Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System for Xbox 360 $100 (Maybe Less) @ Buy.com

Import

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Linky

I ordered one yesterday after seeing the deal on SD. For the price it can't be beat according to reviews. New google checkout customers can get an extra $10 off.

If you already used google checkout like me there is a $10 rebate form -

Here

This can be used with or without the 360. Can also be used with the PS3 if wanted.

If wrong forum, please move....Thanks.

[quote name='Jesse_Dylan']I'm still waiting on mine, too. Slooooow.[/QUOTE]

especially BS since the website says that the items ships in 1-2 buissness after all of us placed orders before hand.

[quote name='crashnburn69']is there a difference between coaxial and optical? is one better?[/QUOTE]

Optical is better. Coaxial Digital isn't bad though if thats the only option you have.

[quote name='pimpinc333']??? Yes it is actually very very easy to replace the speaker wire.[/quote]

I was actually wondering this myself after seeing a picture of the thing on the site - there looked to be a proprietary connector on the back of the woofer. Can you elaborate on how you replace the wire? (I'd take a look at the thing myself, but my box is still 'sitting in the warehouse') Is the connector I'm seeing on the back of the woofer not proprietary?

Ordered a few nights ago, says to warehouse or some such, since it said 3-5 days I'm not really too worried about it. Looking forward to actually having bass, going to make my neighbors pissed, but I like feeling the concussions from a blast.

[quote name='pimpinc333']Optical is better. Coaxial Digital isn't bad though if thats the only option you have.[/QUOTE]

they are the same thing. they both transmit digital data, 1s and 0s, you'll have to explain why optical is better, from all i've heard they are equivalent.

[quote name='TheShiz']they are the same thing. they both transmit digital data, 1s and 0s, you'll have to explain why optical is better, from all i've heard they are equivalent.[/QUOTE]

All "data" is digital, most is binary (ie 1's and 0's); optical is a fiber optic cable, while coaxial uses copper wiring. You probably won't notice a huge difference in sound quality (especially on a cheaper system); however, it's great to only have to use one optical cable for 5.1 or higher surround sound, whereas you will need at least 5 separate coax cables for surround sound.

Beginning to wonder if this will ever ship as well... Order still says "Sent to Warehouse", and according to Buy.com, the item ships within a day or two of that if its in stock. It's been a week.

I'm an idiot when its come to sound systems so I have two questions.

Would I be able to connect both my ps3 and xbox 360 to this at all times ?

If so,what kind of cables would I need (currently using component for the 360 and hdmi for the ps3)?

Thanks in advance

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']I'm an idiot when its come to sound systems so I have two questions.

Would I be able to connect both my ps3 and xbox 360 to this at all times ?

If so,what kind of cables would I need (currently using component for the 360 and hdmi for the ps3)?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

You would just need to run the audio to this unit. So an optical cable to the 360 and an optical cable to the PS3 ( 1 optical cable is provided - buy another at Monoprice.com ) Simple Simple.

[quote name='pimpinc333']You would just need to run the audio to this unit. So an optical cable to the 360 and an optical cable to the PS3 ( 1 optical cable is provided - buy another at Monoprice.com ) Simple Simple.[/quote]

Best answer I could have hoped for.Thanks much appreciated!

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']Best answer I could have hoped for.Thanks much appreciated![/quote]

yea all you need is this thing called an Optical cable you can get it dirt cheap online or if you want it immedaitly just go to a local radio shack or lowes they have all kinds at low prices.

[quote name='benjamouth']Meh, I put in a request to cancel my order, they've taken too long to ship and now the buyers remorse has kicked in.[/quote]

Haha...just did the same thing. Not a great first experience with buy.com :roll:

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Beginning to wonder if this will ever ship as well... Order still says "Sent to Warehouse", and according to Buy.com, the item ships within a day or two of that if its in stock. It's been a week.[/quote]

email buy.com and see what is up

[quote name='jaldebot816']does anyone know if there is a headphone jack input on this unit? thanks[/QUOTE]

No headphone jack, sorry.

[quote name='Felder71']No headphone jack, sorry.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was hoping there would be one, but no such luck. luckily i have an old logitech 2.1 set that does have one, so i can put that on the rca outs on my tv to have headphones, and put this 5.1 set hooked up to the digital out.

Just a heads up, I picked this up yesterday at Circuit City for about $94 with their $15 0ff $100 coupon. You won't find it online though, you might wanna have an employee at CC check their inventory for you. They only had one at the CC I went to.

I got mine in from Buy.com the other day. Works well. The plastic connectors are a bit strange, especially since the speakers use bare wire connections.

[quote name='CMorrigu']I got mine in from Buy.com the other day. Works well. The plastic connectors are a bit strange, especially since the speakers use bare wire connections.[/QUOTE]

A lot of HTIB setups are like this. Ex. Sony.

[quote name='Sku Rhim']All "data" is digital, most is binary (ie 1's and 0's); optical is a fiber optic cable, while coaxial uses copper wiring. You probably won't notice a huge difference in sound quality (especially on a cheaper system); however, it's great to only have to use one optical cable for 5.1 or higher surround sound, whereas you will need at least 5 separate coax cables for surround sound.[/QUOTE]

I don't see why you would need 5 coax cables to get digital sound. There is only one coax input for digital sound on the receiver.

Using coax or optical should not matter other than:

1. with coax you can bend the wire almost any way you want (optical you have to be careful with the wire not to make sharp turns/kinks in the wire)

2. with coax, there might be a little interference from other cables or equipment... (no problem there with optical... duh light doesn't get disturbed easily) thus sound quality might suffer, but very unlikely anyone would notice

3. coax is more flexible than optical in terms of both cost and installation. you can frequently just use a regular rca cable for your audio (I do not believe in overpriced super duper Monster cables)

Negative. It still says Sent to Warehouse in my order info and I ordered on 11/29... Shenanigans, I say.

Update: Just checked mine after Shins update... Mine has shipped and I have tracking number. I take back my shenanigans.

Mine has changed from "Sent to Warehouse" to "On order" this morning.

Update: Now it says its shipped today. So i guess everyone should be getting them soon.

dam takin a while for buy.com i feel bad for u guys
i ordered on black friday for mine from woot and got it the friday after.

lol i find it funny when i use it and it says XBOX 360 but im usin my ps3. lol hope u guys get urs soon i love mine.

Hey Furashu, how's movie experience? You just said that the conversations are a bit low, right? Can't wait to use mine. I'm in the process of moving so it'll be awhile before I get use it.

Just wanted to say I bought these for 89.99 shipped and they sound amazing! I like how everything is built into the sub and you just have a simple/clean faceplate on the 360 (if you own one...its badass)

[quote name='svandoorn']I sent in a request to cancel my order but then magically they ship it. Great lol :applause:[/quote]

Same here, I'll remember that for future orders that are taking their time.

Mine was "shipped to warehouse" yesterday. This morning it is "shipped" with a FedEx tracking #. About damn time.

Anyway, I looked at the tracking and noticed this thing is 38 lbs! Maybe Buy wanted to get a bunch together to ship at once?

After debating on whether to get it or not..I finally jumped on the deal and have the gf purchase this for me as a xmas gift for $89.99 and going to apply for $10 rebate hoping to get it down to $79.99.

[quote name='richierich']Hey Furashu, how's movie experience? You just said that the conversations are a bit low, right? Can't wait to use mine. I'm in the process of moving so it'll be awhile before I get use it.[/quote]

yeah even for a non audiophile like me, the convos are kinda quiet compared to the loud explosions.
i had it up at 30 to hear the convos as loud as i wanted then when it switched to an explosive scene i nearly went deaf cause it was really loud lol and un expected too. but overall i like it so far especially if u arent an audiophile.

[Edit]Well, I have a tracking number, but all I'm seeing is 'Package data transmitted to FedEx', so it doesn't look like I'll be seeing the thing this weekend.

I'm not 100% sure if it's possible but does anyone know what kind of cable I'd need to connect this to a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer soundcard?
Also, would the soundcard be able to take advantage of this systems 5.1?

Ok I want to pick this up but it seems I will need 3 digital audio inputs(360,PS3,and HD-DVD Player) is there a splitter or someting cheap that I can pick up. Also once you hookup your consoles/DVD players to this do you than unhook them from the audio inputs on your TV?

Crap, this is really tempting. My year-old Philips home theater in a box is dying and I really want something with digital audio inputs. I'll have to have a little talk with the fiance about this for Christmas.

I order it for the same price locally and it came today. Debating to pick it up or just get a refund. I actually bought it for my bedroom where I do most my Xbox 360 gaming, but don't know if I even need it. Hmmm....

[quote name='ajh2298']Ok I want to pick this up but it seems I will need 3 digital audio inputs(360,PS3,and HD-DVD Player) is there a splitter or someting cheap that I can pick up. Also once you hookup your consoles/DVD players to this do you than unhook them from the audio inputs on your TV?[/QUOTE]

it has 3 digital audio inputs.

depends on the tv, my tv has 2 hdmi inputs and a digital audio output, so I can hook up 2 hdmi devices and send that output to this to have 2 things hooked up to only 1 of the 3 inputs on these speakers.

[quote name='Furashu']yeah even for a non audiophile like me, the convos are kinda quiet compared to the loud explosions.
i had it up at 30 to hear the convos as loud as i wanted then when it switched to an explosive scene i nearly went deaf cause it was really loud lol and un expected too. but overall i like it so far especially if u arent an audiophile.[/QUOTE]

If you find the conversations are too low, change the setup to make the center channel speaker louder. This is where 95% of the conversations come from. I did the MCACC and then pumped up the center channel about 5 points. Works much better now. Still not as good as my Onkyo downstairs but it fits the bill for $90.

[quote name='Felder71']If you find the conversations are too low, change the setup to make the center channel speaker louder. This is where 95% of the conversations come from. I did the MCACC and then pumped up the center channel about 5 points. Works much better now. Still not as good as my Onkyo downstairs but it fits the bill for $90.[/quote]

oh ok thansk for the tip.

bread's done
Back