises.[/QUOTE]

Actually, he's a perfect choice. Someone at Zen really likes him and wanted to do a table for him but its not one of those characters that is going to drive standalone table sales... So you group him with others.

Anyhow, I've pretty much decided I really suck at the SotD table and just suck at the game in general. My best score on SotD is 16M, and I'm pretty sure that was the first time I ever played it the day it came out, and in the tournament it's about 12M.

So I wouldn't mind some general advice... I use view 4 for all tables, and use the RB/LB as they seem to be faster. Anything else I'm missing? (Other than the pinball far too often.)

I burned myself out on FX2 a bit, and there's no way in heck I'd have the epic patience required to win the current tournament, nor likely any future tournament either. I actually think I'm going to hold off on the Marvel DLC and give it a while so I can really enjoy them later - right now I'm not that enthused. I'm starting to think maybe they are putting this DLC out too soon, but perhaps that's because I bought Pinball FX 2 and then all the machines for it, never having played any PFX before. Well, really it may not be that I'm burned out, just that there's so much other stuff I want to play too. Of course once it comes out I could change my mind. :)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Personally, I think porieux's comment was a bit too generlized for serious debate... There's allot of crap on the market right now but there was allot of crap on the market back in the day too. (and, good to great stuff in all eras.)[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that's why I didn't debate it. Plus it was getting a bit off-topic.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Actually, he's a perfect choice. Someone at Zen really likes him and wanted to do a table for him but its not one of those characters that is going to drive standalone table sales... So you group him with others.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how that makes him a perfect choice. You can throw in any obscure character and say that. Maybe it's the vampire craze going on. I'm probably being too pessimistic but I just don't see a Blade table out selling X-Men, Captain America or Hulk. Still I guess it's nice to see 1 off-beat character if anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried Pinball FX2 finally. I didn't care for the original and the new physics didn't do it for me either. After playing the Pinball Hall of Fame series Pinball FX isn't anywhere near as good imo. Pinball FX does have a great leaderboards system where Pinball Hall of Fame's seriously blows (you still can't sort by friend's!).

Yeah I want the new Marvel tables but I blew the little me money (the rest is for Christmas presents for family) on Bejeweled 3. It was a hard choice but I believe the right one for me lol (besides I have 13 tables to choose with FX2 anyway).

Best Buy is taking forever to ship my points card :(

Looks like I am going to have to buy 800 points from MS tonight.

I'm still really looking forward to this DLC. Reviews keep popping up and from what I have read the new tables sound great. Anyone know what time they post stuff up on the marketplace? Isn't it like 5am EST?

[quote name='crunchewy']Best Buy finally shipped mine, sending me a notice finally tonight, so perhaps yours will be on its way soon too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, finally shipped tonight. Only took them about 5 days to ship... lol

Since I have been waiting for this for a while now, I don't think I can wait for the card to show up. Oh well, guess I will use it for BF Vietnam, and the upcoming Christmas sale.

As of now they still aren't up on the Live Marketplace website...

Tables downloading... :D

[quote name='Rodimus']I don't see how that makes him a perfect choice. You can throw in any obscure character and say that. Maybe it's the vampire craze going on. I'm probably being too pessimistic but I just don't see a Blade table out selling X-Men, Captain America or Hulk. Still I guess it's nice to see 1 off-beat character if anything.[/QUOTE]

I would throw any obscure character in there and say its perfect. (Granted, I would have preferred Moon Knight or Werewolf by Night but Blade isn't a bad choice... After all, it could have been Dazzler. ;) )

The fact remains that more people will buy a standalone Hulk or Captain America table than a Blade table so bundling a Blade table in is a good/sound business decision.

bread's done
Back